Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Universe: The Complete Series Megaset (Blu-ray)
$44.99
The Martian (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Last Ship: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$24.27
War & Peace (Blu-ray)
$24.99
In the Heart of the Sea (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Star Wars: Episodes IV-VI (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Gods of Egypt 3D (Blu-ray)
$26.99
The Expanse: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Kung Fu Panda 3 (Blu-ray)
$19.96
The Witch (Blu-ray)
$16.99
The Revenant (Blu-ray)
$14.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 10-04-2015, 01:23 PM   #741
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmmusic View Post
I'm waiting for a box set of the first 3 movies.
I would buy the Scandinavian pack
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Karate...lu-ray/121509/
but

1) I don't like the cover, and it incorrectly shows an image from Next Karate Kid.
2) I'd like to see first if USA gets new Blurays with better quality.

have we heard anything of 4K remasters?
Oh no... not the Superman Anthology discussion all over again. Please don't.
HT EQUIPMENT: Sony Bravia KDL-52W3000, Onkyo 805, B&W M-1s & AS-2 Sub, 60GB PS3, Toshiba HD-A2

FOR SALE/TRADE THREAD: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=55884
Old 10-04-2015, 01:59 PM   #742
Expert Member

Oct 2013
S.E. Michigan
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman73 View Post
KK 2010 has nothing to do with the other 4 which at least have Miyagi in them... that would be like placing all movie reboots together with the older ones since they share the "same name" of the movie. I can understand the four being in a set, but not KK2010... flawed logic and nothing delusional about it.
YOUR reasoning is perfectly sound. It's just my personal preference that sets include ALL installments to date. Halloween, Friday the 13th, and others include all movies, regardless of continuity. If Sony released a 1 - 4 set, I'd buy it.

The other guy said that there are only 4 movies, which is patently and demonstrably untrue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petra_Kalbrain View Post
Not trying to start anything (honest!), but this is another good example of how I like my sets: Complete. Isn't Returns a sequel to the first two anyway? Or more of an homage / loose continuation?
For sale: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD in Target exclusive fold-out digipak packaging. MINT, like new, still partially shrink-wrapped. Includes digital code from standard edition; NOT with Target-exclusive content. Asking $15 SHIPPED OBO. PayPal only. Contact via PM!
Old 10-04-2015, 02:01 PM   #743
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2010

Quote:
I don't see what's wrong wanting some particular movies and not others that I'm gonna never watch.
Fortunately here, we have a box set of the 3movies (albeit with a wrong cover) and also I can buy the individual releases if I want.
Most wanted Blurays: All classic Disney animation films restored to their original look and colors (with grain), Raintree County, Star Wars OT, Spacecamp, Spacehunter: adventures in the forbidden zone, Maurice, Explorers, No Mercy, Runaway, Mayerling, Supergirl, True Lies, Abyss, King Solomon's Mines, The Philadelphia Experiment (1984), Who's that Girl, Madonna Blond Ambition Tour
Foreign films: Sissi Trilogy, Death in Venice, Raise the Red Lantern, Cyrano, Indochine, Cavafy (1996)
Old 10-04-2015, 02:33 PM   #744
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillamon51 View Post
Not trying to start anything (honest!), but this is another good example of how I like my sets: Complete. Isn't Returns a sequel to the first two anyway? Or more of an homage / loose continuation?
You have my perspective backwards. I agree with you. However, filmmusic... well... let's just say that filmmusic does not agree with you.
HT EQUIPMENT: Sony Bravia KDL-52W3000, Onkyo 805, B&W M-1s & AS-2 Sub, 60GB PS3, Toshiba HD-A2

Old 10-04-2015, 02:42 PM   #745
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2010

Quote:
You have my perspective backwards. I agree with you. However, filmmusic... well... let's just say that filmmusic does not agree with you.
well, reading the previous page, it seems other people too don't agree (at least for the 2010 movie), so I'm not the only one!
Most wanted Blurays: All classic Disney animation films restored to their original look and colors (with grain), Raintree County, Star Wars OT, Spacecamp, Spacehunter: adventures in the forbidden zone, Maurice, Explorers, No Mercy, Runaway, Mayerling, Supergirl, True Lies, Abyss, King Solomon's Mines, The Philadelphia Experiment (1984), Who's that Girl, Madonna Blond Ambition Tour
Foreign films: Sissi Trilogy, Death in Venice, Raise the Red Lantern, Cyrano, Indochine, Cavafy (1996)
Old 10-04-2015, 04:57 PM   #746
Special Member

Jul 2009

when Disney re-releases Star Wars in a new box set, I'm only buying it if it has IV, V, VI, and III. If it includes I and II forget it. I don't like those and I'd rather just not have any of them instead.

