Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Ash vs Evil Dead: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Ultimate Laika Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99
10 Cloverfield Lane (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Hunt (Blu-ray)
$14.99
High Noon (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Creed (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Fairy Tail: Part Twenty Two (Blu-ray)
$42.99
In the Heart of the Sea (Blu-ray)
$6.99
Count Dracula's Great Love (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Cat's Eye (Blu-ray)
$9.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 (Blu-ray)
$9.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Handhelds, Mobiles, Tablets, Apps etc

Old 03-26-2016, 11:32 AM   #4901
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008
KY

I got a question, 2 days ago I installed the new update for my IPhone and ever since I did, it doesn't show up whenever I get a new text message, before whenever I get a new text message, the message icon always had a number in it to show me that I have a new text. Do I need to go into settings to do something?
DC takes over CW this Fall
Old 04-09-2016, 10:26 PM   #4902
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008
KY

I got a question, for the last few days on the email icon on my IPhone 6 it's been saying that I have a new email, well when I click on it to read it, no new email are shown. How and what can I do to fix that? It doesn't do that on my IPad, just on my IPhone.
DC takes over CW this Fall
Old 04-09-2016, 10:39 PM   #4903
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007

Try removing and then re adding the account. There may have been an error while syncing
Old 09-07-2016, 08:55 PM   #4904
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2013
United States
Default iPhone Thread (7, 7 Plus)

Anybody excited about the newly-announced iPhone 7?

I got the iPhone 6s Plus last year, so I'm waiting for the 7s Plus, but it's time for my dad to get a new phone, and he loves taking photos. This looks like a solid one, with its water-resistance, dual camera (on the 7 Plus), increased storage, etc.

I always enjoy their presentations because they like to explain details that might not be easy to discuss in bullet points, like how they designed the new exterior.
Thanks given by:
odditie (09-07-2016)
Old 09-07-2016, 10:25 PM   #4905
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2007
San Antonio, TX

I had the iPhone 3G and 3GS, spent the next five years with Android after a nasty split from Apple. I mean I hated them. Got over it, got a 6 last year and much to my own dismay, have fallen back in love with the iPhone. So I'll be getting the matte black 7. I mean that thing is beautiful, I hate to say.

But what super sold me was the Nike+ Apple Watch. I have been waiting for something like that, to be able to run without my phone, for a while. And it looks slick. Love the Nike branding tbh.
Thanks given by:
master gandhi (09-08-2016)
Old 09-07-2016, 10:31 PM   #4906
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2013
Gotham City

I got my 6s thru their upgrade program so definitely picking up the 7
Thanks given by:
Old 09-07-2016, 10:35 PM   #4907
Power Member

May 2015

My current phone has many, many issues so I need to upgrade and decided on this one.
Thanks given by:
Old 09-07-2016, 10:38 PM   #4908
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009
-
-

Apple is really screwing a segment of their target market with the lack of 3.5 mm headphone jack, which frankly is absolutely stupid IMO.

The pricing is an even bigger joke. The 7 Plus at the biggest storage size runs for $1300 CAD.

Companies need to get real if they expect people to pay over a grand for a smartphone with planned obsolescence that'll be dead in the water within 2 years time.
Old 09-08-2016, 02:20 AM   #4909
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2013
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajmoyper View Post
I had the iPhone 3G and 3GS, spent the next five years with Android after a nasty split from Apple. I mean I hated them. Got over it, got a 6 last year and much to my own dismay, have fallen back in love with the iPhone. So I'll be getting the matte black 7. I mean that thing is beautiful, I hate to say.

But what super sold me was the Nike+ Apple Watch. I have been waiting for something like that, to be able to run without my phone, for a while. And it looks slick. Love the Nike branding tbh.
It's a great-looking phone, that's for sure. I look forward to getting next year's version (I'm not ready to get new phones every year, but I can understand why others do it).

That Nike+ Apple Watch looks sweet too. My wife and I both want one of them, even though she already has the Jawbone UP3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrestedDevelopment View Post
Apple is really screwing a segment of their target market with the lack of 3.5 mm headphone jack, which frankly is absolutely stupid IMO.

The pricing is an even bigger joke. The 7 Plus at the biggest storage size runs for $1300 CAD.

Companies need to get real if they expect people to pay over a grand for a smartphone with planned obsolescence that'll be dead in the water within 2 years time.
Apple isn't screwing people. They anticipated your argument, so they included an adapter for older headphones.

The prices for Apple are pretty consistent. The 7 Plus is only $20 USD more than the 6s Plus, and now there's more storage and a more advanced camera.

