Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.94
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.98
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$10.39
Game of Thrones - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.99
The Simpsons: The Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.96
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$94.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Oblivion (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Tim Burton Collection (Blu-ray)
$26.49
Dragon Ball Z: Season 6 (Blu-ray)
$17.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Handhelds, Mobiles, Tablets, Apps etc

Old 10-13-2014, 01:24 PM   #4781
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop_99 View Post
It's basically to enable voice (phone calls) over LTE. Instead of making calls over the 4G network, you will be doing so over 4G LTE. Calls should sound better and clearer. Verizon calls it HD Voice, T-Mobile calls it VoLTe.

Improved call quality in sound and you won't switch out of 4G LTE to a 4G network when you make a call. Check with your carrier and see how Voice over LTE works on your network and area. But if all is good, you should active Voice and Data over LTE
volte and hd voice are 2 different things

volte is voice over lte. hd voice is just clearer sounding calls

http://www.theverge.com/2014/5/22/57...launches-volte
Thanks given by:
Bishop_99 (10-13-2014)
Old 10-13-2014, 04:02 PM   #4782
Special Member

Mar 2009
Hialeah, Fl

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtop View Post
volte and hd voice are 2 different things

volte is voice over lte. hd voice is just clearer sounding calls

http://www.theverge.com/2014/5/22/57...launches-volte
Thanks! I didn't know that. I'm with MetroPCS/T-Mobile, so I assumed that HD Voice was VoLTE. Good to have the clarification.
Old 10-14-2014, 12:22 AM   #4783
Expert Member

Mar 2009

So I went to a site that posts reviews of cell carriers in your city(I live in one of the 10th largest cities in the states). Out of 200 Sprint reviews, 95% of them were one star, and that was ALL different zip codes. Guess I know why they're offering such good rate plans LOL. Too bad, cuz I was seriously considering them. Would've saved roughly half my phone bill.
"The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal gov't, are FEW and DEFINED."-Madison
TV: Mitsubishi WD-82838
DVR: Directv HR44-200
Blu-Ray Player: Sony BDP-S780
Gaming Consoles: Microsoft Xbox 360 & One
Remote Control: Logitech Harmony One
Old 10-14-2014, 02:44 PM   #4784
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2008
The empire state (NYC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constitution 101 View Post
So I went to a site that posts reviews of cell carriers in your city(I live in one of the 10th largest cities in the states). Out of 200 Sprint reviews, 95% of them were one star, and that was ALL different zip codes. Guess I know why they're offering such good rate plans LOL. Too bad, cuz I was seriously considering them. Would've saved roughly half my phone bill.
Mind sharing with the rest of us what site you went to (I would like to see how the carriers rate here in the NY/NJ/CT tri-state area)? I'm planning to leave AT&T and I want to see which of the other 3 rate.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
Old 10-14-2014, 02:54 PM   #4785

Nov 2012
No. providence, RI

Whatever you do DO NOT i repeat DO NOT!! go with sprint...god awful

At&T is by far the best service I have ever had!
Old 10-14-2014, 03:48 PM   #4786
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman1977 View Post
Mind sharing with the rest of us what site you went to (I would like to see how the carriers rate here in the NY/NJ/CT tri-state area)? I'm planning to leave AT&T and I want to see which of the other 3 rate.
not sure what site they used. but these might be helpful as well

http://opensignal.com/
http://www.sensorly.com/
Old 10-14-2014, 06:46 PM   #4787
Expert Member

Mar 2009

Quote:
I believe it was cellreception.com
"The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal gov't, are FEW and DEFINED."-Madison
TV: Mitsubishi WD-82838
DVR: Directv HR44-200
Blu-Ray Player: Sony BDP-S780
Gaming Consoles: Microsoft Xbox 360 & One
Remote Control: Logitech Harmony One
Old 10-14-2014, 07:43 PM   #4788
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2008
The empire state (NYC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoney003 View Post
Whatever you do DO NOT i repeat DO NOT!! go with sprint...god awful

At&T is by far the best service I have ever had!
Execept I get so-so reception at my place with AT&T (and they don't offer unlimited data plans). I'm pretty set on going to T-mobile (also, with the unlimited $80 plan for 4G/LTE, it'll be the same I'm paying with AT&T which I don't have a unlimited data plan don't offer one).

I wonder if T-mobile still has that offer in which you can borrow a T-mobile phone (iPhone 5S) for a week to try it out (without signing a contract).

Last edited by Wingman1977; 10-14-2014 at 07:49 PM.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:44 PM   #4789
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Execept I get so-so reception at my place with AT&T (and they don't offer unlimited data plans). I'm pretty set on going to T-mobile (also, with the unlimited $80 plan for 4G/LTE, it'll be the same I'm paying with AT&T which I don't have a unlimited data plan don't offer one).

I wonder if T-mobile still has that offer in which you can borrow a T-mobile phone (iPhone 5S) for a week to try it out (without signing a contract).
AT&T is terrible in NY, as I'm sure you're aware. In my experience, Verizon is the best. T-Mobile is pretty good too, and Sprint is the worst. If you or someone you know lives in one of the many illegal basement apartments, T-Mobile doesn't get good reception in basements. I had a friend with one of those apartments years ago and her T-Mobile got no reception, but my Verizon phone worked just fine. Other than basements, T-Mobile seems to work fine.

Also, due to the price T-Mobile seems to be the most popular amongst college students. When I was in college, about 80% of the phones my friends used were on T-Mobile.
The best number is 73. Why? 73 is the 21st prime number. Its mirror, 37, is the 12th and its mirror, 21, is the product of multiplying 7 and 3... and in binary 73 is a palindrome, 1001001, which backwards is 1001001.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:08 PM   #4790
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2008
The empire state (NYC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface32 View Post
AT&T is terrible in NY, as I'm sure you're aware. In my experience, Verizon is the best. T-Mobile is pretty good too, and Sprint is the worst. If you or someone you know lives in one of the many illegal basement apartments, T-Mobile doesn't get good reception in basements. I had a friend with one of those apartments years ago and her T-Mobile got no reception, but my Verizon phone worked just fine. Other than basements, T-Mobile seems to work fine.

Also, due to the price T-Mobile seems to be the most popular amongst college students. When I was in college, about 80% of the phones my friends used were on T-Mobile.
Obviously I know that AT&T isn't all that here they are my carrier). I live on the main floor of my building (but the windows of my apt face the back yard and I have average reception at best). The problem with Verizon for me is that they have horrible plans. If they offered a unlimited everything plan (like Sprint & T-Mobile), it would be a no brainer. It's really starting to seem that I'm going to jump from AT&T to T-Mobile. Also, I can try out a T-Mobile phone (a iPhone 5S) for a week so I can see how the reception is at my place (I don't know anyone who has T-Mobile but my sister and cousin have have Metro PCS which use T-Mobile's network).
Old Yesterday, 06:34 PM   #4791
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2008
The empire state (NYC)

iOS 8.1 is now available.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Handhelds, Mobiles, Tablets, Apps etc