Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Insurgent 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Strike Back: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$22.99
How to Train Your Dragon (Blu-ray)
$10.00
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Home 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$14.91
Mad Max: Fury Road 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Mulholland Drive (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Lost in Space (Blu-ray)
$129.99
Mud (Blu-ray)
$5.00
The Salvation (Blu-ray)
$8.49
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 06-05-2015, 05:28 PM   #1041
Power Member

Jul 2012
Idaho

Using Google I could only come up with "Motorama" (1991)
Thanks given by:
BanditoDorito (06-05-2015)
Old 06-05-2015, 08:09 PM   #1042

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Brannigan View Post
Using Google I could only come up with "Motorama" (1991)
Nice! That's the movie! Thanks!!
Old 06-05-2015, 10:44 PM   #1043
Power Member

Jul 2012
Idaho

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditoDorito View Post
Nice! That's the movie! Thanks!!
Glad to help.
Old 06-28-2015, 03:13 AM   #1044
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2014
Australia

Two Japanese movies.

1) Set in post WW2 Tokyo I think, an orphan kid lives with an author who also happens to write the kid'd favourite series of novels. Near the end of the movie the kid's rich uncle wants to take him away to live with his family but he decides to go back to his friend (the author) after looking at the pen he gave him. I also remember another scene where a family that lived in the same neighbourhood as the kid and author got a TV and everyone went to watch.

2) A kid and his mum go to visit his grandmother in her village, she's also a mute. I remember one scene where he wanted KFC but she made him her own home made chicken which he didn't want but late at night he got hungry and ate it. There was also another scene where he teased her about being mute because she wouldn't take him somewhere.

That's all I can remember about the two movies unfortunately.
Nicolas Cage is a gift to this world.
A glimpse into the mind of Nicolas Cage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEw5W03G20A
Old 07-11-2015, 03:56 AM   #1045

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by travOtaku View Post

Also, there is another movie that I can't think the name of:

It's a sinking ship movie where a giant piece of debris gets lodged into a woman's leg and they can't get it off of her to save her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie Nut View Post
Sounds a lot like "The Last Voyage" from 1960 w/Robert Stack and Dorothy Malone.

Thats the movie. They sank a real ship.
Old 07-22-2015, 07:45 PM   #1046

Jul 2015
Default Help me figure out the movie!

Ok I saw this movie as a child and really want to remember it. It is a suspenseful movie about a stepmother (I think, maybe just a really mean mom?) who constantly drugs her kids or her husband. Then the kids decide to take the car and run away at one point but they are stopped by the police and the stepmom comes and picks them up. Then I think she decided to kill them, but they turned the srynge on her and one of them wakes up and rolls over to find her dead, pale body right beside them. It's a very wealthy family, by the way. Please help!!
Old 07-22-2015, 08:10 PM   #1047
Suspended

Jan 2011
Angel Grove, NY

Still need help with a few of these, if anyones can help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Ranger View Post
I was watching Urban Legend a little while ago and the "Dead Roommate" "Aren't you glad you didn't turn on the Lights" scene came up.

It reminded me of another film that has this in it, except, I believe this is the core of the film, as it happens more than once in it.

In the end, I believe it is revealed that the girl is the killer.

Does anyone have any idea?
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecalm_7 View Post
I rewatched Urban Legend and we both know it wasn't that one. But like you say, the writing the same message on the wall several times does seem familiar.

By any chance do you remember 80's, 90's, 00's? Was there police involvement in the crimes or was this horror?
Quote:
She either was kicked out of college or left voluntarily.
I think it was either 90's or 00's.

For all I know, it could just be an episode of a TV show...

All I know is I watched it recently but I con't remember when or where...
Quote:
Can anyone help me Identify these movies:

Movie #1 - 80's film? pink? car held over ravine by a crane two people, teens? were inside it...

Movie #2 - All I remember is a lady/girl/teen walking away from a burning house and saying to someone "It was the only thing I could do."
or something along those lines...

Movie #3 - NOT Killer Klowns from Outer Space... Some criminals dressed as clowns kill some teens

Movie #4 - Martial Arts movie, Guy has a sword, and pulls at it and it splits into two swords, I believe he is fighting Ninjas...

Movie #5 - Martial Arts movie, Kid/Teen has a self built dojo/training room in his garage, dad gets pissed off at the kid and destroys all the stuff in the garage

Movie #6 - Probably the easiest one... Jackie Chan movie, He's a cop and is, I think, setting a trap for a criminal, he has a girl out in a very populated area, he then radios in to tell the cops to back away a bit for fear of blowing the sting. Once the cops back away, the girl is pretty much the only person left in the area...

Movie #7 - At the end of this movie, A kid turns off a light and the entity in the power lines is unable to enter the room...

Movie #8 - Father and Daughter are lawyers and on opposite sides of the came case...

Movie #9 - Couple are moving across the country, they stop at a gas station, she gets kidnapped

Movie #10 - Jeff Goldblum, dies, comes back, "Something came back with him" based on a novel (I'm lazy and don't wanna look this one up )

Movie #11 - teen? on plane gets told to turn off the cell, he says what could happen, stuff happens to the plane, it is fairly recent, and was pulled from the release schedule.

Movie #12 - Robot/Android looks like an actual person, he goes to a mall or department store and in a toy/novelty store, opens a can of green goo, he sneezes and the people around him think it is his boogers...

Movie #13 - One night, a girl has a friend sleep over. The girl wishes to be a boy while inside a Pentacle or Pentagram. She wakes up and is a boy, her parents freak out, take her out of school and that is all I remember.

Movie #14 - Vampire drinks pig's blood, has a friend.

Movie #15 - Girl kills werewolf to free mom of being a werewolf, but by killing the werewolf, she becomes one....

Movie #16 - A Journey to the Center of the Earth type of movie. All I remember is that the Father or Uncle is in the center of the Earth and falls (pushed) into lava. The last part of him that goes under is his hand. He is wearing a ring of some kind, decoder maybe. Years later, his family goes looking for him. They make it to this new underground world and meet the evil leader.
Only it turns out to be the missing relative.

Movie #17 - Sam Jackson as a drug maker... that's all I know...

Movie #18 - Man spends last 24 hours before going to jail doing stuff with friends

Movie #19 - About a photographer. He kept tons of rolls of film in his refrigerator. He comes home and there's a woman lying, except for her boots, completely naked on his couch. He knows her then tells her to leave after a short conversation.

Thanks in advance....

Also, this is for a Blu-Ray Give-Away I am conducting.
Details in these two links:
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...postcount=7571

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...postcount=7616
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-Rouge View Post
"Breakdown" with Kurt Russell and J.T Walsh?.

"breakdown"Trailer:Kurt Russell,Kathleen Quinlan,J.T.Walsh,Jonathan Mostow - YouTube

love that movie regardless.
Quote:
Sounds about right...
They were heading to San Diego, correct?
[quote=kurosawa;10568958]
Quote:

Movie #18 - Man spends last 24 hours before going to jail doing stuff with friends

25th Hour with Edward Norton
[quote=kurosawa;10568984]
Quote:

Movie #17 - Sam Jackson as a drug maker... that's all I know...

Formula 51 (2001)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
Don't remember it ending like that, but "entity in the power lines" made me think of Pulse from 1988.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulse_%281988_film%29

Hideway, based on a Dean Koontz novel.

Never saw it, but once on a talk show Koontz said he'd rather nail his hand to the interviewer's desk than watch it a second time. LOL!
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.J. View Post
Think maybe #11 is 7500, I'm still waiting on it to release.
Quote:
Originally Posted by baheidstu View Post
Class Action (1991) - Gene Hackman is the father, Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio is the daughter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobol View Post
Gold Ranger, could #7 be: "Shocker" with Mitch Pileggi, I only saw this once on vhs when it came out and don't remember much of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanDammage80 View Post
@Gold Ranger

Movie #5 - Martial Arts movie, Kid/Teen has a self built dojo/training room in his garage, dad gets pissed off at the kid and destroys all the stuff in the garage

Sounds like the early Van Damme movie, No Retreat, No Surrender
Quote:
@Gold Ranger

Movie #14 - Vampire drinks pig's blood, has a friend.

My Best Friends a Vampire?

I think I remember him drinking pigs blood in that one.
Quote:
@Gold Ranger

Movie #12 - Robot/Android looks like an actual person, he goes to a mall or department store and in a toy/novelty store, opens a can of green goo, he sneezes and the people around him think it is his boogers...

I know he wasn't a robot in this but this sounds EXACTLY like a scene from Walk Like a Man, with Howie Mandel. Sure it wasn't that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayersCouncil View Post
You are right. It is in this video at the 1:50 mark.
walk like a man part 7 - YouTube
Quote:
THANK YO VERY MUCH!
This was the movie!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stdepriest View Post
Though it does not align completely with your recollection, it may be Willy/Milly.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092216/
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalCrimson View Post
Could be wrong, and not sure if it has been mentioned already, but that sounds a lot like Cherry 2000.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stdepriest View Post
And it's coming to Blu Ray in July! On my pre-order list.
Old 07-26-2015, 05:01 AM   #1048

Jan 2015

I didn't see this thread before making a new one asking this questions, so I'll just post it here as well because I don't know how to delete the other one. "I remember reading on wikipedia about a black and white movie or series of movies from the 20s-50s recounting what the future would be like in the year 2000 or just the "21st century". The synopsis states that the film(s) talk about possible future technology, like refrigerators, televisions, rockets, etc, while also telling the story of a world being irradiated by nuclear warheads, I believe. I think there was also an actual story in it, but I can't remember. I distinctly remember the article mentioning it/them being narrated by Orson Welles, but I can't find any mention of this in his imdb or filmography page on wikipedia. I can't remember the title. "History of the 21st Century" "History of the Future" "The Future of the year 2000" Something along those lines. Thanks."
Old 07-26-2015, 06:43 AM   #1049

Jan 2013
Cologne, Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest_Wing View Post
I didn't see this thread before making a new one asking this questions, so I'll just post it here as well because I don't know how to delete the other one.
try clicking the red triangle button in the bottom left corner of your post -> report button, then ask a mod to delete the thread.

Quote:
"I remember reading on wikipedia about a black and white movie or series of movies from the 20s-50s recounting what the future would be like in the year 2000 or just the "21st century". The synopsis states that the film(s) talk about possible future technology, like refrigerators, televisions, rockets, etc, while also telling the story of a world being irradiated by nuclear warheads, I believe. I think there was also an actual story in it, but I can't remember. I distinctly remember the article mentioning it/them being narrated by Orson Welles, but I can't find any mention of this in his imdb or filmography page on wikipedia. I can't remember the title. "History of the 21st Century" "History of the Future" "The Future of the year 2000" Something along those lines. Thanks."
Couldn't find anything really fitting that description. Maybe Future Shock ?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xp1...lles-1972_tech

or The Man Who Saw Tomorrow (those are way later and not B/W though)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_Who_Saw_Tomorrow
Old 07-26-2015, 05:42 PM   #1050
Special Member

Feb 2007

Quote:
I didn't see this thread before making a new one asking this questions, so I'll just post it here as well because I don't know how to delete the other one. "I remember reading on wikipedia about a black and white movie or series of movies from the 20s-50s recounting what the future would be like in the year 2000 or just the "21st century". The synopsis states that the film(s) talk about possible future technology, like refrigerators, televisions, rockets, etc, while also telling the story of a world being irradiated by nuclear warheads, I believe. I think there was also an actual story in it, but I can't remember. I distinctly remember the article mentioning it/them being narrated by Orson Welles, but I can't find any mention of this in his imdb or filmography page on wikipedia. I can't remember the title. "History of the 21st Century" "History of the Future" "The Future of the year 2000" Something along those lines. Thanks."
H.G. Wells' Things to Come?
Old 07-27-2015, 03:23 AM   #1051

Jan 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex Accountant View Post
That's the one! Thank you.
Old 07-27-2015, 06:37 AM   #1052
Special Member

Feb 2007

Quote:
That's the one! Thank you.
It's one of those films I've always wanted to watch but just haven't done it yet. It was pretty popular in the horror/sci-fi books I would read as a kid. I hope you like it!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies