COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Ghostbusters Limited Edition Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Sleepy Hollow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Just Go With It (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
South Park: The Complete Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grimm: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Rio 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Originals: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.24
Godzilla 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99
WWE: Ladies And Gentleman My Name Is Paul Heyman (Blu-ray)
$17.29
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 09-08-2014, 01:22 AM   #1401
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius View Post
As it is more or less officially confirmed that 101 Dalmatians is coming to US Blu-ray in Spring 2015, that leaves I think three more Blu-rays of old Disney movies: Saludos Amigos/Three Caballeros double feature, Make Mine Music/Melody Time double feature, and The Black Cauldron which turns thirty in 2015. Only question is what time of the year for all the rest of this stuff? August for the double-features, like they did with Ichabod & Mr. Toad/Fun & Fancy Free this year? Maybe late October for TBC to tie it into scary Halloween stuff?
I keep forgetting about that! Oh please Disney, make this happen!
Old 09-09-2014, 01:25 AM   #1402

May 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by seansolo View Post
Some good observations.
Thanks.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:29 AM   #1403

May 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
As of next year, I think it'll be five years since they last released it on DVD? And it being the thirtieth anniversary with little left in the back catalog to release, I don't see why they wouldn't release it (other than the fact that it's TBC, of course).

If only some big time magazines and websites could make a push for releasing the original cut (which is supposed to still exist as the original negative) on the Blu-ray. Thirty years have passed, Disney. Bury the stupid hatchet already. The exec who cut it isn't even at the company anymore, is he? If anything I bet they'd do a lot better business with that title if they restored all the original footage as opposed to only releasing the truncated theatrical cut. Or with seamless bridging, both cuts on the same disc, like Apocalypse Now and Redux.
Old 09-09-2014, 02:03 AM   #1404

Feb 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
I'm game for those! But I'd like Prince and the Pauper too!
Old 09-09-2014, 03:02 AM   #1405

May 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphdude View Post
I'm game for those! But I'd like Prince and the Pauper too!
It's weird that Disney included the documentary Water Birds - A True Life Adventure on their Rescuers double-feature Blu-ray but left The Prince and the Pauper (which originally ran before The Rescuers: Down Under in theaters) off the disc.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:41 AM   #1406
Expert Member

Oct 2008
Oregon

Quote:
As it is more or less officially confirmed that 101 Dalmatians is coming to US Blu-ray in Spring 2015, that leaves I think three more Blu-rays of old Disney movies: Saludos Amigos/Three Caballeros double feature, Make Mine Music/Melody Time double feature, and The Black Cauldron which turns thirty in 2015. Only question is what time of the year for all the rest of this stuff? August for the double-features, like they did with Ichabod & Mr. Toad/Fun & Fancy Free this year? Maybe late October for TBC to tie it into scary Halloween stuff?
I'd bet we get something like this:

February
101 Dalmatians (Spring Diamond)

March/April
Saludos Amigos/The Three Caballeros (to take advantage of Cinco de Mayo)
101 Dalmatians: Patch's London Adventure (The Spring Diamond's sequel typically comes a month later or in August)
Make Mine Music/Melody Time

August
The Black Cauldron (to take advantage of Halloween)

October
Aladdin (Autumn Diamond)

November
Return of Jafar/Aladdin and the King of Thieves (The Autumn Diamond's sequel typically comes a month later)

And I'd guess we will see A Goofy Movie/An Extremely Goofy Movie, Tarzan 2, one or two Pooh movies and 101 Dalmatians/102 Dalmatians (live action) at some point in the year as well.

I'm really interested in seeing if they keep up the package film releases with bonus films (The Reluctant Dragon was a nice surprise, I'd be interested in seeing what they would include in the next two sets.)

Last edited by RebelPrince1986; 09-09-2014 at 07:43 AM.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:22 AM   #1407
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2009
Little Rock, AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelPrince1986 View Post
I'd bet we get something like this:

February
101 Dalmatians (Spring Diamond)

March/April
Saludos Amigos/The Three Caballeros (to take advantage of Cinco de Mayo)
101 Dalmatians: Patch's London Adventure (The Spring Diamond's sequel typically comes a month later or in August)
Make Mine Music/Melody Time

August
The Black Cauldron (to take advantage of Halloween)

October
Aladdin (Autumn Diamond)

November
Return of Jafar/Aladdin and the King of Thieves (The Autumn Diamond's sequel typically comes a month later)

And I'd guess we will see A Goofy Movie/An Extremely Goofy Movie, Tarzan 2, one or two Pooh movies and 101 Dalmatians/102 Dalmatians (live action) at some point in the year as well.

I'm really interested in seeing if they keep up the package film releases with bonus films (The Reluctant Dragon was a nice surprise, I'd be interested in seeing what they would include in the next two sets.)
My guess is MMM/MT will drop in August along with TBC, and possibly others (101 II, 101/102 live-action, Goofy 1/2, etc.) One or more of the August releases will likely be a DMC exclusive in June, like Hercules & Tarzan.
BD players: PS3 Slim 250GB; Sherwood BDP-5004 (region-free); HP P7-1010 (w/ LG WH12LS38K, AMD HD 6570, Hanns-G HL227, Altec Lansing 2.1 speakers, TMT 6, PDVD 11)
A/V hardware: Vizio E3D320VX 3DTV; Sony HT-SS380; Vizio Co-Star (Google TV); Radiient HDMI switch; Nook HD; Galaxy Tab 3 Lite; Moto G; iPhone 3GS
-----------------
Avatar: Vivien Leigh's Gone with the Wind Oscar, my own photo taken in 2011 at Little Rock's Historic Arkansas Museum.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:40 AM   #1408
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Quote:
As of next year, I think it'll be five years since they last released it on DVD? And it being the thirtieth anniversary with little left in the back catalog to release, I don't see why they wouldn't release it (other than the fact that it's TBC, of course).

If only some big time magazines and websites could make a push for releasing the original cut (which is supposed to still exist as the original negative) on the Blu-ray. Thirty years have passed, Disney. Bury the stupid hatchet already. The exec who cut it isn't even at the company anymore, is he? If anything I bet they'd do a lot better business with that title if they restored all the original footage as opposed to only releasing the truncated theatrical cut. Or with seamless bridging, both cuts on the same disc, like Apocalypse Now and Redux.
Oh yeah...I do recall reading about some controversey waaaay back in the day. One would hope that doesn't hinder this coming to blu-ray, next year. Of course, you just never know with Disney these days!
Old 09-11-2014, 02:36 AM   #1409

Aug 2013
Ontario, Canada

Does anyone know if there's a place online I can buy official Disney slipcovers? I found 2 or 3 movies I don't yet own but none have a slipcover and I'm partially OCD about having the slipcovers.
Old 09-11-2014, 02:37 AM   #1410

Feb 2014
Washington, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayuk View Post
Does anyone know if there's a place online I can buy official Disney slipcovers? I found 2 or 3 movies I don't yet own but none have a slipcover and I'm partially OCD about having the slipcovers.
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=235673

This should help. eBay is my second choice.
Old 09-11-2014, 05:25 AM   #1411

Aug 2014
TN

I recently joined the DMC and half my enrollment blus didn't have slips. So i tried the number for the replacements but they only had one of the four i needed. So i was searching the trading/sales forums here and for a reasonable amount, was able to find all of them. I would say try the replacement number first, then try the trade board.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:58 AM   #1412

Aug 2013
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngtiffani View Post
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=235673

This should help. eBay is my second choice.
Thanks!
Old 09-12-2014, 01:59 AM   #1413

Aug 2013
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAL4U2C View Post
I recently joined the DMC and half my enrollment blus didn't have slips. So i tried the number for the replacements but they only had one of the four i needed. So i was searching the trading/sales forums here and for a reasonable amount, was able to find all of them. I would say try the replacement number first, then try the trade board.
Noted, thank you!
Old 09-13-2014, 07:25 PM   #1414

Nov 2012
NY

Anyone know why certain movies like Mulan no longer come with slipcovers but movies like Hunchback of NM are still being sold with slipcovers?
Old 09-14-2014, 01:15 AM   #1415
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2009
Little Rock, AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.t View Post
Anyone know why certain movies like Mulan no longer come with slipcovers but movies like Hunchback of NM are still being sold with slipcovers?
Perhaps they sold out of one but not the other?
BD players: PS3 Slim 250GB; Sherwood BDP-5004 (region-free); HP P7-1010 (w/ LG WH12LS38K, AMD HD 6570, Hanns-G HL227, Altec Lansing 2.1 speakers, TMT 6, PDVD 11)
A/V hardware: Vizio E3D320VX 3DTV; Sony HT-SS380; Vizio Co-Star (Google TV); Radiient HDMI switch; Nook HD; Galaxy Tab 3 Lite; Moto G; iPhone 3GS
-----------------
Avatar: Vivien Leigh's Gone with the Wind Oscar, my own photo taken in 2011 at Little Rock's Historic Arkansas Museum.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Tags
animated, animation, canon, classics, disney, official, pixar, release, status