Best DVD Deals

Best DVD Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Game of Thrones: The Complete Sixth Season (DVD)
$9.99
4 hrs ago
Deadpool 2 (DVD)
$17.96

Chappaquiddick (DVD)
$14.99

Bull: Season One (DVD)
$14.96

Moonlight in Vermont (DVD)
$9.96

Homeland: The Complete Sixth Season (DVD)
$9.99
2 hrs ago
The Leisure Seeker (DVD)
$14.96

Timeless: Season Two (DVD)
$27.34
19 hrs ago
The Beach House (DVD)
$9.96

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (DVD)
$9.99
7 hrs ago
A Wrinkle in Time (DVD)
$14.99

The Rider (DVD)
$14.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies

Old 12-03-2017, 09:25 PM   #181
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2012
Bedford Falls

Still a shame that Salute Your Shorts has been ignored except for some of the episodes available digitally on places like Amazon Video. To have the complete series on dvd from even a budget company like Mill Creek would be amazing at this point. This year was the 25th anniversary of the last season and could have been a decent enough time to release it. The show's probably mostly forgotten but it's one of my childhood favorites.

Last edited by meremortal; 12-03-2017 at 09:44 PM.
Thanks given by:
filmbuffTX (12-04-2017), PrestonXI (12-03-2017)
Old 12-03-2017, 09:44 PM   #182
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2011
Connecticut

Quote:
Originally Posted by meremortal View Post
Still a shame that Salute Your Shorts has been ignored except for some of the episodes available digitally on places like Amazon Video. To have the complete series on dvd from even a budget company like Mill Creek would be amazing at this point. This year was the 25th anniversary of the last season and could have been a decent enough time to release it. The show's probably mostly forgotten but it's one of my childhood favorites.
I would love to watch the "Zeke the Plumber" episode again!
"A lust for Blu-rays keeps us alive."

HD Digital Codes For Sale (PM me): Die Hard, It Follows, Nocturnal Animals
Thanks given by:
meremortal (12-03-2017), UUUUGGGGHHHH (12-04-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 05:27 PM   #183
Power Member

Aug 2010

I want to talk a little bit more about Drake & Josh.

How come all the episodes aren’t even available for digital purchase? Looking on Amazon Video, season 1 (for example), you can buy every episode but the Pilot and “Dune Buggy”. It says “this video is currently unavailable to watch in your location”. Is this because of music rights or something? I know not every episode is available for streaming on Hulu either. Season 2 is missing a handful of episodes too.

As for DVDs, what actually came out in the U.S.? Film Aficionado shows the “Suddenly Brothers” disc with the first four episodes, the Go Hollywood movie, and two Best Of sets; seasons 1 and 2 and seasons 3 and 4. It doesn’t list the Merry Christmas, Drake & Josh movie though. Is there anything else left out?

I love the show and would love to own as much as possible. I’m kicking myself for missing out on the Best Of releases (which aren’t ideal, but better than nothing). Considering just going digital on Amazon though. I wish they’d just put out a complete series DVD set, I’m surprised that hasn’t happened.

Last edited by rexcrk; 12-04-2017 at 05:35 PM.
Old 12-05-2017, 06:27 PM   #184

Aug 2014
Orlando

Airbender books 1-3 have been uploaded to iTunes in HD. Hopefully a blu-ray release is coming!
Old 12-20-2017, 01:17 AM   #185
Expert Member

Mar 2016
Don't worry about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meremortal View Post
Salute Your Shorts isn't forgotten. They still make merchandise for the show. They just never released DVDs for some reason. But that doesn't make it forgotten. Clarissa, only got the first season released. And Pete and Pete, only got the first two seasons released. Now shows like Welcome Freshmen, and Don't Just Sit There; those are completely forgotten.
Nina, this is my house, you work for me, and I want to suck your toes. -Arthur Herk
Old 02-19-2018, 08:00 PM   #186
Power Member

Aug 2010

I just popped in Rugrats season 3 and it still has the same issue that seasons 1 and 2 have.. playing the end credits and the end of each (11-minute) episode lol.

Fortunately it doesn’t play the opening theme before each episode too at least.

Not that this should dissuade anyone from buying these, but it just seems like an odd decision.. that they probably put more time into lol.
Old 02-20-2018, 10:07 PM   #187

Aug 2010
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexcrk View Post
I just popped in Rugrats season 3 and it still has the same issue that seasons 1 and 2 have.. playing the end credits and the end of each (11-minute) episode lol.

Fortunately it doesn’t play the opening theme before each episode too at least.
How often is the opening sequence shown now? every two episodes like on TV, or just a single time per disc?
Old 02-20-2018, 10:38 PM   #188
Power Member

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirben View Post
How often is the opening sequence shown now? every two episodes like on TV, or just a single time per disc?
Every two episodes.

So it plays like this;
>opening theme
>episode
>credits
>next episode
>credits again

And repeat.
Thanks given by:
Kirben (02-22-2018)
Old 02-21-2018, 10:54 PM   #189

Oct 2016
Central California

Just got my copy of The Secret World of Alex Mack (complete series) from Mill Creek. It's not the best quality video, but it's watchable. I'm not sure what could be done in terms of remastering, but it'd be nice to see a better-quality version of this show. I'm just happy to finally have a copy of the entire show. I had a mad crush on Larisa Oleynik when I was a kid.

"Can't a guy take a dumper in peace?"
Sony 48" LED | Sony 7.1 Sound Bar | Oppo UDP-203 | Apple TV 4K
My Funko POP! Collection

Old 02-22-2018, 05:41 PM   #190

Jan 2015

Does anybody know why Nickelodeon/Paramount/Amazon hasn't produced any MOD DVDs in almost three years? I'm glad Nick is releasing Rugrats in retail, but what might've caused them to completely stop producing the MODs, besides poor sales?
Old 02-22-2018, 06:22 PM   #191
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2016

DVD-Rs are more likely to stop working with surfacey smudges or scratches, it's possible that somebody decided that the format wasn't a good fit for stuff being marketed to children.
Old 02-22-2018, 08:48 PM   #192

Jan 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguamguy View Post
DVD-Rs are more likely to stop working with surfacey smudges or scratches, it's possible that somebody decided that the format wasn't a good fit for stuff being marketed to children.
I guess that makes sense, but at the same time, DVD-R releases seem like the less risky option. If, theoretically, Nickelodeon were to release the 42 episodes of All That that are on streaming platforms in a "Best Of" set or two, I'd buy it whether it was in stores or on Amazon, but I don't know if it would be a huge retail seller.
Old 02-22-2018, 11:16 PM   #193
Power Member

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaun6899 View Post
Does anybody know why Nickelodeon/Paramount/Amazon hasn't produced any MOD DVDs in almost three years? I'm glad Nick is releasing Rugrats in retail, but what might've caused them to completely stop producing the MODs, besides poor sales?
I guess there’s just no need to. They probably realized there’s a market for these in the general retail market, no sense in continuing with inferior MOD releases.

Now if they’d just do Doug...
Old 02-23-2018, 07:44 AM   #194

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaun6899 View Post
I guess that makes sense, but at the same time, DVD-R releases seem like the less risky option. If, theoretically, Nickelodeon were to release the 42 episodes of All That that are on streaming platforms in a "Best Of" set or two, I'd buy it whether it was in stores or on Amazon, but I don't know if it would be a huge retail seller.
I'm genuinely sorry that Shout never tried to get All That or any of the Nickelodeon shows with music rights issues. The shows they put out all sold well enough to be released in their entirety and Shout are wizards at music clearance.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies