Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Mad Max Anthology (Blu-ray)
$47.88
Star Wars: Rebels - Complete Season One (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Originals: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Hammer Horror Classics, Volume 1 (Blu-ray)
$38.47
The Walking Dead: Seasons 1-4 (Blu-ray)
$68.99
We Are Still Here (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Vampire Diaries: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Space Dandy: Season 2 (Blu-ray)
$37.39
Mad Max: Fury Road (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Scorpion: Season One (Blu-ray)
$39.95
Men in Black 3 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 03-26-2015, 03:47 PM   #3741
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2007
Mpls, MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eny- View Post
All Disney and Pixar 3D versions look great. I wish they could convert the remaining titles in 3D, especially, Aladdin and Wall-E.
Yeah Aladdin is a bad victim in Disney just stopping with 3D esp in the U.S. as they were releasing the 90's upconverted titles to 3D Aladdin the the one title I thought would be very impressive in 3D. Really sad.
Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! These are becoming endangered and should be kept intact. They are part of film history.

Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60 Marantz SR7007
MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15
Oppo BDP-103 Oppo BDP-103 Region Free
Pioneer LD CLD-D505
Old 04-23-2015, 08:14 AM   #3742

Aug 2010
Default Digital Copy?

Hey guys, this may be a dumb question, but just something I've been worrying about a little...I chose to buy the blu-ray with the digital copy version because I wanted both. I chose to redeem my digital HD copy through Amazon, my preferred platform, and because I also have the fire tv. Anyway, Disney is still allowing people to purchase TLM on Instant Video, and other Disney movies, like Cinderella, etc. But what happens when eventually it truly is vaulted, like other titles that have already been released, i.e. The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast, to name two, and Amazon won't even have it in their databases at all. Will I lose my digital copy?

I'm assuming Disney will just have it so people can't buy it via Instant Video anymore, and not take it away from people who legally redeemed it...but I really hope I'm not wrong on this. Thanks if anybody has an answer. Are there people here who've bought past titles, redeemed their DC through Itunes, Amazon, whatever, and still have it, even though that title is vaulted?

And yes, I know there's always a risk if you buy things digitally, you don't really own it, but I know that Amazon can easily negotiate deals so if a title is taken away temporarily you can get it back....but I can't see them doing this so easily with Disney. Just I like having my digital copy and if Disney would do that, that is REALLY unfair, considing I legally bought and paid for my DC with the disc purchase. Thanks if anyone can answer.
Old 04-23-2015, 04:35 PM   #3743
Special Member

Oct 2012
NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryPotterGrl10 View Post
Hey guys, this may be a dumb question, but just something I've been worrying about a little...I chose to buy the blu-ray with the digital copy version because I wanted both. I chose to redeem my digital HD copy through Amazon, my preferred platform, and because I also have the fire tv. Anyway, Disney is still allowing people to purchase TLM on Instant Video, and other Disney movies, like Cinderella, etc. But what happens when eventually it truly is vaulted, like other titles that have already been released, i.e. The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast, to name two, and Amazon won't even have it in their databases at all. Will I lose my digital copy?

I'm assuming Disney will just have it so people can't buy it via Instant Video anymore, and not take it away from people who legally redeemed it...but I really hope I'm not wrong on this. Thanks if anybody has an answer. Are there people here who've bought past titles, redeemed their DC through Itunes, Amazon, whatever, and still have it, even though that title is vaulted?

And yes, I know there's always a risk if you buy things digitally, you don't really own it, but I know that Amazon can easily negotiate deals so if a title is taken away temporarily you can get it back….but I can't see them doing this so easily with Disney. Just I like having my digital copy and if Disney would do that, that is REALLY unfair, con siding I legally bought and paid for my DC with the disc purchase. Thanks if anyone can answer.
I don't care about the digital copy but at the same time I don't mind if it comes with it. I want to know too for those people who redeem their code and still has access to the films.

Sort of unfair but like you said you don't really own it. Disney just like the rest of movie studios can do whatever they feel like it. The down side of 'owning' digital stuff from my understanding.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:08 PM   #3744
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2012
ND, USA
Default The Little Mermaid Blu-ray 2D and 3D 10/1/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryPotterGrl10 View Post

And yes, I know there's always a risk if you buy things digitally, you don't really own it, but I know that Amazon can easily negotiate deals so if a title is taken away temporarily you can get it back....but I can't see them doing this so easily with Disney. Just I like having my digital copy and if Disney would do that, that is REALLY unfair, considing I legally bought and paid for my DC with the disc purchase. Thanks if anyone can answer.
I still have access to the digital copies of The Lion King and Peter Pan thru DMA and all three connected providers.

Even though the Lion King was in the vault when DMA was launched, it was still upgraded to HD and I then gained access to it thru Google Play and Vudu when they became DMA providers.

I wouldn't worry about losing access to your digital copy (after The Little Mermaid hits the vault) unless Amazon ends its Instant Video service (very unlikely).

Last edited by disneywildcat; 04-23-2015 at 06:20 PM.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:01 PM   #3745

Nov 2009
Central, NJ

I just heard of the recall today. I called up and they were very kind and polite. They asked me to check the spine of my BD cover and the numbers on the labels and underside of my DVD and Blu-ray (2D) discs. Looks like my set is affected and they are sending a mailer for me. Sadly no recall for the 3D disc, but at least I didn't miss out on this one.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:26 AM   #3746

Sep 2011
Hungary

Disney will no longer release blu-ray movies in Hungary due to poor sales. It's a pity, because I really wanted to show my kids this movie in the best quality possible.
Old 06-07-2015, 04:47 PM   #3747
Power Member

Apr 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellomi View Post
Disney will no longer release blu-ray movies in Hungary due to poor sales. It's a pity, because I really wanted to show my kids this movie in the best quality possible.
I can't imagine it will be difficult to import titles from other EU countries.
Old 06-07-2015, 07:38 PM   #3748
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
Athens, Greece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle_JP View Post
I can't imagine it will be difficult to import titles from other EU countries.
Language tracks man.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:55 AM   #3749
Expert Member

May 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellomi View Post
I know it's not the end of the world but that's horrifying news man
All PlayStation Users, please read, share and sign (VOTE UP) this issue (Click).
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America