Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Flash, Season 3 (iTunes)$24.99 Arrow, Season 5 (iTunes)$24.99
Arrow, Season 4 (iTunes)$19.99
The Flash, Season 2 (iTunes)$19.99
Star Trek Beyond (iTunes)$9.99
Arrow, Season 2 (iTunes)$19.99
Arrow, Season 1 (iTunes)$19.99
The Flash, Season 1 (iTunes)$19.99
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (iTunes)$12.99 Supergirl, Season 2 (iTunes)$24.99 Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (iTunes)$9.99 Hacksaw Ridge (iTunes)$9.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies

Old Yesterday, 07:58 PM   #4361
Expert Member

Dec 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMLVC View Post
The formats themselves may remain but with studios completely ditching physical discs for anything but new releases really sucks. I'd love to replace my collection of DVD's with official HD releases. I have my money for studios but they don't release.
I do wonder how they are going to sell movies in a digital format that are not new and in the limelight. With physical you can put a new remaster on a disc and get it on the shelf of a store for people to walk by. with digital it wont be nearly as easy to get people to randomly buy decade old films. I mean I dont buy things from itunes or vudu so idk but do people browse digital the same way they browse physical (I know people code deal hunt but I mean digital store front browsing and buying).

If I saw half of something on cable I might buy the film to see it without commercials or to catch the rest of the film but with Netflix I literally look at some stuff and go should I buy it well I would but I can watch it anytime on Netflix anyway so no thanks. It just seems like the further we move towards digital the further at least I move from impulse buying.
Thanks given by:
bubba111 (Today), whipnet (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 08:08 PM   #4362

Aug 2016

Tangible items will always be with us and may even make a comeback. There's something about touching an item you've paid for and/or collect. To me at least.

Old Yesterday, 10:04 PM   #4363

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritas View Post
I do wonder how they are going to sell movies in a digital format that are not new and in the limelight. With physical you can put a new remaster on a disc and get it on the shelf of a store for people to walk by. with digital it wont be nearly as easy to get people to randomly buy decade old films. I mean I dont buy things from itunes or vudu so idk but do people browse digital the same way they browse physical (I know people code deal hunt but I mean digital store front browsing and buying).
VUDU has a lot of weekly and monthly sales that highlight old catalog titles. I always buy up a lot of catalog titles this way. Especially in October, when they have horror movie sales.
Old Yesterday, 10:06 PM   #4364
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipnet View Post
Tangible items will always be with us and may even make a comeback. There's something about touching an item you've paid for and/or collect. To me at least.

Again, for NEW movies, possibly. But formats in the past had catalog titles to supplement. Some could look at the lack of catalog releases to also lead to a lower yearly average for physical media. I know it doesn't account for a majority of $$ spent but it always helps. They're hurting themselves.
Old Yesterday, 11:28 PM   #4365
Special Member

Apr 2009
ST George, Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritas View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan26 View Post
VUDU has a lot of weekly and monthly sales that highlight old catalog titles. I always buy up a lot of catalog titles this way. Especially in October, when they have horror movie sales.
It's all Digital, and Amazon, Vudu, Netflix, or any other Provider has Movies, TV Shows, Video that you can Browse, Rent, or Sales. Then if you like something, you look for the best price. My Collection is around 500 of my favorite Movies or TV Shows, so I am caught up. I still have some old DVD's that haven't gone Digital yet. Then now with the new 4K Format they are going back to some older Movies. So it just never ends, but Digital HD will be the same as Disc. You look, Price, and Buy!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies