Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
American Horror Story: Asylum (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Taken 3 (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Rose (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Fantastic Mr. Fox (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole / Hugo (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Parts 1 & 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Sullivanís Travels (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Clash of the Titans 3D / Wrath of the Titans 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Merchant of Four Seasons (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Da Vinci's Demons: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Rushmore (Blu-ray)
$19.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old Today, 05:00 PM   #341
george n george n is offline
Member
 
Oct 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodChester View Post
Great looking pics. This release has a great physical presentation. Only thing I was disappointed with was the disc art. I was hoping for something more from the actual film on it. However, I don't have any other Mondo releases so I'm not sure if all the discs look like this and they are just following their design standards.

Anyways can't wait to watch this over the weekend.
This is how all their titles are presented and they look great with the matching spines and red cases. Jared can we expect ltd ed(red case) versions of 'the slave' & 'devils business'? I understand they are a limited pressing already, or will the red case ltd ed versions just be on forthcoming releases? Also i own all the jess franco releases but i would welcome blu ray upgrades. I can understand concerns about fan backlash but can't see any of that happening. I just want to draw peoples attention to 'mystics in bali'...its not a blu ray but is easily my favourite mondo macabro release ever. To any horror fans who think they have seen it all i urge you to check it out...it's possibly crazier than the 'boxers omen'
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:27 PM   #342
Jared A. Jared A. is online now
Mondo Macabro Insider
 
Mar 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodChester View Post
Great looking pics. This release has a great physical presentation. Only thing I was disappointed with was the disc art. I was hoping for something more from the actual film on it. However, I don't have any other Mondo releases so I'm not sure if all the discs look like this and they are just following their design standards.

Anyways can't wait to watch this over the weekend.
Yeah, there wasn't really anything all that good art-wise for us to use, so we went to our usual artist in these cases, Gilles Vranckx. Personally I love his art and think it fits both the films and our overall aesthetic. But we do like to use original ad art pertaining to the film when we can. Most of our upcoming Greek releases will have the original lurid graphics from the 70s, for example.

Last edited by Jared A.; Today at 05:32 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:32 PM   #343
Jared A. Jared A. is online now
Mondo Macabro Insider
 
Mar 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by george n View Post
This is how all their titles are presented and they look great with the matching spines and red cases. Jared can we expect ltd ed(red case) versions of 'the slave' & 'devils business'? I understand they are a limited pressing already, or will the red case ltd ed versions just be on forthcoming releases? Also i own all the jess franco releases but i would welcome blu ray upgrades. I can understand concerns about fan backlash but can't see any of that happening. I just want to draw peoples attention to 'mystics in bali'...its not a blu ray but is easily my favourite mondo macabro release ever. To any horror fans who think they have seen it all i urge you to check it out...it's possibly crazier than the 'boxers omen'
We haven't talked about it, but I have had the thought about doing super limited red case editions of SLAVE and DEVIL'S. Or maybe having just the case and adapted cover for sale by themselves for folks who already own them? Not sure if either option is really feasible, but it's on my back burner at least.

I think we are doing some Franco upgrades, but no firm details to share yet.

MYSTICS IN BALI is one of our favorites as well. No blu for that one, but the DVD should remain in print for a long time yet.

I'll also reveal here for the first time that we are working with an artist friend of ours on a MYSTICS t-shirt. We are really excited about the design, and think you guys will dig it.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Undeadcow (Today)
Old Today, 05:42 PM   #344
jah13 jah13 is offline
Senior Member
 
Feb 2010
Default

The Japanese poster.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg japanese_b2_trance_HP00044_L.jpg (93.7 KB, 12 views)
"Carpenter is practically a God when it comes to movie making. His movies are on an entirely different level." - nagysaudio

"What an arrogant piece of shit." - John Carpenter (about himself)
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:44 PM   #345
jah13 jah13 is offline
Senior Member
 
Feb 2010
Default

A German poster.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg !BnkIBcgBGk~$(KGrHqQOKjQEtlp-8MqSBLj+vkQm1w~~_12.JPG (37.2 KB, 10 views)
"Carpenter is practically a God when it comes to movie making. His movies are on an entirely different level." - nagysaudio

"What an arrogant piece of shit." - John Carpenter (about himself)
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:45 PM   #346
jah13 jah13 is offline
Senior Member
 
Feb 2010
Default

Another German poster.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg !Bmh0LHg!mk~$(KGrHqMOKkEEtlCvQbyQBLf6lJBlow~~_12.JPG (49.8 KB, 10 views)
"Carpenter is practically a God when it comes to movie making. His movies are on an entirely different level." - nagysaudio

"What an arrogant piece of shit." - John Carpenter (about himself)
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:47 PM   #347
Undeadcow Undeadcow is online now
Power Member
 
Nov 2011
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared A. View Post
...I think we are doing some Franco upgrades, but no firm details to share yet...
Like... Lorna the Exorcist?!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared A. View Post
...I have had the thought about doing super limited red case editions of SLAVE and DEVIL'S. Or maybe having just the case and adapted cover for sale by themselves for folks who already own them? Not sure if either option is really feasible, but it's on my back burner at least...
Personally I'm not likely to repurchase Slave or Devil's Business or buy just a case/art (unless the price was really cheap). I'd rather see something new (or a new to high definition upgrade). I would be more likely to purchase a movie poster print if it was really cool and I was a fan of the movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared A. View Post
MYSTICS IN BALI is one of our favorites as well. No blu for that one...
Boo!
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:27 PM   #348
schlock schlock is offline
Senior Member
 
schlock's Avatar
 
May 2014
USA
2
Default

I think that that Japanese poster and the second German poster are a bit spoilerific. I prefer the subtle artwork Mondo came up with. The only other art I can think of is the Canadian video release which was just a photo of Nosbusch with her head tilted back. I much prefer artwork over a photo as well, so Mondo wins over all of these.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Jared A. (Today)
Old Today, 07:56 PM   #349
Jared A. Jared A. is online now
Mondo Macabro Insider
 
Mar 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jah13 View Post
Another German poster.
Some of those are not bad as posters, but I don't think any of them work as the basis for one of our covers.

Personally, I think Gilles knocked it out of the park with this one.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:59 PM   #350
Jared A. Jared A. is online now
Mondo Macabro Insider
 
Mar 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeadcow View Post
Like... Lorna the Exorcist?!?Personally I'm not likely to repurchase Slave or Devil's Business or buy just a case/art (unless the price was really cheap). I'd rather see something new (or a new to high definition upgrade). I would be more likely to purchase a movie poster print if it was really cool and I was a fan of the movie.Boo!
Nope, not LORNA.

Yeah, it would only be either a cheap thing to buy the new case, or a limited run BD-only thing. Not a full re-issue by any means. And it's not a priority. Just a thought.

We might do some of Gilles' Franco designs as limited edition art prints. It's in talks anyway.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:19 PM.