Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Blow (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Quiet Man (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$100.81
WCW's Greatest Pay-Per-View Matches, Volume 1 (Blu-ray)
$18.74
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Beyond Outrage (Blu-ray)
$12.96
The Art of the Steal (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Old Yesterday, 06:35 PM   #2801

Apr 2014
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyTwoTimes View Post
SUSPIRIA.

I know, I know. During the early days of the DVD boom (when companies like Anchor Bay were releasing everything) this got a fancy 3 disc collection. It was even spotlighted in the Best Buy weekly ad! The online world made this out to be the end all, be all of horror films. It was the return of a classic and it was going to blow my mind.

I bought it and thought it sucked.

To this day, I don't find many supporters. I do find a lot of people telling me that I didn't "get it", that it's meant to be "dream like" and therefore incoherent on purpose, that the use of colors and gels is supposed to be... neat, or something. And that Goblin score, it's the greatest music ever (or not). Oh, and I'm supposed to watch Opera and a bunch of other Argento films on top of it. The handful I've seen have been pretty awful, I just don't get how this guy was ever a thing.

Please, please, is there someone else out there who just thinks Suspiria is kind of stupid?
I went through the same situation. I wondered if there was something wrong with me since everyone raved about the movie and I hated it.
Old Yesterday, 06:36 PM   #2802
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A. DigiBooks------------------->85 SteelBooks™-------------->101

Quote:
Originally Posted by twardyyy View Post
Different strokes for different folks, my friend. I blind-bought it and loved it, but I can see why some don't like it.

After all, I thought District 9 was the biggest piece of crap I've ever seen, but it's widely praised on here..
Old Yesterday, 06:39 PM   #2803

Jan 2013
West Covina, CA

Quote:
Different strokes for different folks, my friend. I blind-bought it and loved it, but I can see why some don't like it.

After all, I thought District 9 was the biggest piece of crap I've ever seen, but it's widely praised on here..
Yea i completely agree, whatever floats your boat. I love District 9 personally
Top 5 Favorite Films:
1.The Matrix 2.Fight Club 3.Inception 4.The Shawshank Redemption 5.Dark Knight Trilogy
Old Yesterday, 06:57 PM   #2804

Apr 2014
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlow3 View Post
Yea i completely agree, whatever floats your boat. I love District 9 personally
Inglorious Basterds. Up in the Air. The Hurt Locker. District 9. An Education. A Serious Man. Avatar. Up.

Seriously one of the best picture races ever @ Oscar!

I love District 9. I named my dog Wikus. Lol.
Old Yesterday, 11:37 PM   #2805

Dec 2011
Texas

I've made several regrettable blind buys. Most recently that would be Gravity. Boring and only an hour and twenty mins. Could have rented it for a one and done viewing. I blind bought most of the Oscar nominated movies I was sure I'd like-this was the only one I didn't.
Old Yesterday, 11:49 PM   #2806
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2008

Quote:
Is that why you never f*** up, about it?
Old Today, 12:19 AM   #2807

Jan 2014
Memphis, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Captain View Post
Is that why you never f*** up, about it?
BD Want List: Senna (Collector's Edition), Requiem for a Dream (Steelbook), The Place Beyond the Pines (Steelbook), Snowpiercer (Ultimate Collectors Edition), The Prestige (Steelbook)

Favorites: The Departed | Bubba Ho-Tep | The Prestige | Days of Thunder | Rush | The Dark Knight | The Big Lebowski | The Place Beyond the Pines | Blow | Pulp Fiction | Clue | Django Unchained | Cedar Rapids | Goodfellas | Requiem for a Dream | Meet the Parents | Ghostbusters | Shutter Island | Zodiac
Old Today, 12:23 AM   #2808
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2013
Canada

Ugh, my head hurts now.
Home Theater Setup: Blu-ray player and a TV.
Old Today, 01:24 AM   #2809

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raif79 View Post
I went through the same situation. I wondered if there was something wrong with me since everyone raved about the movie and I hated it.
I thought it was pretty good, but I didnt have any internet hype that built it up, it was just some movie clip I saw in a documentary and then I seeked it out. But I've certainly been disappointed by hype with other movies.
Samsung HLP5674w 56" DLP
Panasonic DMP-BDT210
Wharfedale Diamond 10.2 x2
Old Today, 01:31 AM   #2810

Jan 2014
Memphis, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenSilvas79 View Post
I've made several regrettable blind buys. Most recently that would be Gravity. Boring and only an hour and twenty mins. Could have rented it for a one and done viewing. I blind bought most of the Oscar nominated movies I was sure I'd like-this was the only one I didn't.
I wouldn't necessarily call my blind buy purchase "regrettable", but I definitely had high hopes for it since it got so many nominations. I eventually settled down to watch it one night and made it through, but found it decently overrated. I'm not sure I will watch it again but I'll hold onto it, I suppose...
BD Want List: Senna (Collector's Edition), Requiem for a Dream (Steelbook), The Place Beyond the Pines (Steelbook), Snowpiercer (Ultimate Collectors Edition), The Prestige (Steelbook)

Favorites: The Departed | Bubba Ho-Tep | The Prestige | Days of Thunder | Rush | The Dark Knight | The Big Lebowski | The Place Beyond the Pines | Blow | Pulp Fiction | Clue | Django Unchained | Cedar Rapids | Goodfellas | Requiem for a Dream | Meet the Parents | Ghostbusters | Shutter Island | Zodiac
Old Today, 01:48 AM   #2811

Jul 2013
Florida

Gravity 3D is one of my only blind buys ever tbh, I still haven't watched it to see if I made a mistake or not haha. I usually make it a point to have had seen any film before I buy it, mostly because I'm really a harsh critic and I don't like a lot of things that everybody else does.
Old Today, 03:28 AM   #2812
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2013
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by growsinwater View Post
Gravity 3D is one of my only blind buys ever tbh, I still haven't watched it to see if I made a mistake or not haha. I usually make it a point to have had seen any film before I buy it, mostly because I'm really a harsh critic and I don't like a lot of things that everybody else does.

You are very unique compared to the general masses of people.
Old Today, 03:33 AM   #2813

Jul 2013
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultlife2013 View Post
You are very unique compared to the general masses of people.
Thanks
Old Today, 03:52 AM   #2814
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2013
Canada

Quote:
Thanks

Yes, a very unique snowflake.
Old Today, 05:38 AM   #2815

Mar 2012

Nine. It should have been the perfect blind buy. When it comes to musicals I like anything. Hell, I even found some merit in American Mall. I just did not care for Nine at all and I'm still not entirely sure why I disliked it so much.
Old Today, 06:12 AM   #2816

Jan 2014

Quote:
Sturgeon's Law, aka "ninety percent of everything is crap".

Just gotta find the good stuff.
Old Today, 07:55 AM   #2817
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2010
Pembroke Pines, FL

Can't say for sure if it's the worst blind buy I've ever made, but one of the worst choices I made recently was getting Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Rings for $1 from that Amazon pricing error. I know it was only a dollar, but still.....
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America