Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Star Trek Enterprise: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.96
The Lair of the White Worm (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Vietnam War (Blu-ray)
$80.85
Alien: Covenant 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.54
Alien: Covenant (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Heat (Blu-ray)
$6.99
Mars (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Power Rangers (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Smurfs: The Lost Village (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Fifth Element 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Life (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Boss Baby 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Newbie Discussion

Old 05-09-2017, 04:05 AM   #5361

May 2017
Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopyntx View Post
Well I used to back up a few of my Disc so I kinda know where your coming from, but a few years back I found out about UV's and now there is no point for me to back up anything or even buy hard copies unless its a collectable blu-ray, Steelbook, 3D or 4K one. I have over 1K UV's, iTunes and Disney Movies Anywhere that I can access from any where and can download offline. Keep checking, maybe later you can get a team going and make your our tread on your topic. Good luck
I don't think I'll ever be able to trust any online system for my movies. I want the physical copy of any movie that I've bought.
In Denmark we've already tried once that a certain music service stopped, resulting in all the music you'd bought just wasn't available anymore. No thanks, not for me. :-)

Anyway, I also think there's a difference between home video and studio movies. I don't want my personal home video online, which is why Blu-ray discs are perfect.

I think a lot of people are recording small video clips with their phones here and there. Vacations, and various events. But where do these clip end up? On the harddisk? Such clips ought to be polished and put on a Blu-ray disc, as a playable backup that'll last till your grandchildren have grown up.
Old 05-09-2017, 05:21 AM   #5362

Mar 2014
T E X A S

Quote:
Originally Posted by misthalu View Post
I don't think I'll ever be able to trust any online system for my movies. I want the physical copy of any movie that I've bought.
In Denmark we've already tried once that a certain music service stopped, resulting in all the music you'd bought just wasn't available anymore. No thanks, not for me. :-)

Anyway, I also think there's a difference between home video and studio movies. I don't want my personal home video online, which is why Blu-ray discs are perfect.

I think a lot of people are recording small video clips with their phones here and there. Vacations, and various events. But where do these clip end up? On the harddisk? Such clips ought to be polished and put on a Blu-ray disc, as a playable backup that'll last till your grandchildren have grown up.
Now days most computers back up to a external hard drive which holds home clips movies and studio movies along with pictures and files. You can find a Terabyte almost anywhere now or pay to store them in the cloud for a few $ a year. Which mean they will never be lost stolen or burn down. Some people even use YouTube to keep there videos in one place and they lock them as private. Keep looking around the Forum and you find others that have studio collections well over 3K in there digital lockers, http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=225496 iTunes, UV and Disney Movies Anywhere are not going anywhere and just like DVD's leaving the market for Blu-ray's, I am sure some day Blu-rays well be second to UHD 4K disc.
UV:1386 - UHD: 6 - HDX: 1173 - SD: 213 - TV: 74S - 3DUV: 21 - DMA: 122
Old 05-09-2017, 10:49 AM   #5363

May 2017
Denmark

Quote:
Now days most computers back up to a external hard drive which holds home clips movies and studio movies along with pictures and files. You can find a Terabyte almost anywhere now or pay to store them in the cloud for a few $ a year. Which mean they will never be lost stolen or burn down. Some people even use YouTube to keep there videos in one place and they lock them as private. Keep looking around the Forum and you find others that have studio collections well over 3K in there digital lockers, iTunes, UV and Disney Movies Anywhere are not going anywhere and just like DVD's leaving the market for Blu-ray's, I am sure some day Blu-rays well be second to UHD 4K disc.
It will always be a matter of preferences.

I have about 250 Blu-ray movies at the moment, and probably 750 DVDs. I just prefer having my movies visibly placed in my bookcase, rather than hiding them on a harddisk that would require a size of 10 terabytes.
It's not that I consider myself a collector. I don't. I just find it neat and handy to have the physical media, with the cover and description and everything.

I have absolutely no need to be able to watch my movies anywhere but at home. If I want to watch a movie elsewhere, I'll just bring the movie with me that I want to watch. That's an advantage of the physical media. Easy to bring with me, and easy to let my mates borrow a movie.

As for personal home-video, as soon as you put it online, it's not private anymore. And again: I don't need to be able to watch it anywhere at any time.

The socalled experts also say that the future we're heading towards won't be one where the physical media is dead, but rather one that has it all. There'll always be a group of people who prefer having the physical media. So the future will have it all. Sounds right to me.
Old 05-09-2017, 06:08 PM   #5364

Mar 2014
T E X A S

Quote:
It will always be a matter of preferences.

I have about 250 Blu-ray movies at the moment, and probably 750 DVDs. I just prefer having my movies visibly placed in my bookcase, rather than hiding them on a harddisk that would require a size of 10 terabytes.
It's not that I consider myself a collector. I don't. I just find it neat and handy to have the physical media, with the cover and description and everything.

I have absolutely no need to be able to watch my movies anywhere but at home. If I want to watch a movie elsewhere, I'll just bring the movie with me that I want to watch. That's an advantage of the physical media. Easy to bring with me, and easy to let my mates borrow a movie.

As for personal home-video, as soon as you put it online, it's not private anymore. And again: I don't need to be able to watch it anywhere at any time.

The socalled experts also say that the future we're heading towards won't be one where the physical media is dead, but rather one that has it all. There'll always be a group of people who prefer having the physical media. So the future will have it all. Sounds right to me.
Here is a Thread you and some newbies may enjoy checking out.
Post Pictures of your Blu-ray Collection
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=99352
Old 05-10-2017, 12:52 AM   #5365

May 2017
Question What am I doing wrong?

Is the third time the charm? This is now the third time I've had to sign up. The last two times my account disappeared a few minutes after making my first post. Those posts are still here but are listed as if I was using a "Guest" account. I submitted a message to the site administrator yesterday when this happened using a link provided when I tried to login with my vanished username and password, but never heard back. So I'm trying once more to see if it will finally work. So here goes nothing...
Old 05-10-2017, 04:25 AM   #5366

May 2017
Denmark

Quote:
Here is a Thread you and some newbies may enjoy checking out.
Post Pictures of your Blu-ray Collection
Not a bad idea, thanks.
However, I'll wait a while before making the attempt.
This forum sure has a lot of newbie restrictions that doesn't make any sense to me. Haven't seen such "security" on any other forum before.
Old 05-10-2017, 05:53 PM   #5367

Mar 2014
T E X A S
Exclamation Keep posting

Quote:
Not a bad idea, thanks.
However, I'll wait a while before making the attempt.
This forum sure has a lot of newbie restrictions that doesn't make any sense to me. Haven't seen such "security" on any other forum before.
After your 1st ten post & 30 days things get easier. They are trying to keep spammers out and keep everyone safe.
Old 05-10-2017, 06:02 PM   #5368

Mar 2014
T E X A S
Exclamation Posting Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestyx-mj View Post
Is the third time the charm? This is now the third time I've had to sign up. The last two times my account disappeared a few minutes after making my first post. Those posts are still here but are listed as if I was using a "Guest" account. I submitted a message to the site administrator yesterday when this happened using a link provided when I tried to login with my vanished username and password, but never heard back. So I'm trying once more to see if it will finally work. So here goes nothing...
Looks like you got it to work, welcome to the Forum , its only showing that you have one post. So the other post didn't count with this new user name. Good luck and keep posting.

Here is a link anyone can use to build up your post count.
Movie Title Game

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=169423
Old 05-10-2017, 07:03 PM   #5369

Mar 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Head bugs View Post
I see you've been here 30 days, can I PM you some codes to post in free giveaway thread?

Sorry I just saw your post. I never knew there was a giveaway thread before today. I would suggest you just wait till you can do it yourself that way nobody else messy's it up. Plus I see there seems to be a few different ways that people are doing it and I personally don't fully grasp it all yet.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:52 PM   #5370

Mar 2014
T E X A S
Arrow Free Codes Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevea2be View Post
Sorry I just saw your post. I never knew there was a giveaway thread before today. I would suggest you just wait till you can do it yourself that way nobody else messy's it up. Plus I see there seems to be a few different ways that people are doing it and I personally don't fully grasp it all yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Head bugs View Post
Test. Do I need a certain amount of posts before I can submit codes in the giveaway sub forums? If so, can I just PM any known member to give them away for me. I don't care about rep. If this question has already been answered, can you link me to it, as I didn't see it in the Q&A. Thanks.
Free Codes Thread!
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=192102
Click on the link for the rules if anyone wants to find out more. Posting in there is just like anywhere else post the code and someone will grab it and leave a thanks. Or you can have them post a comment or send you a PM then you pick and send them the code. You can also email them a picture of the code if you don't want to write it down or post a picture of it. Most people send them via PM to keep out anyone that's not a member from getting a code. Hope this helps everyone here.
Thanks given by:
nevea2be (05-10-2017)
Old 05-11-2017, 04:37 PM   #5371

Feb 2016

Hi, I'm new here.
Old 05-13-2017, 05:57 PM   #5372

Apr 2017

Hi everyone!
I'm new here too. Long time lurker and excited to be part of this community. [:
Old 05-13-2017, 06:36 PM   #5373

Mar 2014
T E X A S
Smile Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketeer77 View Post
Hi, I'm new here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyBot View Post
Hi everyone!
I'm new here too. Long time lurker and excited to be part of this community. [:
Welcome to the Forum everyone.
Old 05-16-2017, 09:27 AM   #5374

Jan 2017

Hello!

I'm Chris from Germany and this is my third try to post something in this forum. I hope this time I will be successful.

The reason why I'm here is that there is a great "textless movie cover" thread. I need them for my "fan" movie covers which I create every week for my team SC Freiburg
Old 05-17-2017, 04:01 PM   #5375

May 2017

Hello,

I just wanted to say this is an awesome site. I specifically signed up so I could buy a few slipcovers for Dragon Ball Z Kai.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:37 PM   #5376

Sep 2015

Hello. I'm a long time bluray.com enthusiast, movie lover, and collector. I've been reading the forums for a long time, but I have never posted before. Excited to be a part of the community.
Old 05-18-2017, 09:20 PM   #5377

Aug 2008
San Francisco Bay Area

Hi everyone, I've been a member of the site for about 8 years or so but I haven't been very active on forums. I have a question on screencaps for Blu-ray.com reviews.. They are very blurry on my browser, Chrome 64 bit stable, and it has been like this for at least 3 years. Before that they were crisp and clear. If anyone can direct me to the right forum or has any information on if its a setting in my browser that needs to be changed, I would greatly appreciate it. I searched the forums and didn't find anything, so I thought I'd ask it here. Thanks!
Wasabi Durabi

Last edited by gobohobo; 05-18-2017 at 10:20 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Newbie Discussion