COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Poirot: The Complete Cases Collection (Blu-ray)
$198.49
Dexter: The Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Draft Day (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Orange Is the New Black: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.24
Pain & Gain (Blu-ray)
$10.12
Sleepaway Camp (Blu-ray)
$15.99
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Destroy All Monsters (Blu-ray)
$12.74
Ray Donovan: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.49
Baltimore Ravens: Road to XLVII (Blu-ray)
$20.08
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$91.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Eternal Damn Nation (Blu-ray)
$15.25
D-Day Remembered (Blu-ray)
$39.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96
The Wind Will Carry Us (Blu-ray)
$19.49
Bones: Season Four (Blu-ray)
$19.89

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 08-14-2013, 10:37 PM   #81
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCrutchy View Post
I KNEW there was a reason my palms were so hairy and I now have Coke-bottle-like glasses...

there are some of us, who misplace our own pets and have no idea where they have wandered off to:

Old 08-15-2013, 07:30 PM   #82
Power Member

Jun 2009
Colorado

Just got my copy of Barbara Broadcast!

its a heavy box!

it has a nice embossed slip cover too

someone should add this to the database
Annie: When you found out I was Jewish, you invited me to a 'pool party' that turned out to be a Baptism.

Shirley: Well excuse me for trying to sneak you into Heaven.

Last edited by Yankees0222; 08-15-2013 at 07:56 PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:32 PM   #83
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock

^ I think I just snapped my neck trying to invert my head to see the attachment file picture right side up.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:58 PM   #84
Power Member

Jun 2009
Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstar View Post
^ I think I just snapped my neck trying to invert my head to see the attachment file picture right side up.

Sorry posted from my phone and it was right side up on there. Didn't realize it posted upside down
Annie: When you found out I was Jewish, you invited me to a 'pool party' that turned out to be a Baptism.

Shirley: Well excuse me for trying to sneak you into Heaven.
Old 08-31-2013, 12:17 AM   #85
Special Member

Aug 2007
Singapore

Just finished watching my copy, I prefer Misty more than Barbara what is the next line for Distribpix?
Old 09-14-2013, 01:04 PM   #86

Dec 2012

Finally got around to watching BB, man what a great package. Kudos to Steven and Co at Distribpix on this one. Susan McBain bj in hd!!!!

I hear they're going to be giving the deluxe treatment to Through the Looking Glass next, can't wait.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:20 PM   #87

Feb 2011
Norfolk,VA

with all the prior work that has been done, I am surprised that there hasn't been releases in HD of the other three Metzger titles, The Private Afternoons of Pamela Mann, Naked Came The Stranger, Maraschino Cherry, all with the same high standards as the Misty and Barbara releases. these really are topnotch presentations, restorations that look film like, and a almost Criterion worthy style of supplements.

wish more of the "golden age" was treated with the same respect.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:25 PM   #88

Dec 2012

I would love to see some of Gary Graver's stuff make it to blu.
Old 11-20-2013, 03:09 AM   #89

Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by dana martin View Post
with all the prior work that has been done, I am surprised that there hasn't been releases in HD of the other three Metzger titles, The Private Afternoons of Pamela Mann, Naked Came The Stranger, Maraschino Cherry, all with the same high standards as the Misty and Barbara releases. these really are topnotch presentations, restorations that look film like, and a almost Criterion worthy style of supplements.

wish more of the "golden age" was treated with the same respect.
I think Distribpix is testing the blu-ray waters with Misty to see if there is a market to further BR releases. Personally, I would hesitate to plunk down the cash for the aforementioned titles if d-pix were to release those on BR. I really hope d-pix finds a good market.

I completely agree with your wish about the "golden age".
Old 01-03-2014, 06:43 AM   #90

Feb 2012
semi-rural Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Seymour Love View Post
Finally got around to watching BB, man what a great package. Kudos to Steven and Co at Distribpix on this one. Susan McBain bj in hd!!!!

I hear they're going to be giving the deluxe treatment to Through the Looking Glass next, can't wait.
By deluxe do you mean a blu-ray? Like the last poster, I am also reluctant to pay top cash for DVD editions of the other Metzger films if there's a reasonable chance of a blu ray later. From the trailers, Maraschino Cherry looks like it would be real eye candy on blu.
I hope d-pix gets more visiblility. I added Metzger's name to the listing for the two blu-rays here since it increases the chance of at least Metzger followers finding out about these great releases. I've been hankering for more Metzger and some vintage X films on blu, and I didn't find out about these until last week, almost by accident.
Just finished all the content on the Misty Beethoven BD except for the soft cut which I'll have to check out. Great restoration. Looking forward to watching Barbara Broadcast (and the Annie Sprinkle and Little Oral Annie collections I got with this), as well as the MB soundtrack CD.
I don't suppose any other company has put out vintage or visually worthwhile X films on blu-ray?
Lex Luthor: Miss Teschmacher, some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.Miss Teschmacher: Lex, what has chewing gum got to do with the secrets of the universe?Lex Luthor: [sighs] Right, Miss Teschmacher. Right.

P.S. I'm not the best speller

Last edited by billyearle; 01-03-2014 at 06:52 AM.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:04 AM   #91

Feb 2012
semi-rural Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCrutchy View Post
The next VXP Metzger/Paris title, Barbara Broadcast (1977), went up for pre-order today at Distribxpix. This will be a BD-25/DVD combo pack. There is a special retail-only sale on where those who pre-order by 7/22/13 can get the set for $5.00 off ($29.99 vs. $34.99), and the first 400 orders will also receive a Barbara Broadcast fridge magnet (paging fans of Twilight Time...).
Well too bad this isn't selling faster then, as I got the fridge magnet, and I just received my order yesterday (placed less than a week ago). And thankyou for starting this thread, even though I didn't notice it until after finding out about these releases. I don't know if blu-ray.com could announce future blu-rays from this company, or other vintage X, hope so.
Lex Luthor: Miss Teschmacher, some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.Miss Teschmacher: Lex, what has chewing gum got to do with the secrets of the universe?Lex Luthor: [sighs] Right, Miss Teschmacher. Right.

Old 01-03-2014, 02:12 PM   #92

Dec 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyearle View Post
By deluxe do you mean a blu-ray? Like the last poster, I am also reluctant to pay top cash for DVD editions of the other Metzger films if there's a reasonable chance of a blu ray later.
They haven't announced a blu yet, just that they're working on the best possible presentation for it, so I'm hopeful that it will be a bd.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:19 PM   #93

Feb 2011
Norfolk,VA

First of all they do have a blog page where the let out info, and company history, by the way it is (NSFW) just so you know, what is coming next, I donít know, but I do know this much it will be a spot on as a presentation can be. Steve from Distribpix has plainly stated that he views these with the same historical significance as other films. That and his company is now working with Vinegar Syndrome, to produce and online site that will start this year.

Some concerns in this thread, my take, who else is releasing golden age classic erotica, and of course it has to contain the, soft cut or cable cut for all the titles , or it would not be allowed in the database on here. And $30 is a lot cheaper than most adult titles go for, considering itís a classic release, and restoration work, and you can see that effort was put in to it, I think both releases are stellar. Hell I have major studio disc from Uni and MGM that donít look this good.

I have ask that Distribpix be added to the Studio section so that both Misty and Barbara profiles can be updated, if you are just reading this, and are a fan of the ďParisĒ films, trust me these releases are worth a purchase.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:57 AM   #94

Feb 2012
semi-rural Japan

Got around to the soft cut of Misty Beethoven, but my attention wandered. Apart from the brief girls in the tub scene, and alternate soft angles, were there any other new scenes in the soft cut?

Old 02-04-2014, 03:34 PM   #95
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008
Northern VA, USA

The first press of Misty Beethoven is now sold out and the second printing doesn't come with the liner notes.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:57 AM   #96
Special Member

Aug 2007
Singapore

what is the next line for Distribpix?
Old 04-14-2014, 07:48 AM   #97
Special Member

Jun 2012
Fort Scott, KS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidBlu View Post
what is the next line for Distribpix?
No Blu-Ray news but they are releasing a 2k restoration of the 2 Bill Lustig (The Blue Underground Founder) 1970's "Billy Bagg" films, Violation of Claudia & Hot Honey as a DVD double feature with commentary on both films by Lustig and Nicolas Winding Refn (The director of Drive & Only God Forgives)

Her touch could save the world, but her kiss burns it to the ground

Last edited by Hubunkey; 04-14-2014 at 07:52 AM.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:52 AM   #98

Dec 2012

Oh hells yeah!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America