Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Taken 3 (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (Blu-ray)
$19.99
American Horror Story: Asylum (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Rose (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Fantastic Mr. Fox (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Parts 1 & 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole / Hugo (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$24.48
Watership Down (Blu-ray)
$22.98
Sullivanís Travels (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Clash of the Titans 3D / Wrath of the Titans 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Royal Tenenbaums (Blu-ray)
$19.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 02-09-2015, 11:23 PM   #1041
Expert Member

Mar 2013
The Deep South

I don't know if any of you remember the Sleepaway camp box set that came out on dvd a few years back, but a good friend of mine barrowed it for a Halloween movie night he was having. I got the discs back all in good shape but the box they were in was gone. He said someone spilled beer on it and it was thrown away. I learned my lesson then.
My Gear:
TV: Sharp 60 Inch Aquos.
Player: PS4
Receiver: Yamaha RX-A720 7.2-Channel Network AVENTAGE AV Receiver.

Member of the BDC
Old 02-09-2015, 11:36 PM   #1042

Dec 2014
Paris of the Pacific

No I don't.. I used to loan DVDs but they never came back so no way I am going to loan BD. Besides others never take care of stuff that isn't theirs the way you would want them taken care of. I don't know how many times I would go to my friends place and there is discs out of the case laying around everywhere then you say something and it always a who cares kind of attitude.
Seattle Mariners 33 Days until Opening Day l Dallas Mavericks 39-22 l Duke Blue Devils (3) 26-3 l Dallas Cowboys 12-4 2014 NFC East Champions

"This is your life and its ending one minute at a time" - Narrator

Member of the BDC
Thanks given by:
cramped_misfit1990 (02-09-2015), TaxiTodd (02-10-2015)
Old 02-09-2015, 11:48 PM   #1043

Nov 2012
Almost Heaven

To friends...generally, no.

To family members...I usually will. I'll loan out the DVD to my parents or sister if it's a combo pack. If there is no DVD, I'll put the disk in an extra case and let them take it home with them.
Let's Go Mountaineers!
Old 02-10-2015, 02:50 AM   #1044
Special Member

Oct 2012
Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba_Hotep View Post
I don't know if any of you remember the Sleepaway camp box set that came out on dvd a few years back, but a good friend of mine barrowed it for a Halloween movie night he was having. I got the discs back all in good shape but the box they were in was gone. He said someone spilled beer on it and it was thrown away. I learned my lesson then.
Sort of the same situation for me as well. Lent a couple of my DVDs (this was a while ago) to a friend. He left the films in the back seat of his car and left the window cracked open a bit. Well, it rained and the discs got wet. Ruined the cover art for both films. After that I stopped loaning out any of my films and I have no problem telling anyone that asks to borrow a film no.

If I don't sell a digital copy on this website I will usually give them to my brother though but that is about as far as I will go.
The Dude: Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. -The Big Lebowski (1998)
Old 02-10-2015, 02:54 AM   #1045
Power Member

Jun 2014
Melbourne Australia

No because I never know when I will watch that movie

For example I'm in the mood to watch movie x and can't because I lent it to someone

I'm very random
Pee-Wee Herman: I don't have to see it Dottie, I lived it
Old 02-10-2015, 02:56 AM   #1046
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2013
South Carolina

To my family yes. Very few select friends, may be wrong of me but I've told them if they mess it up they buy it. Only trouble had was when one friend spilled motor oil on my Fight Club dvd. He was good tho and replaced it.
Every man Dies, not every man really lives.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America