Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Beyond Outrage (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Devil's Due (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
History of the World: Part I (Blu-ray)
$6.16
The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning / The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 03-15-2013, 06:47 PM   #501

Jan 2011
New Jersey, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemcha View Post
Thank you. That's all I was asking. I find it odd that the packaging doesn't specify what format the movies are in. The packaging says "Blu-ray/DVD combo pack". Since we know that the Godzilla film is on Blu-ray, it's a pretty likely guess that the included bonus films are DVD. Has anyone opened this up to determine what they are?

The description on the packaging is ambiguous. If the bonus movies were on Blu-ray, it wouldn't indicate a Blu-ray/DVD combo pack. Also, if the two movies were Blu-ray, then the price would be high than $8. The description "Full High Definition" is also misleading. I wasn't aware there was any such thing as "Full High Definition". Or, did I miss something?

I've heard of High Definition but the new classification of "Full High Definition" sounds like the studio hyping up the included DVDs as "Blu-ray quality".
From what I've gathered from previous posts, this package contains one Blu-ray containing all 3 advertised films in 1080p, and a DVD containing all 3 films in 480. Thus, it is a Blu-ray/DVD combo pack. Full High Definition is a marketing term for 1080p as opposed to 720p. I hope this assuages your confusion.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:27 PM   #502
Special Member

Feb 2012
Texas

Quote:
Thank you. That's all I was asking. I find it odd that the packaging doesn't specify what format the movies are in. The packaging says "Blu-ray/DVD combo pack". Since we know that the Godzilla film is on Blu-ray, it's a pretty likely guess that the included bonus films are DVD. Has anyone opened this up to determine what they are?

The description on the packaging is ambiguous. If the bonus movies were on Blu-ray, it wouldn't indicate a Blu-ray/DVD combo pack. Also, if the two movies were Blu-ray, then the price would be high than $8. The description "Full High Definition" is also misleading. I wasn't aware there was any such thing as "Full High Definition". Or, did I miss something?

I've heard of High Definition but the new classification of "Full High Definition" sounds like the studio hyping up the included DVDs as "Blu-ray quality".
One page back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcummins View Post
Yes, no extras, as all three movies are on both the BD and DVD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcummins View Post
Yes I'm sure... both discs have all three movies titles printed on them. I haven't actually verified by watching yet, but I have no doubt they are on both discs.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:43 PM   #503
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008
Mexico, OH

I went to Wal-Mart today and the stupid $7.88 bin is stacked a mile high above the rim and if I tried to move one damn Blu-ray, about fifty of them would go flying. It was rediculous. I grabbed the Gamera Trilogy though.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:45 PM   #504

Oct 2012

Quote:
Thank you. That's all I was asking.
You need to actually read what people say when you "ask" for something, people had told you that the cover had already been posted earlier in the thread, but you ignored this and said "Let's not forget that no-one has posted a scan of the cover art" when you had just been told that such a scan had already been posted, and that you only needed to look a few posts back to see it. Here were the two posts immediately before your "Let's not forget" comment:
Quote:
Originally Posted by madlost1 View Post
Did you forget how to read? lcummins has the product in hand. The crop that I took was from the image he or she posted in the thread already. Read it and then read the quote from them that I posted above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnosifl View Post
No one said anything about them being DVDs but you--they are on blu ray. And the "actual cover image" was posted by lcummins already, did you go back and look at the posts immediately before yours? (it's only 7 posts before your post that started "if you haven't purchased Godzilla vs Biollante, then you need to stop by your local Walmart")
Old 03-16-2013, 12:58 AM   #505
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Hazle Township, PA

Quote:

Your toxic for my health. High definition can be 720p, 1080i, or 1080p. If you've never seen the term full high definition on a blu ray release before you need to get out of this hobby. As lcummins said both of the discs DVD and Blu have all three titles on them. Also why do they have to be only on the DVD when it's a combo pack? No the price should not be more than $8. The asylum titles included can be found for $2.50 a piece if you know where to look. I don't know what the heck your problem is but please for the sake of everyone here just leave it go. Your wrong now, you were wrong before, and you will always be wrong.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2
Marty: Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics.

The Cabin in the Woods (2011)
Old 03-18-2013, 02:08 AM   #506

Sep 2011

I found the 3 pack blu-ray at Walmart today, and as a word of warning, it only lists English 2.0 under audio for Godzilla vs Biollante.

I did not buy it so I can't confirm that it's true, but that's what the back cover says. Buy with caution.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:34 AM   #507

May 2011
I live in the state that looks like a mitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoEastwood View Post
I went to Wal-Mart today and the stupid $7.88 bin is stacked a mile high above the rim and if I tried to move one damn Blu-ray, about fifty of them would go flying. It was rediculous. I grabbed the Gamera Trilogy though.
Yeah, I also grabbed the Gamera Trilogy. No sign of Godzilla vs. Biollante.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:43 AM   #508
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2011
Toronto, Canada
Send a message via AIM to Forever Knight Send a message via MSN to Forever Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Forever Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilio_B View Post
Yeah, I also grabbed the Gamera Trilogy. No sign of Godzilla vs. Biollante.
That Gamera Trilogy is easily the greatest of all Kaiju films.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:46 PM   #509
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2007

Mega shark is great,... I've already had that on blu ray forever.
Blu Rays are Forever
Old 03-25-2013, 07:29 PM   #510

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Knight View Post
That Gamera Trilogy is easily the greatest of all Kaiju films.
Agreed. Many people will disagree with me quite heavily, but I always found Gamera 3 to be one of the greatest movies ever made (I know, I know). The film is just so well done, not to mention special to me.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:24 PM   #511
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2011
Toronto, Canada
Send a message via AIM to Forever Knight Send a message via MSN to Forever Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Forever Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABCABBMovie View Post
Agreed. Many people will disagree with me quite heavily, but I always found Gamera 3 to be one of the greatest movies ever made (I know, I know). The film is just so well done, not to mention special to me.
Heisei Gamera 3?
Old 12-20-2013, 06:19 PM   #512

Oct 2013
Alabama

I figured this would be the best place to ask on the internet. I have the import DVD of this (http://www.blu-ray.com/dvd/Godzilla-...nte-DVD/72740/) and want some info about the BD. The DVD only had English subtitles for the Japanese speaking parts but not for the English parts. Does the BD have the Sub's for English and Japanese parts or just for the latter.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:52 PM   #513
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008
Mexico, OH

The BD has two different subs. A complete English sub based off the English dub. Then subs in English translated from the Japanese. No subtitles during the English parts on that. Don't buy the 3 film set with Mega Shark, it doesn't have Japanese audio or subs.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:35 AM   #514
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2013
Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutimus View Post
I found the 3 pack blu-ray at Walmart today, and as a word of warning, it only lists English 2.0 under audio for Godzilla vs Biollante.

well you dont watch movies like this with english dub.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:30 PM   #515

Oct 2013
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoEastwood View Post
The BD has two different subs. A complete English sub based off the English dub. Then subs in English translated from the Japanese. No subtitles during the English parts on that. Don't buy the 3 film set with Mega Shark, it doesn't have Japanese audio or subs.
Thanks for that. I wasn't planning to get the 3 pack anyway as i'm not interested in the other 2.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:19 AM   #516
Expert Member

Jan 2013

Secondary prices are going up pretty fast on this.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:45 PM   #517
Power Member

Oct 2012
SE MI.

Whew, got my copy from amazon yesterday and it was the right one. I accidentally bought the 3-pack a couple weeks ago but returned as soon as I read the back cover at home and reviews online. Now I got the right one, and just in time it seems. Used prices are more than triple what they were 2 weeks ago when I ordered mine, nearly 4X as much. Still cheap compared to what people are asking for Fortress though!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America