Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Avengers 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.22
8 hrs ago
Sicario (Blu-ray)
$4.00

12 Monkeys (Blu-ray)
$29.33

Halloween 4K (Blu-ray)
$20.13
7 hrs ago
Ash vs Evil Dead: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Pacific Rim: Uprising (Blu-ray)
$11.99

Blockers (Blu-ray)
$11.99

Supergirl: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$12.99

The Blacklist: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Tag (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Truth or Dare (Blu-ray)
$11.99

Sicario: Day of the Soldado (Blu-ray)
$26.34

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 05-09-2013, 05:09 AM   #181
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstream View Post
Just the first volume? I haven't compared Part One and Two visually to each other, but when I watched them both they looked the same in quality to me. Did you actually see a difference in design or the animation or something?
I don't know if it was the shift in setting or art style as the Joker became more prominent, but I felt the first part simply looked better than the second part of The Dark Knight Returns. We're still talking in near-reference terms, it was a matter of small differences.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:35 AM   #182
Special Member

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstream View Post
I've been saying that for years! Superman is too tied down to his supporting cast and settings. Lois and the Daily Planet especially have become a ball and chain for the character. Batman works best within his isolated environment of Gotham, but Superman works best when his character goes beyond Metropolis and he's a hero for the entire world... and even the galaxy.
I agree. I assume comic book writers used to aspire to being "real" journalists and that's why the weird love affair with reporters. Perhaps it used to seem rather intrepid. I feel at some point Clark would just be Superman full time. I would love to see an animated adaption of Kingdom Come. This story reignited my interest in comics after I lost interest for years due to the "dark & gritty" downward spiral Marvel took around the Mutant Massacre storyline. I felt like Wolverine's popularity caused writers to try and make everyone edgy. Kingdom Come seemed to address this issue directly. I really liked the way it
[Show spoiler]brought Wonder Woman and Superman together, a pairing that always seemed more natural to me for Supes than sassy, mortal reporter Lois Lane.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:44 AM   #183
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980

It wasn't the best but to me the worst are still Gotham Knight and Year One and one that is escaping my memory atm. Think we're overdue for one where the main character is a female member of the league, although Supergirl is probably a bit over-exposed at this point.
RIP Navster, you were someone I considered a friend and BD.com will always remember you.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:53 AM   #184

Sep 2012

First DC animated movies in awhile that I didn't really care for. I didn't care for how some of the characters looked but they grew on me. At least it wasn't another Lex Luthor is the villain movie. I think the rude gesture was my favorite part of the movie.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:31 AM   #185
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2011
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGDANGER View Post
I agree. I assume comic book writers used to aspire to being "real" journalists and that's why the weird love affair with reporters. Perhaps it used to seem rather intrepid. I feel at some point Clark would just be Superman full time. I would love to see an animated adaption of Kingdom Come. This story reignited my interest in comics after I lost interest for years due to the "dark & gritty" downward spiral Marvel took around the Mutant Massacre storyline. I felt like Wolverine's popularity caused writers to try and make everyone edgy. Kingdom Come seemed to address this issue directly. I really liked the way it
[Show spoiler]brought Wonder Woman and Superman together, a pairing that always seemed more natural to me for Supes than sassy, mortal reporter Lois Lane.
Kingdom Come cannot be done with a 75 minute format or even 2 75 min discs.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:55 AM   #186
Special Member

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmon77 View Post
Kingdom Come cannot be done with a 75 minute format or even 2 75 min discs.
I think it could be done successfully enough in 2 parts ala The Dark Knight Returns. There was a ton of content omitted from All-Star Superman but I still enjoyed it as presented. This is an important story that demands mainstream attention. The art direction would have to be taken to a whole new level to do it justice.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:13 AM   #187
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2011
New York City

Quote:
I think it could be done successfully enough in 2 parts ala The Dark Knight Returns. There was a ton of content omitted from All-Star Superman but I still enjoyed it as presented. This is an important story that demands mainstream attention. The art direction would have to be taken to a whole new level to do it justice.
Id disagree an edited 2 disc version would suffice.
all star superman is one hero so trimming the content can pass.

Kingdom come IMO, is more multifaceted, where trimming or rewriting wouldnt do it justice. This and Crisis need more than 2 parts.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:26 PM   #188
Blu-ray Grand Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmon77 View Post
Id disagree an edited 2 disc version would suffice.
all star superman is one hero so trimming the content can pass.

Kingdom come IMO, is more multifaceted, where trimming or rewriting wouldnt do it justice. This and Crisis need more than 2 parts.
Of course more parts would be nice, but it could be done in a 2-parter, and still remain faithful to the source material.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:28 PM   #189
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Quote:
Kingdom Come seemed to address this issue directly. I really liked the way it
Are you reading the current Justice League comic book? You do realize that Superman and Wonder Woman are in a romance together at the moment? Lois is dating other men.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:31 PM   #190
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
Are you reading the current Justice League comic book? You do realize that Superman and Wonder Woman are in a romance together at the moment? Lois is dating other men.
And of course you're perfectly okay with that, right? Even though Clark Kent and Lois Lane are probably THE quintessential comic book couple.
RIP Navster, you were someone I considered a friend and BD.com will always remember you.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:37 PM   #191
Blu-ray Archduke

Sep 2010
Austin, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Anakin View Post
And of course you're perfectly okay with that, right? Even though Clark Kent and Lois Lane are probably THE quintessential comic book couple.
Peter and MJ are the quintessential comic couple. No intersperses sexual relations.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:38 PM   #192
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2012

Quote:
I actually like the idea of Superman and Wonder Woman together, but it's a shame they aren't focusing on developing that romance without it being threaded through yet another multi-title crossover. I did just read though that Geoff Johns is planning to turn that whole romance south and things won't end well with their relationship. I guess it was an interesting idea while it lasted, but DC probably want to get Lois back in the picture to coincide with the Man of Steel movie.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:49 PM   #193
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Quote:
I didn't mind DC making me single again, though I was not in favor of the overall reboot. DC had proven over the last two decades that there aren't as many exciting story possibilities for a married couple and the same emotional territory had been mined over and over again in the relationship. I prefer the Superman love triangle but modern writers don't think that works anymore.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:51 PM   #194
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2010

Quote:
I didn't mind DC making me single again, though I was not in favor of the overall reboot. DC had proven over the last two decades that there aren't as many exciting story possibilities for a married couple and the same emotional territory had been mined over and over again in the relationship. I prefer the Superman love triangle but modern writers don't think that works anymore.
+1 this.
R.I.P.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:58 PM   #195
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2011
New York City

I recall a very brief Superman - Wonder Woman love connection/re-introduction in the late 80's after she was rebooted after her "death" in Crisis On Infinite Earths.

Action Comics #600.

Im from the era where Supes still hung out w/ Lori Lumaris and other girls and wasnt joined at the hip to Lois.

I always like Frank Miller's take on this w/ in TDK2 w/ Diana as Clark's woman, and Lois unable to copulate w/ Supes w/out dying.
In the 70's she would stay in a under red sun radiation so the Kryptonian baby wouldnt hurt her.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:17 PM   #196
Power Member

Feb 2009
Anaheim, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ Smoove View Post
Peter and MJ are the quintessential comic couple. No intersperses sexual relations.
I think you mean inter-species relations.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:24 PM   #197
Blu-ray Archduke

Sep 2010
Austin, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainYoda View Post
Yeah, I did. Apparently my iPhone didn't.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:28 PM   #198
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainYoda View Post
I honestly mis-read RJ's typo as inter-herpes relations the first time I saw it, not sure what inter-sperses is either.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:35 PM   #199
Blu-ray Archduke

Sep 2010
Austin, TX

Quote:
I honestly mis-read RJ's typo as inter-herpes relations the first time I saw it, not sure what inter-sperses is either.
It means to spread things among a group. Think disperse, but inter (within). But my phone autocorrected when I was typing interspecies because I left out the hyphen.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:40 PM   #200
Blu-ray Grand Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ Smoove View Post
It means to spread things among a group. Think disperse, but inter (within). But my phone autocorrected when I was typing interspecies because I left out the hyphen.
Does your iPhone have the latest firmware update?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America