COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$102.49
House of Cards: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$23.49
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$179.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Battle Royale (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Veep: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$20.99
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Inside Llewyn Davis (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Brick Mansions (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Masters of Sex: Season One (Blu-ray)
$29.49
Batman: Assault on Arkham (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$44.96
The Showdown (Blu-ray)
$37.95
Stalingrad 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.49
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Lucy (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Disney Parks: The Secrets, Stories and Magic Behind the Scenes (Blu-ray)
$9.95
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Sabrina (Blu-ray)
$11.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

View Poll Results: STID -- Which version are you buying?
Standard 2D BD/DVD combo 152 14.06%
Standard 3D BD/2D BD/DVD combo 215 19.89%
Amazon phaser 95 8.79%
Best Buy 2D BD with online Bonus Features 79 7.31%
Target 2D BD with Bonus Disc 203 18.78%
Target 3D BD with Bonus Disc 206 19.06%
Walmart steelbook with toy ship 178 16.47%
Non-USA version 89 8.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1081. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-24-2014, 03:29 PM   #4761
Power Member

Jun 2007
Singapore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
The IMAX photography was in 2D at the IMAX 3D Theatrical engagements?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemaphile View Post
I think he's just saying that the IMAX footage was shot in 2D and converted to 3D. The new Transformers movie is actually the first one to film using 3D IMAX cameras for some sequences
Yes, that's what I meant.
Old 06-24-2014, 04:38 PM   #4762
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
Texas

Not to get too excited since we don't know, but I agree with MifuneFan : "I'd be surprised if they required any sort of proof of purchase for the '09 Star Trek." As for STID (sounds like some kinda VD ), I ain't mailin' nothin' back to nobody. I got the Target version and I ain't just throwing it away.
You can only have too much ammo if you're on fire or swimming.

Digital Copies Available ($1-$3 or Best Offer). PM Me For List.
Old 06-24-2014, 05:07 PM   #4763
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MvRojo View Post
Having to send the disc back wouldn't work for STID. You'd be sending back a disc that wouldn't get replaced, so you'd either lose the 3D version or the standard 2D version. That wouldn't make sense.
True... But who would still want the standard 2D version of the film anymore with the IMAX version? I would never consciously decide to watch a version of a film that has less image presented. So, with the IMAX version in hand the 2D version becomes completely obsolete. Sending the 2D disc back to swap for just the IMAX version would be logical. Hell, who knows, sending the 2D disc back might net you the whole retail package of the set with all of the content. That would be a worthy trade up in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Early Memphis View Post
Not to get too excited since we don't know, but I agree with MifuneFan : "I'd be surprised if they required any sort of proof of purchase for the '09 Star Trek." As for STID (sounds like some kinda VD ), I ain't mailin' nothin' back to nobody. I got the Target version and I ain't just throwing it away.
I don't think that you understand. You wouldn't have to send the entire case and contents back. You'd just literally put 1 disc into an envelope and mail it to them. That 1 disc is proof that you purchased the release and then they would send you the new disc/set. So, you'd get to keep whatever precious Target exclusive packaging came with your purchase. I don't understand how the Target exclusive is so special because of 1 disc that came with every release.
HT EQUIPMENT: Sony Bravia KDL-52W3000, Onkyo 805, B&W M-1s & AS-2 Sub, 60GB PS3, Toshiba HD-A2

PSN COLLECTION: Angry Birds, Bomberman Ultra, Flower, Joust, LBP: Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves, Magic Orbz, Super Stardust HD, Trials Of Topoq, Wipeout HD.

Last edited by Petra_Kalbrain; 06-24-2014 at 05:12 PM.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:29 PM   #4764
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petra_Kalbrain View Post
I don't think that you understand. You wouldn't have to send the entire case and contents back. You'd just literally put 1 disc into an envelope and mail it to them. That 1 disc is proof that you purchased the release and then they would send you the new disc/set. So, you'd get to keep whatever precious Target exclusive packaging came with your purchase. I don't understand how the Target exclusive is so special because of 1 disc that came with every release.
You had it right when you said you didn't understand - and it's mighty sanctimonious of you to tell me what I should mind, fearless leader. I don't think I should have to spend gas, money, time & trouble mailing anything back. That's my opinion and I don't have to clear it with you first. Mail whatever you want, dude - feel free - just let other folks have a different opinion without being so condescending, okay?

