Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
$11.81
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Hunt (Blu-ray)
$11.49
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Chuck: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$66.91
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Willow (Blu-ray)
$10.01
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Lifeforce (Blu-ray)
$14.59
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Ghost in the Shell (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Warrior (Blu-ray)
$5.00
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 10-29-2012, 09:50 PM   #1

Jul 2010
Default The Amazing Spider-Man Review

The Amazing Spider-Man begins when Peter Parker is only a child. His parents have to go away and they leave him with his aunt and uncle, May and Ben. Peter's parents die under suspicious circumstances and the mystery of their death is one of the driving forces of the story. The story picks up when Peter is in high school. He gets picked on and beat up often by a bully named Flash. The pursuit of knowing more about what happens to his parents leads him to Dr. Curt Connors who works at Oscorp. While there, Peter gets bitten by a spider who gives him the powers to stick to walls, spider-sense and increased strength. Blah Blah Blah....

The death of his uncle leads him to create a costume and become the superhero vigilante known as Spider-Man. In the meantime, Dr. Connors is looking to cure the human world of all weaknesses, especially his own because he is missing his right arm. Using the DNA of a lizard, in hopes of re-growing his arm leads to a terrible side effect by turning him into a human lizard. Now a villain, The Lizard devises a diabolical plot against New York City unless Spider-Man can stop him.

So we all should know if you watched previous Spider-Man movies the basic plot of how he becomes Spider-Man. In a way, I wish they left all that out of this new movie. To be honest for me the beginning was boring and predictable because I have seen it all before on the other Spider-Man! I understand they had a new actor, but they could have continued where the other movie left off instead of retelling it all again.

Other then the beginning I actually enjoyed the rest of the movie. I saw it in the IMAX when it first came out and was blown away by the 3D towards the middle and end of the movie. And the Blu-Ray 3D transfer is just as good I am happy to report!

The 3D is subtle at the begining with a few good depth shots of New York at times but once Peter turns into Spider-Man it really kicks in. Depth in this movie is amazing! When the camera looks up at a tall building it feels the same as if you were standing in New York City looking up at that building yourself. Often times when Spidy shoots his web they appear to come right outa the screen at you, and a few times while he swings his feet come out into your face

The bluray also has some cool extras such as director commentary telling you all about the film, the camera man talks about how to shoot 3D and how they got such good depth with the camera and they added some of the best clips you can play around with using your remote to control the convergence making it have more depth or popout.

This is a must buy 3D movie of course and something you will enjoy if you love Spidy and 3D.

3D quality - 9 outa 10
Sony Bravia LX-900 3D 46" active 3D & LG 55 LW6500 passive 3D set
Sony HMZ-T3 with Comfort 3 Cushion Pads
Sony BDP-S570 3DBD player
Bose Surround System
PS3
Fujifilm Finepix W3
Sony Alpha 55
JVC GS-TD1
Old 10-29-2012, 10:34 PM   #2

Aug 2012
In the woods!
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravia3D View Post
The Amazing Spider-Man Trailer in 3d - YouTube

The Amazing Spider-Man begins when Peter Parker is only a child. His parents have to go away and they leave him with his aunt and uncle, May and Ben. Peter's parents die under suspicious circumstances and the mystery of their death is one of the driving forces of the story. The story picks up when Peter is in high school. He gets picked on and beat up often by a bully named Flash. The pursuit of knowing more about what happens to his parents leads him to Dr. Curt Connors who works at Oscorp. While there, Peter gets bitten by a spider who gives him the powers to stick to walls, spider-sense and increased strength. Blah Blah Blah....

The death of his uncle leads him to create a costume and become the superhero vigilante known as Spider-Man. In the meantime, Dr. Connors is looking to cure the human world of all weaknesses, especially his own because he is missing his right arm. Using the DNA of a lizard, in hopes of re-growing his arm leads to a terrible side effect by turning him into a human lizard. Now a villain, The Lizard devises a diabolical plot against New York City unless Spider-Man can stop him.