Old 10-04-2015, 06:09 PM   #747
Suspended

Aug 2009
Watsonville, California

Quote:
I don't see what's wrong wanting some particular movies and not others that I'm gonna never watch.
Fortunately here, we have a box set of the 3movies (albeit with a wrong cover) and also I can buy the individual releases if I want.
Custom cover maybe or is it housed in a slipbox or a 3-Disc case?
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorheadache95 View Post
when Disney re-releases Star Wars in a new box set, I'm only buying it if it has IV, V, VI, and III. If it includes I and II forget it. I don't like those and I'd rather just not have any of them instead.

Oh buoy.
[Show spoiler]

I'm honestly hoping Sony will have a 4K Remaster for Parts I-III with their Supreme Cinema Series line, that way we'll get all features but regular cases. Or just remastered anyway and not part of the imprint which GHOSTBUSTERS I & II double feature have done.
[Show spoiler]Though I consider GHOSTBUSTERS II should've had all legacy features made during the shooting of it and more.

Last edited by Ray_Rogers; 10-04-2015 at 06:13 PM.
Old 10-04-2015, 06:24 PM   #748
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorheadache95 View Post

I see what you did there...

and I like it!

Old 01-11-2016, 11:47 PM   #749
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2008
The Southland

Considering Sony holds the distribution rights to this series and the fact that Bad Boys I & II just got 4K remasters. I wonder if an eventual release of the four films with maybe the 4K prints of 1 & 2 with 2 & 4 getting 2K prints may happen.
Old 01-12-2016, 07:25 AM   #750

Feb 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guydowood View Post
4K prints of 1 & 2 with 2 & 4 getting 2K prints may happen.
I'm being picky here but "prints" probably isn't the appropriate term when it comes to "digital" versions.
Old 03-06-2016, 05:39 AM   #751
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2010

no III yet in USA.
i would buy the German blurays but something tells me that when i do this, new restorations/remasters will be announced!

by the way, it seems the 3rd movie has been "MATRIX-ed"! (i knew i didn't like something)

bluray vs. hdtv
[Show spoiler]

Last edited by filmmusic; 03-06-2016 at 05:47 AM.
Old 03-07-2016, 07:01 AM   #752

Feb 2013

Quote:
no III yet in USA.
i would buy the German blurays but something tells me that when i do this, new restorations/remasters will be announced!

by the way, it seems the 3rd movie has been "MATRIX-ed"! (i knew i didn't like something)

bluray vs. hdtv
[Show spoiler]

Yeah I much prefer the warmer tones of the DVD and this HDTV version (likely from the same master)...
Thanks given by:
filmmusic (03-07-2016)
Old 03-07-2016, 08:45 PM   #753
Expert Member

Sep 2009
Florida

I think you guys are waiting in vain. If you're like me and didn't have any of these on Blu, the Scand 1-3 set is the way to go.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Karate-Kid-Collection-Region-Free/dp/B00NKB778Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1457383410&sr=8-1&keywords=karate+kid+1-3

And I could be wrong, but isn't Karate Kid 1 and 2 already in 4K? 3 looks pretty great as well, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's 2K.
Old 03-07-2016, 09:02 PM   #754
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post

And I could be wrong, but isn't Karate Kid 1 and 2 already in 4K? 3 looks pretty great as well, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's 2K.
i saw at the 4k list thread, that only 1 is.
i would get the scandinavian one but my ocd doesn't permit me to get this trilogy box with an image from the 4th movie on the cover!
Old 03-08-2016, 06:44 AM   #755

Feb 2013

I think it's the remake that's in 4K...
Old 03-08-2016, 02:09 PM   #756
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry_Dam View Post
I think it's the remake that's in 4K...
this list here includes the first film too. but i don't know where did they get the info.
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=218262
Old 03-08-2016, 05:47 PM   #757

Jan 2015

Quote:
this list here includes the first film too. but i don't know where did they get the info.
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=218262
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread....6#post11815316
Thanks given by:
filmmusic (03-08-2016)
Old 03-09-2016, 08:45 AM   #758

Feb 2013

In any case it's not available to buy...
Old 03-23-2016, 02:13 PM   #759
Special Member

May 2007
Acworth, GA
Send a message via AIM to Croweyes1121

Can anyone here who has Part II and Part III confirm that the title logo for each film is oddly pixelated on both films? The rest of the credits look fine, but it's like the logos themselves weren't anti-aliased properly or something on my copy. Anyone else have this on their discs?
"There are three types of people in this world: those who can count and those who can't".
http://smallvillesoundtrack.com
Old 03-23-2016, 02:23 PM   #760
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croweyes1121 View Post
Can anyone here who has Part II and Part III confirm that the title logo for each film is oddly pixelated on both films? The rest of the credits look fine, but it's like the logos themselves weren't anti-aliased properly or something on my copy. Anyone else have this on their discs?
what release did you get? German? Scandinavian? another one?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America