Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Pieces (Blu-ray)
$27.99
The Martian (Blu-ray)
$15.00
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99
Rage of Honor (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Xanadu (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The X-Files: The Collector's Set (Blu-ray)
$208.97
3-D Rarities (Blu-ray)
$24.69
American Ultra (Blu-ray)
$10.00
*batteries not included (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Goosebumps (Blu-ray)
$15.00
Sicario 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Howard the Duck (Blu-ray)
$9.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 12-15-2015, 07:07 AM   #1301
Blu-ray Baron

Jan 2011
Angel Grove, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xen11 View Post
This set is 24.99 at Amazon right now. Thinking of finally buying it. Was waiting until it hit around the $20 mark. It says this is Limited Edition at the top, obviously because Child's Play is owned by MGM and the rest are owned by Universal, so there's probably some limited time deal between the two at play.

Does anyone know when that deal expires? How long is "limited" for this set?
It has been limited since it came out back in 2013.
I got it then for about $29/$30
Looking for the following:
- Game of Thrones: Season 1: HBO Shop Bonus Disk
- DigiBooks of the following: Exorcist, 300, Willy Wonka, Alexander, The Bridge ot River Kwai, Falling Down, Alien Anthology, Goodfellas, Cinderella, Dark Knight Rises
- Star Wars: Episodes 2 & 3's DVD Bonus Disk
- Star Wars: A Musical Journey Bonus DVD
- 2004 DVD Return of the Jedi (WideScreen)
Selling Thread: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=268977
Old 12-15-2015, 07:44 AM   #1302
Expert Member

Oct 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Ranger View Post
It has been limited since it came out back in 2013.
I got it then for about $29/$30
I know. I just keep thinking of the Halloween Limited Collection and how that had a couple of years to be in print. How many years does this have (if its actually limited)?
Old 12-15-2015, 08:47 AM   #1303
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xen11 View Post
This set is 24.99 at Amazon right now. Thinking of finally buying it. Was waiting until it hit around the $20 mark. It says this is Limited Edition at the top, obviously because Child's Play is owned by MGM and the rest are owned by Universal, so there's probably some limited time deal between the two at play.

Does anyone know when that deal expires? How long is "limited" for this set?
It's the lowest it's ever been, you should do it. I just bought it a couple weeks ago from Ebay for 30 bucks.
Old 12-15-2015, 12:23 PM   #1304
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012
Ohio

This set is well worth it at $25 dollars. Essential horror movies.
Old 12-15-2015, 02:03 PM   #1305
Expert Member

Oct 2015
Ontario, Canada

Deal only in the US...

Sad-Panda-Meme-10.jpg
Some of My Favorite TV Shows: Family Guy / Law & Order / Three's Company / Columbo / M*A*S*H / Get Smart / The Andy Griffith Show / Trailer Park Boys / The X-Files / South Park / Seinfeld / The Brady Bunch / Little Britain U.S.A. / Sanford and Son / Robot Chicken / The Carol Burnett Show / Kolchak: The Night Stalker / The Waltons / Whose Line Is It Anyway? / SCTV / The Hilarious House of Frightenstein / Don Kirshner's Rock Concert
Old 12-15-2015, 02:08 PM   #1306
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2012
SE MI.

I have a pending order with deepdiscount for $20 but it says out of stock and has since 11/30 when I placed order. Not sure if I should cancel and get it from amazon or let it ride and hope to save $5 with a chance of getting nothing.

What would you do?
Old 12-15-2015, 02:10 PM   #1307
Blu-ray Baron

Jan 2011
Angel Grove, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyhorse View Post
I have a pending order with deepdiscount for $20 but it says out of stock and has since 11/30 when I placed order. Not sure if I should cancel and get it from amazon or let it ride and hope to save $5 with a chance of getting nothing.

What would you do?
Order both or go to Best Buy and see if they match DeepDiscount.com
If they refuse, tell them that they can use the "Other Online Retailer" in their menu.
Looking for the following:
- Game of Thrones: Season 1: HBO Shop Bonus Disk
- DigiBooks of the following: Exorcist, 300, Willy Wonka, Alexander, The Bridge ot River Kwai, Falling Down, Alien Anthology, Goodfellas, Cinderella, Dark Knight Rises
- Star Wars: Episodes 2 & 3's DVD Bonus Disk
- Star Wars: A Musical Journey Bonus DVD
- 2004 DVD Return of the Jedi (WideScreen)
Selling Thread: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=268977
Old 12-15-2015, 02:54 PM   #1308
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2012
SE MI.

Quote:
If they refuse, tell them that they can use the "Other Online Retailer" in their menu.
They never have matched DD despite me asking a few times, plus it shows $40 now. They will match amazon and had the set there Sunday, and for most of the last couple years...

I can't imagine them matching my email reciept from DD since they've never even matched the live site. I guess it never hurts to ask, but I will put my chances at slim to none.
Old 12-15-2015, 06:11 PM   #1309

Jan 2010
Upstate NY

my rankings

6 - Seed Of Chucky
5 - Child's Play 3
4 - Bride Of Chucky
3 - Child's Play 2
2 - Curse Of Chucky
1 - Child's Play
Old 12-15-2015, 06:21 PM   #1310
Power Member

Dec 2010
Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyhorse View Post

What would you do?
Ordered mine the same day, and it finally shipped in the weekend.
Most wanted blu-ray upgrades: Kafka, The Limey, The Horrible Dr. Hichcock, Kill Baby Kill, The Changeling (1980), Ringu, Ju-on, Man Bites Dog, Creature (The Titan Find), Irrèversible, The Fearless Vampire Killers, The Black Hole, Carnival of Souls, Cat People (1942), I walked with a Zombie, The Thing From Another World, L'arcano incantatore (Arcane Sorcerer), Andy Warhol's Frankenstein, Andy Warhol's Dracula, The Revenge of Frankenstein, Lust for a Vampire.
Old 12-15-2015, 07:17 PM   #1311
Expert Member

Oct 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartmark View Post
my rankings

[Show spoiler]6 - Seed Of Chucky
5 - Child's Play 3
4 - Bride Of Chucky
3 - Child's Play 2
2 - Curse Of Chucky
1 - Child's Play
I adore every single one of the Child's Play films. I rewatched them all when Curse Of Chucky released.

Seed Of Chucky
Child's Play
Bride Of Chucky
Child's Play 2
Curse Of Chucky
Child's Play 3

It's really tough to rank. I just found myself loving Seed Of Chucky immensely upon this rewatch. It used to be my least favorite. I think its more about disappointed expectations of what I was expecting from it. I love how the characters are fully fleshed out and we are watching this family puppet drama. Literally a puppet show and a very involving one. It's a beautiful film. Every single character wants acceptance and love while trying to get over an addiction/problem in order to attain it. Not once did I not believe they weren't real (the dolls). It comes off so effortless that its easy to overlook. I really want to see all these characters again in future sequels. So many possibilities. There's so much going on in the film on different (subconscious) levels. It's about life, love, addiction, acceptance, yearning, identity, getting old, and dying.

The original is brilliant. The mood is perfect. It's quite creepy for a killer doll film. Psychologically scary as well. I can relate to a boy living with his single mother. Missing father figure. Projecting a father/friend figure onto toys/films.

Bride Of Chucky holds a very special place in my heart. It was my favorite film when it came out. In a way, its my favorite. Nothing will match that first viewing in the theater. It freshly resurrected Chucky in the best way possible. It's just not as wonderful upon rewatches. Feels rushed and too short (didn't feel that way when first seeing it, probably because it was so much damn fun).

Child's Play 2 is a logically wonderful follow-up. Lots of fun. The climax is hokey because of the convenience of being at the Good Guy factory, though it was absolutely wonderful seeing that as a kid.

Curse Of Chucky was a great surprise. The creepiest/scariest since the original. Damn smart.

Child's Play 3 is a really great human story that just happens to have Chucky in it. Chucky represents the past (who you are and where you come from) that one tries to hide from when growing up. The thing that hurts it is the climax which is so dull and non-suspenseful. Feels tired at that point.

I feel its the best of the "slasher" series (that has multiple entries), each installment being quite solid. Not a bad one in the bunch. Halloween would be a close second (though some of those films are the best ever of any series). But I think Child's Play is consistently great. And I think a big reason for that is Don Mancini always being the writer. Consistency. May it truly end when Don is done (dies). Brad Dourif is, of course, a big reason as well.
Old 12-15-2015, 08:03 PM   #1312
Blu-ray Guru

May 2011
Crossville, TN

Just ordered the bluray set with all six movies for the first time to upgrade my Chucky: The Killer DVD Collection which only had 4 movies in it.
Old 12-16-2015, 07:23 PM   #1313
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2012
SE MI.

Quote:
Yeah, that went exactly as expected when I asked them to match an old DD price. They did (jokingly) say they would bump it up to the new price listed in DD, which is a few cents more than they have it for.

I see it's showing as in stock again on DD, so I just sent an email top CS asking what is going on with my order. Hopefully it gets sent soon.

.... and it was in the mailbox today!
Strange that it's the first ever order from DD I didn't get a shipping notice.

Last edited by bigdaddyhorse; 12-16-2015 at 09:56 PM.
Old 12-18-2015, 06:03 AM   #1314

Sep 2013
deepstar six

I want a 60 minute documentary on Childs Play 2 or 3. Or a commentary track. Or ANY kind of special feature. I dont even give a **** if Jennifer Tilly does the track
"You stick your head in the sand and they're gonna come up behind you and bite off your ass!!"
Old 01-24-2016, 01:07 AM   #1315
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2013
California

Easily the best horror franchise.
TV: Panasonic TC-P42S60/Samsung 4K UHD 50 in
VIZIO S4251w-B4 5.1 Soundbar
PSN ID: beatlemania63
2015 NFC North Champions Minnesota Vikings Fan 11-5
Blu-Ray's and UV Codes For Sale!!
Thanks given by:
Nailwraps (01-24-2016)