Thanks given by:
MifuneFan (06-25-2014)
Old 06-24-2014, 11:43 PM   #4765
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009
SF Bay Area, CA

Quote:
True... But who would still want the standard 2D version of the film anymore with the IMAX version? I would never consciously decide to watch a version of a film that has less image presented. So, with the IMAX version in hand the 2D version becomes completely obsolete. Sending the 2D disc back to swap for just the IMAX version would be logical. Hell, who knows, sending the 2D disc back might net you the whole retail package of the set with all of the content. That would be a worthy trade up in my opinion.
Some people might want the new set just for the special features and could care less about the IMAX version of the movie. Some people might not like the shifting aspect ratio. Or what if you sold the 2D version and only have the 3D version? Some people may prefer the 3D version which they'd lose if they had to send it in. There's lots of reasons why a disc mail back program would cause problems.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:11 AM   #4766
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:
You had it right when you said you didn't understand - and it's mighty sanctimonious of you to tell me what I should mind, fearless leader. I don't think I should have to spend gas, money, time & trouble mailing anything back. That's my opinion and I don't have to clear it with you first. Mail whatever you want, dude - feel free - just let other folks have a different opinion without being so condescending, okay?
Woah... that escalated quickly. I was just trying to clarify my statement as it first sounded like you thought that I was saying you would have to send the Blu-ray case and all contents back for the exchange. I was not trying to be a "sanctimonious and condescending fearless leader."

Quote:
Originally Posted by MvRojo View Post
Some people might want the new set just for the special features and could care less about the IMAX version of the movie. Some people might not like the shifting aspect ratio. Or what if you sold the 2D version and only have the 3D version? Some people may prefer the 3D version which they'd lose if they had to send it in. There's lots of reasons why a disc mail back program would cause problems.
And there are plenty of reasons why not using a disc mail back program would cause severe financial problems for the distribution company/studio.

Ok... now I'm going to be a little sanctimonious...

HT EQUIPMENT: Sony Bravia KDL-52W3000, Onkyo 805, B&W M-1s & AS-2 Sub, 60GB PS3, Toshiba HD-A2

PSN COLLECTION: Angry Birds, Bomberman Ultra, Flower, Joust, LBP: Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves, Magic Orbz, Super Stardust HD, Trials Of Topoq, Wipeout HD.

Last edited by Petra_Kalbrain; 06-25-2014 at 12:14 AM.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:20 AM   #4767
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
Texas

Quote:
Woah... that escalated quickly. I was just trying to clarify my statement as it first sounded like you thought that I was saying you would have to send the Blu-ray case and all contents back for the exchange. I was not trying to be a "sanctimonious and condescending fearless leader." ..
Well, I wasn't responding to a post of yours ... but, perhaps you're paying for some jerks who have jumped of late. If so, my bad.

Old 06-25-2014, 03:13 AM   #4768
Expert Member

Oct 2012
NC

Hopefully the rebate doesn't include cutting the UPC tabs from the blu-ray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
I bet World War Z is going to get an ultimate zombie edition too with both cuts, all the extras, and maybe some new stuff too. But probably closer to the sequel's release
I'm waiting for that release. lol
Old 06-25-2014, 03:19 AM   #4769
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:
Well, I wasn't responding to a post of yours ... but, perhaps you're paying for some jerks who have jumped of late. If so, my bad.
Are you sure? You might want to reread the last few posts. You quoted me, highlighted my "I don't understand" comment, followed through with saying that I was right in saying that I don't understand with a mixture of various other attempted insults, and finished off with the sanctimonious statement.

No worries though. I don't take offense to anonymous internet comments. In fact, the harder they try, the more I laugh.

Old 06-25-2014, 03:26 AM   #4770
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
Texas

Quote:
Are you sure? You might want to reread the last few posts. You quoted me, highlighted my "I don't understand" comment, followed through with saying that I was right in saying that I don't understand with a mixture of various other attempted insults, and finished off with the sanctimonious statement.

No worries though. I don't take offense to anonymous internet comments. In fact, the harder they try, the more I laugh.
I was referring to my original post - didn't even know that you'd said anything about the mail in rebate. We'll have to agree to differ there as I'd surely pass on this if any "make good" gesture required that much BS. It has nothing to do with, as you put it, "whatever precious Target exclusive packaging came with (my) purchase", it has everything to do with not expecting people to jump through hoops for a make-good - especially when the obvious counter is to tell 'em to shove their box set sideways.

Old 06-25-2014, 05:02 AM   #4771

Feb 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panama Jack View Post
My only wish is that they'd do separate releases just because one of my weird obsessions is that I don't like to have box sets of movies where the series isn't done. It would sorta drive me nuts to have 1-2 in a box, and then have the inevitable 3 by itself later on. Weird I know. My crazy knows no bounds.

But hopefully what Bill guessed turns out to be true, that they will do separate releases of these later on. Still super happy they're doing this. Now bring on the Director's Cuts of the originals. And while you're at it, give Shatner some money to do a Director's Edition of Final Frontier w/ better effects.
Right there with you. I abhor buying collections of movies when I know the series isn't complete. The X-Men are a good example. There's gotta be 20 different box sets of those movies and I wouldn't want a box of the current 6 movies only to have Days of Future Past sitting all lonely next to it. The only way I'll do it is if I get extra features off of it or if it is cost efficient (When I first bought the X-Men trilogy on Blu it was cheaper to by the trilogy box set then the movies independently).
Old 07-08-2014, 05:21 PM   #4772

Dec 2012

this is 12.96 at walmart 3d edition just priced match at best buy very happy.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America