So we all should know if you watched previous Spider-Man movies the basic plot of how he becomes Spider-Man. In a way, I wish they left all that out of this new movie. To be honest for me the beginning was boring and predictable because I have seen it all before on the other Spider-Man! I understand they had a new actor, but they could have continued where the other movie left off instead of retelling it all again.

Other then the beginning I actually enjoyed the rest of the movie. I saw it in the IMAX when it first came out and was blown away by the 3D towards the middle and end of the movie. And the Blu-Ray 3D transfer is just as good I am happy to report!

The 3D is subtle at the begining with a few good depth shots of New York at times but once Peter turns into Spider-Man it really kicks in. Depth in this movie is amazing! When the camera looks up at a tall building it feels the same as if you were standing in New York City looking up at that building yourself. Often times when Spidy shoots his web they appear to come right outa the screen at you, and a few times while he swings his feet come out into your face

The bluray also has some cool extras such as director commentary telling you all about the film, the camera man talks about how to shoot 3D and how they got such good depth with the camera and they added some of the best clips you can play around with using your remote to control the convergence making it have more depth or popout.

This is a must buy 3D movie of course and something you will enjoy if you love Spidy and 3D.

3D quality - 9 outa 10
Didnt think this was on Blu yet?
Old 10-29-2012, 10:57 PM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2010
Camp Crystal Lake
Send a message via Skype™ to MovieFanatic2010

Why would you start a thread about a review that you did ? ...... Very strange
BASEMENT HOME THEATER - EPSON 5030UB 2D/3D PROJECTOR W/ 100" ELITE SCREEN - RECEIVER - HARMON KARDON 1710 7.2
FRONT SPEAKERS - INFINITY PRIMUS P363 CENTER SPEAKER INFINITY PRIMUS PC351 - SIDES AND REARS POLK AUDIO 30'S + 40'S
SUBWOOFERS PREMIER ACOUSTIC PA-120 650 WATT TITANIUM + POLK AUDIO PSW110
BASS SHAKERS BASH 500 WATT AMP + 2 CLARK TRANSDUCERS
BEDROOM DISPLAY - PANASONIC VIERA TC-P60UT50 60 -INCH 3D PLASMA

Last edited by MovieFanatic2010; 10-29-2012 at 10:59 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:06 PM   #4

Jul 2010

"Why would you start a thread about a review that you did ? ...... Very strange"

Erm, probably because this is the 3D Blu-Ray Movie section where users talk of 3D blu-ray movies, give their opinions, post new movies and reviews of them and talk of the 3D quality and experience

It isn't out in the US yet that I know of but is in a few countries. I am in Japan and got an advance copy.
Sony Bravia LX-900 3D 46" active 3D & LG 55 LW6500 passive 3D set
Sony HMZ-T3 with Comfort 3 Cushion Pads
Sony BDP-S570 3DBD player
Bose Surround System
PS3
Fujifilm Finepix W3
Sony Alpha 55
JVC GS-TD1
Old 10-29-2012, 11:17 PM   #5
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2010
Camp Crystal Lake
Send a message via Skype™ to MovieFanatic2010

There is already a Spiderman 3D Thread.......There are way to multiple threads as it is.....

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=198766
BASEMENT HOME THEATER - EPSON 5030UB 2D/3D PROJECTOR W/ 100" ELITE SCREEN - RECEIVER - HARMON KARDON 1710 7.2
FRONT SPEAKERS - INFINITY PRIMUS P363 CENTER SPEAKER INFINITY PRIMUS PC351 - SIDES AND REARS POLK AUDIO 30'S + 40'S
SUBWOOFERS PREMIER ACOUSTIC PA-120 650 WATT TITANIUM + POLK AUDIO PSW110
BASS SHAKERS BASH 500 WATT AMP + 2 CLARK TRANSDUCERS
BEDROOM DISPLAY - PANASONIC VIERA TC-P60UT50 60 -INCH 3D PLASMA
Old 11-06-2012, 04:06 AM   #6
Special Member

May 2010

Thanks Bravia. I appreciate hearing your take on it, and I enjoy reading your reviews. Just a few more days to go.

True, it could have been posted in the other thread. But oh well, he he.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:06 AM   #7
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2012

I appreciate your take on this flick as well Bravia. Thanks.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies