Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.94
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.98
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$10.39
Game of Thrones - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.99
The Simpsons: The Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.96
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$94.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Oblivion (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Tim Burton Collection (Blu-ray)
$26.49
Dragon Ball Z: Season 6 (Blu-ray)
$17.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 01-27-2013, 07:42 PM   #241

Sep 2012

Well that majorly sucks I guess I'll pick this up so I can get a new unrated dvd as my original copy is on it's last legs. But I may just get the dvd re release as I don't want to pay $17 for it if it doesn't have the unrated cut on blu-ray. I guess we'll have to wait til 2018 (30th anniversary) or for a new die hard movie for the unrated cut to finally be on blu-ray
My Reaction to every true story movie from now on:
"I'll assume it ends with Dwayne Johnson grilling the finger prints off severed hands."
-The Cinema Snob (April 30, 2013)
Old 01-27-2013, 07:45 PM   #242
Special Member

Feb 2008
France

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcy30 View Post
Because they have never produced the unrated version in HD.
Then I wonder what is this?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/li...ed/id279609666

The movie is available in unrated form in 1080p HD.
Widescreen is better.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:09 PM   #243
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDvision View Post
Then I wonder what is this?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/li...ed/id279609666

The movie is available in unrated form in 1080p HD.
We've already been through this.
An OT release of the Star Wars Trilogy is the "gay marriage" of home video: the dark side keeps fighting against it, saying that only a small amount of people really want it. However, in no way will it affect their love and enjoyment of their current "situation."
And the good side realizes that it will make millions of people happy and society will only benefit from it.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:14 PM   #244
Banned

Jul 2007
Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkShed View Post
Fox isn't stupid to produce an SD-only cut of a new film. Only Paramount would be ridiculous to do something like that for Star Trek: The Motion Picture!
Yeah, since HD wasn't even around yet when they made the Star Trek: TMP extended version. How silly of them.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:24 PM   #245
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by retablo View Post
Yeah, since HD wasn't even around yet when they made the Star Trek: TMP extended version. How silly of them.
If you want to be accurate. HDTV was around in the late 90's.
An OT release of the Star Wars Trilogy is the "gay marriage" of home video: the dark side keeps fighting against it, saying that only a small amount of people really want it. However, in no way will it affect their love and enjoyment of their current "situation."
And the good side realizes that it will make millions of people happy and society will only benefit from it.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:32 AM   #246
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Seattle, WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMLVC View Post
We've already been through this.
And a poster on the previous page said it was true HD...I guess the tone of your reply makes it sound like you're disputing that.
DVDTalk Blu-ray and DVD Critic | facebook | Blu-rays and DVDs (click the tab to switch) | e-mail me | Twitter
Old 01-28-2013, 09:14 AM   #247
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylergfoster View Post
And a poster on the previous page said it was true HD...I guess the tone of your reply makes it sound like you're disputing that.
Considering I WAS/AM the poster you're talking about...you might want to re-think that statement.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:55 PM   #248

Jul 2009

For what it's worth, I emailed Fox Connect to find out if the "unrated feature" was a misprint and they responded with this:

"Dear Valued Customer,

Live Free or Die Hard does include the Unrated Feature on Blu-Ray and can be purchase through http://www.foxconnect.com.

Thank you,

Fox Customer Care"

I'm still not confident that this is accurate information but it might be worth the risk. If it turns out to be wrong, I could just complain that they sent the wrong item or provided incorrect information.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:27 PM   #249
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Seattle, WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMarino View Post
For what it's worth, I emailed Fox Connect to find out if the "unrated feature" was a misprint and they responded with this:

"Dear Valued Customer,

Live Free or Die Hard does include the Unrated Feature on Blu-Ray and can be purchase through http://www.foxconnect.com.

Thank you,

Fox Customer Care"

I'm still not confident that this is accurate information but it might be worth the risk. If it turns out to be wrong, I could just complain that they sent the wrong item or provided incorrect information.
As it is confirmed the box set contains the PG-13 cut, there's no way they printed an entire batch of new discs with the Unrated version and then left it out of the set.
DVDTalk Blu-ray and DVD Critic | facebook | Blu-rays and DVDs (click the tab to switch) | e-mail me | Twitter
Old 02-14-2013, 02:44 AM   #250
Banned

Jun 2009

I saw this at a Half Price Books. I didn't buy it, but fans of the movie might want to add it to their collections.

Old 02-14-2013, 03:12 AM   #251
Banned

Jul 2007
Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMLVC View Post
If you want to be accurate. HDTV was around in the late 90's.
Which means nothing, since it wasn't any sort of standard format for 15 more years.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:37 AM   #252
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu-ray_girl_fan View Post
I saw this at a Half Price Books. I didn't buy it, but fans of the movie might want to add it to their collections.

[Show spoiler]

Wanna pick one up for me?
Old 02-14-2013, 01:10 PM   #253
Power Member

Aug 2009
West Des Moines, IA

Quote:
Originally Posted by retablo View Post
Which means nothing, since it wasn't any sort of standard format for 15 more years.
The standard format means nothing. Paramount should have produced Star Trek: TMP Director's Cut as a full print release. The decision to make a home video SD version only was a plain stupid idea. So many people now want it in HD and now that Paramount didn't future proof that version, customers are upset. They have to now pay for the same job twice. I don't care if SD was standard at that time. HD was the quickly oncoming future.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:53 PM   #254

Aug 2011
U.K.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I noticed Die Hard 4.0 bluray released in the UK, on October 27 2007 has a rating of 15. Is this uncut? If not then has there been an uncut version released on bluray?

Last edited by cheecheung; 09-19-2014 at 02:41 AM.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:59 PM   #255
Expert Member

Jul 2013
Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheecheung View Post
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I noticed Die Hard 4.0 bluray released in the UK, on October 27 2013 has a rating of 15. Is this uncut? If not then has there been an uncut version released on bluray?
The UK BD is the PG-13 version.

Both the PG-13 and Unrated (R) versions are '15' certificates in the UK.

The Unrated version has only been released in Taiwan and Germany (box set) AFAIK.
Thanks given by:
cheecheung (09-19-2014)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America