Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$99.99
3 hrs ago
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$9.96

Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey (Blu-ray)
$19.99
19 hrs ago
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.96
9 hrs ago
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99

The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$44.99

Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Time Bandits (Blu-ray)
$21.99

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

True Detective (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$149.99

Sleepy Hollow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate the movie (after who have seen it)
One Star 8 5.84%
Two Stars 7 5.11%
Three Stars 21 15.33%
Four Stars 41 29.93%
Five Stars 60 43.80%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-30-2013, 07:40 AM   #441
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008
Middletown, RI (MEMBER OF THE "ECPP")™

Caught ZDT earlier today (Tues., 12:20pm showing) - Enjoyed it, good movie, nothing Spectacular or Amazing. Solid cast, great cast, bit of a disappointing ending
[Show spoiler](yes, we all Know HOW it ended, just not how it went down - I mean, barely any resistance once they get inside the compound )

Gave it 4/5 Stars.
* Boston, MA. - 8 Sports Titles/11 Yrs!! (02-13) *

POLK AUDIO: "LIVE IT, BREATHE IT, LOVE IT, BELIEVE IT!" ™
* TV: 70" SHARP 3D/LC-70UQ17U - POLK AUDIO - "7.2" - Center: CS2 - Front: T90e's
Surrounds: FXi A6's (Side), A3's (Rear) - Subs: 2 PA-120's *
ONKYO TX-NR838 DOLBY ATMOS (Ready) - OPPO BDP-83 - DirecTV: HR-44 HD-DVR - Harmony ONE
* BLU-RAYS: 945 *
Old 01-30-2013, 08:58 AM   #442
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
York, somewhere else in England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerodude73 View Post
Caught ZDT earlier today (Tues., 12:20pm showing) - Enjoyed it, good movie, nothing Spectacular or Amazing. Solid cast, great cast, bit of a disappointing ending
[Show spoiler](yes, we all Know HOW it ended, just not how it went down - I mean, barely any resistance once they get inside the compound )

Gave it 4/5 Stars.
To be fair,
[Show spoiler]if armed guards were patrolling the compound, it would of ganered a lot of attention which Bin Laden wouldn't really want towards himself.
I would of been a huge stretch to make the climax a hugely loud Shootout.
Remaining Films of 2014 I'll check out: Dumb and Dumber To. Exodus: Gods and Kings. Big Eyes. Unbroken.
Best Films of the Year so far: Boyhood. Calvary. Mr. Turner. Mommy. Frank. Godzilla. Nightcrawler. Gone Girl. Interstellar. The Raid 2. Whiplash. The Rover. The LEGO Movie. Under the Skin.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:19 PM   #443
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
To be fair,
[Show spoiler]if armed guards were patrolling the compound, it would of ganered a lot of attention which Bin Laden wouldn't really want towards himself.
I would of been a huge stretch to make the climax a hugely loud Shootout.
True &
[Show spoiler]we'd have known that from surveillance on the compound - tho since the CIA thought it may have been a possible Drug Dealer, armed guards wouldn't be uncommon in that scenario either.

Still, you'd figure the WORLD's Most Wanted Man would have a bit more Security inside his house, no

* TV: 70" SHARP 3D/LC-70UQ17U - POLK AUDIO - "7.2" - Center: CS2 - Front: T90e's
ONKYO TX-NR838 DOLBY ATMOS (Ready) - OPPO BDP-83 - DirecTV: HR-44 HD-DVR - Harmony ONE
Old 02-08-2013, 05:34 PM   #444
Expert Member

Apr 2009
Brooklyn

For any interested, there will be a live chat with Jessica Chastain at the Film Society of Lincoln Center at 3 pm EST today via YouTube.
Watch my F13 shorts here!
Old 02-13-2013, 04:08 AM   #445
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2010

http://www.esquire.com/features/man-...bin-laden-0313

A must read for any fan of the film or anyone interested, an interview with the SEAL who killed Bin Laden.

One thing I heard was that Chastain's character was not based on any one person, but a compilation of people, and this article confirms that is not entirely true, and her character was based off an actual female CIA agent, and as far as the SEAL is concerned, they nailed her pretty spot on.

Also glad the details as far as he knew were pretty spot on with only a few minor changes.
"jump street merging with mib thats clean and rad and powerful" -Johna Hill, Oscar nominated.

Last edited by Snicket; 02-13-2013 at 04:48 AM.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:38 AM   #446
Special Member

Aug 2012
Columbiana, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snicket View Post
http://www.esquire.com/features/man-...bin-laden-0313

A must read for any fan of the film or anyone interested, an interview with the SEAL who killed Bin Laden.

One thing I heard was that Chastain's character was not based on any one person, but a compilation of people, and this article confirms that is not entirely true, and her character was based off an actual female CIA agent, and as far as the SEAL is concerned, they nailer her pretty spot on.

Also glad the details as far as he knew were pretty spot on with only a few minor changes.
Wow, that was an interesting read. Thanks for sharing!

I laughed out loud at this, "'Three of us were driving to our first briefing on the mission,' he said. "We were thinking maybe it was Libya, but we knew there would be very high-level brass there. One of my guys says, 'I bet it's bin Laden.'" Another guy told the Shooter, "If it's Osama bin Laden, dude, I will suck yo' dick."

"So after I shoot UBL, I bring him over to see his body. 'Okay,' I told him, 'now is as good a time as any.'"
"Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome."
Isaac Asimov
Twitter: https://twitter.com/King_Rad
Old 02-27-2013, 09:45 AM   #447
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008

Well, now that Zero Dark Thirty had a lackluster run at the Oscars, the senate has suddenly dropped the probe.

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/oscars-...-thirty-probe/

Coincidence?
Remaining Films of 2014 I'll check out: Dumb and Dumber To. Exodus: Gods and Kings. Big Eyes. Unbroken.
Best Films of the Year so far: Boyhood. Calvary. Mr. Turner. Mommy. Frank. Godzilla. Nightcrawler. Gone Girl. Interstellar. The Raid 2. Whiplash. The Rover. The LEGO Movie. Under the Skin.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:03 AM   #448
Special Member

Jan 2012
New York City

Quote:
Well, now that Zero Dark Thirty had a lackluster run at the Oscars, the senate has suddenly dropped the probe.
Affleck's CIA contacts gave him the win!
Old 02-27-2013, 08:34 PM   #449

Jan 2013
Canada

Quote:
So glad it completely failed at the Oscars.
I own 1,175 Movies
Upcoming Movies
Penguins of Madagascar
The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies
Into the Woods
The Interview
Night at the Museum 3
Old 02-27-2013, 09:09 PM   #450
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieKing101 View Post
Ok, that's nice?
Old 02-28-2013, 12:00 AM   #451
Special Member

Aug 2012
Columbiana, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieKing101 View Post
Being nominated for four different categories, and winning one of them, is far beyond failing. You must have ridiculously high standards.
"Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome."
Isaac Asimov
Twitter: https://twitter.com/King_Rad
Old 02-28-2013, 01:02 AM   #452
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth View Post
Being nominated for four different categories, and winning one of them, is far beyond failing. You must have ridiculously high standards.
nah, some people just feel the need to bag on movies THEY didn't like ("Yea, it FAILED at the Oscars")

Old 02-28-2013, 01:40 AM   #453

Aug 2009

Quote:

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/oscars-...-thirty-probe/

Coincidence?
Coincidence??? Yes I would think so. I mean now this film won't be watched by as many people in comparison to a best picture winner, Argo. Not that Argo wasn't a good film or story because it was very good. It just shows that Government can get their ways, control everything and get away with anything. So Congress and rest of the Government didn't want general public to know that this story is probably about 90% accurately true. The government likes to make sure controversial issues aren't full blown and they would be questioned. Haven't seen Zero Dark Thirty but it ashamed that it's fate was decided by the government and not the film industry voters, who as a whole probably thought they would get in trouble with the government should they have voted for that film.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:55 AM   #454
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Godfather View Post
Coincidence??? Yes I would think so. I mean now this film won't be watched by as many people in comparison to a best picture winner, Argo. Not that Argo wasn't a good film or story because it was very good. It just shows that Government can get their ways, control everything and get away with anything. So Congress and rest of the Government didn't want general public to know that this story is probably about 90% accurately true. The government likes to make sure controversial issues aren't full blown and they would be questioned. Haven't seen Zero Dark Thirty but it ashamed that it's fate was decided by the government and not the film industry voters, who as a whole probably thought they would get in trouble with the government should they have voted for that film.
to the Nth degree here. Just my $.02

Old 02-28-2013, 02:15 AM   #455
Power Member

Mar 2009
Ohio USA

Quote:
And this is one of the reasons I liked Zero Dark Thirty more than Argo. In Affleck's film...

[Show spoiler]they felt the need to have all the close calls and near misses at the airport culminating in that ridiculous chase down the runway (None of which actually occurred). Had Bigelow taken that route with ZD30, we could've been treated to a gun battle straight out of a Rambo movie in UBL's compound there at the end.

Sometimes reality can be just as good for a story as Hollywood fiction.
LG SuperBlu BH200

SteelBooks™: 144
Old 02-28-2013, 02:33 AM   #456
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetthead View Post
And this is one of the reasons I liked Zero Dark Thirty more than Argo. In Affleck's film...

[Show spoiler]they felt the need to have all the close calls and near misses at the airport culminating in that ridiculous chase down the runway (None of which actually occurred). Had Bigelow taken that route with ZD30, we could've been treated to a gun battle straight out of a Rambo movie in UBL's compound there at the end.

Sometimes reality can be just as good for a story as Hollywood fiction.
Good point.
[Show spoiler]I just recently found out about that airport chase scene you noted, & while I wish it'd have been true, most movies (as we all know) DO take artistic license with certain scenes or sequences, so I can live with it. It supposedly WAS a close call (getting them out of there), albeit Not via police chasing down a car on the runway.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:51 AM   #457
Power Member

Mar 2009
Ohio USA

Quote:
Good point.
[Show spoiler]I just recently found out about that airport chase scene you noted, & while I wish it'd have been true, most movies (as we all know) DO take artistic license with certain scenes or sequences, so I can live with it. It supposedly WAS a close call (getting them out of there), albeit Not via police chasing down a car on the runway.
I have no problems with artistic license when it's used well.
LG SuperBlu BH200

SteelBooks™: 144
Old 02-28-2013, 07:21 PM   #458
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2007
Club Loop

Quote:
to the Nth degree here. Just my $.02
"Trouble", and much, much worse are a factual part of US Government vs Hollywood history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_blacklist
Because Calamari Marionette Ph.D sounded pompous, that's why.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies