COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Y Tu Mamá También (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Jumanji (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Grimm: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$39.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray)
$18.96
The Amazing Spider-Man 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The East (Blu-ray)
$6.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray)
$74.99
It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Jarhead 2: Field of Fire (Blu-ray)
$17.78
Once Upon a Time: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Friends: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$110.00
Chuck: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$66.99
Wrong Turn Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.31
Only Lovers Left Alive (Blu-ray)
$23.59
Steins;Gate: Anime Classics Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$31.69

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 07:03 AM   #1
blu-ray_girl_fan blu-ray_girl_fan is offline
Banned
 
Jun 2009
1
87
Default List of 3D Releases With More Bonus Features Than Their 2D Counterparts

.

Last edited by blu-ray_girl_fan; 10-27-2013 at 10:44 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:12 PM   #2
levcore levcore is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
levcore's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
Worcester, UK
733
2
Default

On the flipside to this, i've noticed that the 3D release of Green Hornet in the UK has LESS features than the 2D one. It's missing the 'stunt family armstrong' featurette for a start. Frustrating, as it was a good little featurette. I only noticed after i traded my 2D copy in.

Good idea for a thread btw.
Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

3D FAN

Instagram: levcore

Steelbooks Looking to trade (unsealed): Green Lantern HMV Exclusive, Chronicle Play Exclusive, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1, Enders Game HMV Exclusive.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:25 PM   #3
blu-ray_girl_fan blu-ray_girl_fan is offline
Banned
 
Jun 2009
1
87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
On the flipside to this, i've noticed that the 3D release of Green Hornet in the UK has LESS features than the 2D one. It's missing the 'stunt family armstrong' featurette for a start. Frustrating, as it was a good little featurette. I only noticed after i traded my 2D copy in.

Good idea for a thread btw.
I think there might a few releases like that, especially if they cram both 3D and 2D versions on the same disc.

The early DreamWorks Animation 3D titles didn't have Bonus Features on the BD. You had to use the DVD to watch the Bonus Features.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:42 PM   #4
levcore levcore is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
levcore's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
Worcester, UK
733
2
Default

The UK release of Amazing Spiderman and Men in Black 3 3D both have more extras, each having a nice little bit about 3D specifically (Spiderman's is better than the MIB one)
Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

3D FAN

Instagram: levcore

Steelbooks Looking to trade (unsealed): Green Lantern HMV Exclusive, Chronicle Play Exclusive, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1, Enders Game HMV Exclusive.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:58 PM   #5
jwerk jwerk is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
jwerk's Avatar
 
Nov 2010
Nakatomi Plaza
129
19
5
29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
The UK release of Amazing Spiderman and Men in Black 3 3D both have more extras, each having a nice little bit about 3D specifically (Spiderman's is better than the MIB one)
Yep, the US release too. (The Spiderman one, I mean. Not sure about MIB)
Yippee ki yay

Trade Thread
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:05 PM   #6
HD Goofnut HD Goofnut is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
HD Goofnut's Avatar
 
May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A. DigiBooks-------------------------->87 SteelBooks™--------->116 UV-------->245
36
1624
123
131
34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu-ray_girl_fan View Post
Cars 2 (Disney)
(2D does not have Bonus Features Disc)

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (Disney)
(2D does not have Bonus Features Disc)

Prometheus (Fox)
(2D does not have Bonus Features Disc)

Transformers: Dark of the Moon (Paramount)
(2D does not have Bonus Features Disc)

Underworld: Awakening (Sony)
(Previz Sequences, though some people feel that the 2D version is inferior to the 2D encode on the 2D-only disc)
That's not a feeling. That's a fact. So basically if you want the 2D and 3D versions in their best quality of Underworld: Awakening you have to buy the 3D/2D and 2D releases.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:06 PM   #7
blu-ray_girl_fan blu-ray_girl_fan is offline
Banned
 
Jun 2009
1
87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
The UK release of Amazing Spiderman and Men in Black 3 3D both have more extras, each having a nice little bit about 3D specifically (Spiderman's is better than the MIB one)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwerk View Post
Yep, the US release too. (The Spiderman one, I mean. Not sure about MIB)
Added. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Goofnut View Post
That's not a feeling. That's a fact. So basically if you want the 2D and 3D versions in their best quality of Underworld: Awakening you have to buy the 3D/2D and 2D releases.
Well, there're a lot of posts about this matter already. I don't want to rehash them here.

Last edited by blu-ray_girl_fan; 12-13-2012 at 01:12 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:39 AM   #8
blu-ray_girl_fan blu-ray_girl_fan is offline
Banned
 
Jun 2009
1
87
Default

Kinda confused...the review for Resident Evil: Retribution mentions that the 3D release has a few more extras than the 2D release, but as far as I can tell, the Bonus Features are the same other than the fact that some of them are in 3D in the 3D release.

This isn't like The Amazing Spider-man and MIB3, where there are additional featurettes, right?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:45 AM   #9
GamerBoy14 GamerBoy14 is offline
Special Member
 
GamerBoy14's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
318
57
5
56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu-ray_girl_fan View Post
Kinda confused...the review for Resident Evil: Retribution mentions that the 3D release has a few more extras than the 2D release, but as far as I can tell, the Bonus Features are the same other than the fact that some of them are in 3D in the 3D release.

This isn't like The Amazing Spider-man and MIB3, where there are additional featurettes, right?
Correct.
PSN ID: GamerBoy14


VIZIO E420d-A0 42-inch 1080p 120Hz LED Smart 3D HDTV
250GB Slim PS3/500GB PS4
DirecTV Plus HR24 HD DVR
Sony HT-CT150 3D Sound Bar System
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:46 AM   #10
blu-ray_girl_fan blu-ray_girl_fan is offline
Banned
 
Jun 2009
1
87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerBoy14 View Post
Correct.
Thanks!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:46 AM   #11
GamerBoy14 GamerBoy14 is offline
Special Member
 
GamerBoy14's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
318
57
5
56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu-ray_girl_fan View Post
Thanks!
No problem.
PSN ID: GamerBoy14


VIZIO E420d-A0 42-inch 1080p 120Hz LED Smart 3D HDTV
250GB Slim PS3/500GB PS4
DirecTV Plus HR24 HD DVR
Sony HT-CT150 3D Sound Bar System
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:11 PM   #12
blu-ray_girl_fan blu-ray_girl_fan is offline
Banned
 
Jun 2009
1
87
Default

It looks like the trend continues with Life of Pi.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:28 PM   #13
jwerk jwerk is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
jwerk's Avatar
 
Nov 2010
Nakatomi Plaza
129
19
5
29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu-ray_girl_fan View Post
It looks like the trend continues with Life of Pi.
Nice I must've missed the news release on the front page last week; just went back and found it. I love 3d special features

Any chance those deleted scenes have Tobey Maguire?
Yippee ki yay

Trade Thread
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:33 AM   #14
blu-ray_girl_fan blu-ray_girl_fan is offline
Banned
 
Jun 2009
1
87
Default

Added Jurassic Park 3D.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:39 AM   #15
blu-ray_girl_fan blu-ray_girl_fan is offline
Banned
 
Jun 2009
1
87
Default

Has there been another release that qualifies for this list since April?
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:08 PM.