Best Blu-ray Deals

Black Friday Sale is Live, From $3.99 »
Now: The Wolf of Wall Street $6.00 (92% sold out)
Now: Angry Birds Toons: Season One … $3.96 (91% sold out)
Soon: Heaven Is for Real ()
Soon: Man of Steel ()

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$7.99
4 hrs ago
The King's Speech (Blu-ray)
$3.99
3 hrs ago
The LEGO Movie (Blu-ray)
$8.99
3 hrs ago
You're Next (Blu-ray)
$5.99
1 hr ago
Killing Them Softly (Blu-ray)
$3.99
16 hrs ago
American Hustle (Blu-ray)
$6.00
 
Gangs of New York (Blu-ray)
$3.99
8 hrs ago
Casablanca (Blu-ray)
$5.99
7 hrs ago
Breaking Bad: The Final Season (Blu-ray)
$9.99
22 hrs ago
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Blu-ray)
$4.99
18 hrs ago
Good Will Hunting (Blu-ray)
$3.99
 
The Sandlot (Blu-ray)
$4.99
8 hrs ago
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$9.00
 
Mirror Mirror (Blu-ray)
$4.99
4 hrs ago

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate the Movie *After You've Seen It!*
One Star 4 1.00%
Two Stars 17 4.25%
Three Stars 58 14.50%
Four Stars 121 30.25%
Five Stars 200 50.00%
Voters: 400. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Today, 06:27 AM   #2761
pi2loc pi2loc is online now
Special Member
 
pi2loc's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Maine
870
102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbethancourt View Post
You mean like the four or five people who have appointed themselves to "refute" every single negative review or critical comment of the film?
No, I mean like the people who are here with the sole purpose of forcing their opinions as facts and contradicting themselves with their own statements.

I'm not precisely talking about you but repeating that the movie is bad, doesn't make it bad.

If you pay attention to the last pages, a member claimed that Contact was better than Interstellar, and that Nolan was a novice and Zemeckis was a seasoned genius. When asked on what facts those statements were based on, he just ignored the questions but continued to repeat the same factually incorrect statement, again and again.

Do you really want any of us to take that serious? Do you really want any of us to respect that opinion? I don't think so.
Free advice: If you're a banned member and decided to return with a new account because you clearly can't live without the forum, at least try to change your posting style a little so no one can really tell it's you. ;)
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:01 AM   #2762
Palmer Joss Palmer Joss is online now
Member
 
Palmer Joss's Avatar
 
Nov 2014
London
Default

That would be me!

Yes, shall I explain this, do I need to explain this?

Zemeckis - First movie in 1978, 18 in total as Director, attended film school at USC and trained with the likes of Spielberg, Bob Gale etc. His unmistakable style, and amazing attention to detail is well known, and his track record speaks for itself having made some of the most iconic and influential movies in history.

Nolan - Directional debut around 1998, 9 movies as director, and yes of course some of these have been and remain highly successful and influential. The Batman triology is without equal in that genre (God help us now that Affleck will be playing him!), but that aside he's some 20 years behind Zemeckis in the game!

This is not some contest here, and both filmakers have tremendous talents, but the 25-30 major issues that keep nagging away about Interstellar just won't go away. I just hope that the BR has a Directors Cut, even if it makes the movie 6hrs long, because that's how long is needed to explain away all the missing components...in my opinion!

Anyway, as the rule is no more than ONE negative comment about a movie in a review thread, perhaps we can have 25-30 separate threads regarding the major issues with this enjoyable, but slightly 'missed the mark' movie by Nolan?
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:09 AM   #2763
Thomas Guycott Thomas Guycott is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Thomas Guycott's Avatar
 
Feb 2012
USA
410
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer Joss View Post
This is not some contest here
Oh no, clearly not.
"We got this, man! We got this by the ass!"

Twitter! @TGuycott
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:29 AM   #2764
pi2loc pi2loc is online now
Special Member
 
pi2loc's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Maine
870
102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer Joss View Post
That would be me!

Yes, shall I explain this, do I need to explain this?

Zemeckis - First movie in 1978, 18 in total as Director, attended film school at USC and trained with the likes of Spielberg, Bob Gale etc. His unmistakable style, and amazing attention to detail is well known, and his track record speaks for itself having made some of the most iconic and influential movies in history.

Nolan - Directional debut around 1998, 9 movies as director, and yes of course some of these have been and remain highly successful and influential. The Batman triology is without equal in that genre (God help us now that Affleck will be playing him!), but that aside he's some 20 years behind Zemeckis in the game!
It still doesn't prove why Nolan is a novice and Zemeckis is a seasoned genius. What you just posted prove that Zemeckis is just 20 years ahead Nolan, that's probably why Zemeckis has 18 movies and Nolan only 9. And that's also probably because Zemeckis is 62 and Nolan only 44.

According to the info you just shared, we can deduce both are tremendous directors. Nothing more.

Now, try to back up your own claim using facts and don't make me waste my time with Wikipedia info. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer Joss View Post
This is not some contest here
The one who made a comparison between directors, was you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer Joss View Post
but the 25-30 major issues that keep nagging away about Interstellar just won't go away.
Most of those 25-30 'major issues' have been debunked in this forum. You just chose to ignore them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer Joss View Post
I just hope that the BR has a Directors Cut, even if it makes the movie 6hrs long, because that's how long is needed to explain away all the missing components...in my opinion!
Don't forget to use "subjective".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer Joss View Post
Anyway, as the rule is no more than ONE negative comment about a movie in a review thread, perhaps we can have 25-30 separate threads regarding the major issues with this enjoyable, but slightly 'missed the mark' movie by Nolan?
We won't be needing that because those "major issues" only reside in your head.
Free advice: If you're a banned member and decided to return with a new account because you clearly can't live without the forum, at least try to change your posting style a little so no one can really tell it's you. ;)
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:30 AM   #2765
lemonski lemonski is offline
Special Member
 
lemonski's Avatar
 
Sep 2007
641
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pi2loc View Post
Yes, and those 3 were all better than Contact.
Well played, sir.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:37 AM   #2766
manunited1 manunited1 is online now
Expert Member
 
manunited1's Avatar
 
May 2010
denver, co
602
180
1
14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pi2loc View Post
'Whatever dude' is not a factually correct answer. Please try again.
Fact: Contact is a better movie, and Neil Degrass Tyson agrees so you lose

Also, just for kicks, I present bluray.com's review.

http://www.blu-ray.com/Interstellar/206156/#Preview

Aw looks like the smart people win let's hear your opinions and corrections about this sites opinion instead of trying to correct the people here that are clearly the future 5d creatures. You 3d humans enjoy your little movie.

I'm gonna go fly off into bookshelf world and see if I can make 2001 fall into the bluray player.
May the force be with you...

Last edited by manunited1; Today at 08:52 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:18 AM   #2767
lemonski lemonski is offline
Special Member
 
lemonski's Avatar
 
Sep 2007
641
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manunited1 View Post
Aw looks like the smart people win
Good. You can join them in the ignore file.

PLONK
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:25 AM   #2768
Infernal King Infernal King is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Infernal King's Avatar
 
Jun 2013
-
1
Default

I liked Contact.
Just a fly in the ointment. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the ass.

Last edited by Infernal King; Today at 09:30 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:03 AM   #2769
manunited1 manunited1 is online now
Expert Member
 
manunited1's Avatar
 
May 2010
denver, co
602
180
1
14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonski View Post
Good. You can join them in the ignore file.

PLONK
I'm truly and deeply hurt lol. I'm just trying to work you guys up ;p you know I love you dudes and dudettes.

I did enjoy contact a little more but I put the two in the same boat.
May the force be with you...
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:08 AM   #2770
pi2loc pi2loc is online now
Special Member
 
pi2loc's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Maine
870
102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manunited1 View Post
Fact: Contact is a better movie, and Neil Degrass Tyson agrees so you lose
And based on what fact Contact is a better movie? Because Neil DeGrass thought it was better to him? That's not a fact. Do you know what a 'fact' is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manunited1 View Post
Also, just for kicks, I present bluray.com's review.

http://www.blu-ray.com/Interstellar/206156/#Preview

Aw looks like the smart people win let's hear your opinions and corrections about this sites opinion instead of trying to correct the people here that are clearly the future 5d creatures. You 3d humans enjoy your little movie.
And? You're not smart because you say you're smart.

I wanna know, what's exactly your point with that link? That's not this site's opinion. That's Brian Orndorf's preview. Brian Orndorf is not voice of this site. That's just one man's opinion.

Nobody is trying to correct anyone, at least not me. If someone makes a claim and tries to pass it as a fact, they'll need to back that up, if and when they can't, that's exactly when we, 3d humans, laugh our butts off.
Free advice: If you're a banned member and decided to return with a new account because you clearly can't live without the forum, at least try to change your posting style a little so no one can really tell it's you. ;)
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:16 PM   #2771
manunited1 manunited1 is online now
Expert Member
 
manunited1's Avatar
 
May 2010
denver, co
602
180
1
14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pi2loc View Post
And based on what fact Contact is a better movie? Because Neil DeGrass thought it was better to him? That's not a fact. Do you know what a 'fact' is?



And? You're not smart because you say you're smart.

I wanna know, what's exactly your point with that link? That's not this site's opinion. That's Brian Orndorf's preview. Brian Orndorf is not voice of this site. That's just one man's opinion.

Nobody is trying to correct anyone, at least not me. If someone makes a claim and tries to pass it as a fact, they'll need to back that up, if and when they can't, that's exactly when we, 3d humans, laugh our butts off.
Man did you take your blood pressure medicine today? Here is an actual fact: you are getting way to worked up about this and are taking it way too seriously. I am clearly teasing and joking in my post lol kids these days.

I am sure Nolan is happy he reached his fanbase with interstellar :/
May the force be with you...
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:39 PM   #2772
pi2loc pi2loc is online now
Special Member
 
pi2loc's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Maine
870
102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manunited1 View Post
Man did you take your blood pressure medicine today? Here is an actual fact: you are getting way to worked up about this and are taking it way too seriously. I am clearly teasing and joking in my post lol kids these days.

I am sure Nolan is happy he reached his fanbase with interstellar :/
And what makes you think that I'm not teasing and joking too?

It is only your perception that I'm getting "way too worked up", therefore it can't be an actual fact. We need to know the true meaning of the words we use lol, kids these days.
Free advice: If you're a banned member and decided to return with a new account because you clearly can't live without the forum, at least try to change your posting style a little so no one can really tell it's you. ;)
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Tags
interstellar

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:50 PM.