Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Americans: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49
The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning / The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Charade (Blu-ray)
$9.96

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 11-10-2012, 03:32 PM   #1

Aug 2012
Default Why do we not get 3d trailers anymore?

Every movie i have bought recently has no trailers on the 3d disc, why is this? not enough movies to preview? i doubt that space is the reason....
Old 11-10-2012, 06:24 PM   #2
Expert Member

Apr 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Ryder_2012 View Post
Every movie i have bought recently has no trailers on the 3d disc, why is this? not enough movies to preview? i doubt that space is the reason....
Like what? It depends on the studio. I have noticed no shortage. Fox,Sony & Disney seem to do it most.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:15 PM   #3

Aug 2012

Transformers, Abe lincoln, The avengers, captain america, prometheus, pirahna 3dd, i dont remember if priest had any

The only ones that have had them where underworld awakening, resident evil afterlife and ghost rider
Old 11-10-2012, 07:28 PM   #4
Expert Member

Apr 2012

Quote:
Transformers, Abe lincoln, The avengers, captain america, prometheus, pirahna 3dd, i dont remember if priest had any

The only ones that have had them where underworld awakening, resident evil afterlife and ghost rider
The last 3 are sony titles, 3 of your ones without are paramount, one a small independent company and Im suprised with Prometheus, that is fox and i was sure it has a continue your 3D journey link, like the other fox titles (I Robot)..
Old 11-10-2012, 08:39 PM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA
Thumbs up

Quote:
Here's the thing I noticed. Most movies, unlike back in the day, no longer include the trailer for the movie on the disc. If they do include 3D previews, it's for other movies, which is good, but sometimes the only way to get the trailer is to find it by luck on another film.

The trailer for Blade I was great, and thankfully was on the New Line Cinema release. That is a rare thing these days. I'm glad you brought this point up.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:48 PM   #6
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2011
Youngstown, Ohio

The Underworld: Awakening 3D blu-ray has four 3D trailers at the very beginning of the disc.

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, Resident Evil: Retribution, MIB3 and The Amazing Spider-Man.

Each one of those trailers, has reference quality picture and plenty of room shaking
/wall rattling deep powerful bass.
I use those trailers and the first appearance of the Super Lycan, in the movie, to demo
my HT system for friends and family.
Sharp Aquos 80" LED 3D HDTV
Sony BDP-S790 3D Blu-Ray Player
Onkyo TX-NR5010 9.2 Channel Network Receiver
Tekton Pendragon Tower Speaker x 2
Tekton Pendragon Center Speaker
Tekton Pendragon Monitor Speaker x 4
SVS SB13-Ultra Subwoofer x 6
Old 11-15-2012, 10:36 PM   #7
Suspended

Jul 2007
The Paradise of New England

Me, I just wish Disney would give us a few more on their disks, and STOP showing us "Planes".

(When it showed up on Secret of the Wings, I breathed a sigh of relief that at least we wouldn't be seeing a Secret of the Wings trailer. )
Old 11-16-2012, 12:54 AM   #8

Feb 2012
Missouri, USA

I've noticed on the past few 3dbr I've purchased, there is an option in the top right of the menu called "continue your 3d journey", this is where you'll find some previews. Prometheus for example had this, the previews were I.robot and the 3d release of Avatar.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:15 PM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Trailers highlight the story or best moments in a short burst of action.

I'd be interested to hear how many people prefer to have the film's trailer included with the film bought on the same disc?

Vote: 1. Anyone else feel this way about the movie's original trailer? The recent trend for movie studios is to exclude the cinema trailer on most video releases. I think it's a bad idea.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:49 PM   #10

Jul 2010

I prefer to have the actual Blurays movies trailers on the same disc and any other future movie trailers too. Prometheus 2/G 3D Trailer is on the Bonus disc.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:13 AM   #11
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by axledentaldj View Post
I prefer to have the actual Blurays movies trailers on the same disc and any other future movie trailers too. Prometheus 2/G 3D Trailer is on the Bonus disc.
Good to hear, thanks.

I'm thinking it's a bad marketing strategy by the studios to offer the film's trailer on another movie's disc in the hopes we'll somehow discover which other blu ray 3D movie has the actual intended film's trailer on it.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:33 AM   #12
Expert Member

Sep 2011
Galveston, TX

I love seeing first glimpse Blu-ray quality previews for upcoming 3D in other movies. Don't really care if they include the trailer for the actual movie that you are purchasing though. Why would I watch the trailer when I already own the movie? More power to you though if you enjoy it as a summary highlight reel.
Vizio E3D420VX, 160GB PS3, Sony MDR-DS7500 Headphones
Old 11-20-2012, 02:04 AM   #13
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange11 View Post
I love seeing first glimpse Blu-ray quality previews for upcoming 3D in other movies. Don't really care if they include the trailer for the actual movie that you are purchasing though. Why would I watch the trailer when I already own the movie? More power to you though if you enjoy it as a summary highlight reel.
It's more of a collectible than anything, and there's little reason they can't include it on the original movie's disc, but for some reason, they choose not to most of the time.

The main reason I enjoy the trailer, is to relive the moment I saw it in theaters for the first time, like the upcoming "The Hobbit" 3D.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:56 AM   #14

Nov 2012

Offcourse we still get previews ... i am having 4 3d Blurays and all of them have trailers.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:47 AM   #15
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Dredd 3D featured a trailer I haven't seen before on the same disc. Really cool trailer that inspires me to watch the movie again without having to access the scenes menu.

Too bad it's the 2D trailer, and not in 3D.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies