Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Pieces (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99
American Ultra (Blu-ray)
$10.00
The X-Files: The Collector's Set (Blu-ray)
$208.96
Xanadu (Blu-ray)
$9.99
3-D Rarities (Blu-ray)
$24.69
Goosebumps (Blu-ray)
$15.00
Howard the Duck (Blu-ray)
$9.99
*batteries not included (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Martian (Blu-ray)
$15.00
Sicario 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Strange Brew (Blu-ray)
$8.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 12-27-2015, 02:51 PM   #1641
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2013
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.J. View Post
With you on The Woman in Black 2 what a let down after the first. Some others

Birdman
Dumb and Dumber 2
Message in a Bottle
Batman and Robin
A Good Day to Die Hard
There Will be Blood
I mean, OK, maybe Birdman isn't everyone's style. I think it's brilliant, but whatever.

But how can anyone think that There Will Be Blood is one of the worst movies they've ever seen?! How is that even possible?
Best movies last 10 years: Carol, Birdman, Her, The Master, Melancholia, The Social Network, Inglorious Basterds, The Dark Knight, Assassination of Jesse James, The Prestige
Old 12-27-2015, 03:20 PM   #1642
Blu-ray Baron

Aug 2013
South Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post
I mean, OK, maybe Birdman isn't everyone's style. I think it's brilliant, but whatever.

But how can anyone think that There Will Be Blood is one of the worst movies they've ever seen?! How is that even possible?
Knew that one would bring some flak. I was hoping it would be really good and the film has some good performances but to me they were wasted on a boring movie. Had to force myself to finish watching it. Did like the documentary piece that was included on the disc.
Every man dies, not every man truly lives.
Old 12-27-2015, 03:28 PM   #1643
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2013
Michigan

Quote:
Knew that one would bring some flak. I was hoping it would be really good and the film has some good performances but to me they were wasted on a boring movie. Had to force myself to finish watching it. Did like the documentary piece that was included on the disc.
Fair enough.

I still don't get it. But fair enough.
Best movies last 10 years: Carol, Birdman, Her, The Master, Melancholia, The Social Network, Inglorious Basterds, The Dark Knight, Assassination of Jesse James, The Prestige
Old 12-27-2015, 05:53 PM   #1644
Special Member

May 2013
New Zealand

A year and a half since I last posted in this thread, and I still haven't seen anything worse than the dreaded Star Wars Holiday Special. Perhaps I never will.

Anyway, here's a few other movies I thought were really awful:

Paradise (1982) - saw this many years ago... Phoebe Cates makes it almost worth watching. Almost.

Skyline - I don't actually remember this all that well. Which is good, because I do remember how bad I thought it was while I was watching it.

Thunderbirds (2004) - because I love '60s Thunderbirds so much I'm probably harsher on this one than I should be, after all it is just a kids film. Still, I think it's a bad kids film.

Most disappointing film I've seen, in terms of contrasting how much I expected to like it with how much I ended up liking it, would probably be In Time. I was really, really looking forward to it, but when I finally watched it all I could think was "mediocre". A missed opportunity, that one.
... songs that cannot be sung, because the words have been forgotten...

... books that cannot be read, because some of the pages have been torn out...

... mornings nobody saw because everybody was sleeping...
Arnold Lobel, Owl At Home
Old 12-27-2015, 07:37 PM   #1645

Jul 2014
Illinois, USA

Quote:
I understand your feeling, but to put There Will Be Blood in the same list as Dumb and Dumber To? You even said it had good performances, so how could it be one of the worst movies you've seen?
blu ray wish list: The Pit (1981), Mausoleum (1983), Hello Mary Lou: Prom Night II (1987), Phantasm (1979), Rawhead Rex (1986), Xtro (1983), House (1986), The Suckling (1990), Krampus (2015)
Old 12-27-2015, 08:33 PM   #1646
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2010
New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Brannigan View Post
From the title, I though it had to do with stoners. I had pictured a movie where cities were besieged by stoners falling from the sky and eating all the cookies and chips.

I was sadly mistaken.
The only other time I mentioned this title, about 4 days ago had the exact same reaction...hah
Located slightly south of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch, wales

about 2 km's west of Eyjafjallajokull volcano!
Old 12-27-2015, 10:29 PM   #1647
Blu-ray Baron

Aug 2013
South Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp404 View Post
I understand your feeling, but to put There Will Be Blood in the same list as Dumb and Dumber To? You even said it had good performances, so how could it be one of the worst movies you've seen?
Had to make myself stay awake while watching it. On the performances they were good but to me they didn't have a good story to apply them to. For me the movie went nowhere. By putting it on my list with the others not saying one is better same or worse than the other. Just mean its on the list.
Old 12-27-2015, 10:31 PM   #1648
Blu-ray Baron

Aug 2013
South Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownBesideArch View Post
A year and a half since I last posted in this thread, and I still haven't seen anything worse than the dreaded Star Wars Holiday Special. Perhaps I never will.

Anyway, here's a few other movies I thought were really awful:

Paradise (1982) - saw this many years ago... Phoebe Cates makes it almost worth watching. Almost.

Skyline - I don't actually remember this all that well. Which is good, because I do remember how bad I thought it was while I was watching it.

Thunderbirds (2004) - because I love '60s Thunderbirds so much I'm probably harsher on this one than I should be, after all it is just a kids film. Still, I think it's a bad kids film.

Most disappointing film I've seen, in terms of contrasting how much I expected to like it with how much I ended up liking it, would probably be In Time. I was really, really looking forward to it, but when I finally watched it all I could think was "mediocre". A missed opportunity, that one.
Kids and me tried the SW Holiday Special this year after five minutes couldn't take any more.
Old 12-27-2015, 11:51 PM   #1649
Special Member

May 2013
New Zealand

Quote:
Kids and me tried the SW Holiday Special this year after five minutes couldn't take any more.
Yep. It's a whole order of magnitude worse than every other film I've ever seen. I watched it for a joke, and also just to be able to say that I had watched it, and it's an experience I'll have to live with for the rest of my life. *shudder*
... songs that cannot be sung, because the words have been forgotten...

... books that cannot be read, because some of the pages have been torn out...

... mornings nobody saw because everybody was sleeping...
Arnold Lobel, Owl At Home
Old 12-27-2015, 11:55 PM   #1650
Blu-ray Baron

Aug 2013
South Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownBesideArch View Post
Yep. It's a whole order of magnitude worse than every other film I've ever seen. I watched it for a joke, and also just to be able to say that I had watched it, and it's an experience I'll have to live with for the rest of my life. *shudder*
I kept wondering what were they thinking.
Old 12-28-2015, 03:02 AM   #1651
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2014

Quote:
With you on The Woman in Black 2 what a let down after the first. Some others

Birdman
Dumb and Dumber 2
Message in a Bottle
Batman and Robin
A Good Day to Die Hard
There Will be Blood
I enjoyed the first Woman in Black film a lot so I was really looking forward to the sequel. Wish I had never seen it lol.

Also remember a few more:

Catwoman
The Visitor
The Devil Inside
The Possession
Annabelle
The Quiet Ones
Old 12-28-2015, 03:53 AM   #1652
Blu-ray Baron

Aug 2013
South Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkness2918 View Post
I enjoyed the first Woman in Black film a lot so I was really looking forward to the sequel. Wish I had never seen it lol.

Also remember a few more:

Catwoman
The Visitor
The Devil Inside
The Possession
Annabelle
The Quiet Ones
Catwoman was so bad what a dud. The Happening was bad one to, wait was it the Happening or The Nothing Happening.
Old 12-28-2015, 02:58 PM   #1653
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2013
Scotland

I saw THIS IS THE END last night and absolutely HATED it.
Old 12-28-2015, 10:52 PM   #1654
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markgway View Post
I saw THIS IS THE END last night and absolutely HATED it.
I hate that movie. Nowhere near the worst I've ever seen, but considering I like most of the cast, I really despised the whole film. I'd never watch it again, for sure.
WTB: Videodrome: Arrow Exclusive LE
Please message me if you're selling!
Old 12-28-2015, 11:12 PM   #1655
Power Member

Nov 2013
-
-
-

I now pronounce you chuck and larry
~RANKING 2015 FILMS~
Old 12-28-2015, 11:18 PM   #1656

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadset View Post
Battlefield Earth was probably the worst, nothing could save this. I'm real tempted to buy the riff trak and rent the movie just to see if the MST3k vets could save it. Or buy it for 0.10 on amazon
That was the only movie that I had watched that someone had downloaded through a torrent sight. I felt sitting through the entire thing was punishment enough! It's my go-to worst flick ever!

That and Nothing But Trouble with Dan Akroyd. I stayed for the entire film then too (in a movie theater)...must have been childhood Catholic guilt making me feel I needed to be punished for something!

And anything by M Night Shyamalan. It was a fool me once (Sixth Sense) shame on you with that ending I saw about 10 minutes in, fool me twice (Unbreakable) shame on me thing that I won't ever repeat!
Dr. Adulphus Bedlo

Last edited by Dr_Bedlo; 12-28-2015 at 11:29 PM.
Old 12-29-2015, 12:05 AM   #1657
Special Member

Apr 2015
The Netherlands

War Horse, urgh.
Top 10: (1) Blade Runner (2) Aliens (3) The Thing '82 (4) The Shining (5) Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (6) My Neigbor Totoro (7) Monty Python and The Holy Grail (8) Evil Dead 2 (9) Stalker (10) Avalon
Old 12-29-2015, 12:20 AM   #1658
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2013
Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewerepuppygrr View Post
I hate that movie. Nowhere near the worst I've ever seen, but considering I like most of the cast, I really despised the whole film. I'd never watch it again, for sure.
Actually, I hated most of the cast before I saw the movie, so that probably didn't help...
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies