Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Martian (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Star Wars: Episodes IV-VI (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Universe: The Complete Series Megaset (Blu-ray)
$44.99
The Last Ship: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$24.27
In the Heart of the Sea (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Return of the Living Dead (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Gods of Egypt 3D (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Catch Me If You Can (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Expanse: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Witch (Blu-ray)
$16.99
The Revenant (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Spectre (Blu-ray)
$12.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 06-18-2015, 06:33 PM   #2961

Jul 2013

Sorry if this is grave digging but I was wondering about this set. I have The Good, The Bad, & the Ugly on DVD. Bought several years ago and it came with these neat poster cards and a write up on the movie by Roger Ebert. My question is: does the Blu-ray set come with these? Thanks in advanced!
Old 06-18-2015, 06:40 PM   #2962
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf-man View Post
Sorry if this is grave digging but I was wondering about this set. I have The Good, The Bad, & the Ugly on DVD. Bought several years ago and it came with these neat poster cards and a write up on the movie by Roger Ebert. My question is: does the Blu-ray set come with these? Thanks in advanced!
Nope
Old 06-19-2015, 08:38 AM   #2963
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2010
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf-man View Post
OK Tuco, no need to be sorry
Come on, we gotta make a robot or something! Do something! You’re Mr. Science! Make something!
Old 08-04-2015, 07:11 PM   #2964

Mar 2011

Quote:

This can't be right. How can a masterpiece be treated like this?
Old 09-25-2015, 01:09 PM   #2965

Oct 2010
Kelso

Is this set out of print? Nobody seems to have it in stock.

Edit: I ended up ordering it from the Amazon Marketplace from a seller called ocelotbooks. Hopefully I get it fine. Strange that Amazon and Zavvi don't have it in stock though.

Last edited by John The Grudge; 09-28-2015 at 10:08 AM.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:52 AM   #2966

Oct 2012

An old spanish "El Bueno, el Feo y el Malo" scan (VHS or DVD?) looks almost exactly like the new 4k scan (color timing is identical, just the blacks are a bit darker).
Old 10-07-2015, 12:33 PM   #2967

Jun 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred E. Neumann View Post
An old spanish "El Bueno, el Feo y el Malo" scan (VHS or DVD?) looks almost exactly like the new 4k scan (color timing is identical, just the blacks are a bit darker).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI5vByXyqHs
Interestingly: the Spanish credits seem to be based on the Italian ones (with Eli Wallach's and Lee Van Cleef's names before the film's title).
Pete
Old 02-11-2016, 12:12 PM   #2968

Oct 2012

Short clips of the italian 4k restorations of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, Fistful of Dollars, For a few Dollars more and Duck you S*cker.

https://www.facebook.com/SergioLeone/videos/234159396917152/
Thanks given by:
ckt (02-11-2016)
Old 02-11-2016, 01:23 PM   #2969

Nov 2013
O Fallon, Missouri

Wow, whens that gonna be available for purchase .
Old 02-11-2016, 01:46 PM   #2970

Oct 2013
McMurdo

Is there already a OUATITW 4K restoration?
Old 02-11-2016, 02:30 PM   #2971

Nov 2013
O Fallon, Missouri

Ya but the color has a yellow tint and orange this one looks like its more like the original movie intended to look without color manipulation.
Old 02-11-2016, 02:45 PM   #2972

Oct 2013
McMurdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PissedOffPeoN View Post
Ya but the color has a yellow tint and orange this one looks like its more like the original movie intended to look without color manipulation.
Can you link me to it? I can't find anything.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:09 PM   #2973

Dec 2011
Default The Man with No Name : The Sergio Leone Dollars Trilogy. Now w/ Remastered in...

Picked up the new 4K remaster of GBU. Holy Lord, I thought people were kidding. The color tint is wildly different. I don't know if the print was faded or some sort of filters were applied or what, but dear God. That said, it was nice of them to fix the correct damned mono track, and it does look a lot more film-like than the video-ish look of previous releases. But damn, it looks like the whole thing was shot with Mustard on the lens!

While I'd be excited about the new restorations, I'd be a little upset since I just a significant amount of money on import Blu-rays . Especially since most places won't buy my import discs when I want to sell them .

Last edited by hanshotfirst1138; 02-13-2016 at 02:49 AM.
Old 02-24-2016, 02:54 PM   #2974

Jan 2013

I have this and got around to finally checking it out the other day and while the picture looks sharper and the aspect ratio looks better I had some issues with it.

First of all, what is this yellow/teal look they gave it? I really do not like the look at all.

Second, still no 161 minute cut in HD and that makes me sad.

The audio has some terrible mixing and I hate how it has the mono mixed in with the new sound effects.

Technical issues aside and just adding what others have said I still love this movie.
Old 02-24-2016, 03:01 PM   #2975
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2014
France

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwithnoname86 View Post
I have this and got around to finally checking it out the other day and while the picture looks sharper and the aspect ratio looks better I had some issues with it.

First of all, what is this yellow/teal look they gave it? I really do not like the look at all.

Second, still no 161 minute cut in HD and that makes me sad.

The audio has some terrible mixing and I hate how it has the mono mixed in with the new sound effects.

Technical issues aside and just adding what others have said I still love this movie.
The 4K master of GBU was released/re-released with Original Mono.
Old 02-24-2016, 03:06 PM   #2976
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred E. Neumann View Post
Short clips of the italian 4k restorations of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, Fistful of Dollars, For a few Dollars more and Duck you S*cker.

https://www.facebook.com/SergioLeone/videos/234159396917152/
So ALL of the No Name Trilogy have 4K now? That's good. I think we only knew about Fistful of dollars before (and obviously Good Bad Ugly). Or at least For a Few Dollars more is news to me, as is Duck you Sucker.

Hopefully MGM does a final, ultimate UHD set for these - with original audio, all the extended cuts available, and with proper color timing (though the color timing in Good Bad and Ugly doesn't really bother me per se, the yellow tint probably needs to be dialed down a bit).

I guess I should think about unloading my existing editions of these.
Old 02-24-2016, 04:47 PM   #2977

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexIlDottore View Post
The 4K master of GBU was released/re-released with Original Mono.

I thought it was a mixdown of both the original mono and new sound effects?
Old 02-24-2016, 04:48 PM   #2978

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
So ALL of the No Name Trilogy have 4K now? That's good. I think we only knew about Fistful of dollars before (and obviously Good Bad Ugly). Or at least For a Few Dollars more is news to me, as is Duck you Sucker.

Hopefully MGM does a final, ultimate UHD set for these - with original audio, all the extended cuts available, and with proper color timing (though the color timing in Good Bad and Ugly doesn't really bother me per se, the yellow tint probably needs to be dialed down a bit).

I guess I should think about unloading my existing editions of these.

Only The Good The Bad and The Ugly is 4k. A Fistful of Dollars and For a Few Dollars More are still the same as the previous releases.
Old 02-24-2016, 05:04 PM   #2979
Special Member

Apr 2008

The clips in that video all look like they're from the existing masters, and GBU even looks like it's from the older Mondo master not the 4K one.
Old 02-24-2016, 05:19 PM   #2980
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2014
France

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwithnoname86 View Post
I thought it was a mixdown of both the original mono and new sound effects?
If your GBU disc has "V2" on the inner ring of the disc, you have the disc with original mono :

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackKnightStarman View Post
If you check my movie database either in my signature or on this site, I just purchased the trilogy and the single release from Oct.
I just checked both discs, and they are identical. Both have the original mono track on them. The newer 5.1 track is not mixed down on the trilogy pack I just purchased last week from Best Buy. It seems Fox has silently corrected and released corrected trilogies.
I would also note....when I changed discs, my machine recognized it as the same disc and asked if I wanted to continue where I left off.

Markings on the October released disc are...E40613-01H 9193 V2 on the inner ring of the disc.

Markings on the Trilogy disc I picked up last week are E40613-01H 9193 V2 on the inner ring of the disc. Yep, it is identical.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America