Best Anime Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Cowboy Bebop: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$64.49
To Love-Ru: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$33.99
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Angel Beats!: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$26.99
K-ON!: Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Brynhildr in the Darkness: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Jormungand / Jormungand Perfect Order: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$45.49
To Love Ru Darkness: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Children Who Chase Lost Voices (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Spirited Away (Blu-ray)
$20.00
Nakaimo My Little Sister Is Among Them!: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Porco Rosso (Blu-ray)
$20.00
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Old 07-01-2016, 06:24 AM   #4021
Contributor

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Universal Studios Japan is debuting its Dragonball Z The Real 4-D attraction, a full-CG short featuring a battle between Super Saiyan Goku and Frieza, on Friday.

Goku and Frieza may have battled in the manga and anime, but this short tells an original story where Frieza is revived by the Dragon Balls. Vegeta and other characters will appear on Goku's side. The show will be in 4D, so guests will be able to feel shocks and splashes that correspond with the 360-degree 3D CG animation.

To promote the attraction, Frieza starred in a news video, where he points out that his power level of 5.3 billion is far more impressive than Universal Studios Japan's 15th anniversary or the Dragonball series' 30th anniversary.

The attraction will offer exclusive goods—such as a drink bottle shaped like Frieza's first form, dragon radar watch, charm set, and towel—as well as exclusive food—such as kuzumochi that looks like Dragonballs, kakuni manju with Goku's symbol, and chocolate senzu beans.

The Dragonball Z attraction is one of three in Universal Studio Japan's "Universal Jump Summer." The others include a One Piece live stage show and a Death Note real escape game.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...-japan/.103827
America "Was" Great
Thanks given by:
mikezilla2 (10-09-2016)
Old 10-07-2016, 12:40 PM   #4022
Expert Member

Dec 2013
Netherlands

Spain is getting a Blu-ray set containing Battle of Gods/Resurrection of F in a Vinyl/LD sized sleeve.

Dragon Ball Z - La Batalla De Los Dioses La Resurrección Colección Vintage (Funda Vinilo) Blu-Ray [Blu-ray] : €16.09 @ Amazon.es - Release date 9 November

Seems like Vinyl/LD sized sleeves are the new thing now. Amazon.es is offering them for Warner Bros/Fox/eOne titles, and Zavvi is stepping into that game with their Disney Big Sleeves.

On another note, Kaze France will release the extended cut of RoF in a Blu-ray steelbook in January, which will also contain BoG, Episode of Bardock and Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans.
Old 10-07-2016, 06:22 PM   #4023
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2012
New York

When is the Buu arc of Kai coming to North America? I'm growing tired of waiting.
The best number is 73. Why? 73 is the 21st prime number. Its mirror, 37, is the 12th and its mirror, 21, is the product of multiplying 7 and 3... and in binary 73 is a palindrome, 1001001, which backwards is 1001001.
Films I'd like to see on Blu-Ray Disc:
Un Chien Andalou (1929)
Scarface (1932)
ABC Weekend Specials (1977–1995) [TV Movies]
Old 10-11-2016, 05:46 AM   #4024
Contributor

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Toei Animation Europe announced on Monday that the Dragonball Super anime begins airing in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa between fall and winter. The show already launched in Israel through Nickelodeon, and in Portugal through SIC. The show will then air on Toonami in France, on Italia 1 and Italia 2 in Italy, on Boing in Spain, and on Cartoon Network in English-speaking Africa.

Dragonball Super premiered in Japan in July 2015 on Fuji TV and other channels. Toonami Asia had announced last November that it would show the "English-language world premiere" of Dragonball Super in Southeast Asia and India in mid-2016, but Toonami Asia's official Twitter account reported that it has no new information as of August.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...africa/.107481
America "Was" Great
Old 10-12-2016, 05:48 AM   #4025
Contributor

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface32 View Post
When is the Buu arc of Kai coming to North America? I'm growing tired of waiting.
Cell Games saga has just a couple more months to finish it. So the U.S. Toonami is going to have to announce something soon on rather if the Buu arc will take over or Super. Though it would make more sense to do the Buu saga.

While that's not for a Blu-ray release, but just saying something is likely going to happen soon no matter if it's the Kai Buu version, Super or just replacing DBZ from Toonami for another show since I doubt they will show it all over again from the beginning.
America "Was" Great
Thanks given by:
mikezilla2 (10-12-2016)
Old 10-13-2016, 11:31 AM   #4026
Contributor

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Japanese publisher Shueisha announced during a "new publications project presentation" in Tokyo on Wednesday that it had created a new department called the "Dragonball Room" in June that focuses specifically on Akira Toriyama's Dragonball property. Akio Iyoku, the editor-in-chief of Shueisha's V Jump magazine (where Toriyama and Toyotarō's Dragonball Super manga is currently serialized), is heading the new department.

The department is working to provide new ideas for content for Dragonball, and to optimize and expand the brand. Iyoku commented that the department is "only thinking about Dragonball."

Dragonball creator Toriyama commented on the new department, saying that the team was one he could put his trust in. He joked, "It's really great that I don't have to do anything now."

Toriyama's Dragonball manga ran in Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine from 1984 to 1995. The manga has sold over 240 million copies. The manga has inspired an entire media franchise that consists of a long-running television anime adaptation, multiple anime films, video games, and more. A new television anime titled Dragonball Super premiered in Japan in July 2015. The anime is the first new television anime in the franchise in 18 years.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...n-ball/.107591
America "Was" Great
Old 10-19-2016, 08:25 PM   #4027
Expert Member

Dec 2013
Netherlands

Dragon Ball Super to Simulcast on Crunchyroll, Daisuki, AnimeLab

Quote:
Toei Animation announced on Wednesday that it will begin an English-subtitled simulcast for Dragon Ball Super on Crunchyroll, Daisuki, and AnimeLab. The simulcast will begin with episode 63 on October 22 at 9:00 p.m. EDT. The streaming platforms will also offer the full Future Trunks arc (beginning with episode 47). Starting on October 30, the platforms will offer 10 of the earlier episodes per week.

The stream will be available on Crunchyroll in the United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand for both free users and subscription members. Crunchyroll subscription members in Latin America and South Africa will also be able to watch the stream.

Daisuki will stream the series in the United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand for free users and members.

AnimeLab will stream the series in Australia and New Zealand for free users and members.
Thanks given by:
KillaCam (10-19-2016)
Old 10-20-2016, 09:42 AM   #4028

Mar 2015

Hey Funi, can we have an unmolested version on BD yet?
I'm willing to pay extra. Those level sets were perfect, but horribly timed in a period filled with over saturation of DBZ stuff and releases.

DB and GT on BD or finishing Kai wouldn't be so bad either...(Even with Kai's mixed up music fiasco)
Old 10-20-2016, 05:04 PM   #4029
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BONKERS View Post
Hey Funi, can we have an unmolested version on BD yet?
I'm willing to pay extra. Those level sets were perfect, but horribly timed in a period filled with over saturation of DBZ stuff and releases.

DB and GT on BD or finishing Kai wouldn't be so bad either...(Even with Kai's mixed up music fiasco)
Level sets were not perfect. They were poorly compressed and lacked the original OPs/EPs/NEPs/Title Cards as seen on the Dragon Box. Better than the Season sets of course, but they were not perfect.
Old 11-29-2016, 01:43 PM   #4030
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2013

finally snagged my grail of animes.yes i know not blu ray.but we all knownthe dragon boxes are the superior sets to own

LOOKING FOR BACK TO THE FUTURE ORIGINAL RELEASE SLIPBOX (UK)
Thanks given by:
Bobo1313 (11-29-2016), bubba111 (11-29-2016), GenPion (11-29-2016), ghornett (11-29-2016), LordCrumb (11-30-2016), MattQuack (11-29-2016)
Old 11-29-2016, 02:58 PM   #4031

Jul 2015
Minneapolis

Grats on the dragonball Z dragon boxes. I'm sure those are very important to you, considering their value. How much did you have to pay for the set?
Old 11-29-2016, 04:17 PM   #4032
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing371 View Post
Grats on the dragonball Z dragon boxes. I'm sure those are very important to you, considering their value. How much did you have to pay for the set?
man i bought set 1 back when it was up for preorder.then had a kid so had no spare income to collect the rest so eventually sold it.and since about october i had i had an itch to get the full set.im making good money now so i was like what the heck lets do it,watched an auction last week for 3 days at $650 and i was the only bidder.pretty happy since all 7 sets are sealed
Old 11-29-2016, 08:24 PM   #4033

Aug 2014
Orlando

That's pretty awesome. Will you keep them on ice or watch them?
Old 11-29-2016, 09:18 PM   #4034
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghornett View Post
That's pretty awesome. Will you keep them on ice or watch them?
im in no rush to watch them now.i have a 1 yr old son who eventually i want him to watch.so for now sealed
Thanks given by:
ghornett (11-29-2016)
Old 11-30-2016, 05:47 AM   #4035

