Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Blow (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Quiet Man (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$100.81
WCW's Greatest Pay-Per-View Matches, Volume 1 (Blu-ray)
$18.74
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Beyond Outrage (Blu-ray)
$12.96
The Art of the Steal (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 04-12-2014, 05:50 AM   #1001

Aug 2013
Ontario, Canada

I only started collecting about a year and a half ago (shortly before Cinderella came out on Bluray), so I had missed the early Diamonds, besides Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King (gifts, thank god). I have every Diamond since Cinderella and most of the other ones.

I only buy the ones I like, but I have bought some of the less-desirable ones if I've found them for cheap (Disney cheap, under $15 if I'm lucky). For example, I got Home on the Range (number 53 out of 53 >_>) for $10, slip and all, and I got Dinosaur for $15. Pocahontas was a gift for my sister but it's still on my shelf so I guess I own it.

Besides those 3 I don't have other 'bad' ones. I've been looking for Aristocats as I heard it's no longer $35 here (Canada). I almost bought Oliver and Company the other day because it was $15 but I didn't have the money since I was there for The Hobbit. I also missed Brother Bear and Atlantis because they're still both full price here, which is a lot.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:39 PM   #1002

Mar 2014
Mississippi

Question for people that buy all Disney movies even ones they don't like. Why spend money on something you don't enjoy? I mean I like collecting Blu-Rays/dvds too, but I only spend money on movies/shows I like.
"I'm in trouble." Gwen Stacy, The Amazing Spider-Man.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:58 PM   #1003

Apr 2011
The hurricane state

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwen Stacy View Post
Question for people that buy all Disney movies even ones they don't like. Why spend money on something you don't enjoy? I mean I like collecting Blu-Rays/dvds too, but I only spend money on movies/shows I like.
Speaking only for myself, if I have to pay a movie I'm not a fan of, it's mostly due to its supplements and short films. If I buy Cinderella or The Little Mermaid, it's not for the movies, it's for Tangled Ever After and The Little Match Girl respectively.

Granted, I have yet to buy those blu-rays for the moment, but I'm making an example for myself.
Old 04-12-2014, 05:08 PM   #1004

Feb 2014
Talking My complete Disney Blu collection (live action/animated)

This will be on my profile with the "what i own" list for the links to the films but, with the exception of the wall of fame installments, (frozen. oz. etc.)
here's all my Disney blus.

Pixar:
a bug's life
monsters inc.
toy story trilogy
up
wall e.

Disney:
Alice in wonderland (2010)
Atlantis double
bolt
beauty and the beast
Narnia double
john carter
the jungle book
the lion king 3D
the nightmare before Christmas
pirates of the Caribbean quadrilogy
prince of Persia: sands of time
the princess and the frog
race to witch mountain
the sorcerer's apprentice
tangled 3D
tron double

looking forward to hercules, tarzan and hopefully, aladdin!
Old 04-12-2014, 09:19 PM   #1005
Expert Member

Jun 2011
Alhambra, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwen Stacy View Post
I'd like to complete my collection, it's true for many more movies in a series. And also many of the less popular ones are also the ones I haven't watched before, so I need to check it out myself.
Old 04-13-2014, 01:13 PM   #1006

Aug 2011
Rhode Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelwu View Post
Do young kids today also treasure these classics?
Depends on how you define "treasure." But, that withstanding, I think that, yes, in the broadest of definitions, children of today would appreciate the classics. I have a 9 year old niece who I have sat and watched every (if not most) Disney/Pixar films I own and she has enjoyed each one (minus The Great Mouse Detective). I also introduced her to "Ponyo" and I know she loved that film- she has asked to watch it several times. I think in a world today full of cartoons that use fart and poop jokes for cheap laughs, that children can appreciate what Disney has done in the past both style and storytellng wise.
Old 04-19-2014, 03:35 PM   #1007
Special Member

Feb 2012
Freehold, NJ

Any clue to when Tarzan and Hercules will be placed for pre-order?
The Official Disney Animation Thread
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=195921
Old 04-19-2014, 03:49 PM   #1008

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by zafisher94 View Post
Any clue to when Tarzan and Hercules will be placed for pre-order?
Maybe when they're officially announced? They're being released in Brazil in June, but Disney has yet to make any announcements for domestic release. If it was coming out in June here, they would have announced it by now.
I'm currently watching every Disney film ever made and reviewing them. You can follow along on my blog, The Disney Films, and also follow me on Twitter.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:43 PM   #1009
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2007
The Arctic circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by blury17 View Post
Depends on how you define "treasure." But, that withstanding, I think that, yes, in the broadest of definitions, children of today would appreciate the classics. I have a 9 year old niece who I have sat and watched every (if not most) Disney/Pixar films I own and she has enjoyed each one (minus The Great Mouse Detective). I also introduced her to "Ponyo" and I know she loved that film- she has asked to watch it several times. I think in a world today full of cartoons that use fart and poop jokes for cheap laughs, that children can appreciate what Disney has done in the past both style and storytellng wise.
Absolutely. I was born in 1994. Sleeping Beauty is one of my all time favorite films. When I was young, it was simply because I was a boy, and thought Prince Phillip was a bad ass. Him storming the castle was one of my favorite movie scenes ever. Now? It's still one of my favorite sequences of film, for an entirely different reason! It's hard NOT to appreciate the disney classics.
Mary Elizabeth Winsteads biggest fan!
Follow Mary on Twitter!
Alex of Venice: April 18th
Kill the Messenger: August 31rst
San Diego Comic-Con 2011 Attendee
San Diego Comic-Con 2012 Attendee
San Diego Comic-Con 2014 Attendee
Old 04-19-2014, 08:08 PM   #1010

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by blury17 View Post
Exactly. I was born in 98 and recently got back into Disney. I have watched many of the classics. Lady and the Tramp and the Jungle Book are actually in my top 10 Disney films. Disney is and always will be timeless. These titles appeal to my generation, the generation before, the generation after, and any in between. My 84 year old grandpa lives with us. I told him I had a bunch of Disney movies expecting him to just laugh or something. He instead lit up and asked to see which ones I had. I showed him all of my movies and he didn't seem too interested until I got to Snow White. He lit up. He told me that he had seen it in theaters for five cents with his Aunt when he was seven years old. He watched it and loved every minute of it. He has since watched The Lion King and Frozen, both of which he enjoyed. On the alternate end of the age spectrum, there is my cousin. He is six years old. He hadn't really seen anything Disney other than Pixar and Wreck it Ralph until a month ago. Expecting him to hate it because he is a kid who just loves Power Rangers and Justice League and nothing else (like I was at that age), I was thoroughly surprised when I saw how much he enjoyed a film made 20 years before his birth almost. He laughed, he was shocked as Ariel began to turn into one of the "poor unfortunate souls", now whenever he is around a fork he asks if I need a dinglehopper. Disney is for life, I see my kids and their kids enjoying these films as I have (except Bambi...I am not too big on animal centered movies :P)
Old 04-21-2014, 05:38 AM   #1011

Nov 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by femogan View Post
Just out of curiosity... do you guys buy all the classics or just the ones you truly love? I'm asking because I love Disney but some movies (Chicken Little, Home on the Range) I would get just so I can "have all the classics"...
I've been collecting almost everything blu-ray put out by Disney. Part of it is OCD, but another part is knowing that for myself and my future kids, they will have access to all of this.
Every official Disney Studios Animated Films
Every Pixar film + shorts (1,2, and car's tales), plus Planes
Every Studio Ghibli film released by Disney
Every sequel to a Disney Studios Animated Film
All 4 pirates films, Tron + Legacy, Prince of Persia, John Carter, Alice in Wonderland, Oz the great and powerful
Every Tinkerbell movie
Mary Poppiins, Pete's dragon, Hocus Pocus, Newsies
Every Muppet movie, and for completion sake that includes the 2 released by Paramount

There are some movies I'm going to refuse to touch:
Beverly Hills Chihuahua and its sequels
High School Musical and its sequels
Sharpay's Fabulous Adventure
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Tags
animated, animation, canon, classics, disney, official, pixar, release, status