COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$102.49
House of Cards: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$23.49
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$179.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Battle Royale (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Veep: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$20.99
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Inside Llewyn Davis (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Brick Mansions (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Masters of Sex: Season One (Blu-ray)
$29.49
Batman: Assault on Arkham (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$44.96
The Showdown (Blu-ray)
$37.95
Stalingrad 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.49
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Lucy (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Disney Parks: The Secrets, Stories and Magic Behind the Scenes (Blu-ray)
$9.95
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Sabrina (Blu-ray)
$11.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 03-15-2014, 07:43 PM   #601
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007
Caleefoahniuhh (as our old govunah would say)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Smith View Post
I understand your feelings. I don't always want to sit in my black pit, closed off sealed and dark HT room, but it does give the most focused and intense experience for film/music. There are times when I decide to watch up in the living room setup though when I am not in the mood for the focused intensity down there. Point of all this being that it is good to do and have both if you can IMO since both serve a purpose the other cant.
True, and actually my solution for when I do want to sit in an undisturbed and closed off room is, I converted my home office into an "Office HT" room. I have some decent gear in there with separates, which also serves as my 2-channel room. My work area faces 5 speakers (Mains, heights, center), the gear, and a 40" LED, two dual-driver isobaric 600W 12" sealed subs, and behind me are surround + surround heights for a 9.2 setup. I telecommute so I spend my work day in there with music going, and when I want to watch movies at night without disturbing the sleeping household, that's where I go. So I do actually have a black pit, and it's in my man cave.
Defeat of deduct must go over defense before detail does.
Old 03-15-2014, 07:46 PM   #602
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_5ive View Post
True, and actually my solution for when I do want to sit in an undisturbed and closed off room is, I converted my home office into an "Office HT" room. I have some decent gear in there with separates, which also serves as my 2-channel room. My work area faces 5 speakers (Mains, heights, center), the gear, and a 40" LED, two dual-driver isobaric 600W 12" sealed subs, and behind me are surround + surround heights for a 9.2 setup. I telecommute so I spend my work day in there with music going, and when I want to watch movies at night without disturbing the sleeping household, that's where I go. So I do actually have a black pit, and it's in my man cave.
Perfect!
Old 03-15-2014, 09:23 PM   #603
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2013
UK, south

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Smith View Post
The mix is the same which is the biggest factor, so there will be no difference there. Lossless will give you better fidelity, but with the mix being the same, there wont be any night/day difference in real world listening by any means. The track/scene is showing it's age which is the biggest thing you are noticing I am sure.
I think you are right, mate. Makes sense. I remember trying out Revolutions and it sounding REALLY good all the way through. Definitely showing it's age.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America