Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$99.99
13 hrs ago
Let's Be Cops (Blu-ray)
$9.96
6 hrs ago
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$9.96

Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey (Blu-ray)
$19.99

X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.96
20 hrs ago
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99

The Beyond (Blu-ray)
$24.99
3 hrs ago
The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$44.99

Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Homeland: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

True Detective (Blu-ray)
$24.99

COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 11-18-2012, 04:20 AM   #541

Feb 2011

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has the PiP problem. This happened to me a couple of years ago. But when I first got the movie, I had no problems. At all. It wasn't til a firware update on my PS3 that the PiP was forced stuck. Did anyone else go thru that? Where it worked fine, then BAM, PiP forever?
Old 03-22-2014, 04:31 PM   #542

Jan 2009

I posted this in a PS3 thread but posted it here too just in case nobody sees it there

on March 8 2014 I purchased Sunshine after taking forever to find this in a store, then i discover it has the PIP problem, so I searched to see if anyone else had a problem and luckily (I thought) found the exchange program which is still in effect for anyone wondering.

I called them, they emailed me instructions to send it back the whole movie case and disc so i sent it back which cost $3.98 (cannot be sent as a letter probably because of the case!)

they called me a couple days ago said they recieved my disc and they tested it and it works fine and they want to send it back
I mentioned about having a ps3 because they most likely wouldnt be testing it on one and also the new replacement disc barcode# they said mine is the new disc!

so now its being sent back and I'm stuck with a movie i cant watch, i guess i can sell it to someone without a ps3?

so much for that. has anyone else had a problem with the new disc too?
Old 03-22-2014, 11:15 PM   #543

Oct 2008
Sarnia, On

Well, I haven't played this disc since I got my new bluray player and I have the PIP problem. My bluray is old enough that I'll have to spring for a new one. Hopefully I'll get sent the corrected version.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:31 PM   #544
Expert Member

Sep 2011
Barrie, Ontario

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyes View Post
Well, I haven't played this disc since I got my new bluray player and I have the PIP problem. My bluray is old enough that I'll have to spring for a new one. Hopefully I'll get sent the corrected version.
I just tried mine in my new player and it also has the problem, but I can turn it off (Yamaha BD-A1020).
Favorite Quote from Father Goose
Lieutenant Stebbings: Mother Goose is requesting a chaplain.
Commander Frank Houghton: A chaplain? Good heavens, he's killed her.
Lieutenant Stebbings: No, sir. They want to get married.
Commander Frank Houghton: Married? Goody Two-Shoes and the Filthy Beast?
Old 03-22-2014, 11:52 PM   #545
Special Member

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDeM View Post
I just tried mine in my new player and it also has the problem, but I can turn it off (Yamaha BD-A1020).
Call Fox, there should be an exchange program. The disc was fixed about 3 years ago. (It's possible they may have not made it into the marketplace widespread.)

fitprod
Old 03-23-2014, 01:57 AM   #546

Jan 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitprod View Post
Call Fox, there should be an exchange program. The disc was fixed about 3 years ago. (It's possible they may have not made it into the marketplace widespread.)

fitprod
I was saying in my above post that fox said the disc i just sent back that had the PiP problem was the new corrected disc, if thats the case then both versions dont work
Old 03-23-2014, 05:00 AM   #547
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra03 View Post
I was saying in my above post that fox said the disc i just sent back that had the PiP problem was the new corrected disc, if thats the case then both versions dont work
It's quite possible that whoever you talked to didn't know what they were talking about and you do in fact have the old defective disc. People often don't seem to know what they're talking about when you call for support. I deal with that all the time. It's worth another call to talk to somebody else that might be willing to actually listen to you.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:22 AM   #548
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Watching my replacement copy now on my slim PS3. 15 minutes in and no PIP.
HT EQUIPMENT: Sony Bravia KDL-52W3000, Onkyo 805, B&W M-1s & AS-2 Sub, 60GB PS3, Toshiba HD-A2

FOR SALE/TRADE THREAD: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=55884
Old 03-23-2014, 02:56 PM   #549
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petra_Kalbrain View Post
Yup, I'll bet that employee this person talked to didn't know what they were talking about.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:20 PM   #550

Jan 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petra_Kalbrain View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mar3o View Post
Yup, I'll bet that employee this person talked to didn't know what they were talking about.

Petra_Kalbrain thanks for checking yours

mar3o: it wasnt the original employees I talked to it that didnt understand itwas the testing department that you ship the disc too that said mine was the replacement with the correct barcode. they still could have sent me another of the good copys just in case mine was labeled good but was really the defective? maybe they gave so many replcements out that now they just make excuses.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America