COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best PS3 Deals

Top PS3 Deals, Cheap PS3 Games!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Injustice: Gods Among Us (PS3)
$19.99
Injustice (PS3)
$19.99
Tales of Symphonia Chronicles (PS3)
$19.99
Battlefield 4 (PS3)
$28.55
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
$29.99
Batman: Arkham Origins (PS3)
$19.95
NCAA Football 14 (PS3)
$29.96
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX (PS3)
$19.99
Dark Souls II (PS3)
$29.99
The Walking Dead (PS3)
$19.99
Tales of Xillia (PS3)
$19.99
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PS3)
$70.65
Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 (PS3)
$19.99
Earth Defense Force 2025 (PS3)
$19.99
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3)
$19.99
Sleeping Dogs (PS3)
$13.10
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (PS3)
$19.99
Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS3)
$20.88
Saints Row IV (PS3)
$19.96

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Old 06-12-2013, 01:18 PM   #61
Special Member

Apr 2008
San Antonio

PS Plus was created as an incentive for those to get free stuff; since it costs money to get plus (except for that one month where we all got hacked and got it for free), I just haven't seen the real value

For myself, when PS4 hits and PLUS is required for online games I won't mind as long as:

ONLINE security increased similar to LIVE
Most games use dedicated servers with proper localization
faster updates - none of this 4pm crap
Oh, I'm special alright!!!!
Old 06-12-2013, 01:48 PM   #62
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

FYI,

North America just got Uncharted 3, Little Big Planet Karting, and XCOM free for PS Plus subcribers
Praise single player gaming! Compelling stories, memorable characters, beautiful and interesting universes, and not one single a$$hole yelling at me about how they fu_ _ ed my mother.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:52 PM   #63
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2012
London
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petra_Kalbrain View Post
I'm of the same mindset, except that over the last year that 90% you mention has slowly eeked its way to about 78%. Nevertheless, once my PS4 is in hand, yearly subscription activated!
yeah im not really into downloading and too be honest I dont buy loads of games so it kinda sucks to have to pay but I do like the option of online even if I dont use it all that much
Old 06-12-2013, 06:24 PM   #64

Jul 2007
San Antonio

Am I hearing correctly that inorder to play online with PS4 i'll need to sign up for PS+? Games such as Madden, LPB??
San Antonio, Tx
PS3
Yamaha FG700S
Yamaha CG142C
Old 06-12-2013, 06:55 PM   #65
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag2007 View Post
Am I hearing correctly that inorder to play online with PS4 i'll need to sign up for PS+? Games such as Madden, LPB??
Yes thats right.

Although not all games will require it.

Examples given for games that will work without it were Planetside to and DCUO.

Things like leaderboards or time trials set in racing games, won't need PS+ but MP as we know it versus other humans in real time will require PS+.

But for $39.99 a year as well as free games across Vita PS3 and PS4 it's a bargain.
My PSN Trophy Card | PS4 Tips, Tricks & Fixes
List of BD Movies That Have PS3 Themes
Pre-orders:Evangelion 3.33|Gurren Lagann: Ultimate Edition|Mai Mai Miracle|The Place Promised in Our Early Days|009 RE:CYBORG 3D CE|
PS4|PS3 12gb Slim(1TB SATA HDD)|LG 42LW650T 3D LED|Toshiba BDX3100 (Multi-Region3D Player)|ONKYO HTX-22HD 5.1|Bush BFSAT01HD Freesat HD Box.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:22 PM   #66

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt S View Post
PS Plus was created as an incentive for those to get free stuff; since it costs money to get plus (except for that one month where we all got hacked and got it for free), I just haven't seen the real value

For myself, when PS4 hits and PLUS is required for online games I won't mind as long as:

ONLINE security increased similar to LIVE
Most games use dedicated servers with proper localization
faster updates - none of this 4pm crap
I've had Playstation Plus for the past few months and I've loved! I got Sleeping Dogs and Spec Ops The Line for free and really liked both of them. I have about 5 other games I haven't even started yet and a bunch a Vita games (including Uncharted) for free too. I still have 12 months left in my membership and I've already gotten way over the $50 I paid. But I do agree, if they are putting online play behind a Playstation Plus pay wall, dedicated servers are a must for almost every online game. Microsoft does it and Sony should too. Uncharted 4 on dedicated servers has the potential to be glorious!
Check out the NSFW teaser trailer for my new movie "Dangerous People" https://vimeo.com/56673539

Also check me out on the most recent Midnight Movie Cowboys Podcast episode where we review Anchorman 2 at their website http://www.midnightmoviecowboys.com/...0/anchorman-2/ or on Itunes https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ys/id395474982
Old 06-12-2013, 07:52 PM   #67
Blu-ray Count

Nov 2007
8 1 8 Biatch!! L.A.

So I just got my psn plus card today, so free games are put up and then get taken away right? So I should download free games If I want to have them in collection at a later time (Say I delete the game to make room, I can redownload when I want it back)
I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened...

*50" Panasonic Viera Plasma 1080p TH-50PZ80U*Onkyo TX-SR606*Harmony 880*PS3 Slim(BDs/Media streaming)*Launch 60GB PS3(Gaming)*

Twitter: @Bizdady
PSN ID: Bizdady
Old 06-12-2013, 08:18 PM   #68
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Larsmont, Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizdady View Post
So I just got my psn plus card today, so free games are put up and then get taken away right? So I should download free games If I want to have them in collection at a later time (Say I delete the game to make room, I can redownload when I want it back)
You don't need to download it today. Just put it in your download list. It will force you to start the download, but you can abort, and it will stay in your list of downloads, then you should be able to download it later, as long as you are PS+ member.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:21 PM   #69
Blu-ray Count

Nov 2007
8 1 8 Biatch!! L.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteinhauer View Post
You don't need to download it today. Just put it in your download list. It will force you to start the download, but you can abort, and it will stay in your list of downloads, then you should be able to download it later, as long as you are PS+ member.
Perfect! Just what I was thinking. Guess ill get back to finishing up Uncharted 3 this weekend
I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened...

*50" Panasonic Viera Plasma 1080p TH-50PZ80U*Onkyo TX-SR606*Harmony 880*PS3 Slim(BDs/Media streaming)*Launch 60GB PS3(Gaming)*

Old 06-12-2013, 08:21 PM   #70
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizdady View Post
Yeah you can download them again once it's gone from the instant game collection, it'll be in your download list.
My PSN Trophy Card | PS4 Tips, Tricks & Fixes
List of BD Movies That Have PS3 Themes
Pre-orders:Evangelion 3.33|Gurren Lagann: Ultimate Edition|Mai Mai Miracle|The Place Promised in Our Early Days|009 RE:CYBORG 3D CE|
PS4|PS3 12gb Slim(1TB SATA HDD)|LG 42LW650T 3D LED|Toshiba BDX3100 (Multi-Region3D Player)|ONKYO HTX-22HD 5.1|Bush BFSAT01HD Freesat HD Box.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:40 PM   #71
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2009
Middle TN
Send a message via AIM to nremdn

I'm not a big fan of Sony going to a pay-to-play online setup, but if that ensures dedicated servers for everything, I am willing to accept it. If I pay for online service, and have to play peer-to-peer again, I will not be a happy camper.
Mr. Beautiful Emotionally Handicapped
PSN: nremdn
Battlelog: nremdn
Pigeon Boys #01
Old 06-13-2013, 04:07 AM   #72
Blu-ray Count

Nov 2007
8 1 8 Biatch!! L.A.

So just got like 10 games (and some Vita games too just in case) lol mostly cancelled each download though. Just kept Uncharted 3 going and will probably put LIttle Big planet Karting on the kids ps3.

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3