Feb 2009
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hek_qwerr View Post
man i bought set 1 back when it was up for preorder.then had a kid so had no spare income to collect the rest so eventually sold it.and since about october i had i had an itch to get the full set.im making good money now so i was like what the heck lets do it,watched an auction last week for 3 days at $650 and i was the only bidder.pretty happy since all 7 sets are sealed
$650 is a crazy low price to get them still sealed. I still plan on getting these... it's the only way (currently the best way) to watch Z.
Old 11-30-2016, 05:50 AM   #4036

May 2009
New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hek_qwerr View Post
finally snagged my grail of animes.yes i know not blu ray.but we all knownthe dragon boxes are the superior sets to own

[Show spoiler]

Congrats on completing the set! It's certainly one of the big collector items for Dragon Ball fans. It's unfortunate that it was a limited quantity release, after a few years I expected Funimation to put them out in 'standard' edition but they never did as their licence was so restrictive.

I was over the moon when I finally got hold of the lot too, was great to get DBZ in 4:3 again.
4K UHD Wishlist: Bridge on the River Kwai, The Great Escape, The Good the Bad and The Ugly, Planet of the Apes, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Near Dark, Terminator 2: Judgement Day, Transformers, Zombie.

Wants: Dragon Ball Z: Series 3, Collection 2 + Series 5, Collection 1 & 2 (DVD).
Old 12-01-2016, 12:25 AM   #4037
Contributor

Jun 2007
California

Doc Morgan Is The Narrator Again? No Laura Bailey For Kid Trunks, But Everyone Else is About The Usual

Quote:
Toei Animation and FUNimation Entertainment announced the cast for its English dub of Dragonball Super on Wednesday. The cast includes:

Sean Schemmel as Goku
Christopher R. Sabat as Vegeta
Jason Douglas as Beerus
Ian Sinclair as Whis
Sonny Strait as Krillin
Kyle Hebert as Gohan
Monica Rial as Bulma
Christopher R. Sabat as Piccolo
Alexis Tipton as Trunks
Doc Morgan as Narrator
Kara Edwards as Goten
Cynthia Cranz as Chi-Chi
Meredith McCoy as Android 18
Chris Rager as Mr. Satan
Josh Martin as Buu
Sean Schemmel as King Kai
Christopher R. Sabat as Shenron
Kara Edwards as Videl
Christopher R. Sabat as Yamcha
John Burgmeier as Tien
Chris Cason as Shou
Mike McFarland as Roshi
Brina Palencia as Puar
Chuck Huber as Pilaf
Kyle Hebert as Ox-King
Brad Jackson as Oolong
Tia Ballard as Marron
Kent Williams as Kibito Kai
Kent Williams as Elder Kai
Justin Cook as Dende
Brina Palencia as Chiaotzu
Colleen Clinkenbeard as Mai

The FunimationNow, Crunchyroll, Daisuki, and AnimeLab streaming are all simulcasting the series with English subtitles.

Dragon Ball Super premiered in Japan in July 2015 on Fuji TV and other channels. Toonami Asia will air the "English-language world premiere" in Southeast Asia and India on January 21 with a different English dub produced by Bang Zoom! Entertainment. Toei Animation announced last month that the anime will begin airing in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa between fall and winter.

Update: Funimation began streaming clips from the English dub. [Via Christopher Sabat]
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...b-cast/.109341
America "Was" Great
Old 12-01-2016, 12:43 AM   #4038

May 2009
New Zealand

For those outside the US;

4K UHD Wishlist: Bridge on the River Kwai, The Great Escape, The Good the Bad and The Ugly, Planet of the Apes, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Near Dark, Terminator 2: Judgement Day, Transformers, Zombie.

Wants: Dragon Ball Z: Series 3, Collection 2 + Series 5, Collection 1 & 2 (DVD).

Last edited by LordCrumb; 12-01-2016 at 02:30 AM. Reason: Added Upload
Old 12-01-2016, 07:51 AM   #4039

Dec 2010
Philippines

will dragon ball super be released in us version?
Old 12-01-2016, 09:12 AM   #4040
Contributor

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin3teri View Post
will dragon ball super be released in us version?
Well they're just starting to work on the English dub, but it is the 1st step towards seeing a Blu-ray release. Can watch it subtitled now on streaming sites. But it will still take some time. Better than Kai Buu Saga.
America "Was" Great
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime