Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
It 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Men in Black Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$42.98
Friday Night Lights: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$45.51
Game of Thrones: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$39.96
Your Name (Blu-ray)
$19.96
The Purge: 3-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.90
Crime of Passion (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Halloween II (Blu-ray)
$13.99
The Hitman's Bodyguard (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Trailer Trauma 3: 80's Horror-Thon (Blu-ray)
$23.15
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Vietnam War (Blu-ray)
$68.10
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Gaming General Discussion > Retro Gaming

Old 12-16-2011, 03:29 AM   #201
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2010
Sherwood Forest

I've got a PacMan and Donkey Kong Machine. Used to have a Centipede, Super Cobra and MAME machine. Restored / built all of them myself. With that said an auction is coming to Orlando this weekend, hmm?

The holy grail for me would be a Cliff Hanger cabinet. Not the nicest looking cabinet but I loved that game.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:26 AM   #202
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2010
New Zealand

I haven't had mame since 2005-6ish. I do believe my top 5 ol fav arcade games are Raiden Fighters (1,2 and 3).
Rastan Saga
DoDonPachi
Chelnov the atomic runner.
U.S navy (capcom horizontal shooter)
"Do not try to use what you learn from Buddhism to be a Buddist; use it to be a better whatever you are already"

The Dalai Lama XIV
Old 12-04-2012, 06:52 PM   #203
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2012
Bedford Falls

Don't have any because of space limitations (and let's get real -- the prices). A local pawn shop has several arcade cabs I grew up with, such as Mortal Kombat 2, for like $400-500 sticker each. I'm sure they're space hogs in there as well and they'd be game for haggling. Just not feasible in my situation to go this route. However, I have super fond memories of spending about every to every other Saturday in the mall arcade from about 1990 to 1996, sometimes from 10am opening until 5 or 6 in the afternoon. Also used to go to another place that had arcade, putt putt, go karts, etc, and would often stay from around 7pm until they closed at midnight. Not bad for a kid pre-internet. Used to be the norm to see the same diehard 8 to 10 guys there at both locations every weekend. Most aged 10 to 18 or so. Although there was one 'older' guy (probably still under 35 ) who to this day is probably the best arcade gamer I've seen. Never did beat him once at any game I played regularly and could whoop 90% of the other players at. Miss those days. Great communities. Probably the only thing that's come close since would be the DDR phenomenon of the early to mid 2ks, though I never really played it much in arcades.

Last edited by meremortal; 12-04-2012 at 07:02 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:55 AM   #204
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2010
New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by meremortal View Post
Don't have any because of space limitations (and let's get real -- the prices). A local pawn shop has several arcade cabs I grew up with, such as Mortal Kombat 2, for like $400-500 sticker each. I'm sure they're space hogs in there as well and they'd be game for haggling. Just not feasible in my situation to go this route. However, I have super fond memories of spending about every to every other Saturday in the mall arcade from about 1990 to 1996, sometimes from 10am opening until 5 or 6 in the afternoon. Also used to go to another place that had arcade, putt putt, go karts, etc, and would often stay from around 7pm until they closed at midnight. Not bad for a kid pre-internet. Used to be the norm to see the same diehard 8 to 10 guys there at both locations every weekend. Most aged 10 to 18 or so. Although there was one 'older' guy (probably still under 35 ) who to this day is probably the best arcade gamer I've seen. Never did beat him once at any game I played regularly and could whoop 90% of the other players at. Miss those days. Great communities. Probably the only thing that's come close since would be the DDR phenomenon of the early to mid 2ks, though I never really played it much in arcades.
Story of my teen years. I find it amazing this style of life seems redundant now. but you sure built your reputation on skill level. Boy the days when you could draw a crowd..

I s'pose online games and starcraft tournaments have replaced this
"Do not try to use what you learn from Buddhism to be a Buddist; use it to be a better whatever you are already"

The Dalai Lama XIV
Old 01-08-2013, 09:21 PM   #205
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2012

I have always wanted to play games using MAME..but I don't know how to access MAME (I'm a NOOB in every sense of the word. Still learning and getting a bit better) Could anyone please elaborate and explain the steps I need to do on the computer to get MAME working on My MacBook Pro or Mac? Is MAME safe to run on your computer or laptop?
PLEASE take a look at my NEW home theater gallery pics!!
Old 01-19-2013, 09:09 AM   #206
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2010
New Zealand

In the past I used Mame32 plus I think it was, and that was as simple as grabbing roms placing them in the rom folder loading mame and and selecting which game you wished to play. without the need to memorize various line code.

this one discontinued.

and briefly I used Wolfmame (because I like shmups), but i haven't used this in a half decade and couldn't tell which mame works now for which system.

None I have used have ever been security threats afaik. accept the sites you may visit to grab roms. which I will not mention

The Dalai Lama XIV
Old 09-16-2013, 07:11 PM   #207

Dec 2011
Jax, Fl

my favorite old arcade games

Run n Gun
TMNT
Simpsons
X men
Street Fighter 2
Old 10-05-2016, 02:36 AM   #208
Blu-ray Samurai