Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Planet of the Vampires (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Hunt (Blu-ray)
$11.49
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Lifeforce (Blu-ray)
$14.59
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Warrior (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Ghost in the Shell (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.92
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 07-26-2012, 09:22 PM   #61
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2007
Indianapolis, IN

The CMT-340 arrived a few minutes ago. Man this thing is a friggin' beast. Take a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cliff

Last edited by darkpoet25; 07-26-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:39 PM   #62
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2007
Indianapolis, IN

Updated photos in the gallery. Just for you Prerich, I took a full frontal shot(of the set-up that is) .
Cliff
Old 07-27-2012, 12:27 AM   #63
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2007
Indianapolis, IN

Sitting here right now listening to The Eagles Hell Freezes Over DTS disc. Man those vocal harmonies sound so rich and full. I hadn't played this one a while, almost forgot just how great of a band they really are. New York Minute sounds just incredible, as does In The City and Seven Bridges Road.
Cliff
Old 07-27-2012, 12:06 PM   #64
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"
Send a message via AIM to DangeRuss Send a message via Yahoo to DangeRuss

Good Morning and

Congrats !!!!!!!

On your new addition

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkpoet25 View Post
Updated photos in the gallery. Just for you Prerich, I took a full frontal shot(of the set-up that is) .
And it's a nice look too

Plenty of room for expansion
Visuals by......
Panasonic~ Oppo

Audio by...
DUAL~ Grado ~ Yamaha
Harman/Kardon~ Acoustic Research
SVS

Last edited by DangeRuss; 07-27-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:49 PM   #65
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2007
Indianapolis, IN

Okay I have a question for those with the Police: Certifiable concert. I have looked on eBay and Amazon at copies, some still have the Best Buy Exclusive, while others don't. What are the differences between the two, if any? Is it just the packaging itself or does the BB Exclusive have something the other release(s) don't? Would love to add this to my collection at some point.
Cliff
Old 08-07-2012, 04:08 PM   #66
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2010
Knoxville,TN

Quote:
Okay I have a question for those with the Police: Certifiable concert. I have looked on eBay and Amazon at copies, some still have the Best Buy Exclusive, while others don't. What are the differences between the two, if any? Is it just the packaging itself or does the BB Exclusive have something the other release(s) don't? Would love to add this to my collection at some point.
How's it going Cliff?

I actually just watched this BD last night. It sounds great. It has 5.1 TrueHD at 96khz. Most movie/concert BD's are 48khz. It is very crisp, and has some really powerful, deep, punchy, tight LFE.

As far as I know, all of the different ones come with one BD, and two CD's that have the exact same songs. I think the only difference is the case. The one that I have is basically a tri-fold digibook case with a slipcover to hold it together. They have the same one that I have on Amazon right now (Used - Very Good Condition) from Indiana for $15.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...seller=&sr=1-3
Joe
Old 08-07-2012, 09:50 PM   #67
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2007
Indianapolis, IN

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogmort View Post
How's it going Cliff?

I actually just watched this BD last night. It sounds great. It has 5.1 TrueHD at 96khz. Most movie/concert BD's are 48khz. It is very crisp, and has some really powerful, deep, punchy, tight LFE.

As far as I know, all of the different ones come with one BD, and two CD's that have the exact same songs. I think the only difference is the case. The one that I have is basically a tri-fold digibook case with a slipcover to hold it together. They have the same one that I have on Amazon right now (Used - Very Good Condition) from Indiana for $15.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...seller=&sr=1-3
Hey Joe , sorry to hear about your job loss, but nice to see you got back on your feet. I figured it was just an issue of a different case, just wasn't too sure. Thanks for the heads up on the used copy, but I may hold off until next paycheck. Besides Jaws come out next week, which has my attention as far as new releases right now. Can't wait to see it in HD.

I finally got the CMT-340 center after waiting a few months to make sure I had the money to cover it. The Slipknot Download concert is pretty damn sweet. Great PQ and AQ. The size of the crowd was nuts. Shame about Paul's passing, seemed like a truly great guy that loved what he did.
Cliff
Old 08-07-2012, 11:49 PM   #68
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2010
Knoxville,TN

Quote:
Hey Joe , sorry to hear about your job loss, but nice to see you got back on your feet. I figured it was just an issue of a different case, just wasn't too sure. Thanks for the heads up on the used copy, but I may hold off until next paycheck. Besides Jaws come out next week, which has my attention as far as new releases right now. Can't wait to see it in HD.

I finally got the CMT-340 center after waiting a few months to make sure I had the money to cover it. The Slipknot Download concert is pretty damn sweet. Great PQ and AQ. The size of the crowd was nuts. Shame about Paul's passing, seemed like a truly great guy that loved what he did.
Thanks Cliff. I wouldn't mind getting Jaws, but I'm going to have to hold off on that for a little while.

I saw the pictures of your new center. It looks very nice.

I'm not a massive Slipknot fan, but I like them okay. I've got all of their CD's, but I don't listen to them much these days. I would like to get the BD eventually though.
Joe
Old 08-08-2012, 01:11 AM   #69
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2007
Indianapolis, IN

Quote:
Thanks Cliff. I wouldn't mind getting Jaws, but I'm going to have to hold off on that for a little while.

I saw the pictures of your new center. It looks very nice.

I'm not a massive Slipknot fan, but I like them okay. I've got all of their CD's, but I don't listen to them much these days. I would like to get the BD eventually though.
I can see how Slipknot would be a band that is not for everyone. Lol, then again some of the music I listen to isn't for everyone anyway.(I have a lot of goth/industrial/ambient/experimental music in my collection) The Stone Temple Pilots show is on my concert list too. I saw a clip on youtube, and they still sounded great after all these years.
Cliff
Old 08-08-2012, 12:46 PM   #70
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"

Good Morning POET!!!!

And Happy All HUMPS Day !!!!!!!!!
Visuals by......
Panasonic~ Oppo

Audio by...
DUAL~ Grado ~ Yamaha
SVS
Old 09-23-2012, 10:01 PM   #71
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2007
Indianapolis, IN

Well late Friday night while playing Battlefield Bad Company, my PS3 decided to crap out on me. I got the dreaded YLOD. Luckily we had a 160GB slim at the Wal Mart I work at and was able to put it in layaway. With my discount it took $25.50 off. Should have it in a couple of weeks, but not being able to watch any Blu's or play any games in that time frame will suck. At least I have my Pioneer universal player to watch the DVD's I have in the meantime. Hope everyone else is having a better weekend.
Cliff
Old 09-24-2012, 03:32 AM   #72
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2010
Knoxville,TN

Quote:
Well late Friday night while playing Battlefield Bad Company, my PS3 decided to crap out on me. I got the dreaded YLOD. Luckily we had a 160GB slim at the Wal Mart I work at and was able to put it in layaway. With my discount it took $25.50 off. Should have it in a couple of weeks, but not being able to watch any Blu's or play any games in that time frame will suck. At least I have my Pioneer universal player to watch the DVD's I have in the meantime. Hope everyone else is having a better weekend.
I'm really sorry to hear that Cliff. I hope you have been doing well besides the PS3 problem, and I hope you get that new one real soon.
Joe
Old 09-24-2012, 09:28 AM   #73
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2007
Indianapolis, IN

Quote:
I'm really sorry to hear that Cliff. I hope you have been doing well besides the PS3 problem, and I hope you get that new one real soon.
Yeah it does suck that that happened Joe, but it lasted me all this time so I can't really complain. I've been doing good though, thanks for asking. Hope things worked out well for you and the job search. I should have it hopefully within the next two weeks, we get paid this Thursday which will give me more to pay on it, and by next paycheck I should have it.
Cliff
Old 09-24-2012, 11:23 PM   #74
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2010
Knoxville,TN

Quote:
Yeah it does suck that that happened Joe, but it lasted me all this time so I can't really complain. I've been doing good though, thanks for asking. Hope things worked out well for you and the job search. I should have it hopefully within the next two weeks, we get paid this Thursday which will give me more to pay on it, and by next paycheck I should have it.
Yeah, I've got a new job, so I'm slowly getting back on track.

Not sure if you would be interested in this, but a friend of mine's PS3 died on him about a year ago, and he bought a new one, and then a few weeks later he bought a stand alone BD player. Now he uses the PS3 for gaming and the BD player for movies. His thinking was that both of them should last much longer since they're not pulling double duty.
Joe
Old 09-29-2012, 04:26 AM   #75
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2007
Indianapolis, IN

Quote:
Yeah, I've got a new job, so I'm slowly getting back on track.

Not sure if you would be interested in this, but a friend of mine's PS3 died on him about a year ago, and he bought a new one, and then a few weeks later he bought a stand alone BD player. Now he uses the PS3 for gaming and the BD player for movies. His thinking was that both of them should last much longer since they're not pulling double duty.
I've been thinking about getting a stand alone BD player myself. Sony has a couple of decently priced ones I've been looking at. Another less expensive option that I have thought about was to use a laptop cooler to place under the PS3. It should help with keeping the temperature low enough so there will be less stress on the PS3 itself. I read on the Sony forums that some people have tried using them to good effect. The ones that Nyko released were a joke and actually ruined some peoples PS3's. It attached to the back and the side of the fat models, but the problem is that it would blow the dust on the back into the system itself covering the parts inside. The most extreme cases they would get so hot that they would melt to the back of the system.
Cliff
Old 10-13-2012, 08:05 PM   #76
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2010
Knoxville,TN

Quote:
I've been thinking about getting a stand alone BD player myself. Sony has a couple of decently priced ones I've been looking at. Another less expensive option that I have thought about was to use a laptop cooler to place under the PS3. It should help with keeping the temperature low enough so there will be less stress on the PS3 itself. I read on the Sony forums that some people have tried using them to good effect. The ones that Nyko released were a joke and actually ruined some peoples PS3's. It attached to the back and the side of the fat models, but the problem is that it would blow the dust on the back into the system itself covering the parts inside. The most extreme cases they would get so hot that they would melt to the back of the system.
That's crazy dude!

I just picked up Slipknot: {sic}ness - Live at Download UK 2009 today. Partially because of your recommendadtion. I plan on getting nice and toasted and blasting it tonight.
Joe
Old 12-25-2012, 02:02 PM   #77
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2007
Indianapolis, IN

Merry Christmas to one and all. Hope everyone has a great and safe holiday.
Cliff
Old 12-25-2012, 09:10 PM   #78
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2010
Knoxville,TN

Quote:
Merry Christmas to one and all. Hope everyone has a great and safe holiday.
Thanks buddy. Hope you had a good one too!
Joe
Old 12-26-2012, 11:05 AM   #79
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"

Quote:
Thanks buddy. Hope you had a good one too!
Like the man said.........HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!
Visuals by......
Panasonic~ Oppo

Audio by...
DUAL~ Grado ~ Yamaha
SVS
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries