Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Supergirl: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$36.99
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Star Trek Beyond 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
London Has Fallen (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Wolf Man: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$28.85
The Flash: The Complete First Season w/ Figurine (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Arrow: The Complete Seasons 1-3 (Blu-ray)
$51.99
DC's Legends of Tomorrow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
DC Starter Pack (Blu-ray)
$46.49
Ghostbusters 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Game of Thrones: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$58.89
Star Trek Beyond (Blu-ray)
$24.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 05-28-2016, 05:27 PM   #8081

Apr 2014
Tulsa, OK

so i was on amazon just now, and its nagging at me to pick up a region free UK set. i already have the region a set from years ago (the original release) is the uk set the same transfer of JP1 as US set? and looking at the current region a single release says "digitally remastered + 7.1" on the back, but i'm guessing universal hasn't rescanned this though for a new single 2d release, correct? just wondering if in the years since there has been a better 2d release.
"God creates Dinosaur, God destroys dinosaur, God creates man, man destroys God, man creates dinosaur." -Ian Malcolm, 1993

Night Trap: The Legacy Cut. a fan edit i did, sourced directly from the original data files on the Panasonic 3DO discs.
Old 05-28-2016, 10:11 PM   #8082
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009
Bristol, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_huntington View Post
so i was on amazon just now, and its nagging at me to pick up a region free UK set. i already have the region a set from years ago (the original release) is the uk set the same transfer of JP1 as US set? and looking at the current region a single release says "digitally remastered + 7.1" on the back, but i'm guessing universal hasn't rescanned this though for a new single 2d release, correct? just wondering if in the years since there has been a better 2d release.
Exactly the same discs worldwide.
Old 07-06-2016, 03:48 PM   #8083

Apr 2014

Anyone know if Lost World got a new transfer? Out of the three it looks the best and the biggest improvement over the DVD
Old 07-06-2016, 03:55 PM   #8084
Blu-ray Prince

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1924 View Post
Anyone know if Lost World got a new transfer? Out of the three it looks the best and the biggest improvement over the DVD
I think it did, yes. It looks far too good to be some old off-the-shelf master that Universal had lying around, which is such a shame because it's pretty darned poor as a movie. As Velvet always says: there ain't no justice in the world.
Thanks given by:
StingingVelvet (07-06-2016)
Old 07-06-2016, 04:12 PM   #8085
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2011
The Land Of The Scots

Yeah TLW is definitely the best looking of the three on BD. You can easily tell that 1 & 3 use the same masters that were used for the DVD's but TLW I'm not sure what master they used because all I know is that it looks quite different from the DVD.
Normal is boring
Old 07-06-2016, 04:18 PM   #8086
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2012
Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
I think it did, yes. It looks far too good to be some old off-the-shelf master that Universal had lying around, which is such a shame because it's pretty darned poor as a movie. As Velvet always says: there ain't no justice in the world.
Bah, The Lost World is the best of the sequels (I know I know, you could easily make some snarky comment about its competition ), and not even that far below the first film.
Thanks given by:
Stark (07-06-2016), UltraMario9 (07-07-2016)
Old 07-06-2016, 11:12 PM   #8087
Blu-ray Count

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

I dunno about the movie as a whole but that part where the music ramps up and Roland walks away making fun of pansies, or the great part with the music and the DON'T GO INTO THE HIGH GRASS, are worth owning the disc for.
Old 07-06-2016, 11:21 PM   #8088
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2011
The Land Of The Scots

I actually quite like the San Diego part of the film. It's a clear homage to classic monster films and that Arnold Schwarzenegger King Lear poster is hilarious.
Normal is boring
Thanks given by:
UltraMario9 (07-07-2016)
Old 07-06-2016, 11:23 PM   #8089
Blu-ray Prince

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

I'll give you the double Rex attack on the trailer, I love the music in that scene.
Old 07-06-2016, 11:27 PM   #8090
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2011
The Land Of The Scots

Quote:
I'll give you the double Rex attack on the trailer, I love the music in that scene.
Eddie's death is brutal. The guy didn't deserve to die.
Normal is boring
Old 07-06-2016, 11:27 PM   #8091
Blu-ray Count

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
I love the whole score, I think it's a big reason I find the movie more fun than a lot of others do. It's weird how totally flawed it is as a film though, considering the name on the bottom of the poster.
Old 07-07-2016, 12:09 AM   #8092

Jun 2015

The Lost World looks incredible on Blu-ray, and I remember back when the trilogy set first came out, The Lost World was said to look the worst out of the three because apparently it was soft and therefore DNR'd with weak colors.

When I bought it and watched it, I was very surprised at how good it looked. The soft look is intentional as most of Spielberg's latest have a similar look, the grain is still there and looks natural, and the somewhat muted colors are intentional and Spielberg has been using the bleach-bypassed look for the past twenty years or so.

I see so many comments asking for remasters of The Lost World and War of the Worlds, and I'm just like "Why?"
Old 07-07-2016, 12:22 AM   #8093
Blu-ray Count

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCarpenterFan View Post
The Lost World looks incredible on Blu-ray, and I remember back when the trilogy set first came out, The Lost World was said to look the worst out of the three because apparently it was soft and therefore DNR'd with weak colors.

When I bought it and watched it, I was very surprised at how good it looked. The soft look is intentional as most of Spielberg's latest have a similar look, the grain is still there and looks natural, and the somewhat muted colors are intentional and Spielberg has been using the bleach-bypassed look for the past twenty years or so.

I see so many comments asking for remasters of The Lost World and War of the Worlds, and I'm just like "Why?"
Reviewers loved edge-enhancement and DNR back then. Read reviews for stuff like The Mummy and Basic Instinct. Will knock you on your ass. Buyers unfortunately feel roughly the same way in large, and when you tell them it's supposed to look soft or grainy they tell you they might as well watch a DVD.
Old 07-07-2016, 01:17 AM   #8094

Nov 2013
-
-

The Lost World is great just for the fact that it has Pete Postlethwaite. That man was an incredible actor and he did an amazing job with Roland.
Thanks given by:
StingingVelvet (07-07-2016), UltraMario9 (07-07-2016)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America