Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Blow (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Quiet Man (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$96.32
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Beyond Outrage (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
WCW's Greatest Pay-Per-View Matches, Volume 1 (Blu-ray)
$18.74
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Rio Grande (Blu-ray)
$14.98
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 04-25-2013, 07:01 AM   #541
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilapimp View Post
How does the BB Upgrade and Save work.... do you just go to a BB store and go to customer service with the DVD your trading in and they give you the $5 off coupon right there on the spot?
Yes.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:58 AM   #542
Trading Moderator

Sep 2008
Orange County, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilapimp View Post
How does the BB Upgrade and Save work.... do you just go to a BB store and go to customer service with the DVD your trading in and they give you the $5 off coupon right there on the spot?
Here's the link to the Upgrade & Save thread.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=217242
MMMMM!! I love the smell of brand new slipcovers!!!

Trade Forum

Collectibles and Limited Editions
Old 05-20-2013, 10:16 AM   #543

May 2011

Very nice transfer on the picture especially with the colors to the details on the make-up wearing crooks like Little Face for example and the sound is great especially the sound like the music for example.

Who else saw this in theaters as a kid? i did when i was 9 about 4 times and loved it as it was one of my favorite comic based movies. I had all the cards (have them in an album), t-shirt, poster, hat, Mcdonalds cups, 4 of the toys, magazine and all that.

This movie was like Sin City of the 90s, who agrees? i mean similar with the crime saga feel with comic book look to it like in comics and make-up and all that.

This movie had a nice all star cast like Al Pacino who is fantastic and hilarious as Big Boy Caprice, Dustin Hoffman was great as Mumbles yet he reminded me of his Rain Man character somehow. Mandy Patakin was neat as 88Keys and he was a good singer in the film no doubt, Charles Durning was perfect for the chief and had his Francis Griffen accent for it. And so much more.

Last edited by DenOfEarth; 05-21-2013 at 07:27 AM.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:57 PM   #544
Power Member

Sep 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenOfEarth View Post
Who else saw this in theaters as a kid?
Me too. I was 10 years old and since I was a big madonna fan at that time I loved the film and all the aesthetics which reminded me a bit of Tim Burton.
I love those times.. I wish I could be a kid again, and watch for the first time all these movies..
Most wanted Blurays: Raintree County, Star Wars OT, Spacecamp, Spacehunter: adventures in the forbidden zone, Maurice, Explorers, Mayerling, Supergirl, Krull, Free Willy, Return to Oz, True Lies, Abyss, Bringing Up Baby, Death in Venice, Wilde, Ulysses 31, Ducktales, Candy Candy (anime series)
Old 05-20-2013, 03:31 PM   #545
Power Member

Feb 2012
Pittsburgh

I wish I would have bought this during U&S
Old 05-20-2013, 03:54 PM   #546

Apr 2009
London, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmmusic View Post
Me too. I was 10 years old and since I was a big madonna fan at that time I loved the film and all the aesthetics which reminded me a bit of Tim Burton.
I love those times.. I wish I could be a kid again, and watch for the first time all these movies..
I did aswell. Fond memories of watching this. I still have a metal police badge that was released around the same time. I also wanted to get a watch that was out but couldn't afford it. I this a few years ago as the BFI had a season of Comic book hero films. At the time there was a strong rumour of a VISTA release.
I always remember seeing a making of feature and Beatty saying how close that exploding car behind was when he was doing that shot in the end shoot out.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:34 AM   #547

May 2011

Who agrees this movie is similar to Sin City?

The make-up effects are fantastic and LittleFace looks kind of like Thunder from Big Trouble in Little China when Thunder inflated.

Speaking of Madonna, i gotta say that she was quite sexy in this movie as Breathless Mahoney and when i was 9 seeing this in theaters, when she came out in that black see-through nightgown (remember that scene especially with her epic tits nearly visible?), holy shit! one of those scenes in a movie that ushered me to manhood,
Old 05-21-2013, 10:02 AM   #548
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2010

I've compared Sin City to Dick Tracy on more than one occasion. Prior to Sin City...which really is the perfect translation of page to screen...Dick Tracy was probably the one film that went the furthest toward presenting itself as a live-action comic strip. The Sunday Edition-inspired color palette is amazing.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:49 PM   #549
Power Member

Sep 2010

I just found this video of Sooner or Later at the Oscars, and says it's a Laser Disc edit!!
So, the laserdisc had extras, including this song?

Most wanted Blurays: Raintree County, Star Wars OT, Spacecamp, Spacehunter: adventures in the forbidden zone, Maurice, Explorers, Mayerling, Supergirl, Krull, Free Willy, Return to Oz, True Lies, Abyss, Bringing Up Baby, Death in Venice, Wilde, Ulysses 31, Ducktales, Candy Candy (anime series)
Old 06-20-2013, 06:05 PM   #550

Aug 2009

Quote:
I just found this video of Sooner or Later at the Oscars, and says it's a Laser Disc edit!!
So, the laserdisc had extras, including this song?

Madonna 03.25.91 - The Academy Awards (Sooner Or Later - laserdisc edit) - YouTube
I don't think this was from a Dick Tracy release. The Academy Awards released a video compilation at some point in the 90's showcasing highlights from the history of the Oscars ceremonies. I used to own the VHS, and this edit is the exact same one, with the same cheesy graphics in the beginning. It's possible it was released on LaserDisc as well.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:36 PM   #551
Power Member

Sep 2010

oh, ok then. Thanks for the info! :-)
Old 06-21-2013, 03:17 AM   #552
Power Member

Feb 2012
Pittsburgh
Default Dick Tracy (1990) - December 11, 2012

Yeah, the Dick Tracy LD had no special features, though I think it was in CAV format
Old 03-01-2014, 09:53 PM   #553

Jan 2013
US

Anyone know if the slipcover for this movie is OOP? I'm wondering if I should order it from amazon or not.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:54 PM   #554

Aug 2008
Rochester, N.Y.

I just saw this at Best Buy yesterday with other Disney movies that had been out a while, and they all had their original slips. Not all of Disney's back catalog, just some.
JackKnight_Starman Profiler List

Mitsubishi WD65835 65" DLP RPTV
Oppo BDP-93
Panasonic DMP-BD50
Logitech Harmony 1000 Remote
Onkyo TX-SR609 A/V Reciever
Old 03-02-2014, 07:54 PM   #555
Power Member

Feb 2012
Pittsburgh

It looks like it's on sale for about $13 on Amazon, so maybe it's back at Best Buy for that price as well?
Old 03-02-2014, 10:50 PM   #556

Jan 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThriceKnight View Post
Anyone know if the slipcover for this movie is OOP? I'm wondering if I should order it from amazon or not.
I own the film and don't use the slips, so if you get one without a slip I'll send it to you for cost of shipping if you want.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:03 AM   #557
Power Member

Sep 2010

I bought the zavvi steelbook and it's EXCEPTIONAL!!
I would prefer that one over the slipcover.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:35 AM   #558

May 2013
Camp Crystal Lake

Quote:
I bought the zavvi steelbook and it's EXCEPTIONAL!!
I would prefer that one over the slipcover.
Is there artwork on the inside of the steel edition or is it just plain metal? I have the regular US edition but would sell it and buy the steel if its done right.
ISO : Original Capitol / EMI IRON MAIDEN Cd's from the 1980's. PM me.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:51 AM   #559
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvorhees View Post
Is there artwork on the inside of the steel edition or is it just plain metal? I have the regular US edition but would sell it and buy the steel if its done right.
Inside art courtesy of DominiCD at HDN:

[Show spoiler]
Old 03-03-2014, 02:53 AM   #560
Trading Moderator

Sep 2008
Orange County, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThriceKnight View Post
If you order through Amazon it's a 50/50 chance you will not get the slipcover.
MMMMM!! I love the smell of brand new slipcovers!!!

Trade Forum

Collectibles and Limited Editions
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America