The phones aren't obsolete in 2 years. It's more like 4-5 years. Most people buy a new phone every 2-3 years, though. That's by choice, not because of planned obsolescence. The phones still typically work 2-3 years later, but better ones come out over the years. Technology improves quickly.
Thanks given by:
cajmoyper (09-10-2016)
Old 09-08-2016, 06:56 PM   #4910
Expert Member

Jun 2012

I have an old iPhone 4 in storage. I still turn it on from time to time to pull a photo off of it. That's a 6 year old phone. It still turns on and works, most phones don't break after 2 years. People get bored after two years.
Old 09-08-2016, 07:17 PM   #4911
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2010
Florida

Once I fix the cracked screen on my iPhone 6, I'm gonna trade it in at Best Buy for credit towards a new phone when my Sprint contract is up in about a month or so. Probably switching carriers too since Sprint is too expensive monthly. I might just still stick with the 6 model I've had these last 2 years, since I found nothing wrong with it, or perhaps upgrade to the 6 Plus.

Any recommendations? AT&T or Verizon worth it more? Also worth noting that my mom and I share the carrier account, so there will be two phones on the new account, and we hardly use significant data on our current plans. We're both trying to cut costs on month bills, so whatever tips anyone has is welcome.
Old 09-08-2016, 07:27 PM   #4912
Blu-ray Prince

Aug 2013
Boston,MA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTheMan View Post
Once I fix the cracked screen on my iPhone 6, I'm gonna trade it in at Best Buy for credit towards a new phone when my Sprint contract is up in about a month or so. Probably switching carriers too since Sprint is too expensive monthly. I might just still stick with the 6 model I've had these last 2 years, since I found nothing wrong with it, or perhaps upgrade to the 6 Plus.

Any recommendations? AT&T or Verizon worth it more? Also worth noting that my mom and I share the carrier account, so there will be two phones on the new account, and we hardly use significant data on our current plans. We're both trying to cut costs on month bills, so whatever tips anyone has is welcome.
I've had AT&T since they bought out Cingular back in 2008. I've never had a problem with them and they have excellent coverage in my area, and up and down the east coast. I'm very happy with them and unless something drastic happens, I'll probably stay with them for a long time.
Thanks given by:
DanTheMan (09-08-2016)
Old 09-08-2016, 08:54 PM   #4913
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009
-
-

Turns out the Airpods are going to retail for $219 CAD. Oh boy...
Old 09-08-2016, 10:20 PM   #4914
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2010
Florida

Quote:
Turns out the Airpods are going to retail for $219 CAD. Oh boy...
I was interested in those things....and then I saw the USD price.
Old 09-09-2016, 09:15 PM   #4915
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2010
Florida

I've been supporting Apple for years now, but this is pretty hilarious. WARNING: Some NSFW language.

Old 09-11-2016, 04:15 AM   #4916
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009
-
-

http://appleplugs.com/

Thanks given by:
cajmoyper (09-12-2016)
Old 09-11-2016, 08:56 AM   #4917
Special Member

Sep 2010
Alaska

I pre ordered the 7plus. I'm trading my 6 plus in to AT&T.
PSN= akraven

NBA-BULLS
NFL-CHIEFS
MLB-anyone who beats the yankees
Old 09-11-2016, 02:52 PM   #4918
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2013
United States

Quote:
http://appleplugs.com/

[Show spoiler]

Okay, that's funny. Heh
Old 09-11-2016, 03:13 PM   #4919
Blu-ray Prince

Aug 2013
Boston,MA.

I almost placed an order on Friday, but I figured I didn't really need to upgrade at this point. My iPhone 6 is still going strong, so there's no hurry to get the latest phone. I'll wait until next spring and order a new one. I'm happy for now.
Old 09-11-2016, 03:23 PM   #4920
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2013
Gotham City

I decided to give a Plus a try, so reserved the 7+. Of course the black that I wanted was unavailable almost instantly so I reserved the silver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTheMan View Post

I switched from Sprint to Verizon about a year ago. The Sprint speed wasn't as good in my area vs. Verizon's LTE. Cost wise they were about the same tho. I haven't had issues with Verizon and don't see myself going back to Sprint for the time being.

I was on the 6 GB plan and that was being shared between two lines. We were always getting close to 6GB so decided to move up to 12GB and it just so happened they were having a deal where if you went up to 12GB they doubled the GB for the same price, so now I have 24GB for the price of 12GB.

Last edited by Joeker; 09-11-2016 at 03:27 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Handhelds, Mobiles, Tablets, Apps etc