Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Walking Dead: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$99.99
The Resident Evil Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Star Trek Enterprise: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$77.99
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$71.99
The Before Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$65.59
Independence Day: Resurgence (Blu-ray)
$10.99
Florence Foster Jenkins (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Blu-ray)
$15.99
Turn A Gundam: Collection 1 (Blu-ray)
$49.99
The Hunger Games 4-Film Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Godfather Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 08-30-2014, 07:19 AM   #981

Jan 2010

I liked the way the annabell doll was treated in a haunted house 2
Old 12-30-2014, 12:54 AM   #982
Blu-ray Grand Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Take it to the Trade Forum, please.
Thanks given by:
HD Goofnut (12-30-2014), smax-3 (12-30-2014)
Old 12-30-2014, 01:50 AM   #983
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2009
Colorado, USA
-

Yikes
Old 12-30-2014, 08:36 AM   #984
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2013
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeasneededforpain View Post
Also that Anabelle doll was pretty ****ing creepy.
[Show spoiler] Who was that that the Warren's kid saw sitting in the rocking chair with it in the dark though??? Was that supposed to be the witch???
That's who I believed it was.
Old 06-03-2015, 03:54 AM   #985
Blu-ray Count

May 2010
NYC

I watched this at 2 am with headphones. Felt scarier
Old 06-03-2015, 04:51 AM   #986
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Mississippi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony208 View Post
I watched this at 2 am with headphones. Felt scarier
I REFUSE to watch a horror movie with ear phones on, because you wont be able to hear ANYONE or ANYTHING creeping up behind you.
Thanks given by:
Pizzamorg (06-03-2015)
Old 06-03-2015, 02:19 PM   #987
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2009
Aylmer, Quebec

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWayFilms View Post
I REFUSE to watch a horror movie with ear phones on, because you wont be able to hear ANYONE or ANYTHING creeping up behind you.
They're only Demons and Entities, nothing to be scared of.
JVC DLA-RS400, Elunevision 112" Reference screen, Marantz AV8802a Pre/Pro, NAD M25 amp, Anthem PVA-4, 4x Paradigm CI Elite E80-R ceiling speakers, Paradigm Studio 60 v5, Paradigm Studio 20 v5, Paradigm Prestige 15B, Paradigm Studio CC-690 v5, Paradigm Studio Sub12 X 2, Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD player, Richard Gray 1200c Custom power conditioner.

My collectibles collection and HT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVtU3KNlZUU
Old 08-30-2015, 02:33 AM   #988
Special Member

Sep 2014
Winnetka, CA

Am I the only one who didn't find this scary, even in the slightest? Sorry, but jump scares are cheap and just aren't scary
Old 08-30-2015, 05:21 AM   #989
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettxwt View Post
Am I the only one who didn't find this scary, even in the slightest? Sorry, but jump scares are cheap and just aren't scary
No, I'm sure you're not the only one who didn't find this scary. Horror movies in general aren't really scary to me now that I'm an adult. Once in a while, a movie will creep me out a little bit, but it's pretty rare.

Anyway, I still think The Conjuring is a well-made film, and highly entertaining on top of that.
Old 08-30-2015, 05:51 AM   #990
Special Member

Sep 2014
Winnetka, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
No, I'm sure you're not the only one who didn't find this scary. Horror movies in general aren't really scary to me now that I'm an adult. Once in a while, a movie will creep me out a little bit, but it's pretty rare.

Anyway, I still think The Conjuring is a well-made film, and highly entertaining on top of that.
Eh, to each his own I guess

I saw it for the first time this week. I went in with pretty high expectations, every review I read was overwhelmingly positive so I was looking forward to seeing it Unfortunately, I was incredibly disappointed. By far the biggest letdown I've ever had when it came to horror films. It seems the film makers turned to jump or surprise scares for much of the scariness in the film and by the end of it I was like, Really?

This is tripe only a high school kid or young adult who's never seen a good horror movie would find scary

Last edited by brettxwt; 08-30-2015 at 05:58 AM.
Old 08-30-2015, 05:54 AM   #991
Blu-ray Count

Mar 2009
Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettxwt View Post

This is shit only a high school kid or young adult who's never seen a good horror movie would find scary
Aren't you cool
Old 08-30-2015, 05:58 AM   #992
Special Member

Sep 2014
Winnetka, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic View Post
Aren't you cool
If you think so
Old 09-07-2015, 05:59 AM   #993
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2014

Just saw The Conjuring for the first time - this is a superb horror film. It truly scared the crap out of me, and that's tough to do - given that I'm a true horror aficionado & have seen numerous horror films over the years.

Liked the early '70's setting; at first, I thought this would be a copy/rip-off of The Amityville Horror - however, as the film progressed, I realized it was far superior to TAH...

Some of the creepiest scenes:

[Show spoiler]-When the two daughters were in their room, and the ghost/demon/monster suddenly appeared on top of the cabinet, and then jumped down at them.

-The scene when one of the ghost hunters assistants' was in that side room near the front of the house, and the ghost of the maid (with the cut arms) appeared out of nowhere and said to him "They made me do it!" or something to that effect - horrific.

- The scene when the VF ghost-hunter character saw the ghost of the woman who hung herself from the tree outside the house.

-The scene when VF saw a vision of her daughter in the lake - quite horrible...
Old 12-01-2016, 12:50 AM   #994
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2012
Georgia

I just watched my Warner Bros Blu-ray of The Conjuring, and enjoyed seeing this movie for the first time.

I turned my nose up at The Conjuring when it was first released, because the trailers made it look like one of the many newer horror films that are entirely too noisy and too reliant on jump scares for my tastes. I finally gave in and watched it tonight after listening to the recommendations of several trusted friends, all of whom told me that this movie captures the spirit of the dramatic horror films of the 1970s and early 1980s, namely The Changeling, The Exorcist, and The Amityville Horror. The Conjuring is, indeed, a well-crafted slow burn of a chiller that takes its cues from a gradual buildup of dread instead of from gore or from loud surprise moments. I don't place any stock in the "based on a true story" background of this movie, and, instead, I simply appreciated it as an excellent work of fiction. It took me long enough, but I'm glad that I got around to watching this one at long last!

The Blu-ray looks and sounds great. Enough said.

I'll be checking out The Conjuring 2 at some point soon. I'm not so sure about Annabelle, but I'll probably get around to that one as well later on.

Last edited by The Great Owl; 12-01-2016 at 01:03 AM.
Thanks given by:
nycomet (12-01-2016)
Old 12-01-2016, 06:42 AM   #995
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2009
Aylmer, Quebec

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Owl View Post
I just watched my Warner Bros Blu-ray of The Conjuring, and enjoyed seeing this movie for the first time.

I turned my nose up at The Conjuring when it was first released, because the trailers made it look like one of the many newer horror films that are entirely too noisy and too reliant on jump scares for my tastes. I finally gave in and watched it tonight after listening to the recommendations of several trusted friends, all of whom told me that this movie captures the spirit of the dramatic horror films of the 1970s and early 1980s, namely The Changeling, The Exorcist, and The Amityville Horror. The Conjuring is, indeed, a well-crafted slow burn of a chiller that takes its cues from a gradual buildup of dread instead of from gore or from loud surprise moments. I don't place any stock in the "based on a true story" background of this movie, and, instead, I simply appreciated it as an excellent work of fiction. It took me long enough, but I'm glad that I got around to watching this one at long last!

The Blu-ray looks and sounds great. Enough said.

I'll be checking out The Conjuring 2 at some point soon. I'm not so sure about Annabelle, but I'll probably get around to that one as well later on.
Conjuring 2 is just as good as the first but Annabelle really sucks.
JVC DLA-RS400, Elunevision 112" Reference screen, Marantz AV8802a Pre/Pro, NAD M25 amp, Anthem PVA-4, 4x Paradigm CI Elite E80-R ceiling speakers, Paradigm Studio 60 v5, Paradigm Studio 20 v5, Paradigm Prestige 15B, Paradigm Studio CC-690 v5, Paradigm Studio Sub12 X 2, Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD player, Richard Gray 1200c Custom power conditioner.

My collectibles collection and HT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVtU3KNlZUU
Old 12-01-2016, 07:14 AM   #996
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by gates70 View Post
Hopefully Annabelle 2 will be better but not having any hopes for it.
Old 12-02-2016, 04:15 AM   #997
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2012
Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by gates70 View Post
I bought The Conjuring 2 from Walmart today, and am looking forward to diving into it tomorrow night.

These Conjuring Blu-rays are expensive. I guess that popularity keeps those prices up.
Old 12-02-2016, 04:36 AM   #998
Special Member

Dec 2009

The ending to Conjuring 2 sucks - way too anti-climatic. The first is as an overall better film.
Thanks given by:
PrestonXI (12-02-2016)
Old 12-02-2016, 07:05 AM   #999
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Owl View Post
I bought The Conjuring 2 from Walmart today, and am looking forward to diving into it tomorrow night.

These Conjuring Blu-rays are expensive. I guess that popularity keeps those prices up.
Owl they were dead cheap from Amazon last week. But I assume you splurged elsewhere? Actually scratch that, I know!
Old 12-02-2016, 01:06 PM   #1000
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2012
Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin View Post
Owl they were dead cheap from Amazon last week. But I assume you splurged elsewhere? Actually scratch that, I know!
I bought The Conjuring from Best Buy for $17.99 earlier this week, and The Conjuring 2 from Walmart for $19.99.

I had actually been searching used Blu-ray stores in my area for the first film recently, but to no avail, so I just sort of gave in when I saw it at Best Buy a few days ago instead of bothering to check online.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America