Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Avengers 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.32

12 Monkeys (Blu-ray)
$29.33

Sicario (Blu-ray)
$4.00

The Blacklist: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Blockers (Blu-ray)
$11.99

Ash vs Evil Dead: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Pacific Rim: Uprising (Blu-ray)
$11.99

Supergirl: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$12.99

DC's Legends of Tomorrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Tag (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Truth or Dare (Blu-ray)
$11.99

Home from the Hill (Blu-ray)
$13.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate Kick-Ass 2
1 out of 5 10 5.92%
1.5 out of 5 2 1.18%
2 out of 5 6 3.55%
2.5 out of 5 4 2.37%
3 out of 5 21 12.43%
3.5 out of 5 40 23.67%
4 out of 5 58 34.32%
4.5 out of 5 19 11.24%
5 out of 5 9 5.33%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-22-2013, 01:53 PM   #1301

Aug 2012
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-rashdash View Post
2. Katie
[Show spoiler]dumping Dave.
That was poorly done.
The whole Katie story is something changed from the comic too - ok, I understand that being a comic book movie doesn't mean it needs to be completely faithful to the source material - however
[Show spoiler]in the comic,the Motherf***** goes after Katie and her family first, then escalating to killing Dave's dad. In the film they replaced Katie with Night *****, with the basis being because Dave is hooking up with her. I just feel if they had kept it as Katie, but maybe toned it down a bit from the comic (she was raped and her family killed), it would have added that extra emotional layer. The whole point was that Chris and his gang were going after everything Dave held dear, and using Katie (even if they broke up) makes more sense than some girl he had never even seen without a mask.

As I've said already, I really need to see this again to make a better judgment. I'm not sure how many people here have read the comics or not (I eagerly waited two years for all 12 issues that make up the story to be released - so many delays!). Just from the perspective of a collector, I don't feel the film paid off as well as it could have. Purely my opinion of course - I understand there are people that have interest in the film and nothing more, and if everyone else thinks it is brilliant then that's completely cool by me. It's been released now and there is nothing that will change what we've been given - I'm just going to be over here in my corner appreciating it but also wishing some things had stayed as they were
Old 08-22-2013, 02:41 PM   #1302
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2011
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus_Ivan View Post
The whole Katie story is something changed from the comic too - ok, I understand that being a comic book movie doesn't mean it needs to be completely faithful to the source material - however
[Show spoiler]in the comic,the Motherf***** goes after Katie and her family first, then escalating to killing Dave's dad. In the film they replaced Katie with Night *****, with the basis being because Dave is hooking up with her. I just feel if they had kept it as Katie, but maybe toned it down a bit from the comic (she was raped and her family killed), it would have added that extra emotional layer. The whole point was that Chris and his gang were going after everything Dave held dear, and using Katie (even if they broke up) makes more sense than some girl he had never even seen without a mask.
The problem was that the actress who played Katie was busy shooting the Nikita TV series while this was been filmed and so couldn't reprise the role past the cameo she put in (and I'm glad they took the time to do that rather than just have someone say "Hey, shame Katie had to move to Europe" or something). It's another example of the film having to compromise due to the restrictions of "You have to film it very soon, in this space of time, with this budget, ready for release next summer" that Universal gave them. That's not a knock - if this was the only way to get a sequel then I'm glad they went for it, it's just a shame that the whole things comes off as a bit rushed and cheap (and containing errors that might have gotten spotted given more time - e.g. two years has passed and Mindy has gone from being 11 to 15 in that amount of time).
Old 08-22-2013, 02:44 PM   #1303
Power Member

May 2007
NYC

In the comics Katie never dated Dave. She was pissed when he told her he wasn't gay. So they had to change things anyway.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:46 PM   #1304
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2011
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike79 View Post
In the comics Katie never dated Dave. She was pissed when he told her he wasn't gay. So they had to change things anyway.
If the actress had been available they could easily have done the comic storyline with Katie still being his actual girlfriend. If anything it would have worked better (in terms of how it affects Dave).
Old 08-22-2013, 02:49 PM   #1305
Power Member

May 2007
NYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Ackerman View Post
If the actress had been available they could easily have done the comic storyline with Katie still being his actual girlfriend. If anything it would have worked better (in terms of how it affects Dave).
I agree with that. It would have made much more sense. I think the changes made to the first movie from the comic were for the better. The second one, not so much, because it wasn't as natural.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:00 PM   #1306
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Ackerman View Post
The problem was that the actress who played Katie was busy shooting the Nikita TV series while this was been filmed and so couldn't reprise the role past the cameo she put in (and I'm glad they took the time to do that rather than just have someone say "Hey, shame Katie had to move to Europe" or something). It's another example of the film having to compromise due to the restrictions of "You have to film it very soon, in this space of time, with this budget, ready for release next summer" that Universal gave them. That's not a knock - if this was the only way to get a sequel then I'm glad they went for it, it's just a shame that the whole things comes off as a bit rushed and cheap (and containing errors that might have gotten spotted given more time - e.g. two years has passed and Mindy has gone from being 11 to 15 in that amount of time).
And Dave is still in high school.
32" Sharp Aquos LCD, 46" Samsung LN46C670 LCD
Tivo HD DVR, Onkyo TX-SR606, Sony BDP-550, Toshiba HD-A35

FOX, the network so dumb it should be called OX

Machete don't text.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:09 PM   #1307
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008

I havent read either the second KA or the Hit-Girl comics. Having read the original comic I know that not only did stuff get changed, but in that regard the movie was a sequel to the first movie and those changes had to be carried on. My favorite homage' to the KA2 comic was the way they handled Eisenhower in the movie. Instead of just leaving the controversial scene out they played off it. Didnt see the extra scene but they could do a lot worse than involve Ian Glen in a third movie.
32" Sharp Aquos LCD, 46" Samsung LN46C670 LCD
Tivo HD DVR, Onkyo TX-SR606, Sony BDP-550, Toshiba HD-A35

FOX, the network so dumb it should be called OX

Machete don't text.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:55 PM   #1308
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2009
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike79 View Post
I was never into comic books but, what kind of comic books discusses adult subject matters such as homosexuality and so forth.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:09 PM   #1309
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008
AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
I was never into comic books but, what kind of comic books discusses adult subject matters such as homosexuality and so forth.
Comics for adults? They're not exclusive to children...
Old 08-22-2013, 07:11 PM   #1310
Power Member

May 2007
NYC

Yes, I do not believe the kick-ass comics are intended for children. Considering they have a lot more gore then the kick-ass movies.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:45 PM   #1311
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2008
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
I'm pretty sure there are more adult subject material in the comics over homosexuality.
"Film lovers are sick people." - François Truffaut
[FADE TO BLACK]
Old 08-22-2013, 08:40 PM   #1312
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2011
Naucalpan de Juarez, Mexico

I have watched the movie twice and for me is a really good sequel, I love it

A must have for me.

And now I have to wait for the 3rd part
Old 08-22-2013, 08:49 PM   #1313
Special Member

Dec 2011
Canton, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Special Dog View Post

A must have for me.

I agree. I still like the first a tad better, but I think this was a well done sequel. Good enough in my eyes. I'm ready for the blu!
TOP 5
1. Jurassic Park 2. Bourne Trilogy 3. The Departed 4. The Town 5. Alien
Old 08-23-2013, 10:23 PM   #1314
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008

That was F**KING awesome!

Probably ties with the first for me. Maybe a notch above it.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:21 AM   #1315

Jul 2012
Sparta

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Special Dog View Post

A must have for me.

Awesome if everyone sees it more than once maybe it will make enough for the third installment. It would be awesome if matthew vaughnn returns to direct the third film and its even better than the original. That is one of my many fantasies.
Blu-Ray Count: 447

Check out my For Trade/Sale:
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread....39#post8751639
Old 08-24-2013, 12:07 PM   #1316
Banned

Aug 2011

Weekend #2

10. Kick-Ass 2 (Universal) Week 2 [Runs 2,945] R
Friday $1.2M (-78%), Weekend $3.6M, Cume $21.8M

Flop-tastic!
Old 08-24-2013, 12:58 PM   #1317
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2008
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by remake View Post
Weekend #2

10. Kick-Ass 2 (Universal) Week 2 [Runs 2,945] R
Friday $1.2M (-78%), Weekend $3.6M, Cume $21.8M

Flop-tastic!
The films been out for two weeks.
"Film lovers are sick people." - François Truffaut
[FADE TO BLACK]
Old 08-24-2013, 01:52 PM   #1318
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2010
Burbank, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
The films been out for two weeks.
And it only has a budget of $28 million. It'll probably break even domestically. In the end it will be profitable. People love to brandy that word flop around way too much...
RIP Navster, My SF Giants Compadre. So long, and thanks for all the fish.

"Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood."
Walt Disney
Follow me:
Twitter: @pj_campbell/Instagram: pj_campbell/Podcast: Reel Film Chatter
Old 08-24-2013, 02:19 PM   #1319
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walts Ghost View Post
And it only has a budget of $28 million. It'll probably break even domestically. In the end it will be profitable. People love to brandy that word flop around way too much...
Yeah. Nowadays if a film doesn't gross a certain amount even if it breaks even by miles, people consider it a flop.
2018 films seen: Avengers: Infinity War, The Commuter, 12 Strong, The Cloverfield Paradox, Black Panther, Annihilation, Tomb Raider, A Quiet Place, Manhunt, Cargo, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Ocean's 8, Mission:Impossible: Fallout, Ant-Man and the Wasp.
Old 08-24-2013, 02:58 PM   #1320

Jun 2011
www.iamchinomarin.com

Unfortunately for me, I was extremely dissapointed with the sequel. I LOVED the first one. It was violent but with purpose. Every action scene moved the story forward. IMO i felt this movie wrote the action first and tried to fit the story in after...If It was me, I would have started the 2nd one with Motherfu**** already established with his group and focused on a more revenge driven story and the consequences of our actions. Rather then have almost all focus on "Mean Girls: Kick-Ass edition." Just my opinion though...
"You should never stop thinking about a life you've taken. That's the price you pay for taking it...."

Last edited by Deja 101; 08-24-2013 at 05:31 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies