Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.94
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.98
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$10.39
Game of Thrones - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.99
The Simpsons: The Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.96
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Oblivion (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Tim Burton Collection (Blu-ray)
$26.49
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$94.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 6 (Blu-ray)
$17.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 02-11-2013, 08:41 PM   #301
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawningblue View Post
Yeah I don't get people saying Dark Knight Rises, Skyfall, Avengers, ect were the worst movies they have seen all year. I get everyone has opinions but if those are the worst you must not have seen too many films. I think some people just like to pick popular films and say they are the worst to be different or something. I don't get it.
Well, yeah. Do you make a habit of going to see movies you expect will be terrible? I don't. So the pool of movies I have to work with is mostly movies most people thought were good.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:50 PM   #302
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2009
Florida Steelbooks:>>>>>> 34 Digibooks: >>>>>> 6

To me Promethues was a great film... i think alot of people expectations are a bit to high and all they assume is perfection and there is no such thing as a perfect film. This is just my opinion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd. View Post
Keeping in mind that I haven't seen it yet, was it really that bad?
( The Last Samurai ) There is life in every breath... That is, Bushido
Old 02-11-2013, 09:06 PM   #303
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2011
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walts Ghost View Post
I liked 'John Carter' way more than 'The Dark Knight Rises'...
I agree Walt. And from what you've said in general, John Carter seems like it would be right up your alley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainofj72 View Post
My 10 worst of 2012:

9. The Grey
8. The Cabin in the Woods
6. Snow White and the Huntsman
5. Killing Them Softly
3. Cloud Atlas
2. Cosmopolis
1. Les Miserables

Dishonorable Mentions: The Raid, Killer Joe Prometheus, Skyfall
Lol I love all the ones I put in bold. I like all the other ones I didn't erase. Glad to hear someone else didn't like Chronicle though!
I'm the one you should be listening to! Do you think dropping an anchor in the middle of a storm makes any sense whatsoever? -Charles McCullough

I just clicked Show Post so I could see what Troll-istc, inane thing you had to say. You're on my female cleansing product list. -Spottedfeather

A good article: http://old.bfi.org.uk/sightandsound/feature/102
Old 02-11-2013, 09:24 PM   #304
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
Orange County, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Holly View Post
I agree Walt. And from what you've said in general, John Carter seems like it would be right up your alley.
It really is. There's something about pulpy adventure films that I just can't seem to get enough of. Add on a pretty great score, a solid cast, and honestly, the whole film was just fun from beginning to end for me. I have no problem declaring my love for it.
"Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood."
Walt Disney

Follow me:
Twitter: @pj_campbell/Instagram: pj_campbell/Podcast: Reel Film Chatter
Old 02-11-2013, 09:28 PM   #305

Aug 2011
PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rz_Samurai View Post
To me Promethues was a great film... i think alot of people expectations are a bit to high and all they assume is perfection and there is no such thing as a perfect film. This is just my opinion...
Yeah I agree with this. I saw it in theaters and a few times on blu, and I like it more each time.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:30 PM   #306
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Montreal
Send a message via Yahoo to P@t_Mtl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walts Ghost View Post
It really is. There's something about pulpy adventure films that I just can't seem to get enough of. Add on a pretty great score, a solid cast, and honestly, the whole film was just fun from beginning to end for me. I have no problem declaring my love for it.
Count me in the group that really enjoyed John Carter. Very sad that it did so poorly in box office which kill's any chance of another movie

I can't really say if I saw the worst possible movie of 2012 since I really did not come close of seeing enough of them but of those I did watch I would say the one that I dislike the most would be Wrath Of The Titans. It's my own fault, I really did not like the first one (remake) and I should have just skip this sequel but it was on the movie channel so I decided to have a look anyway.
---------------------------------------------------
My avatar will Wait Until Dark for a Roman Holiday since this world as War & Peace
and it would be fun to actually have Breakfast At Tiffany's with My Fair Lady

Last edited by P@t_Mtl; 02-11-2013 at 09:32 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:31 PM   #307
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2010
Rockford, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rz_Samurai View Post
My expectations were extremely low, and it barely met them. A fairly mediocre film.
Same with John Carter.
The Official Movie Money/Movie Cash/Free Ticket Thread - first post always updated with all current promotions!

Don't use your UV/digital copy codes? Send them my way! I'll give them a good home!
:)
Old 02-12-2013, 01:04 AM   #308
Special Member

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petra_Kalbrain View Post
So, why bother posting any films titles at all in this thread? If you do, you care what others think since you want them to read it. That means that you either want to be considered cool by speaking out against the majorities and minorities... or you are judging others for liking films that you think are terrible. It's as simple as that. And that's why threads like this are counterintuitive to the growth and healthy sustainability of a community designed to celebrate entertainment.
Nope, you've got me all wrong. I really DON'T care what others think about my taste in movies because it's simply that...my taste. And I didn't pick this "fight". I was simply stating my opinion (the point of this whole thread) when my opinion was wholeheartedly trashed with:

Who cares what you like? I don't.

Also anyone who likes to brag about being a proponent of indie films reeks of pretentious douchery.

I don't believe I was "bragging" about anything. I also don't like being called a "pretentious douchebag" because I stated my opinion. And yes, I sank to his level...for THAT I apologize to anyone who may have been offended (except mlittle3)

And my original comment that he had so much of an issue with was simply stating my opinion of the movie. I guess in his world, no one is allowed to disagree with the Great and Powerful Oz.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies