Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Banshee: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Jurassic World 3D Limited Edition Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$79.96
Mission: Impossible Quadrilogy (Blu-ray)
$21.99
It Follows (Blu-ray)
$14.84
Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Rick and Morty: Season One (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Spirited Away (Blu-ray)
$19.96
The Ultimate Matrix Collection (Blu-ray)
$23.99
Once Upon a Time: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$48.37
Odd Thomas (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Shameless: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Scarface (Blu-ray)
$303.49
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2014, 06:30 PM   #241
Michael Bay Fan Michael Bay Fan is online now
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
Michael Bay Fan's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
A place of adorableness
115
354
226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonknight View Post
In the late '90s, he said he wanted to make "Mallrats 2: Die Hard in a Mall." In it, Shannon Hamilton would take the whole mall hostage after breaking out of prison.
I heard him say that on the Anniversary DVD commentary. I'm sure he was joking though.
Biggest Jennifer Lawrence fan here / I've finished a 5th draft of my latest script. It's a comedy Life As Liz written in mind with Jen as the lead. PM If interested. I'm currently working on my 14th script at the moment. I'm 91 pages into it as of now.

I'm looking for the Target Exclusive of Serena on Blu Ray with Slip. It can be the regular version of the Target exclusive.If anyone has it. I'm willing to trade Blu Rays, DVDs or Slips from my collection for it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 06:32 PM   #242
klauswhereareyou klauswhereareyou is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
klauswhereareyou's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
257
Default

A Mallrats 2 at this point would be much more interesting than a Clerks 3 considering many malls accross the country are on life support and have become the equivalent of the dirtmall from Mallrats.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:59 PM   #243
demonknight demonknight is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Apr 2013
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bay Fan View Post
I heard him say that on the Anniversary DVD commentary. I'm sure he was joking though.
I don't think so... Remember, he is making a movie about Justin Long being sewn into a walrus costume.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 06:12 AM   #244
Hazel Motes Hazel Motes is offline
Active Member
 
Hazel Motes's Avatar
 
Feb 2014
Default

Harvey could offer a million reasons why he passed on Clerks III, but at the end of the day, something tells me this is why he passed:

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
stephenwilson04 (07-25-2014)
Old 08-06-2014, 01:49 AM   #245
BTTF_ BTTF_ is offline
Active Member
 
BTTF_'s Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Hilly valley, CA
23
Default

Kevin Smith keeps saying "once Jeff Anderson signs on." I doubt it's because of financing. Kevin has made numerous films for under 2 million bucks & that was when he was shooting on film. Digital is 100x cheaper now.

Clerks has been "announced" on iMDB for months. If they were discussing financing then it would be in Pre-production. Cast needs to sign on first. Jeff's iMDB said he just did an small indie film called "Finding London." Maybe he's going back to his roots after all this time off?
This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang, but a whimper.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 08:02 AM   #246
Russ103 Russ103 is offline
Senior Member
 
Russ103's Avatar
 
May 2010
Australia
820
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTTF_ View Post
Kevin Smith keeps saying "once Jeff Anderson signs on." I doubt it's because of financing. Kevin has made numerous films for under 2 million bucks & that was when he was shooting on film. Digital is 100x cheaper now.

Clerks has been "announced" on iMDB for months. If they were discussing financing then it would be in Pre-production. Cast needs to sign on first. Jeff's iMDB said he just did an small indie film called "Finding London." Maybe he's going back to his roots after all this time off?


It's not about upfront financing, it's about the actors getting paid.

Jeff Anderson's holdout is because they're owed money from the profits of previous films.

I can't recall if Kevin mentions it in the above video (I've seen it, but it was a while ago), but he has talked about the only reason Jeff agreed to do Clerks II, was because Kevin gave him his cut.

In a nutshell, the main players - Kevin, Jeff, Jay Mewes, and Brian O'Halloran, all got X amount upfront to do Clerks II. Jeff wasn't keen because of money still owed by either Miramax or TWC (depends on the movie). Kevin said, OK, how about if I give you my cut, and he did - so essentially Jeff got paid double, and Kevin made Clerks II for free (as far as upfront money goes).

They're owed money on the back-end - most of which comes from DVD sales, etc - but the studios in question aren't coming through. It's typical Hollywood accounting.

Smith & Mosier have talked on their podcasts about instigating audits on them as he knows his films have turned profits after the fact.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 04:20 PM   #247
demonknight demonknight is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Apr 2013
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTTF_ View Post
Kevin Smith keeps saying "once Jeff Anderson signs on." I doubt it's because of financing. Kevin has made numerous films for under 2 million bucks & that was when he was shooting on film. Digital is 100x cheaper now.

Clerks has been "announced" on iMDB for months. If they were discussing financing then it would be in Pre-production. Cast needs to sign on first. Jeff's iMDB said he just did an small indie film called "Finding London." Maybe he's going back to his roots after all this time off?
Partly what the previous post said. Jeff is no longet holding out. Everyone (Brian, Jeff, Jason, Kevin, Rosario, Trevor) is on board. Its just that Harvey and Bob refuse to ind it and Kev feels like he's way too rich to use Kickstarter.

I imagine that he will use some of the profits from Tusk, AntiClaus, & Yoga Hosers to fund Clerks 3.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 08:43 PM   #248
DoubleDownAgain DoubleDownAgain is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
DoubleDownAgain's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
Port Moody, BC
7
2192
1481
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Motes View Post
Harvey could offer a million reasons why he passed on Clerks III, but at the end of the day, something tells me this is why he passed:

2011 Comic-Con: Kevin Smith Talks Red State at Private Press Conference Part 2/5 - YouTube
I am looking forward to Clerks III, as CLerks II is my favorite from him.

But I have kind of soured on Smith and his act over the years. Not a fan of Red State, and tusk just looks silly to me. Although I'm hoping it'll surprise me. Hopefully he'll make Clerks sooner than later.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 12:11 AM   #249
Agent Bond Agent Bond is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Agent Bond's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
San Francisco, CA
192
33
3
Default

Remember when Kevin Smith said Clerks 2 was going to his final film?
"Right now, I'm walking through this cemetery. Not because I'm sad. Because it inspires me. It's the most motivational place on Earth. Why is that? Because people die. When you accept the fact that your time on this Earth is limited, you'll do whatever it takes to make it count." - Bryan Bowers
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 07:46 PM   #250
Walts Ghost Walts Ghost is online now
Blu-ray Duke
 
Walts Ghost's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
Orange County, CA
1534
220
33
1
Default

Quote:
Thanks to ‘Tusk’, Kevin Smith Has Funding for ‘Clerks III’

Like almost all Kevin Smith films, Tusk has been incredibly polarizing. I found myself in the middle of the road, seeing great promise in a film with some major problems. Some loved the audaciousness of Smith’s horrific tale, while others just hated everything about it. Smith himself is very proud of Tusk, calling it the closest thing he’s ever done to what he imagined he’d be making as a filmmaker.

The box office tended to agree with the haters. Over its opening weekend, Tusk only grossed on $1.4 million in over 600 theaters, pretty much guaranteeing a certain cult status.

The legacy of Tusk is already paying dividends, however. The project lead to a friendship between Smith and Johnny Depp, and spinning Tusk off into Yoga Hosers. Plus, in a new podcast, the director also revealed Tusk gave financiers confidence to give him money for Clerks III.

Smith revealed the news on the latest episode of Hollywood Babble-On.

Here’s the quote itself:

Quote:
Tusk was the absolute bridge to Clerks III. Because of Tusk I got my financing for Clerks III. A year and change ago I was desperately trying to get Clerks III made for the 20th anniversary and that desperation — I must have reeked of it because I couldn’t f–king find money and shit. But it was Tusk, people going ‘Holy f–k, what else do you have?’ and I was like Clerks III and they’re like ‘Done.’ So, everybody that’s like, ‘He failed, he failed,’ I’m like ‘Thank you, I failed into Clerks III.’
He’s referring to the fact The Weinstein Company, which has financed many of Smith’s films, passed on the sequel a few months back. He then put it on the back burner to make a few other films.

On the podcast, Smith doesn’t reveal who the new financier is, but The Wrap reminds us, last year, he said he’d hoped to start shooting in May. There’s no word if the new financing has changed the timeline of his upcoming films but, odds are, audiences probably won’t see the final adventures of Dante and Randall until 2016. The poetry there is Clerks III would be ten years after Clerks II.

Are you surprised Smith got the money for Clerks III?
Slashfilm
"Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood."
Walt Disney

Follow me:
Twitter: @pj_campbell/Instagram: pj_campbell/Podcast: Reel Film Chatter

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
yeslek (10-02-2014)
Old 09-29-2014, 07:56 PM   #251
klauswhereareyou klauswhereareyou is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
klauswhereareyou's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
257
Default

Is Tusk already VOD? If that's the case 1.4 million isn't really that bad of a haul. Not a huge success, but not a disaster either.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 08:05 PM   #252
SethRex SethRex is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
SethRex's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
106
265
215
6
80
Default

Sounds awesome. I hope to see Clerks III in the next few years. But make it good Kevin.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 08:08 PM   #253
ditcin ditcin is offline
Senior Member
 
ditcin's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
NY
377
1
Default

I live on Staten Island which seems to have the largest land fill anywhere - as dubious a credit that is I wish Kevin Smith would make a movie with Seth Rogan so that credit could transfer.
Samsung 65" UHD JS9500
Marantz SR7009,
Oppo BDP-103
11.2 System w/Clark Synthesis TST429 Platinum Tactile Transducer, Mirage Speakers (7) OMD-5, (2) Nanosat® Prestige for Atmos
Axiom Subwoofer EP600
X-Box One, WiiU
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 08:28 PM   #254
demonknight demonknight is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Apr 2013
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditcin View Post
I live on Staten Island which seems to have the largest land fill anywhere - as dubious a credit that is I wish Kevin Smith would make a movie with Seth Rogan so that credit could transfer.
Zack and Miri? Or did you like that one? Haters gotta hate, I suppose.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 08:30 PM   #255
demonknight demonknight is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Apr 2013
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethRex View Post
Sounds awesome. I hope to see Clerks III in the next few years. But make it good Kevin.
It'll be good. It made Mewes and O'Halloran cry.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 08:34 PM   #256
CinemaBlu CinemaBlu is offline
Active Member
 
CinemaBlu's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
Default

Quote:
The legacy of Tusk is already paying dividends, however. The project lead to a friendship between Smith and Johnny Depp, and spinning Tusk off into Yoga Hosers.
Smith and Depp were already friends before Tusk. Smith mentioned a couple of times in his podcast that they met through their daughters who are close friends.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 02:25 AM   #257
Walts Ghost Walts Ghost is online now
Blu-ray Duke
 
Walts Ghost's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
Orange County, CA
1534
220
33
1
Default

Quote:
Exclusive: Kevin Smith’s ‘Hit Somebody’ Will Film in Fall 2015, Smith Has Funding for 3 More Projects

Say what you will about Kevin Smith‘s Tusk, but ultimately it was the spark that gave new life to the filmmaker. Just like he did in the ’90s, Smith made Tusk kind of on a whim. He and his producer Scott Mosier came up with the idea, Smith wrote it and a few months later it was being shot. Unlike his ’90s debut, Smith did have funding this time so it wasn’t as down and dirty as Clerks. But the independent spirit was there. And Kevin Smith is now overflowing with movie ideas.

He’s got a few more days to shoot on Yoga Hosers, a Tusk spinoff about two 15-year-old girls fighting monsters. After that, he’ll finally make the long awaited Clerks III. He’s also got preliminary funding to make Moose Jaws, a horror comedy that is basically Jaws with a moose. That’ll likely happen after Clerks III.

For Smith fans, though, there’s one glaring omission that list: Hit Somebody. Over the past few years, Smith’s hockey epic morphed from one film, to two films, to a miniseries and then into oblivion as he got busy with so many other things. But /Film recently talked to the director and he revealed that the producers of Tusk have given him money not only to make Yoga Hosers, Clerks III and Moose Jaws but Hit Somebody as well. And they’ll shoot it in Canada during the Fall of 2015.

We talked to Smith about Tusk, which hits Blu-ray December 30, and this is just an excerpt from the longer interview. I asked Smith about the update on Hit Somebody and his answer was basically to explain how Tusk got him not only funding on that, but several other projects. I’ve bolded the Hit Somebody part, but the whole thing is interesting.

Quote:
Kevin Smith: The beautiful thing about Tusk is that it opened a lot of doors in a weird way. I guess it was just maybe like ‘Oh he’s working again’ or some people were really attracted to the material. The folks at this company Star Stream at one point were thinking or toying with the notion of funding Tusk, but Demarest kind of swooped in and did it. So Kim Ledford, who runs Star Stream, loved Tusk and she was like ‘What are you doing next?’ I wanna do whatever you’re involved in. You seem to be in this weird place and I wanna work with you.

And so we were talking about doing the Krampus movie with her and Star Stream. And so, you know, the Yoga Hosers thing came together in post on Tusk and again, it came together very quickly. And when I reached out to Demarest and said, ‘Hey, man, I wanna make this Yoga Hosers movie, do you wanna go?’ They were like ‘We won’t be ready by the end of the year. We’re gonna have to wait till middle of next year.’ But again, I had a window. So I was like well, ‘Do you mind if I go finance someplace else?’ And they’re like ‘Yeah, totally, go ahead.’ And so Star Stream, I reached out to them and said, ‘I know we’re about to do this Krampus thing, but there’s this movie that kind of came out of nowhere and I wrote it, but I think we can pull it off since it’s not that expensive’ and blah, blah, blah. And it’s about two 15 year old girls. And that was the magic right there, man. Because they were like ‘You’re making a movie for an audience that voraciously goes to the movies? Like that’s really good.’ So they jumped on board with Yoga Hosers and we put Krampus on the back burner.

Kim was like ‘Look, you talked about this True North Trilogy, these three movies in Canada. You gotta make those in succession. So Krampus you can make anytime, but like keep making this ’cause you’ve already kind of set the tone.’ I was like ‘All right.’ So they jumped into Yoga Hosers because of that. While working on Yoga Hosers, Clerks III came up and Kim was like ‘Let me read that script.’ And suddenly she was like ‘Oh my God, we’re making this movie. Why didn’t you tell me about it sooner?’ I was like ‘Ah, we were working on this other thing.’ So boom, Clerks III was suddenly happened. Moose Jaws has already been pre-approved and we got our money for Moose Jaws. So once again, like Tusk just keeps it going.

So we were having this conversation about fake Canada that I keep setting the movies in now for this True North Trilogy. And Kim, her former boss, he used to work tangentially in the world of the NHL (National Hockey League). Howard Baldwin I believe was her former boss. So, you know, she knows a lot about the world of hockey, particularly the WHA (World Hockey Association). And I was like ‘Oh my Lord, I have written this mini-series that we were planning to do with CBC up in Canada. That, you know, I’ve been sitting on for a while.’ I said, ‘You would love to read it, just because it’s set in the world that you know very well.’ And then when I was all over, she was like ‘Wow, we’re making this right now.’ And so we have two meetings and we met with our Canadian counterparts, ’cause we’re gonna shoot up a lot of it up North and then some of it in Michigan as well. But we were able to kind of pull the budget together. So in the fall of 2015, we head up to it looks like Northern Ontario and start shooting Hit Somebody.

And once again, that also spun from Tusk. So that’s why I’m like, man, I had two choices in the morning. Don’t make the movie or make a movie. And I sat down and said, ‘All right, enough people said Walrus Yes. Maybe I’ll start writing it and stuff.’ And because of that, everything else kind of happened. None of that stuff was gonna happen. A year ago, I was trying to get money for Clerks III and it wasn’t happening. That was me going like ‘I’m gonna have to finance this movie myself.’ Which again, like I’m always game to do. Like try to pull it together. I’m not like Smaug, I’m not sitting on a pile of ****ing gold, but, you know, I can call in some favors and pull together a low budget still at this point. But luckily I didn’t have to do it with Tusk and then I haven’t had to with the other ones. And that’s all because Tusk exists.

You know, so it’s weird. Like every time somebody’s like ‘**** this movie, it shouldn’t exist, I’m like ‘Well I could see your point. Like it is weird and stupid.’ But, man, it’s the gift that keeps on giving for me. And it’s not because the movie is like ‘Oh it’s one of the best films ever made.’ Not by any stretch of the imagination. It’s just it exists, period. And it shows kind of creativity and it also shows like, you know, a willingness to make something happen from nothing. And do it on a low budget. And kind of pull together casts, which I can still do. So that makes it easier for somebody to be like ‘Here. Here’s a check, go do something else.’ And suddenly it means like we’re gonna get to make Hit Somebody as well in the Fall. So that’s kind of… I love that little walrus movie. It’s so strange and it’s like I know according to the narrative, it should be like ‘This movie didn’t work theatrically.’ And for that, he was punished and he’ll never do something like this again. I should be discouraged from pursuing this kind of thing, but honestly, it made everything else possible, so I’m just like ‘Wow, man, like I’m delighted I made Tusk.’ I know not everybody agrees, but I am.
Now is Hit Somebody going to be a movie, two movies or a mini-series? Smith didn’t say. But we’ll keep you updated as we learn more.

Read more about the history of Hit Somebody in our archives. And keep checking back on /Film as we keep you updated on not only Hit Somebody, but Yoga Hosers, Moose Jaws and Clerks III. Plus, keep an eye out for the full Smith interview in the coming days.
Slashfilm
"Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood."
Walt Disney

Follow me:
Twitter: @pj_campbell/Instagram: pj_campbell/Podcast: Reel Film Chatter

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
yeslek (12-28-2014)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:15 AM.