Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Bridge of Spies (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Mr. Robot: Season 3.0 (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Tombstone (Blu-ray)
$8.99

The Finest Hours (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Avatar The Last Airbender: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$29.99

To Have and Have Not (Blu-ray)
$11.85
20 hrs ago
A Few Good Men 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Zodiac (Blu-ray)
$5.34

The Dark Crystal 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Fury 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Death Wish (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Pitch Perfect 3 (Blu-ray)
$14.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 01-20-2017, 05:22 PM   #1

Oct 2010
Rhode Island
Sony Pictures Resident Evil: The Final Chapter (2016) / The Complete Collection (2002-2016)

4K (Best Buy SteelBook)
The more you know who you are and what you want, the less you let things upset you.
Scottie's Storefront

Last edited by Scottie; 03-20-2017 at 02:24 PM.
Old 01-20-2017, 05:30 PM   #2
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2012
Georgia

I'm going to hold tight until the inevitable box set with all of the movies is announced. I'm definitely interested in seeing this final film.
Old 01-20-2017, 05:49 PM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2011
The Room of Spirit and Time

It'd be kind of silly to me to have all of the steelbooks of the franchise, and not get this one. I'm very curious on how they'll wrap everything up. They are so entertaining.
Old 01-20-2017, 07:10 PM   #4
Special Member

Sep 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Owl View Post
I'm going to hold tight until the inevitable box set with all of the movies is announced. I'm definitely interested in seeing this final film.
Haha me too. I just saw that the current box set dropped to 14.99. And I thought, is it time to buy? Nah - I am going to hold tight as well.

With the Bourne box set, they included a slot for the latest (last?). Perhaps if the Resident Evil one did too, I would consider getting it now.

I already learned my lesson with the Underworld Legacy set.
Thanks given by:
06NeatRod (05-16-2017)
Old 01-20-2017, 07:48 PM   #5
Power Member

Mar 2008
Windy Valley, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Owl View Post
I think since the third film came out on blu-ray they always have a box-set with all of the films come out when the latest film is released on disc. However, they are usually pretty pricey on day one and drop significantly within a few months...
Old 01-20-2017, 07:48 PM   #6
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2006

I guess this is another situation where you can only get the 3D version by buying the UHD, like Ghostbusters 2016? Looks like I will get my second UHD.
Old 01-21-2017, 02:08 AM   #7
Power Member

Jul 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodstuff View Post
I guess this is another situation where you can only get the 3D version by buying the UHD, like Ghostbusters 2016? Looks like I will get my second UHD.
Collider has an interview with the director on their site (but not yet on their YouTube channel) in which he says more about the 3D for this film.

http://collider.com/paul-ws-anderson...l-6-interview/

He says that although he did not shoot this latest one in true 3D, he used the same 3D crew that he'd used on the previous true 3D ones to be sure that the 2D would translate well to 3D.

In my opinion Anderson may be the director who uses 3D the most effectively (sorry Cameron), so I was a bit surprised that this film wouldn't be true 3D. He explains his decision in this interview.

Myself, I will still probably get the 4K version in order to get the 3D Blu.
Thanks given by:
goodstuff (01-21-2017)
Old 01-21-2017, 02:11 AM   #8
Blu-ray Baron

Aug 2009
UK

I'm gonna have to play catch-up before seeing this one on the big screen. I've watched the first three films but not Afterlife and Retribution.
"Also, The Last Jedi would've been a better movie if it was Blade Runner 2049." - GLaDOS

"Another person to ignore and GLADLY. dallywhitty, dallyunwhitty, he's the expert on posting etiquette." - bootsy

"I knew I would hate you with every ounce of my fiber the first day I joined these forums. I wish nothing but the worst to befall you." - Kylo Ren
Old 01-21-2017, 02:42 AM   #9
Blu-ray Guru

May 2013
Ashburn, VA

My "collection" showed up in the mail today. Used the free $10 Best Buy credit to get it for $5.

Can anyone tell me if the UV code is still valid? Says it expired 12/21/14 on the UV sticker on the wrapper.
Old 01-21-2017, 02:52 AM   #10
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2011
Crossville, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvuwhat View Post
My "collection" showed up in the mail today. Used the free $10 Best Buy credit to get it for $5.

Can anyone tell me if the UV code is still valid? Says it expired 12/21/14 on the UV sticker on the wrapper.
Is it for Retribution or for all 5 movies? If your going to keep it anyways just type the code into Vudu and see what it does.
Old 01-21-2017, 03:06 AM   #11
Blu-ray Guru

May 2013
Ashburn, VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus-Prime-Rox View Post
Is it for Retribution or for all 5 movies? If your going to keep it anyways just type the code into Vudu and see what it does.
All 5. That's the issue. I haven't opened it yet. I'm thinking about returning it, but if the UV code still works I'll just go ahead and keep it.
Old 01-21-2017, 06:47 AM   #12
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013
United States

It still works. I redeemed mine this week, and got the Bundle & Save version of all 5 on VUDU when I redeemed the code there.
Old 01-21-2017, 05:40 PM   #13
Blu-ray Guru

May 2013
Ashburn, VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by master gandhi View Post
It still works. I redeemed mine this week, and got the Bundle & Save version of all 5 on VUDU when I redeemed the code there.
Thanks for replying to me. Opened it up and worked perfectly for the bundle and save on Vudu.
Thanks given by:
master gandhi (01-22-2017)
Old 01-29-2017, 01:50 AM   #14
Expert Member

Sep 2014
Brazil

Can't wait to grab my copy when it gets released and watch it over and over again.
Hope they release a nice box with all the films (a digipak would be sweet).
''You sold your soul to the devil when you put on your first pair of Jimmy Choo's, I saw it.'' - Emily Charlton

PLEASE GUYS, SIGN AND SHARE THE PETITION SO NETFLIX CAN SEE THERE'S STILL INTEREST FOR THE ''CRUEL INTENTIONS'' TV SERIES. IT TAKES LESS THAN A MINUTE AND IT CAN HELP FOR REAL, AS SOME PETITIONS ALREADY DID (HI, VERONICA MARS)
https://www.change.org/p/netflix-net...ions-tv-series
Old 01-29-2017, 08:14 AM   #15

Jul 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallywhitty View Post
I'm gonna have to play catch-up before seeing this one on the big screen. I've watched the first three films but not Afterlife and Retribution.
Probably not necessary. The Resident Evil movies have a bad habit of glossing over major plot points from previous installments. Like, in one of them it was made very clear that the T-virus outbreak had transformed most of the planet into a desert, or something nonsensical like that. Completely forgotten by the next movie.

As a six-part series, these movies are utterly incompetent at telling an overarching story. They jump around like crazy. An army of clones is about to attack Umbrella in the cliffhanger of one movie, but are all killed off in the first ten minutes of the next one. Characters from the games are introduced randomly, sharing little resemblance to their original namesakes. Alice is the most powerful person ever because she's played by the director's wife.

There's a lot of dumb fun to be had watching these flicks, but they needn't be viewed in any particular order. Heck, they practically go out of their way to punish people for paying attention to them.

Last edited by ParkerAL; 01-29-2017 at 08:45 AM.
Old 01-29-2017, 03:35 PM   #16

May 2014
Aurora, IL

I IMAX 3d bulb was out so I drove to a different theater and watched it 3d, no IMAX.
It was a lot of fun. I think it falls under the "New" 3D standard, neither pop out, or flat, but subtly complicated. There are a few pop out scenes, for dramatic effect, but it's not over bearing.
I don't watch these movies to learn about the human condition, but they are a ton of fun. I'm going to go back and see it on IMAX as soon as that bulb is replace.

I'm assuming 3D Blu Rays are going to die soon. I'm hoping this one gets released that way. My TV can upscale if it can't. The 3D Dark Years begin.
Audio: Denon AVRX4300H
4) LG S93T1-S + LG BH9430pw Center + Rears 7
SuperCube III .1
Height Speakers built into S93T1's .4
2 Buttkicker 1's (on Couch), 1 Buttkicker Concert (on Loveseat), 1 Buttkicker Advance (on Lounge Chair)
Video: LG 55LM4600-US (3D)+ DarbeeVision DVP-5000+ Dreamscreen+ Harmony Ultimate+ Alexa
Old 02-02-2017, 06:47 PM   #17

Jan 2010
Cool Free Tickets to Resident Evil or Underworld

Here are 3 codes for 3 tickets since I won't be able to use them. Enjoy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0885.jpg (89.5 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0886.jpg (90.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0887.jpg (91.1 KB, 12 views)
Thanks given by:
bigdaddyhorse (02-02-2017)
Old 02-02-2017, 11:32 PM   #18
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2012
SE MI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mansmyth111 View Post
Here are 3 codes for 3 tickets since I won't be able to use them. Enjoy
Thanks for the chance at these, all say "invalid code" which I think means already used. Sad that the guy who doesn't get is the only one who gives thanks. Bunch of savages lurking around this site!
Old 02-12-2017, 11:28 AM   #19
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010

You like collections? 10 discs...but seem to be missing 4K of 4th and last. So I guess we might see a 16-disc later maybe? haha

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B01N4WJTJO?ref=emc_b_5_t

Don't think I've seen this before:
Disc 4: "Resident Evil III" bonus disc (about 26 minutes) Special reprints of
rare bonus footage that is not available now, Blu-rayed !

Last edited by wesslan; 02-12-2017 at 11:32 AM.
Thanks given by:
Luke B. (02-12-2017)
Old 02-13-2017, 08:37 PM   #20
Special Member

Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesslan View Post
You like collections? 10 discs...but seem to be missing 4K of 4th and last. So I guess we might see a 16-disc later maybe? haha

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B01N4WJTJO?ref=emc_b_5_t

Don't think I've seen this before:
Disc 4: "Resident Evil III" bonus disc (about 26 minutes) Special reprints of
rare bonus footage that is not available now, Blu-rayed !
Very interested in this set, but waiting a bit longer to see if we'll get something similar in the states before importing.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America