Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Equalizer (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Mad Men: Season Six (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Let's Be Cops (Blu-ray)
$5.99
John Wick (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Interstellar (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$34.49
Hellsing Ultimate: Collection Volumes 9-10 (Blu-ray)
$25.89
The Expendables 3 (Blu-ray)
$15.00
Archer: The Complete Season Five (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Babadook (Blu-ray)
$19.99
American Sniper (Blu-ray)
$29.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

View Poll Results: What is your favourite Friday the 13th film(s)?
Friday the 13th (1980) 267 24.43%
Friday the 13th Part II 246 22.51%
Friday the 13th Part 3 3D 159 14.55%
Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter 355 32.48%
Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning 73 6.68%
Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason lives 278 25.43%
Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood 106 9.70%
Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan 70 6.40%
Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday 48 4.39%
Jason X 90 8.23%
Freddy Vs. Jason 112 10.25%
Friday the 13th (2009) 72 6.59%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1093. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-22-2015, 01:16 PM   #10321

Oct 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyhorse View Post
I think New Line went to Warner Bros, as did the distribution rights for Paramount, so all the Friday films are in the same house now. Halloween has my eyes on it. I was gonna bite at $80 a week or 2 ago, but the day I went to get it, it was back to $100 on amazon. That thing changes price everyday it seems, going both up and down.
The Halloween Limited Complete Collection is definitely something you need to grab once it lowers in price because that is quite limited for a time. Only if you want that particular set though with those extras, as every individual film is already available with the Producer's Cut of Part 6 eventually being a single release.

Yea, the Friday the 13th rights are more simple. Parts 1-8 were originally Paramount and Jason Goes To Hell, Jason X, and Freddy Vs. Jason were New Line. New Line got bought by Warner Bros. before the remake happened.

But didn't Paramount re-acquire the rights for Friday The 13th after making a deal to fund Interstellar? Warner Bros. wanted in on the money of Interstellar (that Paramount was making) so they gave Paramount Friday The 13th and South Park franchises.
This happened just a few months after the release of this set.
Don't know what that means for this set.

Maybe its not so limited afterall. I can't help but think that it is going out of print soon due to the scarcity of it, if not already. It will likely get a repackaging if Warner still has the rights to do that, which it may not. Paramount may just have rights to future installments of the franchise which they will have to produce within 5 years from 2014, so they have about 4 years left to make something. And they are. A film and TV series (ala Bates Motel) dealing with young Jason and his mother are happening.

Last edited by Xen11; 01-22-2015 at 01:21 PM.
Old 01-22-2015, 04:03 PM   #10322
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2010
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xen11 View Post
Attachment 106702

Of course we knew of the Best Buy deal last year as we know of pretty much any Amazon or Best Buy deal on this site. That was fairly early in this collection's existence, so there was hope that it would go for less than even that as time went on. But now its just staying at $100.

It would have been nice if someone informed this particular Friday the 13th The Complete Collection forum about it able to be had at Barnes & Noble for $62.
So greed got the better of you causing you to miss out on the Bestbuy price . That's a bit of an unrealistic expectation IMO. The Barnes & Noble sale was posted about in a new thread that was open in the deals sub-forum. It's up to members to check these things. Everyone is after different titles, is every thread for a title supposed to be alerted to a sale. Also, I made a mistake, the $62 price I mentioned previously required the use of a code, giving you a further 20% off:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...ostcount=36630

I was actually going to buy the set for someone, I had it in my cart and had entered the code, I just forgot about this when I made my previous post. As you can see in the link above, that was posted in the Australian sub-forum, and if we can manage to keep up on U.S promotions and sales, then it should be equally as easy if not easier for you to do so
Setup:
Panasonic th-p65vt60a tv, Sony str-da5300es avr/pre-amp, Emotiva xpa-2 & xpa-5 amps, Dali Concept: 10 (fronts) 2 (rears x4) & centre speakers, 2x SVS pb13-ultra subwoofers, Oppo bdp-105 Blu-ray player/DAC (region free), Onkyo c-s5vl sacd player, Panasonic dmr-bwt835 1tb hdd/Blu-ray recorder, Xbox One & 360 250gb s, Sony PS4 & PS3 60gb, Cyron lighting & htw1000 controller, Samsung s2 1tb hdd, SurgeX sx1210rli surge protector/power conditioner x3, Logitech Harmony 1100i remote
Old 01-22-2015, 05:06 PM   #10323

Sep 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
12 movies is too high at $80???? damn... even I have to raise an eyebrow at this one
When you consider the manufacturing cost is probably under 10 bucks, yeah 80 bucks is too high. Besides, it offers nothing new except dated prints and the same old extras. Let's not forget that all the films are still cut except for part 1.
Old 01-22-2015, 05:37 PM   #10324

Oct 2011
Suomi Finland Perkele

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goremeister100 View Post
When you consider the manufacturing cost is probably under 10 bucks, yeah 80 bucks is too high.
And from the perspective of a foreigner, 80 bucks is too high to import a box set that will most likely deliver me at least one of the discs horribly maimed. Sure, Amazon is really good about customer service, but how many box sets would I have to go through before getting an intact one?
Old 01-22-2015, 06:13 PM   #10325
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cevolution View Post
We are all bargain hunters, some are just better at it than others. Clearly you aren't the greatest if you limit yourself to what you see on this and missed these opportunities. I'm not even an American member, and I'm aware.
I bow down to you master bargain hunter! Forgive me for my ignorance and stupidity, for I am not around to catch every single major price drop on a Blu-ray set. How foolish I am!

Old 01-22-2015, 07:47 PM   #10326

Sep 2014

Quote:
The Halloween Limited Complete Collection is definitely something you need to grab once it lowers in price because that is quite limited for a time. Only if you want that particular set though with those extras, as every individual film is already available with the Producer's Cut of Part 6 eventually being a single release.

Yea, the Friday the 13th rights are more simple. Parts 1-8 were originally Paramount and Jason Goes To Hell, Jason X, and Freddy Vs. Jason were New Line. New Line got bought by Warner Bros. before the remake happened.

But didn't Paramount re-acquire the rights for Friday The 13th after making a deal to fund Interstellar? Warner Bros. wanted in on the money of Interstellar (that Paramount was making) so they gave Paramount Friday The 13th and South Park franchises.

Maybe its not so limited afterall. I can't help but think that it is going out of print soon due to the scarcity of it, if not already. It will likely get a repackaging if Warner still has the rights to do that, which it may not. Paramount may just have rights to future installments of the franchise which they will have to produce within 5 years from 2014, so they have about 4 years left to make something. And they are. A film and TV series (ala Bates Motel) dealing with young Jason and his mother are happening.
I believe Paramount has always had the domestic rights to 1-8. They did the original DVDs and re-released those films to DVD around the time the reboot came out, as well as 1-3 on Blu-ray. I think Warner just got the sub-license to those films for this boxset (kinda like how Anchor Bay/Scream got the sub-license to the later Halloween films for that set). The Paramount logo is on the discs for 1-8. I think it will be re-issued at some point, at least with cheaper packaging.

Interestingly, Warner Bros. has always had the overseas rights to the original film.
Old 01-22-2015, 07:50 PM   #10327
Blu-ray Prince

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlk5844 View Post
I bow down to you master bargain hunter! Forgive me for my ignorance and stupidity, for I am not around to catch every single major price drop on a Blu-ray set. How foolish I am!

now you're learning
Old 01-22-2015, 10:06 PM   #10328
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffOliver View Post
I believe Paramount has always had the domestic rights to 1-8. They did the original DVDs and re-released those films to DVD around the time the reboot came out, as well as 1-3 on Blu-ray. I think Warner just got the sub-license to those films for this boxset (kinda like how Anchor Bay/Scream got the sub-license to the later Halloween films for that set). The Paramount logo is on the discs for 1-8. I think it will be re-issued at some point, at least with cheaper packaging.

Interestingly, Warner Bros. has always had the overseas rights to the original film.
Paramount still has the rights to Friday the 13th 1-8, Warner still has the remaining films. Paramount, er, Comedy Central also still has South Park. What Warner had was a co-production deal for South Park films of which: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut was the first.

Warner has traded their production rights to any new Friday the 13th and South Park films in exchange for co-production rights on Interstellar.

This box set is not a special licensing deal by Warner from Paramount for these films. Nope, its a standard home video licensing deal. Back in 2012 and starting Jan 1 2013, Paramount entered into distribution agreement with Warner for over 600 titles. Warner would handle distribution or take over distribution of these titles. Warner will also produce and master any new to Blu catalog titles with Paramount providing elements. For new to home video titles like Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters and World War Z and Labor Day, Warner would just take over distribution.

This deal is good for three years and Paramount can opt to renew it or let it lapse. So essentially, this set will continue to exist until at least January 2017.
Thanks given by:
Xen11 (01-22-2015)
Old 01-22-2015, 11:42 PM   #10329

Oct 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_dave View Post
Paramount still has the rights to Friday the 13th 1-8, Warner still has the remaining films. Paramount, er, Comedy Central also still has South Park. What Warner had was a co-production deal for South Park films of which: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut was the first.

Warner has traded their production rights to any new Friday the 13th and South Park films in exchange for co-production rights on Interstellar.

This box set is not a special licensing deal by Warner from Paramount for these films. Nope, its a standard home video licensing deal. Back in 2012 and starting Jan 1 2013, Paramount entered into distribution agreement with Warner for over 600 titles. Warner would handle distribution or take over distribution of these titles. Warner will also produce and master any new to Blu catalog titles with Paramount providing elements. For new to home video titles like Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters and World War Z and Labor Day, Warner would just take over distribution.

This deal is good for three years and Paramount can opt to renew it or let it lapse. So essentially, this set will continue to exist until at least January 2017.

Good. Plenty of time to wait out the inevitable price drop. If it really lasts into 2016, I predict a $30 tag. The wait begins...
Old 01-29-2015, 12:58 AM   #10330

Mar 2010
Garland, TX (Dallas, TX Suburb)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Myers View Post
You put the HD version in your cart. Then put in the the dvd disc and it will offer SD and HD digital versions at $2 and $4. Pick the $2 (sd) one. When you checkout the HD version will be in your cart at the $2 price. Hope that helps.
Does this feature still work for you? I can't seem to get it to work anymore.
Living Room Set-Up:
Toshiba 40XV645U 40" 1080p 120hz LCD HDTV
Slim 160 GB PlayStation 3
Sony HT-SS360 Home Theater 5.1 System
Phillips DVP5990 DVD player
Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD Player
Old 01-29-2015, 01:31 AM   #10331

Aug 2012
Pennsylvania

Hopefully with the announcement of the new movie today WB will consider releasing the movies again either individually or in a much cheaper collection...something along the lines of the Nightmare collection.
Blu-Ray Wishlist
A Smoky Mountain Christmas, Psycho IV, Foul Play, 9 to 5, Panic Room, What Lies Beneath, The Best Little Wh**ehouse in Texas, Black X-Mas (2006), The Witches, Mulholland Drive, Lost Highway, One Magic Christmas, Prancer, Mommie Dearest, Red Eye, Bewitched (TV Series)
Thanks given by:
jlk5844 (01-29-2015)
Old 01-29-2015, 03:54 AM   #10332
Power Member

Aug 2012
Returning Some Tapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmj1993 View Post
Hopefully with the announcement of the new movie today WB will consider releasing the movies again either individually or in a much cheaper collection...something along the lines of the Nightmare collection.
Individual releases perhaps, but what would be the point of putting out another set? It's more likely that neither scenario will happen until Paramount regains distribution rights. At that time I'd expect double feature releases.
Wanted To Buy:
Nothing at the Moment

For Sale/Trade:
Nothing at the Moment
Old 01-29-2015, 06:27 AM   #10333
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2012
Oklahoma

I never understood why they made the set that we have now in the first place. It can't be cheap to manufacture and package everything together. Looks like it would have been cheaper and made them more money to just throw the discs in a case like the Nightmare On Elm Street series. Plus as many times as amazon.com has yanked the set and with all the returns Best Buy had WB is probably in the hole.
Thanks given by:
Region_unlocked (01-29-2015), ryanmj1993 (01-29-2015)
Old 01-29-2015, 06:36 AM   #10334
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2010

Quote:
I agree with what you say. The Friday The 13th Collection and the Halloween Collection are both limited time deals because the various films in each series are owned by different companies (Halloween especially).
The F13 rights are only divided between Paramount and Warner. And that's a meaningless distinction at the moment, because thanks to their current deal with Paramount, Warner already had the home video rights to the F13 films they don't own outright. So it's not really comparable at all to Halloween. Every one of the Halloween films had to be licensed.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:41 AM   #10335

Feb 2009

Quote:
Makes me wonder if you're selling these on amazon. I never get it when folks tell others to buy a release because "they think" it might be OOP. Anyways, this set blows so I don't know why anyone would pay that high. It isn't worth more that 30 bucks if you don't already have the films on dvd. Nothing worthwhile over past releases and lousy transfers. Wait for the 4k release but I'm sure Paramount will release another crappy set
I would pay 70 bucks or more for this set. To each their own.
Thanks given by:
TripleHBK (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 02:51 AM   #10336
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008

Seriously should have gotten this when it was only $79.99 at every Best Buy I went to back in October... guess I'll wait till the end of the year.
ಠ_ಠ
Old Yesterday, 01:39 PM   #10337
Special Member

Dec 2011
Cincinnati, OH

Quote:
Let's not forget that all the films are still cut except for part 1.
And the only other film with an uncut version is JGTH? Paramount never cared about the franchise when it was starting, so they've lost all of the deleted footage from Parts 2 and 3. The deleted footage from Final Chapter is included and New Blood's deleted gore scenes only exist on an old VHS tape, so clearly they can't do much with that.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America