Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.94
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.98
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$10.39
Game of Thrones - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.99
The Simpsons: The Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.96
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$94.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Oblivion (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Tim Burton Collection (Blu-ray)
$26.49
Dragon Ball Z: Season 6 (Blu-ray)
$17.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks

Old 04-22-2013, 12:47 PM   #81
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2010
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoreLore View Post
I am not judging you on your purchases or anything but I am being honest when I say that I am confused about your "supporting" a new company comment. I'm assuming most people bought the Jack Reacher steelbook because they read "limited run". The picture of the steelbook before it was released didn't do it justice and now it's considered a good purchase. So if this company obtained 500 and sold them all for 28 then it's safe to assume they will do it again and again and people will keep paying 28, especially those who can't let anything 'rare' pass them by. Was it really a one off? Just imagine a small uk based company obtaining small quantities of steelbooks with English writing on the J-card and you can see why people will shell out big money for them, even though the Jack Reacher steelbook is the same one being sold in France and Spain for example. Again, it's your money and you don't need to justify your purchases, just wondering if you agree that they will keep charging high amounts.
Spanish one is 21 euros on pre-order - even with delivery its going to be less than 28 I think? And the only difference is a j-card which most people dont care about (mine go in a shoebox in case I ever sell the steels which isnt likely).

I wouldnt be surprised if the Spanish one got cheaper too.
Leo needs new shoes...
Old 04-22-2013, 12:52 PM   #82

Sep 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDiGriz View Post
Spanish one is 21 euros on pre-order - even with delivery its going to be less than 28 I think?
25 delivered via their slowest method, 33 delivered via the other method. It isn't a huge difference. There's also a risk of it coming from Spain but that's up to whoever is purchasing whether it's worth the risk.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:36 PM   #83
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2010
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootball View Post
25 delivered via their slowest method, 33 delivered via the other method. It isn't a huge difference. There's also a risk of it coming from Spain but that's up to whoever is purchasing whether it's worth the risk.
I found them fast enough in the past. I might wait for it to drop a bit - if it doesnt so be it!
Leo needs new shoes...
Old 04-22-2013, 02:28 PM   #84
Expert Member

Apr 2008

Play.com didn't ship to USA, now we have Zavvi and I am buying and enjoying.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #85
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013
Philadelphia suburbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by pab1219 View Post
Same here. If you don't like it then just buy the ones you really desire...although I do understand this is hard for completionists.
Panasonic TC-P50G25 THX - Onkyo TX-NR1008 THX - Seiki SR212S region B - 120G PS3 slim - XBone - PS4 - eD[c]12 LCR - Rythmik FV15HP

My FS/trade thread
Old 04-22-2013, 03:13 PM   #86

Mar 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by pab1219 View Post
Agreed they have made it easy for us North Americans...
Old 04-22-2013, 03:18 PM   #87
Expert Member

Sep 2012
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petra_Kalbrain View Post
Back on topic...

For me, it's not a matter of "thinking Zavvi is releasing too many steelbooks of previously released steelbook titles." For me, it's a matter of "Zavvi isn't doing ANYTHING to create new artwork for the titles that they are re-releasing." It's quite depressing actually to see all of these great titles not being offered with variations on the artwork.
are you talking about steelbook re-releases or just films that are already released?

Zavvi exclusives feature alot of alternative art.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:19 PM   #88
Banned

Jul 2012
Everywhere Yet Nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyspoons Revenge View Post
I also find it strange why someone would say they are supporting a company. They don't owe you anything. You shouldn't be spending extra money to fund a companies growth.

If anything they should be charging lower in order to gain a fanbase. Sure it will cut their profits but they will gain support in the process. They are making way over the odds with each steelbook. They cost of the steelbook to them is more than likely less than 10 each. Their profit on each steelbook is higher than places like Amazon would sell the steelbook for in total. If its true and they bought 500 copies then thats a 5k investment with a 9k profit. Thats a ridiculous markup.

If they charged 18 for the steelbook then the profits would still be reasonable.

Their reputation is now damaged as a bunch of rip off merchants and they have prob lost out more in the long run.

You come off as nothing more then a rancorous troll and how you haven't been banned or suspended yet is beyond me, Your postings and threads reek of pathetic Self-righteousness.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:21 PM   #89

Mar 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyspoons Revenge View Post
If anything they should be charging lower in order to gain a fanbase. Sure it will cut their profits but they will gain support in the process. They are making way over the odds with each steelbook. They cost of the steelbook to them is more than likely less than 10 each. Their profit on each steelbook is higher than places like Amazon would sell the steelbook for in total. If its true and they bought 500 copies then thats a 5k investment with a 9k profit. Thats a ridiculous markup.
Dude, I can't get a letter mailed from another country for under a buck. They are delivering steelbooks to North America for 99 cents...

...get a grip.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:57 PM   #90

Nov 2011
UK

I like the fact older titles are getting releases in steelbooks, sometimes films you wouldnt expect to get a steelbook release, its not all about the latest blockbusters being released...its great that there is now something for everyone.

I think one issue I would take up with zavvi is their timing, its one thing to release a 'classic' that we may already have but wouldnt mind double dipping on, but its another thing releasing a steelbook only a short time after a film has had a regular release (argo for example, Im sure quite a few folks didnt want to fork out for an expensive import steel, so bought the amaray, and now see a UK steelbook announced, that must be annoying...even more so if you did fork out for that expensive import...and the Indiana Jones steels would all be preordered by me if I hadnt recently bought the very nice complete adventures box set, I like Indy but not enough to spend another 60+ on the films so soon.)

So would I like to see more new films from zavvi and less catalogue stuff? yes and no really, it all depends on the titles, Im happy to see films I like get steelbook releases regardless of how old the films are.
"I am very concerned about our national heritage, and I am very concerned that the films that I watched when I was young and the films that I watched throughout my life are preserved, so that my children can see them." ― George Lucas 1988
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks