Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Now: The White Buffalo $11.89 (10% claimed)

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Transformers: The Last Knight 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Star Trek Beyond 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Beguiled (Blu-ray)
$6.49
X-Men Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Rick and Morty: Season One (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 4 Film Favorites (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Alien: 6 Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Planet of the Apes Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Bridget Jones's Baby (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Planet of the Apes Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$31.99
The Big Sick (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Life of Pi 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia

Old 03-16-2017, 09:52 AM   #1
Power Member

Jun 2008
Perth
Australia Hacksaw Ridge - Blu-ray & Steelbook

WWII American Army Medic Desmond T. Doss, who served during the Battle of Okinawa, refuses to kill people and becomes the first Conscientious Objector in American history to be awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor.

Disc is barebones.

BDinfo:

Code:
Disc Title: HACKSAW RIDGE
Disc Size: 38,319,202,709 bytes
Protection: AACS
BD-Java: No
Playlist: 00003.MPLS
Size: 37,942,050,816 bytes
Length: 2:19:03.918
Total Bitrate: 36.38 Mbps
Video: MPEG-4 AVC Video / 31998 kbps / 1080p / 23.976 fps / 16:9 / High Profile 4.1
Audio: English / DTS-HD Master Audio / 5.1 / 48 kHz / 2522 kbps / 16-bit (DTS Core: 5.1 / 48 kHz / 1509 kbps / 16-bit / DN -3dB)
Subtitle: English / 40.077 kbps

NB:Contains 50hz material.

UHD MIA?
That there is one damn fine coat you're wearing.

4K UHD - The Experts Agree, Occasionally it's a little better!

For Sale: Alfred Hitchcock Boxed Set (AU), Jacques Tati Collection (AU), Warner 50 Film Collection (AU), Hammer Horror Collection (AU)
Thanks given by:
Cevolution (03-16-2017), hdgfs (03-16-2017), Hucksta G (03-16-2017), StrayButler91 (03-16-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 01:04 PM   #2
Expert Member

Feb 2012
Australia

Icon have finally commented on Facebook, basically saying certain things weren't made available to other territories.

I just find it interesting that Roadshow consistently licenses special features produced by Lionsgate for their releases, and also sources 4K discs direct from Lionsgate. Roadshow may not often put Atmos on their standard 1080p discs, but they usually make up for it by making a 4K version available, with Atmos.

Also interesting that Hacksaw was screened across the county in Atmos in compatible theatres, yet the track is apparently not available for home media.

Bottom line, Icon spent nothing on this release. They paid people to encode it and chuck subtitles and the 5.1 audio on it, and that's it. And for an Australian movie that has received so much acclaim and awards, that's inexcusable.
Old 09-18-2017, 06:42 PM   #3

Sep 2017
Minchinbury, NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrayButler91 View Post
Icon have finally commented on Facebook, basically saying certain things weren't made available to other territories.

I just find it interesting that Roadshow consistently licenses special features produced by Lionsgate for their releases, and also sources 4K discs direct from Lionsgate. Roadshow may not often put Atmos on their standard 1080p discs, but they usually make up for it by making a 4K version available, with Atmos.

Also interesting that Hacksaw was screened across the county in Atmos in compatible theatres, yet the track is apparently not available for home media.

Bottom line, Icon spent nothing on this release. They paid people to encode it and chuck subtitles and the 5.1 audio on it, and that's it. And for an Australian movie that has received so much acclaim and awards, that's inexcusable.
Agree, I don't think Icon really care about the Ausralian market, even for Australian movies like Hacksaw Ridge.
Old 09-21-2017, 12:01 PM   #4

May 2009
Sydney, Australia

Icon always do everything on the cheap, and people here buy there sub-standard rubbish. Hacksaw Ridge was only released in Australia on Blu-Ray in 5.1, and not released here in 4K. The US & British versions on 2K & 4K do have the Atmos soundtrack. Absolutely stunning sound & picture. I purchased mine from the US. Roadshow aren't much better. They to are guilty of releasing titles here in 5.1, where the overseas versions are in Atmos and/or 4K. I buy next to nothing here. There are many more 4K titles available overseas than here, and 4K is region free. The companies here in Australia are pathetic.

Last edited by fistymusic; 09-21-2017 at 12:16 PM.
Old 09-21-2017, 12:58 PM   #5
Expert Member

Feb 2012
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistymusic View Post
Roadshow aren't much better. They to are guilty of releasing titles here in 5.1, where the overseas versions are in Atmos and/or 4K. I buy next to nothing here. There are many more 4K titles available overseas than here, and 4K is region free. The companies here in Australia are pathetic.
At the very least, Roadshow sources 4K discs from overseas. The 5.1 audio on standard BDs doesn't bother me as much, because I'll just fire up the 4K version if I'm watching on my TV. And if I need to make use of the standard BD when watching on my laptop or something, the sound doesn't make much of a difference.

Icon is much worse.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia