Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Supergirl: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$36.99
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Star Trek Beyond 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
London Has Fallen (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Wolf Man: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$28.85
The Flash: The Complete First Season w/ Figurine (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Arrow: The Complete Seasons 1-3 (Blu-ray)
$51.99
DC's Legends of Tomorrow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
DC Starter Pack (Blu-ray)
$46.49
Ghostbusters 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Game of Thrones: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$58.89
Star Trek Beyond (Blu-ray)
$24.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2016, 05:27 PM   #8081
k_huntington k_huntington is offline
Active Member
 
k_huntington's Avatar
 
Apr 2014
Tulsa, OK
439
11
Default

so i was on amazon just now, and its nagging at me to pick up a region free UK set. i already have the region a set from years ago (the original release) is the uk set the same transfer of JP1 as US set? and looking at the current region a single release says "digitally remastered + 7.1" on the back, but i'm guessing universal hasn't rescanned this though for a new single 2d release, correct? just wondering if in the years since there has been a better 2d release.
"God creates Dinosaur, God destroys dinosaur, God creates man, man destroys God, man creates dinosaur." -Ian Malcolm, 1993

Night Trap: The Legacy Cut. a fan edit i did, sourced directly from the original data files on the Panasonic 3DO discs.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 10:11 PM   #8082
Indiana Jones Indiana Jones is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Aug 2009
Bristol, England
30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_huntington View Post
so i was on amazon just now, and its nagging at me to pick up a region free UK set. i already have the region a set from years ago (the original release) is the uk set the same transfer of JP1 as US set? and looking at the current region a single release says "digitally remastered + 7.1" on the back, but i'm guessing universal hasn't rescanned this though for a new single 2d release, correct? just wondering if in the years since there has been a better 2d release.
Exactly the same discs worldwide.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 03:48 PM   #8083
1924 1924 is online now
Active Member
 
Apr 2014
Default

Anyone know if Lost World got a new transfer? Out of the three it looks the best and the biggest improvement over the DVD
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 03:55 PM   #8084
Geoff D Geoff D is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Geoff D's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland
1018
3
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1924 View Post
Anyone know if Lost World got a new transfer? Out of the three it looks the best and the biggest improvement over the DVD
I think it did, yes. It looks far too good to be some old off-the-shelf master that Universal had lying around, which is such a shame because it's pretty darned poor as a movie. As Velvet always says: there ain't no justice in the world.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
StingingVelvet (07-06-2016)
Old 07-06-2016, 04:12 PM   #8085
The Fallen Deity The Fallen Deity is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
The Fallen Deity's Avatar
 
Jul 2011
The Land Of The Scots
243
43
3
Default

Yeah TLW is definitely the best looking of the three on BD. You can easily tell that 1 & 3 use the same masters that were used for the DVD's but TLW I'm not sure what master they used because all I know is that it looks quite different from the DVD.
Normal is boring
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 04:18 PM   #8086
MechaGodzilla MechaGodzilla is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
MechaGodzilla's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Sweden
216
322
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
I think it did, yes. It looks far too good to be some old off-the-shelf master that Universal had lying around, which is such a shame because it's pretty darned poor as a movie. As Velvet always says: there ain't no justice in the world.
Bah, The Lost World is the best of the sequels (I know I know, you could easily make some snarky comment about its competition ), and not even that far below the first film.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Stark (07-06-2016), UltraMario9 (07-07-2016)
Old 07-06-2016, 11:12 PM   #8087
StingingVelvet StingingVelvet is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
StingingVelvet's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA
1045
249
42
Default

I dunno about the movie as a whole but that part where the music ramps up and Roland walks away making fun of pansies, or the great part with the music and the DON'T GO INTO THE HIGH GRASS, are worth owning the disc for.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 11:21 PM   #8088
The Fallen Deity The Fallen Deity is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
The Fallen Deity's Avatar
 
Jul 2011
The Land Of The Scots
243
43
3
Default

I actually quite like the San Diego part of the film. It's a clear homage to classic monster films and that Arnold Schwarzenegger King Lear poster is hilarious.
Normal is boring
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
UltraMario9 (07-07-2016)
Old 07-06-2016, 11:23 PM   #8089
Geoff D Geoff D is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Geoff D's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland
1018
3
9
Default

I'll give you the double Rex attack on the trailer, I love the music in that scene.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 11:27 PM   #8090
The Fallen Deity The Fallen Deity is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
The Fallen Deity's Avatar
 
Jul 2011
The Land Of The Scots
243
43
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
I'll give you the double Rex attack on the trailer, I love the music in that scene.
Eddie's death is brutal. The guy didn't deserve to die.
Normal is boring
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 11:27 PM   #8091
StingingVelvet StingingVelvet is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
StingingVelvet's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA
1045
249
42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
I'll give you the double Rex attack on the trailer, I love the music in that scene.
I love the whole score, I think it's a big reason I find the movie more fun than a lot of others do. It's weird how totally flawed it is as a film though, considering the name on the bottom of the poster.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 12:09 AM   #8092
JohnCarpenterFan JohnCarpenterFan is offline
Senior Member
 
JohnCarpenterFan's Avatar
 
Jun 2015
295
Default

The Lost World looks incredible on Blu-ray, and I remember back when the trilogy set first came out, The Lost World was said to look the worst out of the three because apparently it was soft and therefore DNR'd with weak colors.

When I bought it and watched it, I was very surprised at how good it looked. The soft look is intentional as most of Spielberg's latest have a similar look, the grain is still there and looks natural, and the somewhat muted colors are intentional and Spielberg has been using the bleach-bypassed look for the past twenty years or so.

I see so many comments asking for remasters of The Lost World and War of the Worlds, and I'm just like "Why?"
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 12:22 AM   #8093
StingingVelvet StingingVelvet is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
StingingVelvet's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA
1045
249
42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCarpenterFan View Post
The Lost World looks incredible on Blu-ray, and I remember back when the trilogy set first came out, The Lost World was said to look the worst out of the three because apparently it was soft and therefore DNR'd with weak colors.

When I bought it and watched it, I was very surprised at how good it looked. The soft look is intentional as most of Spielberg's latest have a similar look, the grain is still there and looks natural, and the somewhat muted colors are intentional and Spielberg has been using the bleach-bypassed look for the past twenty years or so.

I see so many comments asking for remasters of The Lost World and War of the Worlds, and I'm just like "Why?"
Reviewers loved edge-enhancement and DNR back then. Read reviews for stuff like The Mummy and Basic Instinct. Will knock you on your ass. Buyers unfortunately feel roughly the same way in large, and when you tell them it's supposed to look soft or grainy they tell you they might as well watch a DVD.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 01:17 AM   #8094
Fabs Fabs is offline
Senior Member
 
Fabs's Avatar
 
Nov 2013
-
-
Default

The Lost World is great just for the fact that it has Pete Postlethwaite. That man was an incredible actor and he did an amazing job with Roland.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
StingingVelvet (07-07-2016), UltraMario9 (07-07-2016)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:51 PM.