Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Wire: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$109.99
Kingdom of Heaven (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Birdman (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Penguins of Madagascar 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Exodus: Gods and Kings 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Penguins of Madagascar (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Penguins of Madagascar (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$71.99
Penguins of Madagascar 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.99
101 Dalmatians (Blu-ray)
$18.00
John Wayne Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Ghost in the Shell (Blu-ray)
$9.96
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 03-25-2015, 05:58 PM   #481
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2011

That's a good idea actually. Release a similar film as the main attraction and include the old SILIP master as a bonus film, and then up the RRP as necessary.

If not then maybe have Lyris look over the master and see what he thinks? If it's going to look like an upscale then obviously forget it, but if it was a decent transfer back in 2007 it could still be so today. Twin Peaks looks amazing on BD despite using a fairly dated transfer for instance.
Old 03-25-2015, 06:53 PM   #482

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared A. View Post
I will go out on a limb and say that our DVDs of COUNTESS PERVERSE and HOW TO SEDUCE A VIRGIN are among the best looking standard definition releases EVER.
They really are ( I love these 2 ).....it makes me wonder what they'd look like @ 1080p?
Might these be so good on DVD that the Blu's would suffer from a not so massive improvement scenario?
Old 03-25-2015, 08:35 PM   #483
Mondo Macabro Insider

Mar 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by junyab View Post
Sorry if I'm prying, but would you guys every consider adding it to a blu release of a different film? Like BU didn't with Daughters of Darkness/The Blood Spattered Bride

Or make a double feature like Shout! is doing?
Not prying at all! We haven't considered that, or at least it's not come up in conversations I've had with Pete, but it's not a bad idea. Not sure if it would work, or what we'd put with it, but it's worth a think ...
Old 03-25-2015, 08:37 PM   #484
Mondo Macabro Insider

Mar 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieLarkin View Post

If not then maybe have Lyris look over the master and see what he thinks? If it's going to look like an upscale then obviously forget it, but if it was a decent transfer back in 2007 it could still be so today. Twin Peaks looks amazing on BD despite using a fairly dated transfer for instance.
If we do it, we will definitely get Lyris to sprinkle some of his magic on top to make it look as good as it can.

But just so we aren't getting ahead of ourselves, there currently are no concrete plans to bring SILIP to blu.

Yet.
Thanks given by:
EddieLarkin (03-25-2015)
Old 03-25-2015, 08:49 PM   #485

Jan 2012

Quote:
If we do it, we will definitely get Lyris to sprinkle some of his magic on top to make it look as good as it can.

But just so we aren't getting ahead of ourselves, there currently are no concrete plans to bring SILIP to blu.

Yet.
Transfers from 2007 can still look great and can definitely look far better than any SD release derived from it. Definitely consider looking over the transfer to see how it fares for the standards of the Mondo Macabro catalogue!
Thanks given by:
Jared A. (03-25-2015), Undeadcow (03-25-2015)
Old 03-25-2015, 10:47 PM   #486

Oct 2012

Quote:
I will go out on a limb and say that our DVDs of COUNTESS PERVERSE and HOW TO SEDUCE A VIRGIN are among the best looking standard definition releases EVER.
It isnt hype and i agree they look incredible
Old 03-26-2015, 03:21 AM   #487

Feb 2011
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Not prying at all! We haven't considered that, or at least it's not come up in conversations I've had with Pete, but it's not a bad idea. Not sure if it would work, or what we'd put with it, but it's worth a think ...
Love to hear that those are options that are at least being discussed...great stuff.
Panasonic TC-P50S30 Onkyo TX-SR706 Oppo BDP-83, 980H
Definitive Technology Mythos 6 (x2), Mythos 7, Pro Sub 800
Mirage Nanosat (x4)
Old 03-31-2015, 05:45 PM   #488
Mondo Macabro Insider

Mar 2012

Hey guys!

Just a head's up, we now have less than 30 copies of the red-case version of THE FAN left. If you've wanted one and been putting it off, now is the time!

Also, we have the first ever official Mondo Macabro t-shirts for sale. It's our logo on a red tee. Less than 150 of these are available! And they won't be repressed any time soon!

Also also, we are having a sale on all of available back catalog titles! Everything is $3 off.

Plenty of frivolous things to spend your hard earned money on!

http://mondomacabro.bigcartel.com/
Old 03-31-2015, 08:03 PM   #489

Oct 2012

Quote:
Hey guys!

Just a head's up, we now have less than 30 copies of the red-case version of THE FAN left. If you've wanted one and been putting it off, now is the time!

Also, we have the first ever official Mondo Macabro t-shirts for sale. It's our logo on a red tee. Less than 150 of these are available! And they won't be repressed any time soon!

Also also, we are having a sale on all of available back catalog titles! Everything is $3 off.

Plenty of frivolous things to spend your hard earned money on!

http://mondomacabro.bigcartel.com/
Thanks jared...as excited as i am for 'tango of perversion' its a shame its not hitting blu...im onlybringing it up as i noticed on the press release it states new transfer from negative. Im still super pumped though and you guys clearly know the business/market better than we do...iv just been secretly hoping that the riskier titles might get a 500 ltd run via the cartel site. Please dont think i am moaning though as it will be amazing just to see some of these greek titles uncut. None have really had much exposure on dvd except the obvious ones like 'island of death'
Old 03-31-2015, 08:26 PM   #490
Mondo Macabro Insider

Mar 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by george n View Post
Thanks jared...as excited as i am for 'tango of perversion' its a shame its not hitting blu...im onlybringing it up as i noticed on the press release it states new transfer from negative. Im still super pumped though and you guys clearly know the business/market better than we do...iv just been secretly hoping that the riskier titles might get a 500 ltd run via the cartel site. Please dont think i am moaning though as it will be amazing just to see some of these greek titles uncut. None have really had much exposure on dvd except the obvious ones like 'island of death'
Well, those "new transers" are being done in Greece without our "supervision". So we aren't expecting anything but a DVD-ready master. And even more importantly the deal we made was for DVD only. But they should look pretty good (Pro-B will be reviewing them here in this forum), and as you say they will be uncut for the first time, also for the first time we'll have both Greek and English language tracks.

Working on some sort of pre-order deal through the webstore. Stay tuned!
Old 03-31-2015, 08:32 PM   #491

Oct 2012

Cool...i hope idont sound too negative...you guys are the only company i religeously buy every release from inc dvds...looking forward to hearing about possible pre order deals. I imagine most would rather pre order direct to support you guys but it may depend on postage costs for some...keep us posted buddy
Old 03-31-2015, 09:42 PM   #492
Mondo Macabro Insider

Mar 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by george n View Post
Cool...i hope idont sound too negative...you guys are the only company i religeously buy every release from inc dvds...looking forward to hearing about possible pre order deals. I imagine most would rather pre order direct to support you guys but it may depend on postage costs for some...keep us posted buddy
We'll probably offer some sort of deal on shipping for the pre-order. Everything very much TBD.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:08 PM   #493
Expert Member

Mar 2011

Apologies if I missed this somewhere in the thread already in progress, but any chance for a Blu of THE LIVING CORPSE ("Zinda Laash")? It's one of my favorite retellings of DRACULA and even though I love the DVD, having it in Blu would be fantastic.
Thanks given by:
Undeadcow (03-31-2015)
Old 03-31-2015, 10:36 PM   #494
Mondo Macabro Insider

Mar 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Echo View Post
Apologies if I missed this somewhere in the thread already in progress, but any chance for a Blu of THE LIVING CORPSE ("Zinda Laash")? It's one of my favorite retellings of DRACULA and even though I love the DVD, having it in Blu would be fantastic.
Unlikely, as it would require an expensive re-scanning of the negatives, if we could even get our hands on them. And this has never been a big seller.

Old 03-31-2015, 10:49 PM   #495
Expert Member

Mar 2011

Quote:
Unlikely, as it would require an expensive re-scanning of the negatives, if we could even get our hands on them. And this has never been a big seller.

Thanks for letting us know. What a shame, but I imagine that it would be hard to get a hold of original elements and why take that on when the DVD failed to yield adequate returns? That's the reality some of us forget in these forums when we have a favorite title and imagine it's everyone else's favorite as well.

I do love the movie and am grateful to have an excellent copy of it, no matter what the format. I highly recommend it to those who haven't seen it. No well rounded horror or Dracula collection should be without this unique entry.
Old Yesterday, 01:56 AM   #496
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010

Amazon tells me Der Fan is on its way to me
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors