Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Baby Driver 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Life 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Close Encounters of the Third Kind 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Mummy 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
John Wick: Chapter 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Alien: Covenant 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Pokémon: Season 1 - Indigo League (Blu-ray)
$57.05
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
It 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Star Trek Beyond 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia

Old 09-25-2017, 03:22 AM   #41

Jul 2011
Melbourne, Victoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alister_M View Post
Well, aren't most other countries' editions 4K/3D/BD combos? Aussie distributors seem to be attempting to milk customers even more than usual with the existence of three different disc types..

At least the standard BD won't just be a repackaged Skynet DNR mess. Hopefully it's loaded with extras too. I don't even care if it's all in SD, I still bloody regret getting rid of the old UE DVD.
Found this for you man http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Terminato...oAAOSwcB5ZJ5FS
"We got a kinder, gentler machine gun hand."

The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive

Last edited by Gomephrus; 09-25-2017 at 03:34 AM.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:31 AM   #42
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2010
Charlotte, NC
-
-
-

Quote:
Well, aren't most other countries' editions 4K/3D/BD combos? Aussie distributors seem to be attempting to milk customers even more than usual with the existence of three different disc types..
Most? No and nobody has one that is just a simple Combo pack

The only combo's I'm aware of are a couple of sets combined with the Endo-arm in the EU (150EUR, £120). I still thinking some of the Asia Region A countries may get one and hopefully one without the Arm, but so far Japan,Korea, and HK don't have a listing at all.

At least AUS gets the option of the 3D. US/Canada don't get that option at all in any forum. Given the high probability the EUR versions are likely to be Region locked from Lionsgate/Studio-canal, we are massively interested in whether the Sony/Universal AUS will be locked or not.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:50 AM   #43
Power Member

Feb 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
Most? No and nobody has one that is just a simple Combo pack

The only combo's I'm aware of are a couple of sets combined with the Endo-arm in the EU (150EUR, £120). I still thinking some of the Asia Region A countries may get one and hopefully one without the Arm, but so far Japan,Korea, and HK don't have a listing at all.

At least AUS gets the option of the 3D. US/Canada don't get that option at all in any forum. Given the high probability the EUR versions are likely to be Region locked from Lionsgate/Studio-canal, we are massively interested in whether the Sony/Universal AUS will be locked or not.
Huh? There's this one right here: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Termin...lu-ray/175891/ , but yeah in this case there seems to be a general lack of combo packs.

Unfortunate that 3DTV has stalled so badly, I'm willing to bet 3D would have a massive resurgence if someone made 3D-compatible 4K displays with passive glasses or none at all.
Old 09-25-2017, 05:35 AM   #44
Special Member

Jul 2009
Perth, Australia

Quote:
Unfortunate that 3DTV has stalled so badly, I'm willing to bet 3D would have a massive resurgence if someone made 3D-compatible 4K displays with passive glasses or none at all.
Didn't help with LG... Unfortunately.

Although I did read somewhere that one of the reasons they may have dropped it is because it limits the potential brightness of the panel, which is very important for OLED. So if that is in fact the case it could come back in the future. But I'm not keeping my hopes up.
Old 09-25-2017, 05:57 AM   #45
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2010
Charlotte, NC
-
-
-

Quote:
Huh? There's this one right here: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Termin...lu-ray/175891/ , but yeah in this case there seems to be a general lack of combo packs.
l.
That's not a real listing. It was a placeholder/vaporware put up in March and doesn't actually exist. Lionsgate has pretty much said the US.Canada is only getting the 4K and not 3D versions.

The US T2 3d is pretty much hiding in the same cave as the AUS Pirates of the Caribbean 5/Salazar's Revenge 3D and the Pirates 5 4K UK disc

Last edited by hariseldon; 09-25-2017 at 06:02 AM.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:20 AM   #46
Power Member

Feb 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
That's not a real listing. It was a placeholder/vaporware put up in March and doesn't actually exist. Lionsgate has pretty much said the US.Canada is only getting the 4K and not 3D versions.

The US T2 3d is pretty much hiding in the same cave as the AUS Pirates of the Caribbean 5/Salazar's Revenge 3D and the Pirates 5 4K UK disc
Might as well be that Russian salt mine where the cut footage from Event Horizon got dumped eh
Old 09-25-2017, 06:35 AM   #47

May 2016

Quote:
I'm willing to bet 3D would have a massive resurgence if someone made 3D-compatible 4K displays with passive glasses
I own one.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:56 AM   #48

Apr 2009
Australia

Quote:
I'm willing to bet 3D would have a massive resurgence if someone made 3D-compatible 4K displays with passive glasses
They came too late, and were way to expensive for the masses which is a shame - I never really cared much for 3D at home until I got one. The blame lies with manufacturers and who ever allowed all the different standards.

I preordered the 3D version from Amazon UK back in June, Might as well just grab the Aussie version now that it's actually getting released here.
Visual: LG OLED65G6T
Players: OPPO BDP-105/UDP-203, PS4 Pro, Intel NUC i7
AVR: Pioneer SC-LX701
Speakers: 7.1.2 Mongrel mix of Bowen & Wilkins, JBL and Jamo Dolby Atmos
Old 09-25-2017, 07:09 AM   #49
Power Member

Feb 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by koberulz View Post
i own one.
Guessing it's an LG, how's the quality?
Old 10-09-2017, 10:21 PM   #50

Apr 2009
Australia

Just got an email from Amazon UK that this has been pushed back until November 13th - wonder if the same will apply for Aus?
Old 10-09-2017, 10:56 PM   #51
Contributor

Jul 2010
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyTrix View Post
Just got an email from Amazon UK that this has been pushed back until November 13th - wonder if the same will apply for Aus?
Still the 1st on my database...and they just added the 3D artwork... no 4K artwork yet, but I shall keep an eye on both the date and artwork updates...

Thanks given by:
rightformula1 (10-10-2017), Suntory_Times (10-11-2017)
Old 10-10-2017, 02:23 AM   #52
Power Member

Feb 2016

November 1st according to JB's pre-order info too.
Old 10-10-2017, 01:15 PM   #53
Special Member

Jul 2012

Can’t wait to put the Skynet Edition into my “no longer needed in collection” basket, along with Gladiator (DNR’d “pre-replacement disc” Edition), DieHard Quadrology (PG-13 DieHard 4.0), X-Men: Days of Future Past (non-Rogue Edition), Ghostbusters (original “mastered in HD” non-4K), and the Aussie release of Army of Darkness - Directors cut (Scratch and Debris ridden Edition), just to name a few...

Have also managed to gift a lot of older transfers that have been replaced by newer ones (GoodFellas, A Fish Called Wanda, Midnight Run [UK]), BUT I wouldn’t have the heart to gift the T2 Skynet Edition... Maybe to my sister, who reckons she can’t tell the difference between SD and HD.
Even when I have flipped between the same Foxtel channel in SD and HD, for comparison, she still says she can’t tell the difference.

Fingers crossed T2 UHD stays Nov 1st and doesn’t get pushed back another 2 weeks.
Give me Blu-Ray or give me death.

Streaming sucks!

Respect the filmmakers intentions; Respect the the OAR
Thanks given by:
Alister_M (10-10-2017), LMFAObros (10-10-2017), Mobe1969 (10-10-2017)
Old 10-10-2017, 11:36 PM   #54

Jan 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Grimes View Post
Can’t wait to put the Skynet Edition into my “no longer needed in collection” basket, along with Gladiator (DNR’d “pre-replacement disc” Edition), DieHard Quadrology (PG-13 DieHard 4.0), X-Men: Days of Future Past (non-Rogue Edition), Ghostbusters (original “mastered in HD” non-4K), and the Aussie release of Army of Darkness - Directors cut (Scratch and Debris ridden Edition), just to name a few...

Have also managed to gift a lot of older transfers that have been replaced by newer ones (GoodFellas, A Fish Called Wanda, Midnight Run [UK]), BUT I wouldn’t have the heart to gift the T2 Skynet Edition... Maybe to my sister, who reckons she can’t tell the difference between SD and HD.
Even when I have flipped between the same Foxtel channel in SD and HD, for comparison, she still says she can’t tell the difference.

Fingers crossed T2 UHD stays Nov 1st and doesn’t get pushed back another 2 weeks.
i have both copies of gladiator as the original is 2 discs while the remaster is one disc and the comparison is massive
Old 10-11-2017, 12:12 AM   #55
Expert Member

Jul 2008
Australia

VideoETA is reporting from Lionsgate in that the U.S. version of the T2 4K disc has been cancelled indefinitely due to an issue with the 4K master.
Old 10-11-2017, 12:45 AM   #56
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2008
The Grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMFAObros View Post
i have both copies of gladiator as the original is 2 discs while the remaster is one disc and the comparison is massive
The original release of Gladiator is worse then the dvd and there are moments when the heads of the main character who is the focus of the shot has his head change shape from the amount of manipulation. The rerelease is beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anamnesis View Post
Still the 1st on my database...and they just added the 3D artwork... no 4K artwork yet, but I shall keep an eye on both the date and artwork updates...

Day 1 buy in 3d whenever if comes out.
Display: Panasonic 65vt60 with a darbee darblet, Benq w7000.
Audio: Benchmark Dac1 ->DNA Sonett -> Sennheiser HD800 (balanced).
Thanks given by:
Rick Grimes (10-11-2017)
Old 10-11-2017, 04:47 AM   #57

Apr 2009
Australia

Wonder what caused the sudden cold feet? DNR, more meddling from Cameron? Hopefully this doesn't effect the 3D disc.

Last edited by PsyTrix; 10-11-2017 at 04:53 AM.
Old 10-11-2017, 05:58 AM   #58

Mar 2008
latrobe valley, vic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminG View Post
VideoETA is reporting from Lionsgate in that the U.S. version of the T2 4K disc has been cancelled indefinitely due to an issue with the 4K master.
That may be why Amazon unexpectedly cancelled my Endoarm order
Old 10-11-2017, 11:00 AM   #59
Special Member

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntory_Times View Post
The original release of Gladiator is worse then the dvd and there are moments when the heads of the main character who is the focus of the shot has his head change shape from the amount of manipulation. The rerelease is beautiful.
Exactly. I bought the 2 Disc Steel Slip, and behold, original transfer that was an absolute shocker (checked the serial number and it was the “bad” DNR transfer. They ended up doing a disc exchange... It is that bad.

Bought the 2 Disc digibook and it was the corrected version. Beautiful fine detail, subtle filmic grain.

DNR/EE first attempt review: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Gladia...y/4735/#Review

Corrected remaster: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Gladia.../14649/#Review

I’ve kept the crappy BD release to show people what aggressive DNR looks like vs. a film-like transfer with grain intact.

Thus I was hoping that the T2 4K transfer would be filmic.

If there are issues, I assume it might be that the HEVC transfer won’t fit on a BD-66 without compression issues causing digital anamolies and they have to now go to Triple Layer BD-100s.
Give me Blu-Ray or give me death.

Streaming sucks!

Respect the filmmakers intentions; Respect the the OAR
Thanks given by:
Alister_M (10-11-2017)
Old 10-11-2017, 07:42 PM   #60
Power Member

Feb 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Grimes View Post

I’ve kept the crappy BD release to show people what aggressive DNR looks like vs. a film-like transfer with grain intact.
I got lucky with Gladiator, the cardboard-slip 2-disc edition was one of the first BDs I bought and it's the good version. But I still have Predator Ultimate Hunter Edition if I need a horrible DNR demo disc
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia