Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (Blu-ray)
$9.99
5 hrs ago
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Mr. Peabody & Sherman (Blu-ray)
$9.99
12 hrs ago
Alien Anthology and Prometheus (Blu-ray)
$19.98

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$9.99
12 hrs ago
Edge of Tomorrow 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Godzilla 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Steve McQueen Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.99
5 hrs ago
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.99
12 hrs ago
Edge of Tomorrow (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Let's Be Cops (Blu-ray)
$9.99
7 hrs ago
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Grimm: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$24.99
19 hrs ago
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 11-26-2014, 05:51 PM   #5101

Jul 2013

Count me in as another fan of Zimmer's score. I played the CD until I got sick of it. Maybe it's time to listen to it again.
Old 11-26-2014, 05:59 PM   #5102
Expert Member

May 2010
Boston, MA

I like that they didn't drag out Lois not knowing Clark is Superman. She is way too intelligent to not figure out immediately.
Old 12-14-2014, 01:52 PM   #5103
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2009
Hong Kong

While haters continue to whine about the epic city destruction during the climax, didn't they notice that Superman tries to battle Zod away from the city? He double punches Zod above the buildings until Zod smacks him back into the buildings. Next time, Superman knocks Zod into outerspace but then Zod smacks him back into the city. Zod and co were like wild animals fighting as if the whole city (as well as Smallville) were just some little playground to brawl in. If haters are getting all nitpicky with Superman being irresponsible then watch carefully what he was doing in those scenes rather than just choosing what you want to see (a brawl of two superfolks smacking into tons of buildings with no regard for the city people who are trying to get away from the scene).
Thanks given by:
Roonan (12-19-2014)
Old 12-16-2014, 11:09 PM   #5104

Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddly6666 View Post
While haters continue to whine about the epic city destruction during the climax, didn't they notice that Superman tries to battle Zod away from the city?
Either way, it's not like it's up to Superman to convince his enemy where the fight should take place. Specially when his enemy's plan is to destroy the people of Earth...
Thanks given by:
Kryptonic (12-16-2014)
Old 12-16-2014, 11:11 PM   #5105
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roonan View Post
Either way, it's not like it's up to Superman to convince his enemy where the fight should take place. Specially when his enemy's plan is to destroy the people of Earth...
Zod is also a stronger and more experienced fighter than Kal-El, who is very much outmatched and gets lucky for the most part and has to make a terrible decision.
Old 12-16-2014, 11:48 PM   #5106
Expert Member

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonic View Post
Zod is also a stronger and more experienced fighter than Kal-El, who is very much outmatched and gets lucky for the most part and has to make a terrible decision.
And after all that epic pummeling
[Show spoiler]Superman can just snap Zod's neck like he's a mere mortal. I thought moments before they were knocking over buildings with their bodies...

CineCrazed.com
Old 12-16-2014, 11:53 PM   #5107
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by master gandhi View Post
And after all that epic pummeling
[Show spoiler]Superman can just snap Zod's neck like he's a mere mortal. I thought moments before they were knocking over buildings with their bodies...
Kal had years of yellow sun energy storage and should have a higher max level than Zod, who was still in the beginning stages of the new atmosphere adjustments.
Dude was just learning to fly within the fight. So I dont see a inconsistancy with Kal snapping his neck with the hold he had him in.
Old 12-17-2014, 12:02 AM   #5108
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by drb999 View Post
Count me in as another fan of Zimmer's score. I played the CD until I got sick of it. Maybe it's time to listen to it again.
I do that with every new soundtrack or album I get. Then I move on to getting sick of something else.
Old 12-17-2014, 12:03 AM   #5109
Expert Member

May 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddly6666 View Post
While haters continue to whine about the epic city destruction during the climax, didn't they notice that Superman tries to battle Zod away from the city? He double punches Zod above the buildings until Zod smacks him back into the buildings. Next time, Superman knocks Zod into outerspace but then Zod smacks him back into the city. Zod and co were like wild animals fighting as if the whole city (as well as Smallville) were just some little playground to brawl in. If haters are getting all nitpicky with Superman being irresponsible then watch carefully what he was doing in those scenes rather than just choosing what you want to see (a brawl of two superfolks smacking into tons of buildings with no regard for the city people who are trying to get away from the scene).
Exactly!!
Old 12-17-2014, 12:25 AM   #5110
Expert Member

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmon77 View Post
Kal had years of yellow sun energy storage and should have a higher max level than Zod, who was still in the beginning stages of the new atmosphere adjustments.
Dude was just learning to fly within the fight. So I dont see a inconsistancy with Kal snapping his neck with the hold he had him in.
There was no clear progression to the fight. Neither of them were ever losing or winning. They were just knocking over buildings and punching each other over and over. A boring fight with Superman revealing his true power suddenly at the very end. So basically, he was going easy on Zod up until he killed him. Maybe he just thought Zod would give up and go home eventually.

CineCrazed.com
Old 12-17-2014, 12:31 AM   #5111
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by master gandhi View Post
There was no clear progression to the fight. Neither of them were ever losing or winning. They were just knocking over buildings and punching each other over and over. A boring fight with Superman revealing his true power suddenly at the very end. So basically, he was going easy on Zod up until he killed him. Maybe he just thought Zod would give up and go home eventually.
If thats how u see it.
Old 12-17-2014, 01:45 AM   #5112
Expert Member

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmon77 View Post
If thats how u see it.
That's my opinion right now. Maybe over time my opinion will soften. Either way, I see it as a good/great film with a climax that I dislike for the most part.

CineCrazed.com
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America