Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Mad Max Anthology (Blu-ray)
$47.88
Star Wars: Rebels - Complete Season One (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Originals: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Escape from Alcatraz (Blu-ray)
$9.98
Team America: World Police (Blu-ray)
$9.98
The Walking Dead: Seasons 1-4 (Blu-ray)
$68.99
Hammer Horror Classics, Volume 1 (Blu-ray)
$38.47
We Are Still Here (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Vampire Diaries: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Space Dandy: Season 2 (Blu-ray)
$37.39
Scorpion: Season One (Blu-ray)
$39.95
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old Today, 04:41 AM   #52441

Nov 2009
Melbourne, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bay Fan View Post
I watched the movie The Witches Of Eastwick earlier. and in the credit I saw his name as a producer and just laughed. I thought to myself will there be a giant spider in this?
[Show spoiler]Well, no spiders. But there was a huge Jack Nicholson monster at the end.
Yep the guy is a lunatic, took him 20 plus years but he got his spider fight in Wild Wild West and his giant tentacle fight in Man of Steel. So he got what he wanted in the end, he just didn't get it in one movie. Thank god for that!
Military General: "Mr Bay, those aren't ideas, those are special effects!"

Michael Bay: "I don't understand the difference."
Thanks given by:
Michael Bay Fan (Today)
Old Today, 04:47 AM   #52442
Blu-ray King

Aug 2011
Elm Street

Quote:
Originally Posted by pksmith74 View Post
Yep the guy is a lunatic, took him 20 plus years but he got his spider fight in Wild Wild West and his giant tentacle fight in Man of Steel. So he got what he wanted in the end, he just didn't get it in one movie. Thank god for that!
I just remember hearing the story from Kevin Smith on one of his Evenings with Kevin Smith or whatever they are called. And how Brainiac would be razzling Polar Bears. or how Superman needed guards at the north pole for Brainiac to fight with.
Biggest Jennifer Lawrence fan here / I've finished a 5th draft of my latest script. It's a comedy Life As Liz written in mind with Jen as the lead. PM If interested. I've also finished the first draft on my 14th full length feature script.

I'm looking for X-Men: DOFP Rogue Cut with slipcover. I'm willing to trade Movie Cash, Blu Rays, DVDs or Slips from my collection for it.
Old Today, 04:51 AM   #52443

Nov 2009
Melbourne, Australia

Quote:
I just remember hearing the story from Kevin Smith on one of his Evenings with Kevin Smith or whatever they are called. And how Brainiac would be razzling Polar Bears. or how Superman needed guards at the north pole for Brainiac to fight with.
Yes, indeed he did. There are some great insights from Kevin in the documentary from the time he submitted his original script (which Peters needed Kevin to read to him, line by line) to the time he was released/fired from the project. The documentary has it's flaws sure, but for the most part it was pretty informative.

Old Today, 04:53 AM   #52444
Blu-ray King

Aug 2011
Elm Street

Quote:
Yes, indeed he did. There are some great insights from Kevin in the documentary from the time he submitted his original script (which Peters needed Kevin to read to him, line by line) to the time he was released/fired from the project. The documentary has it's flaws sure, but for the most part it was pretty informative.
Yeah, I saw that. He (Peters) said he needed to hear it. So that way he could picture it in his head. Weird how a guy goes from being a hair dresser. So a mega Hollywood movie producer.
Biggest Jennifer Lawrence fan here / I've finished a 5th draft of my latest script. It's a comedy Life As Liz written in mind with Jen as the lead. PM If interested. I've also finished the first draft on my 14th full length feature script.

I'm looking for X-Men: DOFP Rogue Cut with slipcover. I'm willing to trade Movie Cash, Blu Rays, DVDs or Slips from my collection for it.
Old Today, 04:58 AM   #52445

Nov 2009
Melbourne, Australia

Quote:
Yeah, I saw that. He (Peters) said he needed to hear it. So that way he could picture it in his head. Weird how a guy goes from being a hair dresser. So a mega Hollywood movie producer.
It's the stuff Hollywood dreams are made of! I was Barbara Streisand's hairdresser, now I'm a mega producer! Just a few small problems, I can't read, I don't actually have any useful ideas, I am violent and abusive to my staff and my ego is the size of all outdoors. But hey, call me and I'll produce your next movie. Just be ready for skull ships, polar bears, tentacle fights and a giant ass spider, but we'll fool everyone by calling the spider a Thanagarian Snare Beast...

Thanks given by:
Michael Bay Fan (Today)
Old Today, 05:04 AM   #52446
Blu-ray King

Aug 2011
Elm Street

Quote:
It's the stuff Hollywood dreams are made of! I was Barbara Streisand's hairdresser, now I'm a mega producer! Just a few small problems, I can't read, I don't actually have any useful ideas, I am violent and abusive to my staff and my ego is the size of all outdoors. But hey, call me and I'll produce your next movie. Just be ready for skull ships, polar bears, tentacle fights and a giant ass spider, but we'll fool everyone by calling the spider a Thanagarian Snare Beast...
That last part cracked me up when Smith said that. and Peters liked it.

Old Today, 05:08 AM   #52447

Nov 2009
Melbourne, Australia

Quote:
That last part cracked me up when Smith said that. and Peters liked it.
I think Peters was the only one who liked it. The guy is a thief as well, on the final day before production was shut down, he sent his assistant to the pre-production model department to retrieve the skull ship model so it could be shown off in a production meeting. The model then promptly disappeared, only to be discovered 20 plus years later in a glass case in Peters personal model collection...

Old Today, 07:16 AM   #52448
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2013
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groot View Post

I think that looks pretty majestic, tbh.
I rewatched Man of Steel yesterday and damn would it have been interesting to see Nic Cage in the role.
"Who cares if it's stupid?" - Dalekbuster523Bluray
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies