Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dog Soldiers (Blu-ray)
$19.97
Alfred Hitchcock: The Masterpiece Collection (Blu-ray)
$98.99
How to Train Your Dragon 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Three Stooges Collection - Volume Two - Triple Feature (Blu-ray)
$7.79
Interstellar (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb (Blu-ray)
$15.00
The Book of Life (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Invaders from Mars (Blu-ray)
$15.89
Thunderbirds: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$44.97
Whiplash (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Defiance: Season One (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Boardwalk Empire: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$160.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2014, 09:52 AM   #2041
filmmusic filmmusic is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
filmmusic's Avatar
 
Sep 2010
Athens, Greece
156
1
1
Default

Unfortunately the new 5.1 audio, although it has restored the missing elements, is nowhere near as good as in the original Bluray!!
You can hear this in some audio comparisons posted in the previous page.
Most wanted Blurays: All classic Disney animation films restored to their original look (with grain), without any re-imagining, Raintree County, Star Wars OT, Sissi Trilogy, Spacecamp, Spacehunter: adventures in the forbidden zone, Maurice, Explorers, Mayerling, Supergirl, Free Willy, Return to Oz, True Lies, Abyss, King Solomon's Mines/Allan Quatermain and the lost city of gold, Death in Venice, Wilde, Ulysses 31, Ducktales, Candy Candy (anime series)
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 08:16 PM   #2042
StingingVelvet StingingVelvet is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
StingingVelvet's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA
395
105
27
Default

Huh, I'm not a hardcore fan of the movie and didn't know there were alterations. Movie censorship doesn't even have these cuts listed.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 08:19 PM   #2043
Kryptonic Kryptonic is offline
Suspended
 
Kryptonic's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
Huh, I'm not a hardcore fan of the movie and didn't know there were alterations. Movie censorship doesn't even have these cuts listed.
http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=363247

http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=121

http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=357350
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 08:24 PM   #2044
StingingVelvet StingingVelvet is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
StingingVelvet's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA
395
105
27
Default

Yes I saw those, none speak of the blu ray version. Are you saying the US blu ray is the same as the UK 15 DVD?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 08:27 PM   #2045
Kryptonic Kryptonic is offline
Suspended
 
Kryptonic's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
Yes I saw those, none speak of the blu ray version. Are you saying the US blu ray is the same as the UK 15 DVD?
No. The UK cuts regarding the horse falls are on the original UK Blu-ray if you're using a Region B player. They're on the new UK Blu-ray no matter what player you're using or country you select. The last link is specifically about the US/UK Blu-ray's.

If you want the films, order the French steelbook and you're set.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 08:29 PM   #2046
StingingVelvet StingingVelvet is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
StingingVelvet's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA
395
105
27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonic View Post
No. The UK cuts regarding the horse falls are on the original UK Blu-ray if you're using a Region B player. They're on the new UK Blu-ray no matter what player you're using or country you select. The last link is specifically about the US/UK Blu-ray's.

If you want the films, order the French steelbook and you're set.
I already have the US blu ray. What I am asking is, is that the theatrical version?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 08:33 PM   #2047
Kryptonic Kryptonic is offline
Suspended
 
Kryptonic's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
I already have the US blu ray. What I am asking is, is that the theatrical version?
No. The theatrical version is not on Blu-ray.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 08:37 PM   #2048
StingingVelvet StingingVelvet is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
StingingVelvet's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA
395
105
27
Default

Well I see it's extended, does it have the horse falls and original sex scene, is what I am asking. Every resource I look at says yes, but people are acting like it doesn't?

Or is this another case where people are focusing on UK issues in the US forum confusing the heck out of me!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 08:39 PM   #2049
Kryptonic Kryptonic is offline
Suspended
 
Kryptonic's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
Well I see it's extended, does it have the horse falls and original sex scene, is what I am asking. Every resource I look at says yes, but people are acting like it doesn't?

Or is this another case where people are focusing on UK issues in the US forum confusing the heck out of me!
The US version has the horse falls and sex scene intact. Only the UK version is cut for that reason.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 08:40 PM   #2050
StingingVelvet StingingVelvet is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
StingingVelvet's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA
395
105
27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonic View Post
The US version has the horse falls and sex scene intact. Only the UK version is cut for that reason.
Well I'm happy with my disc then, thanks.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 08:42 PM   #2051
Kryptonic Kryptonic is offline
Suspended
 
Kryptonic's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
45
Default

Can anyone confirm or deny that the German theatrical DVD is in 2.35:1 or not? It's 16:9 enhanced, but can't find out of it's letterboxed.Thanks.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:46 PM.