Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Flash: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Supergirl: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Gotham: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Supernatural: The Complete Twelfth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Tenth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Sherlock: Season Four (Blu-ray)
$14.99
DC's Legends of Tomorrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Deadwood: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Rick and Morty: Season One (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Westworld: Season One (Blu-ray)
$27.99
John Adams (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 11-22-2017, 02:48 AM   #20601

Jul 2017
Lansing, Michigan

The ratings will take a bump for the mid season finale but what will the ratings be by that time? Will it be down around 5.5 million? That is a concerning number and these drops are nothing to scoff at.

AMC needs to shake things up. Replace Gimple and cut the seasons down to 10 episodes would be a great start. I've felt for a few years now that 16 episodes are just too many. Maybe even a shakeup in the writers room for good measure.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:34 AM   #20602
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2013
Cambridge, Massachusetts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Eskimos View Post
The ratings will take a bump for the mid season finale but what will the ratings be by that time? Will it be down around 5.5 million? That is a concerning number and these drops are nothing to scoff at.

AMC needs to shake things up. Replace Gimple and cut the seasons down to 10 episodes would be a great start. I've felt for a few years now that 16 episodes are just too many. Maybe even a shakeup in the writers room for good measure.
Stop splitting the seasons into two halves would my biggest suggestion for how to improve ratings.

If that requires cutting the number of episodes then so be it. But that probably won't happen, because fewer episodes equals lower ad revenue. They'll bleed the show into an early grave before they'll ever do anything to reduce seasonal ad revenue.

But I'm sick and tired of them trying to sucker us into getting hyped up for two finales in one season.

Then ditch the backstory episodes, unless it's something really special and vital to telling the story. Negan is the only character at this stage who warrants a backstory episode. And ditch any episodes that focus on a single character or a single group.

Then consolidate the multiple narrative structure in a way that means less momentum-killing digression, which in my opinion, has been the biggest problem with the show for several seasons now. Most viewers are just plain sick and tired of having to wait two or three weeks (or longer) to see how an episode cliffhanger plays out.

The show is still fairly entertaining imo.

But improvements could definitely be made.
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked.
Dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix.
Angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection to the starry dynamo in the machinery of night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHVqxD8PNq8
Thanks given by:
ChadFL (11-22-2017)
Old 11-22-2017, 03:38 AM   #20603
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2010
Eastfarthing

Ain't been no Corral fer a while. What. The. Huh.
Joe
Old 11-22-2017, 03:52 AM   #20604
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWayFilms View Post
Yeah, I was going to say, in all his witty banter to everyone, he does seem rather obsessed with other people's penises. "Big D***, Little D***, Swinging D***, etc..." I mean....it really seems a bit much for a seemingly straight man with his wide selection of available women.
Plot twist: Negan and Simon are actually lovers. Negan just badly overcompensates with a harem of wives.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:56 AM   #20605
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MosHighDef View Post
Lol at how skinny negan is. Really scary dude.
What does being skinny have to do with being scary? Negan was never intended to be scary due to size but rather through fear and outsmarting his opponents.
Old 11-22-2017, 04:57 AM   #20606
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2013
Orlando, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by myanks12 View Post
They probably had issues with too much gun play in episodes 2 and 3. Maybe they'll have issues with tonight's episode by saying that it had too much dialogue. There was a lot of dialogue...plus, the episode was extended by 13 minutes so it's too easy to throw in one of those "the episode dragged and was too long." Just calling that now.
Surprise! Many critics are calling The Big Scary U best episode of Season 8 and the best episode produced in the past two seasons.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:34 AM   #20607
Special Member

Jul 2012

The Big Scary U was cheap and plot heavy. I quite enjoyed it, especially getting to see how the other side is getting along during the attack.

Shows us the reason why a dictator like Negan is needed in a military dictatorship. Anarchy will erupt without him.

I still feel that breaking the storyline up into sequential episodes is the only way to go.
Worked in S4 Part 2, 2nd half of S5 Part 1...

I thought the branching of story failed in S6 after the premiere (although using B&W for a non-linear storyline for was f*cking ridiculous), with a gimmicky fake death and a plot that dragged.

S6Ep10 (Jesus intro) onwards was very good (interestingly the ep was the last time the Blu-Ray had an F-bomb in it, excluding S6 finale ďextraĒ).

https://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=6526

Season 7 was consistent. I did not think it was as bad as many commented. Sure, there were 3-4 episodes that were below par, but in general, it was the season we had to have (showing a broken Rick, a vengeful widow and a King pushed too far). It was different from every other season, but had to be.

I donít think the show will ever get back to itís best seasons (S1, S2 Part2, S4 Part 2).

I hope the helicopter will lead somewhere away from the comics to something new and original... And the storyline after the conclusion of the Savior War wonít end up being
[Show spoiler]the Whisperers
storyline OR if it is, the get the aforementioned storyline out of the way in a half season.

Perhaps the helicopter Rick sees in this ep might be the beginning of a conclusion to the series. A cure perhaps on the horizon, a return to some normalcy and a technological society OR a dark ending.
Either way, the show should look to end at some stage in the next 5-7 years. It canít go on to Season 20 like Gimple suggests.
Give me Blu-Ray or give me death.

Streaming sucks!

Respect the filmmakers intentions; Respect the the OAR
Old 11-22-2017, 09:17 AM   #20608

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman3 View Post
Surprise! Many critics are calling The Big Scary U best episode of Season 8 and the best episode produced in the past two seasons.
This is correct. While still not on par with any episode from Season 6 it was definitely a step in the right direction. God help us next week with those stupid junk people come back in it. Fingers crossed they get wiped out.
Old 11-22-2017, 09:21 AM   #20609
Special Member

Feb 2008
socal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFL View Post
What does being skinny have to do with being scary? Negan was never intended to be scary due to size but rather through fear and outsmarting his opponents.
Maybe because Negan is so skinny my little sister could beat him up..

He walks around with a bat and tries to act physically imposing when he weighs about 155 pounds at over 6 feet lol...
Old 11-22-2017, 12:50 PM   #20610
Special Member

Nov 2016
Sutton Coldfield, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by MosHighDef View Post
Maybe because Negan is so skinny my little sister could beat him up..

He walks around with a bat and tries to act physically imposing when he weighs about 155 pounds at over 6 feet lol...
Thing is most people in this show should be skinny anyway, due to the sparsity of decent food. I think some actors like the craft services table a little too much...
Old 11-22-2017, 01:20 PM   #20611
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2013
Orlando, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin sam View Post
This is correct. While still not on par with any episode from Season 6 it was definitely a step in the right direction. God help us next week with those stupid junk people come back in it. Fingers crossed they get wiped out.
Agreed. They seem to be playing both Rick and Negan. Obviously seeing which is the better deal for them.
Old 11-22-2017, 02:07 PM   #20612
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008
Calgary, Alberta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Eskimos View Post

I'd say even fewer would be better - I really like how a number of shows on the Beebs have gone - The Fall, Sherlock etc. with only 4 or 5 episodes, but 90 minutes (commercial free) long.
Modern
Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 TV
Pioneer BDP-85FD Blu-Ray
Pioneer SC-67 Receiver
Old School
Pioneer Kuro PDP-5020FD TV
Pioneer HLD-X9 Laserdisc Player
Old 11-22-2017, 02:25 PM   #20613

Jul 2009

Quote:
Agreed. They seem to be playing both Rick and Negan. Obviously seeing which is the better deal for them.
I just hope there is a twist with them and a longer game. All that broken English just doesn't make sense unless they do that to hide how advanced they really are. Maybe that helicopter is theirs.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:33 PM   #20614
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2013
Orlando, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin sam View Post
I just hope there is a twist with them and a longer game. All that broken English just doesn't make sense unless they do that to hide how advanced they really are. Maybe that helicopter is theirs.
Yeah, it was too coincidental that Rick just so happens to see a helicopter and then it's revealed the Junkyard people spying on him.

Also, there's a cool theory about Simon being the one who killed all the men at Oceanside. He suggested killing all at the Hilltop and this angered Negan. Asking if he was "backsliding." Which is a term for going to the old ways.
Thanks given by:
ChadFL (11-22-2017)
Old 11-22-2017, 03:44 PM   #20615

Jul 2009

Quote:
Yeah, it was too coincidental that Rick just so happens to see a helicopter and then it's revealed the Junkyard people spying on him.

Also, there's a cool theory about Simon being the one who killed all the men at Oceanside. He suggested killing all at the Hilltop and this angered Negan. Asking if he was "backsliding." Which is a term for going to the old ways.
That would be cool. I really want to see him go proper nuts. I do like his character a lot. More so then Negan.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:55 PM   #20616

Mar 2011

Quote:
Yeah...I don't know about you but I really loved this episode. This is definitely one of my favorite episodes of the series...maybe top 15. Very few episodes exist where everything just works for me. The Big Scary U is one of them. There wasn't a single scene in this episode that I didn't enjoy.
Old 11-22-2017, 04:44 PM   #20617
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Quote:

Simon would make sense. Had to be one of Negan's lieutenants responsible for that. Given what we know of Negan I don't think he would massacre every single male. It seems like he values people who can be of use to him while Simon just views everyone as disposable. Not saying Negan is necessarily better, just that he looks at thing differently.
Old 11-22-2017, 05:13 PM   #20618
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2013
Cambridge, Massachusetts

Quote:

It's an interesting theory.

But I find the theory of Simon at one time being beaten into submission by Negan the same way that Rick was in the season 7 premiere, to be even more interesting.
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked.
Dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix.
Angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection to the starry dynamo in the machinery of night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHVqxD8PNq8
Old 11-22-2017, 09:20 PM   #20619
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2013
Orlando, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by myanks12 View Post
Yeah...I don't know about you but I really loved this episode. This is definitely one of my favorite episodes of the series...maybe top 15. Very few episodes exist where everything just works for me. The Big Scary U is one of them. There wasn't a single scene in this episode that I didn't enjoy.
I enjoyed it a lot. The writing actually improved in that episode. There really seemed to be real drama at the Sanctuary. We also got to see how the Saviors work if Negan were to actually be killed. The only weak link in that episode was Rick and Daryl's story.
Old 11-23-2017, 04:40 PM   #20620
Power Member

Jun 2010
Isn't this where...we came in?

I'm hoping it's the WGON helicopter with Frannie (Gaylen Ross) from Monroeville Mall.
If sales are good for Arrow Video's Sullivan's Travels then we might get a boxed set of Preston Sturges films from Arrow!
Thanks given by:
jayman3 (11-23-2017), Pondosinatra (11-23-2017)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows