COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best PS3 Deals

Top PS3 Deals, Cheap PS3 Games!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Lego Marvel Super Heroes (PS3)
$19.99
Hakuoki (PS3)
$39.99
South Park: The Stick of Truth (PS3)
$29.99
Tales of Graces f (PS3)
$43.08
Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist Of Arland (PS3)
$25.96
Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk (PS3)
$29.99
Minecraft Playstation 3 Edition (PS3)
$18.76
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
$29.27
Borderlands (PS3)
$18.85
Dynasty Warriors 8 (PS3)
$29.99
Tales of Symphonia Chronicles (PS3)
$19.99
Lost Planet 3 (PS3)
$14.69
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd (PS3)
$49.96
Infamous Collection (PS3)
$18.63
Payday 2 (PS3)
$19.99
Demon's Souls (PS3)
$16.34
BioShock Infinite (PS3)
$19.99
Resident Evil 5 (PS3)
$12.04
Doom 3 BFG Edition (PS3)
$15.60

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Old 08-06-2013, 11:36 PM   #81
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
I miss getting PS1 games.

No. Just, no.
Oh I apologize. Had no idea my opinion was completely invalid, and that spending less to play the same games was somehow a ridiculous notion.

Will try to do better in the future.
Games I Want Remastered for PS4

1. Burnout Paradise
2. Uncharted Trilogy
3. Arkham Series
4. Pain
5. Little Big Planet 1 & 2 Story Levels
Old 08-06-2013, 11:43 PM   #82
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2007

Mods, please change the title!
Old 08-06-2013, 11:53 PM   #83
Power Member

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groo The Perverted View Post
Oh I apologize. Had no idea my opinion was completely invalid, and that spending less to play the same games was somehow a ridiculous notion.

Will try to do better in the future.
I was referring to the fact that a pc to play most games comfortably does not cost $1000 unless you go the Alienware route which is the BOSE of pc's.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:00 AM   #84
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2008
Mobile, AL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Mods, please change the title!
If its ok with Trogdor2010 I Second that.
PSN = derb
Xbox Live = BMW 135i Coupe

2013 Game of the Year - The Last of Us

PS3 Slim 320GB, PS3 Slim 1TB, PS3 S Slim 500GB, PS Vita 64GB, PS4 1.5TB, Xbox 360 S 250GB, Xbox 360 S 250GB+320GB, Xbox One 4TB WD, Nintendo Wii U 2TB WD, Nintendo 3DS XL 32GB
Old 08-07-2013, 12:05 AM   #85
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2008

Quote:
I was referring to the fact that a pc to play most games comfortably does not cost $1000 unless you go the Alienware route which is the BOSE of pc's.
Well, to be fair, I DID say "close to".

Every system I've seen where you have to get it to play the high end games, the recommended settings/parts will run you much more than a Ps3/Ps4. Plus eventually you'll have to upgrade parts, and get more ram, and get more this, and a better that, and it's just more money and more money.

Much easier/less expensive for me, anyway, to get a PS3 or a Ps4 and not worry about whether it'll play a PS4 game 6 years from now.

If I buy a computer right now that is set to play the newest game that's out, will that computer AS IS be perfectly fine running a top of the line game 6 years from now using the recommending settings?

I realize that's an impossible question, but look at a system that was bought when Saints Row III came out, and then ask if that system as was, is good enough to run Battlefield 4 when it comes out, or if you have to continue to upgrade graphics cards, and ram, and whatever?

Full disclosure, I've never been a PC Gamer. I have a ton of games in my STEAM account that I've gotten via Humble Bundles or sales or what have you, but the majority will not play on the PC I have.

Would like to get a higher end system one day, but just don't have the money and am stupid when it comes to putting them together myself.

So my logic and rationale (or lack thereof lol) is coming from that place.

1. Burnout Paradise
2. Uncharted Trilogy
3. Arkham Series
4. Pain
Old 08-07-2013, 12:17 AM   #86
Power Member

Feb 2011

Quote:

Would like to get a higher end system one day, but just don't have the money and am stupid when it comes to putting them together myself.

Oh I get what you're saying completely and you really just made my point right here. Computers are as complex as you want to make them. I've always made my own (self taught. just fiddled around one day and figured it out) and it really is a matter of you can't put the wrong part in the wrong hole. Problem is, a lot of companies prey on peoples misunderstanding and charge out the ass for something that once you're taught, is pretty simple. They mark up pre-mades a TON. And that extra money you pay to have them put it together can sometimes double your specs if you do it yourself.

Sorry if I came off as confrontational. It wasn't my intention.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:31 AM   #87
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2008

Quote:
Oh I get what you're saying completely and you really just made my point right here. Computers are as complex as you want to make them. I've always made my own (self taught. just fiddled around one day and figured it out) and it really is a matter of you can't put the wrong part in the wrong hole. Problem is, a lot of companies prey on peoples misunderstanding and charge out the ass for something that once you're taught, is pretty simple. They mark up pre-mades a TON. And that extra money you pay to have them put it together can sometimes double your specs if you do it yourself.

Sorry if I came off as confrontational. It wasn't my intention.
Not a problem.

I have some basic specs that I know I want the computer to have, but beyond that....

I know that I want it to have HDMI out (may be standard nowadays, I don't know...man I sound old) so I can connect it to my Monitor that I use as my TV. Bluray drive doesn't matter, but if I can get one cheap, that would be fine.

I want at least 8GB of ram and I'd like to have one that I wouldn't have to upgrade it for a good while. Of course as the saying goes, as soon as it's out the door it's obsolete. lol.

Speaking of which, one of the greatest (and truest) sketches of all time.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=45b_1245438109

1. Burnout Paradise
2. Uncharted Trilogy
3. Arkham Series
4. Pain
Old 08-07-2013, 12:45 AM   #88
Banned

May 2013

Quote:
Well, to be fair, I DID say "close to".

Every system I've seen where you have to get it to play the high end games, the recommended settings/parts will run you much more than a Ps3/Ps4. Plus eventually you'll have to upgrade parts, and get more ram, and get more this, and a better that, and it's just more money and more money.

Much easier/less expensive for me, anyway, to get a PS3 or a Ps4 and not worry about whether it'll play a PS4 game 6 years from now.

If I buy a computer right now that is set to play the newest game that's out, will that computer AS IS be perfectly fine running a top of the line game 6 years from now using the recommending settings?

I realize that's an impossible question, but look at a system that was bought when Saints Row III came out, and then ask if that system as was, is good enough to run Battlefield 4 when it comes out, or if you have to continue to upgrade graphics cards, and ram, and whatever?

Full disclosure, I've never been a PC Gamer. I have a ton of games in my STEAM account that I've gotten via Humble Bundles or sales or what have you, but the majority will not play on the PC I have.

I have a friend who built a system four years ago and nothing about next gen is making them think about upgrading any parts and they can run Crysis 3 on recommended settings and max out Battlefield 3 (I can't comment on BF4 as we really have to wait to see how well optimized it is etc, sure we can guess but that isn't all that useful). They also easily run multiplatform games at higher graphic settings and at a higher fps then any current console.

Consoles are easier to set up and that is a far enough reason, but the notion that you have to upgrade regularly to continue playing new games is simply incorrect. One can easily last the entire length of a console generation (if not longer) without upgrading.

So to answer "but look at a system that was bought when Saints Row III came out, and then ask if that system as was, is good enough to run Battlefield 4 when it comes out", the answer is unless Battlefiueld 4 runs poorly (is poorly optimized etc) then any even mid level pc built two years ago or even four years ago (and even more) will be able to run Battlefield 4 and it will run it notably better then consoles currently do.

I seriously wonder where this misinformation about pc's having to be upgraded all the time comes from. I must assume it is from those who have a vested interest in consoles and not pc (like gamestop etc).
Old 08-07-2013, 01:07 AM   #89
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2008

Well that is very good to hear then. I think I'm going to be getting a computer made. My buddy in Ohio puts them together and has offered to help me out and put one together for me at his cost.

I like this case here, but someone else suggested that because it's a mid size tower that it's not a good choice.

I just LOVE the fact that the buttons/USB ports and whatnot are on the top.

Hopefully they have this in full size case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac01 View Post
I have a friend who built a system four years ago and nothing about next gen is making them think about upgrading any parts and they can run Crysis 3 on recommended settings and max out Battlefield 3 (I can't comment on BF4 as we really have to wait to see how well optimized it is etc, sure we can guess but that isn't all that useful). They also easily run multiplatform games at higher graphic settings and at a higher fps then any current console.

Consoles are easier to set up and that is a far enough reason, but the notion that you have to upgrade regularly to continue playing new games is simply incorrect. One can easily last the entire length of a console generation (if not longer) without upgrading.

So to answer "but look at a system that was bought when Saints Row III came out, and then ask if that system as was, is good enough to run Battlefield 4 when it comes out", the answer is unless Battlefiueld 4 runs poorly (is poorly optimized etc) then any even mid level pc built two years ago or even four years ago (and even more) will be able to run Battlefield 4 and it will run it notably better then consoles currently do.

I seriously wonder where this misinformation about pc's having to be upgraded all the time comes from. I must assume it is from those who have a vested interest in consoles and not pc (like gamestop etc).

1. Burnout Paradise
2. Uncharted Trilogy
3. Arkham Series
4. Pain
Old 08-07-2013, 02:22 AM   #90
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
If its ok with Trogdor2010 I Second that.
Why hasn't there been a thread dedicated to PS+? There's like 2 sticky threads dedicated to trophies. :P

I wanted a thread dedicated to do that, so sure! Wished I could change a title of a thread without a mod though.
Projector:Infocus X10 1080p DLP projector & DIY anamorphic lens
TV:Samsung DLP 1080p TV HL-T5676S
Receiver: Yamaha HTR-5640 AV receiver
HTPC/gaming rig
Add me on Steam: rctyke (trogdor2010)
Old 08-07-2013, 02:25 AM   #91
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor2010 View Post
Why hasn't there been a thread dedicated to PS+? There's like 2 sticky threads dedicated to trophies. :P

I wanted a thread dedicated to do that, so sure! Wished I could change a title of a thread without a mod though.
There used to be a thread about it, and I'd post up the stuff every week, but the OP (Can't remember who) just refused to update the 1st post each week, and most people just ignored the thread so I said screw it. This was before PS+ and it was basically what was coming to the store each week.

1. Burnout Paradise
2. Uncharted Trilogy
3. Arkham Series
4. Pain
Old 08-07-2013, 02:29 AM   #92
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2009

Quote:
There used to be a thread about it, and I'd post up the stuff every week, but the OP (Can't remember who) just refused to update the 1st post each week, and most people just ignored the thread so I said screw it. This was before PS+ and it was basically what was coming to the store each week.
I thought the mods here have other-worldly powers we mere OPs could not handle! :P

However, I'll update the page as soon as I can, and hope a mod can change the title.

Edit: Done.

However, I haven't added info from the European or Australian PS+ page.
HTPC/gaming rig

Last edited by Trogdor2010; 08-07-2013 at 02:44 AM.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:25 AM   #93
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2008
Mobile, AL

Quote:
However, I'll update the page as soon as I can, and hope a mod can change the title.

Edit: Done.
Cheers!
PSN = derb

PS3 Slim 320GB, PS3 Slim 1TB, PS3 S Slim 500GB, PS Vita 64GB, PS4 1.5TB, Xbox 360 S 250GB, Xbox 360 S 250GB+320GB, Xbox One 4TB WD, Nintendo Wii U 2TB WD, Nintendo 3DS XL 32GB
Old 08-07-2013, 08:15 PM   #94

Jun 2013

I don't know if this was posted in here but there is a Rayman sake going on this week on the PS store. PS Plus members can get

Rayman Origins: $5.00
Rayman: $1.50
Rayman 2 The Great Escape: $1.50
Rayman 2 Revolution: $.2.50
Rayman 2 Arena: $2.50
Rayman 3 HD: $2.50

I bought all of them except for Arena and my total was only $13.00. That's a GREAT deal for the almost complete Rayman series.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:33 PM   #95
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastielMerteuil View Post
I don't know if this was posted in here but there is a Rayman sake going on this week on the PS store. PS Plus members can get

Rayman Origins: $5.00
Rayman: $1.50
Rayman 2 The Great Escape: $1.50
Rayman 2 Revolution: $.2.50
Rayman 2 Arena: $2.50
Rayman 3 HD: $2.50

I bought all of them except for Arena and my total was only $13.00. That's a GREAT deal for the almost complete Rayman series.
The thread is about free PS+ games, not really about PS+ sales. They should have a dedicated sales thread for PSN sales however (which they clearly don't on their Video game sales page).
HTPC/gaming rig
Old 08-07-2013, 11:41 PM   #96
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2008

Quote:
The thread is about free PS+ games, not really about PS+ sales. They should have a dedicated sales thread for PSN sales however (which they clearly don't on their Video game sales page).
Personally I think we should have a thread dedicated to PS+ Updates. Free/Sales/Etc.

That's just me though.

1. Burnout Paradise
2. Uncharted Trilogy
3. Arkham Series
4. Pain
Old 08-07-2013, 11:46 PM   #97
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2009

Quote:
Personally I think we should have a thread dedicated to PS+ Updates. Free/Sales/Etc.

That's just me though.
That would be nice actually.
HTPC/gaming rig
Old 08-08-2013, 08:14 AM   #98
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2011
England

Quote:

That's just me though.
I agree

PSN: Goofy_Wookie
Old 08-08-2013, 08:25 AM   #99
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2008
Mobile, AL

Quote:
That would be nice actually.
Yep.

Any takers?
PSN = derb

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3