Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gatchaman: Complete Collection + OVAs (Blu-ray)
$59.99
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Charade (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Pawnbroker (Blu-ray)
$19.16
Spider-Man / Spider-Man 2 / Spider-Man 3 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
I, Robot 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Say
$29.99
The Assassins (Blu-ray)
$6.98

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors

Old 02-28-2014, 01:24 AM   #3041
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011

I might have seen this a long time ago. Im going to have to revisit this one.
31.00 for this creaky classic ??
Old 02-28-2014, 02:54 AM   #3042

Dec 2012
Los Angeles, CA

I've been collecting Redemption titles for a while now and just thought I would put this out there - perhaps a numbered listing could be included in the title post? Here's my closest approximation and assumption based on upcoming releases.

001 The Nude Vampire
002 The Shiver of the Vampires
003 The Iron Rose
004 Lips of Blood
005 Fascination
006 Killer's Moon
007 Virgin Witch
008 The Asphyx
009 Marquis de Sade's Justine
010 The Rape of the Vampire
011 Requiem For a Vampire
012 The Demoniacs
014 The Blood Beast Terror
015 Burke and Hare
016 Black Magic Rites
017 The Living Dead Girl
018 Two Orphan Vampires
019 Hatchet For the Honeymoon
020 Zombie Lake
021 Oasis of the Zombies
022 Female Vampire
023 Exorcism
024 House of Whipcord
025 Schizo
026 Die Screaming, Marianne
027 The Comeback
028 Night of the Hunted
029 The Grapes of Death
030 The Sinful Nuns of St Valentine
031 Cold Eyes of Fear
032 A Virgin Among the Living Dead
033 Nightmares Come At Night
034 The Awful Dr Orlof
035 Trans-Europ-Express
036 Successive Slidings of Pleasure
037 The Flesh and Blood Show
038 Frightmare
039 L'immortelle
040 The Demons
Old 02-28-2014, 07:18 AM   #3043
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

Coming Soon from Redemption Films:

The Man Who Lies Blu-ray PRE-ORDER

STREET DATE: MAY 27TH.

Quote:
From writer/director Alain Robbe-Grillet. On the run from pursuing soldiers, Boris (Jean-Louis Trintignant) finds a refuge in a small European town which, years before, was home to Jean, a resistance fighter hunted by the Nazis. Boris ingratiates himself in the community, weaving tales of his encounters with the martyred rebel, and thereby seducing Jean's widow.. and sister… and maid. But Boris's erotic games are interrupted when a mysterious stranger -- who may, in fact, be Jean -- arrives in the village.
Pro-B

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 02-28-2014 at 07:22 AM.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:06 AM   #3044
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

Eden and After Blu-ray

Quote:
From the darkly erotic imagination of Alain Robbe-Grillet comes a dreamlike fable in which a group of decadent French students are drawn into the psychological and sexual games of a mysterious Dutchman (Pierre Zimmer). Once they imbibe his "fear powder," the students experience a series of hallucinatory episodes: ruminations on death, explorations of sexual curiosity, and striking tableaux of sadomasochistic fantasy. This special edition includes an interview with writer/director Robbe-Grillet, and a complete alternate cut of the film, entitled N. THROWS THE DICE.
Pro-B
Old 02-28-2014, 04:15 PM   #3045

Jan 2012
Montana

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2the9 View Post
I've been collecting Redemption titles for a while now and just thought I would put this out there - perhaps a numbered listing could be included in the title post? Here's my closest approximation and assumption based on upcoming releases.

001 The Nude Vampire
002 The Shiver of the Vampires
003 The Iron Rose
004 Lips of Blood
005 Fascination
006 Killer's Moon
007 Virgin Witch
008 The Asphyx
009 Marquis de Sade's Justine
010 The Rape of the Vampire
011 Requiem For a Vampire
012 The Demoniacs
014 The Blood Beast Terror
015 Burke and Hare
016 Black Magic Rites
017 The Living Dead Girl
018 Two Orphan Vampires
019 Hatchet For the Honeymoon
020 Zombie Lake
021 Oasis of the Zombies
022 Female Vampire
023 Exorcism
024 House of Whipcord
025 Schizo
026 Die Screaming, Marianne
027 The Comeback
028 Night of the Hunted
029 The Grapes of Death
030 The Sinful Nuns of St Valentine
031 Cold Eyes of Fear
032 A Virgin Among the Living Dead
033 Nightmares Come At Night
034 The Awful Dr Orlof
035 Trans-Europ-Express
036 Successive Slidings of Pleasure
037 The Flesh and Blood Show
038 Frightmare
039 L'immortelle
040 The Demons
Any reason you're missing 13?

I've finally started getting to Redemption titles, and am entertaining the thought of pursuing a complete collection
Release wishlist: Dolls Sisters Deadfall (1993) Vampire's Kiss The Hidden Don't Look Now Man Bites Dog The Brood The Cook, the Thief, His Wife & Her Lover Something Wicked This Way Comes Don't Torture a Duckling Black Belly of the Tarantula Brain Damage
Old 02-28-2014, 06:13 PM   #3046

Mar 2013

finally got the HQ Nosferatu 2 disk deluxe BR locally on sale.

I'm super stoked!!!!
Old 02-28-2014, 08:29 PM   #3047

Dec 2012
Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthefrank View Post
Any reason you're missing 13?

I've finally started getting to Redemption titles, and am entertaining the thought of pursuing a complete collection
Unfortunately #13 hasn't been released yet. A few titles were cancelled around the time it would've come out: it's generally assumed this spine belonged to "Visions of Ecstasy" but nothing has been confirmed. Last I heard, Redemption still plans on putting one out eventually.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:14 PM   #3048

Dec 2012
Los Angeles, CA

Out of date, but found on Redemption FB. It sort of kills me to see 6-8 and 16 break the sleek black and white pattern, but oh well.

I’ve really enjoyed collecting the Redemption library on blu-ray. Initially I happened upon The Iron Rose and fell in love with Jean Rollin - and I can’t say I’ve regretted any purchases from the collection. Sure, there are a few forgotten films that were so for a reason, but each gives some insight into European genre cinema and low-budget horror filmmaking.

At first I tried to keep up with Scream Factory’s release schedule, but they just have too many films coming out in quick succession for my wallet. Plus they seem to cast a wider net as far as what constitutes horror. In comparison, Redemption films all have a generally identifiable style and can be had for around $10/$15 if you aren’t looking at new releases.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:30 PM   #3049
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

L'immortelle Blu-ray DETAILED

NEWS/TRAILER
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=13386

Quote:
Redemption Films and Kino Lorber have officially announced and detailed their upcoming Blu-ray release of Alain Robbe-Grillet's L' immortelle a.k.a. The Immortal One (1963), starring Françoise Brion, Jacques Doniol-Valcroze, and Guido Celano. The release will be available for purchase on April 1.

The film marks Robbe-Grillet's directorial debut, following the acclaim he received for his Academy Award-nominated screenplay for Alain Resnais' Last Year at Marienbad the previous year. L'Immortelle won the Prix Louis Delluc and was nominated for the Golden Bear at the Berlin International Film Festival when it was released in 1963.

This is the third release in The Cinema of Alain Robbe-Grillet, a collection from Kino Lorber and Redemption that will consist of six films by the acclaimed French writer and filmmaker, restored and remastered in HD from original 35mm elements.

With his talent for intricate, experimental narratives, and his penchant for sado-masochism as a recurring theme in his work, Robbe-Grillet used film to explore his own sexual desires, resulting in a highly personal and sometimes disturbing body of work that is equally characteristic of European art cinema and the exploitation cinema of the 1960s.

For years, Robbe-Grillet's films have been unavailable in the United States in any form. It is with great pride that Kino Lorber and Redemption Films bring these films to American viewers, in exquisite HD editions, aiding in the rediscovery of one of European cinema's most eclectic and highly original filmmakers.

With its highly stylized camerawork and fragmented narrative structure, Alain Robbe-Grillet's L'Immortelle is a cinematic arabesque that teases the eye with visual delights, yet sadistically confounds the viewer's expectations. Not dissimilar to Alain Resnais's Last Year at Marienbad, which he had written two years earlier, L'Immortelle involves a Frenchman, traveling in Istanbul, who is fascinated by the city's language, architecture, and exotic culture. He soon becomes entranced by a mysterious woman (Françoise Brion) who seems to encourage his attentions but remains, maddeningly, just beyond his reach. His erotic pursuit of her leads him into the criminal underworld...with deadly consequences.

Special Features:

Newly mastered in HD from the original 35mm elements
In French with optional English subtitles
Interview with Alain Robbe-Grillet (32 min.)
Three trailers for the films of Alain Robbe-Grillet
2014 promo short

Pro-B
Old 03-05-2014, 02:40 AM   #3050

May 2010

Anyone know if it's true that Kino is working on The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari?
Old 03-05-2014, 09:44 AM   #3051

Feb 2012
Adelaide, South Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraiserfan View Post
Anyone know if it's true that Kino is working on The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari?
There's a restoration underway, but I don't know if Kino will be picking it up. They'd be the most likely distributor stateside.

Adelaide Movie Buffs (info on special screenings, contests, bargains, etc. relevant to Adelaideans... and contests/bargains for other Aussies too!)
Old 03-05-2014, 03:00 PM   #3052

May 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by W0m6at View Post
There's a restoration underway, but I don't know if Kino will be picking it up. They'd be the most likely distributor stateside.

"Das Cabinet des Dr. Caligari": Comparison restoration 1984 with 2014, Murnau-Stiftung, Wiesbaden - YouTube
Great to hear. I need this film on Blu-ray!
Old 03-06-2014, 07:38 PM   #3053
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

DVD PRESS RELEASE
Quote:
Kino Lorber Will Release
CAMILLE CLAUDEL 1915,
Award-Winning Biopic from
acclaimed director
Bruno Dumont (L'Humanité, Flanders)
and Starring Academy Award®-Winner
Juliette Binoche

Available on DVD on March 25th

AMAZON PRE-ORDER
http://www.amazon.com/Camille-Claude...amille+claudel

NEW YORK, NY - March 6, 2014 - Kino Lorber is pleased to announce the release of the award-winning historical biopic CAMILLE CLAUDEL 1915 on DVD on March 25th. Academy Award® winning actress Juliette Binoche stars as artist Camille Claudel who is confined to a psychiatric asylum by her family. Directed by acclaimed filmmaker Bruno Dumont (L'Humanité, Flanders), CAMILLE CLAUDEL 1915 premiered at the 63rd Berlin International Film Festival and was awarded the 2013 FIPRESCI Prize and the Special Jury Prize at the Istanbul International Film Festival and the 2013 Special Jury Prize for Best European Feature at the 2013 Brussels European Film Festival. Binoche was awarded Best Actress at the Tallinn Black Nights Film Festival for her performance in the film. The film was also nominated for the Golden Bear at Berlin and the Prix Louis Delluc for Best Film.

CAMILLE CLAUDEL 1915 will be released on DVD on March 25th with a SRP of $29.95.

Claudel - groundbreaking female artist, protégé and former mistress of Auguste Rodin - no longer sculpts. Confined to an asylum in the South of France during the winter of 1915, she awaits her brother Paul's visit. In the meantime, Claudel struggles not only with her mental health, but also with being denied the independence and freedom of her former life.

In CAMILLE CLAUDEL 1915, Academy Award®-winning actress Juliette Binoche (The English Patient) gives one of her "most wrenching performances" (The New York Times) as the protégé and mistress of Auguste Rodin, during the time when she was imprisoned in an insane asylum.

Camille was also the sister of the Christian mystic poet Paul Claudel, the last of her family to pay her regular visits. Inspired by the correspondence between Paul and Camille, writer/director Bruno Dumont (Humanité) focuses on Camille's struggle to maintain a sense of normalcy in a crowd of schizophrenics.

Suffering from bouts of paranoia (she believes Rodin is poisoning her), she focuses on her art and her family as pillars of sanity, until those too begin to crumble. Dumont shot the film in a real asylum with a supporting cast of actual patients and their nurses, highlighting the thin line between the insane and those who treat them. With a stunning performance from Binoche, CAMILLE CLAUDEL 1915 "works beautifully" (Time Out NY).

CAMILLE CLAUDEL 1915 is the seventh feature from acclaimed director Bruno Dumont, the award-winning filmmaker whose previous films include The Life of Jesus (1997, which won Best Film at the London Film Festival, won the Prix Jean Vigo, won the FIPRESCI Prize at the Chicago International Film Festival, and won the Golden Camera-Special Mention at the Cannes Film Festival); L'Humanité (1999, winner of Grand Prize of the Jury, Best Actor and Best Actress awards at Cannes), Twentynine Palms (2003, which won the José Luis Guarner Critic's Award - Special Mention and was nominated for Best Film at Sitges - Catalonian International Film Festival, and was nominated for the Golden Lion at the Venice Film Festival), Flanders (2006, winner of the Grand Prize of the Jury and nominated for Palm d'Or at the Cannes Film Festival), Hadewijch (2009, winner of the International Critics' Award [FIPRESCI] at the Toronto International Film Festival), and Outside Satan (2011, nominated for the Un Certain Regard award at Cannes).
Pro-B
Old 03-06-2014, 08:03 PM   #3054
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2011
Leeds, England

Quote:

It's been completed. It had it's premier at the Berlin International Film Festival last month.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:06 PM   #3055
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2012
A little bit of here....a little bit of there.....

[Show spoiler]
Quote:

"Das Cabinet des Dr. Caligari": Comparison restoration 1984 with 2014, Murnau-Stiftung, Wiesbaden - YouTube

I could see a potential Eureka/MOC release of this as well.

Can't wait.

"We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold."
Old 03-06-2014, 08:42 PM   #3056
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

COVER UPDATES:

Pro-B
Old 03-07-2014, 04:58 AM   #3057

Sep 2012
41.7325° N, 49.9469° W

Quote:
Originally Posted by *PREACHER* View Post
[Show spoiler]

I could see a potential Eureka/MOC release of this as well.

Can't wait.

Definitely buying the MoC of Caligari. Kino never seems to commission new features or commentaries. Also, the frame rate on their Nosferatu BD features annoying frame judder due to 18fps to 24fps conversion. The MoC is missing the judder.

The restoration of Caligari looks amazing! Hopefully we have a blu by Halloween.
TV: Panasonic 55" GT50 3D
BD Player: Panasonic DMP-BDT210/BDX1300 Region Free
Surround: Onkyo TX-NR609
Surrounds/rears: Polk T15
Center: Polk CS10
Fronts: Tsi300 x2
Sub: Polk PSW110
Favorite movie: James Cameron's Titanic
Old 03-07-2014, 05:53 AM   #3058
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2009

I'm wondering why there hasn't been an official release date announcement for A Touch of Sin yet (or maybe I just missed it? I'm talking about announcement of extras/official cover art/etc)? The original release date was for March 18th if I remember correctly from the original announcement, now pushed back to April 8th, which isn't that far away.

Last edited by SpiderBaby; 03-07-2014 at 05:55 AM.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:10 PM   #3059
Super Moderator

Jul 2007
Edo, Land of the Samurai

Just purchased the following :

Last edited by Blu Titan; 03-11-2014 at 01:20 PM.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:54 PM   #3060
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

DVD:

AMAZON
http://www.amazon.com/Max-Linder-Col...=kino+classics

Quote:
Kino Classics and Lobster Films celebrate the legacy of Max Linder , a pioneer of slapstick whom Charlie Chaplin referred to as "the great master." With his trademark silk top hat and cane, the French-born Linder blended slapstick with sophistication, and invested his films with a layer of cleverness that elevated them above mere knockabout comedies, paving the way for such multi-dimensional screen comedians as Chaplin, Buster Keaton, and Harold Lloyd. The collection includes three films: THE THREE MUST-GET-THERES (1922), SEVEN YEARS BAD LUCK (1921), and BE MY WIFE (1921), plus a bonus short.
Pro-B
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors