Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$99.99
3 hrs ago
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$9.96
 
Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey (Blu-ray)
$19.99
19 hrs ago
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.96
9 hrs ago
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99
 
The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$59.99
 
Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$44.99
 
Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$18.99
 
Time Bandits (Blu-ray)
$21.99
 
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
True Detective (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$149.99
 
Sleepy Hollow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate the movie (after who have seen it)
One Star 8 5.84%
Two Stars 7 5.11%
Three Stars 21 15.33%
Four Stars 41 29.93%
Five Stars 60 43.80%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 07:40 AM   #441
Aerodude73 Aerodude73 is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
Aerodude73's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Middletown, RI (MEMBER OF THE "ECPP")™
134
963
9
28
Default

Caught ZDT earlier today (Tues., 12:20pm showing) - Enjoyed it, good movie, nothing Spectacular or Amazing. Solid cast, great cast, bit of a disappointing ending
[Show spoiler](yes, we all Know HOW it ended, just not how it went down - I mean, barely any resistance once they get inside the compound )
.

Gave it 4/5 Stars.
* Boston, MA. - 8 Sports Titles/11 Yrs!! (02-13) *

POLK AUDIO: "LIVE IT, BREATHE IT, LOVE IT, BELIEVE IT!" ™
* TV: 70" SHARP 3D/LC-70UQ17U - POLK AUDIO - "7.2" - Center: CS2 - Front: T90e's
Surrounds: FXi A6's (Side), A3's (Rear) - Subs: 2 PA-120's *
ONKYO TX-NR838 DOLBY ATMOS (Ready) - OPPO BDP-83 - DirecTV: HR-44 HD-DVR - Harmony ONE
* BLU-RAYS: 945 *
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:58 AM   #442
Foggy Foggy is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
Foggy's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
York, somewhere else in England
242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerodude73 View Post
Caught ZDT earlier today (Tues., 12:20pm showing) - Enjoyed it, good movie, nothing Spectacular or Amazing. Solid cast, great cast, bit of a disappointing ending
[Show spoiler](yes, we all Know HOW it ended, just not how it went down - I mean, barely any resistance once they get inside the compound )
.

Gave it 4/5 Stars.
To be fair,
[Show spoiler]if armed guards were patrolling the compound, it would of ganered a lot of attention which Bin Laden wouldn't really want towards himself.
I would of been a huge stretch to make the climax a hugely loud Shootout.
Remaining Films of 2014 I'll check out: Dumb and Dumber To. Exodus: Gods and Kings. Big Eyes. Unbroken.
Best Films of the Year so far: Boyhood. Calvary. Mr. Turner. Mommy. Frank. Godzilla. Nightcrawler. Gone Girl. Interstellar. The Raid 2. Whiplash. The Rover. The LEGO Movie. Under the Skin.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:19 PM   #443
Aerodude73 Aerodude73 is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
Aerodude73's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Middletown, RI (MEMBER OF THE "ECPP")™
134
963
9
28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
To be fair,
[Show spoiler]if armed guards were patrolling the compound, it would of ganered a lot of attention which Bin Laden wouldn't really want towards himself.
I would of been a huge stretch to make the climax a hugely loud Shootout.
True &
[Show spoiler]we'd have known that from surveillance on the compound - tho since the CIA thought it may have been a possible Drug Dealer, armed guards wouldn't be uncommon in that scenario either.

Still, you'd figure the WORLD's Most Wanted Man would have a bit more Security inside his house, no
* Boston, MA. - 8 Sports Titles/11 Yrs!! (02-13) *

POLK AUDIO: "LIVE IT, BREATHE IT, LOVE IT, BELIEVE IT!" ™
* TV: 70" SHARP 3D/LC-70UQ17U - POLK AUDIO - "7.2" - Center: CS2 - Front: T90e's
Surrounds: FXi A6's (Side), A3's (Rear) - Subs: 2 PA-120's *
ONKYO TX-NR838 DOLBY ATMOS (Ready) - OPPO BDP-83 - DirecTV: HR-44 HD-DVR - Harmony ONE
* BLU-RAYS: 945 *
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:34 PM   #444
HanaBi HanaBi is offline
Expert Member
 
HanaBi's Avatar
 
Apr 2009
Brooklyn
795
299
37
Default

For any interested, there will be a live chat with Jessica Chastain at the Film Society of Lincoln Center at 3 pm EST today via YouTube.
Watch my F13 shorts here!
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:08 AM   #445
Snicket Snicket is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Snicket's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
331
1
22
Default

http://www.esquire.com/features/man-...bin-laden-0313

A must read for any fan of the film or anyone interested, an interview with the SEAL who killed Bin Laden.

One thing I heard was that Chastain's character was not based on any one person, but a compilation of people, and this article confirms that is not entirely true, and her character was based off an actual female CIA agent, and as far as the SEAL is concerned, they nailed her pretty spot on.

Also glad the details as far as he knew were pretty spot on with only a few minor changes.
"jump street merging with mib thats clean and rad and powerful" -Johna Hill, Oscar nominated.

Last edited by Snicket; 02-13-2013 at 04:48 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:38 AM   #446
KingRad KingRad is offline
Special Member
 
KingRad's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
Columbiana, OH
326
112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snicket View Post
http://www.esquire.com/features/man-...bin-laden-0313

A must read for any fan of the film or anyone interested, an interview with the SEAL who killed Bin Laden.

One thing I heard was that Chastain's character was not based on any one person, but a compilation of people, and this article confirms that is not entirely true, and her character was based off an actual female CIA agent, and as far as the SEAL is concerned, they nailer her pretty spot on.

Also glad the details as far as he knew were pretty spot on with only a few minor changes.
Wow, that was an interesting read. Thanks for sharing!

I laughed out loud at this, "'Three of us were driving to our first briefing on the mission,' he said. "We were thinking maybe it was Libya, but we knew there would be very high-level brass there. One of my guys says, 'I bet it's bin Laden.'" Another guy told the Shooter, "If it's Osama bin Laden, dude, I will suck yo' dick."

"So after I shoot UBL, I bring him over to see his body. 'Okay,' I told him, 'now is as good a time as any.'"
"Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome."
Isaac Asimov
Twitter: https://twitter.com/King_Rad
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:45 AM   #447
Foggy Foggy is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
Foggy's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
York, somewhere else in England
242
Default

Well, now that Zero Dark Thirty had a lackluster run at the Oscars, the senate has suddenly dropped the probe.

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/oscars-...-thirty-probe/

Coincidence?
Remaining Films of 2014 I'll check out: Dumb and Dumber To. Exodus: Gods and Kings. Big Eyes. Unbroken.
Best Films of the Year so far: Boyhood. Calvary. Mr. Turner. Mommy. Frank. Godzilla. Nightcrawler. Gone Girl. Interstellar. The Raid 2. Whiplash. The Rover. The LEGO Movie. Under the Skin.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:03 AM   #448
ashedmaniac ashedmaniac is online now
Special Member
 
ashedmaniac's Avatar
 
Jan 2012
New York City
233
137
323
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
Well, now that Zero Dark Thirty had a lackluster run at the Oscars, the senate has suddenly dropped the probe.
Affleck's CIA contacts gave him the win!
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:34 PM   #449
MovieKing101 MovieKing101 is offline
Active Member
 
MovieKing101's Avatar
 
Jan 2013
Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
Well, now that Zero Dark Thirty had a lackluster run at the Oscars, the senate has suddenly dropped the probe.
So glad it completely failed at the Oscars.
I own 1,175 Movies
Upcoming Movies
Penguins of Madagascar
The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies
Into the Woods
The Interview
Night at the Museum 3
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:09 PM   #450
Foggy Foggy is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
Foggy's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
York, somewhere else in England
242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieKing101 View Post
So glad it completely failed at the Oscars.
Ok, that's nice?
Remaining Films of 2014 I'll check out: Dumb and Dumber To. Exodus: Gods and Kings. Big Eyes. Unbroken.
Best Films of the Year so far: Boyhood. Calvary. Mr. Turner. Mommy. Frank. Godzilla. Nightcrawler. Gone Girl. Interstellar. The Raid 2. Whiplash. The Rover. The LEGO Movie. Under the Skin.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:00 AM   #451
KingRad KingRad is offline
Special Member
 
KingRad's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
Columbiana, OH
326
112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieKing101 View Post
So glad it completely failed at the Oscars.
Being nominated for four different categories, and winning one of them, is far beyond failing. You must have ridiculously high standards.
"Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome."
Isaac Asimov
Twitter: https://twitter.com/King_Rad
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:02 AM   #452
Aerodude73 Aerodude73 is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
Aerodude73's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Middletown, RI (MEMBER OF THE "ECPP")™
134
963
9
28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth View Post
Being nominated for four different categories, and winning one of them, is far beyond failing. You must have ridiculously high standards.
nah, some people just feel the need to bag on movies THEY didn't like ("Yea, it FAILED at the Oscars")
* Boston, MA. - 8 Sports Titles/11 Yrs!! (02-13) *

POLK AUDIO: "LIVE IT, BREATHE IT, LOVE IT, BELIEVE IT!" ™
* TV: 70" SHARP 3D/LC-70UQ17U - POLK AUDIO - "7.2" - Center: CS2 - Front: T90e's
Surrounds: FXi A6's (Side), A3's (Rear) - Subs: 2 PA-120's *
ONKYO TX-NR838 DOLBY ATMOS (Ready) - OPPO BDP-83 - DirecTV: HR-44 HD-DVR - Harmony ONE
* BLU-RAYS: 945 *
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:40 AM   #453
The Godfather The Godfather is offline
Member
 
Aug 2009
1622
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
Well, now that Zero Dark Thirty had a lackluster run at the Oscars, the senate has suddenly dropped the probe.

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/oscars-...-thirty-probe/

Coincidence?
Coincidence??? Yes I would think so. I mean now this film won't be watched by as many people in comparison to a best picture winner, Argo. Not that Argo wasn't a good film or story because it was very good. It just shows that Government can get their ways, control everything and get away with anything. So Congress and rest of the Government didn't want general public to know that this story is probably about 90% accurately true. The government likes to make sure controversial issues aren't full blown and they would be questioned. Haven't seen Zero Dark Thirty but it ashamed that it's fate was decided by the government and not the film industry voters, who as a whole probably thought they would get in trouble with the government should they have voted for that film.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:55 AM   #454
Aerodude73 Aerodude73 is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
Aerodude73's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Middletown, RI (MEMBER OF THE "ECPP")™
134
963
9
28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Godfather View Post
Coincidence??? Yes I would think so. I mean now this film won't be watched by as many people in comparison to a best picture winner, Argo. Not that Argo wasn't a good film or story because it was very good. It just shows that Government can get their ways, control everything and get away with anything. So Congress and rest of the Government didn't want general public to know that this story is probably about 90% accurately true. The government likes to make sure controversial issues aren't full blown and they would be questioned. Haven't seen Zero Dark Thirty but it ashamed that it's fate was decided by the government and not the film industry voters, who as a whole probably thought they would get in trouble with the government should they have voted for that film.
to the Nth degree here. Just my $.02
* Boston, MA. - 8 Sports Titles/11 Yrs!! (02-13) *

POLK AUDIO: "LIVE IT, BREATHE IT, LOVE IT, BELIEVE IT!" ™
* TV: 70" SHARP 3D/LC-70UQ17U - POLK AUDIO - "7.2" - Center: CS2 - Front: T90e's
Surrounds: FXi A6's (Side), A3's (Rear) - Subs: 2 PA-120's *
ONKYO TX-NR838 DOLBY ATMOS (Ready) - OPPO BDP-83 - DirecTV: HR-44 HD-DVR - Harmony ONE
* BLU-RAYS: 945 *
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:15 AM   #455
jetthead jetthead is offline
Power Member
 
jetthead's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
Ohio USA
1220
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerodude73 View Post
Caught ZDT earlier today (Tues., 12:20pm showing) - Enjoyed it, good movie, nothing Spectacular or Amazing. Solid cast, great cast, bit of a disappointing ending
[Show spoiler](yes, we all Know HOW it ended, just not how it went down - I mean, barely any resistance once they get inside the compound )
.
And this is one of the reasons I liked Zero Dark Thirty more than Argo. In Affleck's film...

[Show spoiler]they felt the need to have all the close calls and near misses at the airport culminating in that ridiculous chase down the runway (None of which actually occurred). Had Bigelow taken that route with ZD30, we could've been treated to a gun battle straight out of a Rambo movie in UBL's compound there at the end.


Sometimes reality can be just as good for a story as Hollywood fiction.
LG SuperBlu BH200

SteelBooks™: 144
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:33 AM   #456
Aerodude73 Aerodude73 is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
Aerodude73's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Middletown, RI (MEMBER OF THE "ECPP")™
134
963
9
28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetthead View Post
And this is one of the reasons I liked Zero Dark Thirty more than Argo. In Affleck's film...

[Show spoiler]they felt the need to have all the close calls and near misses at the airport culminating in that ridiculous chase down the runway (None of which actually occurred). Had Bigelow taken that route with ZD30, we could've been treated to a gun battle straight out of a Rambo movie in UBL's compound there at the end.


Sometimes reality can be just as good for a story as Hollywood fiction.
Good point.
[Show spoiler]I just recently found out about that airport chase scene you noted, & while I wish it'd have been true, most movies (as we all know) DO take artistic license with certain scenes or sequences, so I can live with it. It supposedly WAS a close call (getting them out of there), albeit Not via police chasing down a car on the runway.
* Boston, MA. - 8 Sports Titles/11 Yrs!! (02-13) *

POLK AUDIO: "LIVE IT, BREATHE IT, LOVE IT, BELIEVE IT!" ™
* TV: 70" SHARP 3D/LC-70UQ17U - POLK AUDIO - "7.2" - Center: CS2 - Front: T90e's
Surrounds: FXi A6's (Side), A3's (Rear) - Subs: 2 PA-120's *
ONKYO TX-NR838 DOLBY ATMOS (Ready) - OPPO BDP-83 - DirecTV: HR-44 HD-DVR - Harmony ONE
* BLU-RAYS: 945 *
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:51 AM   #457
jetthead jetthead is offline
Power Member
 
jetthead's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
Ohio USA
1220
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerodude73 View Post
Good point.
[Show spoiler]I just recently found out about that airport chase scene you noted, & while I wish it'd have been true, most movies (as we all know) DO take artistic license with certain scenes or sequences, so I can live with it. It supposedly WAS a close call (getting them out of there), albeit Not via police chasing down a car on the runway.
I have no problems with artistic license when it's used well.
LG SuperBlu BH200

SteelBooks™: 144
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:21 PM   #458
SquidPuppet SquidPuppet is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
SquidPuppet's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
Club Loop
276
27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerodude73 View Post
to the Nth degree here. Just my $.02
"Trouble", and much, much worse are a factual part of US Government vs Hollywood history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_blacklist
Because Calamari Marionette Ph.D sounded pompous, that's why.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:30 AM.