Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Prime: Serenity 4K $11.99 (80% claimed)
Prime: The Marx Brothers Silver Scree… $14.99 (59% claimed)
Prime: Darkest Hour $9.99 (77% claimed)
Prime: Dragon Ball Z: Season 3 $14.02 (5 hours left)
Prime: Game of Thrones: Seasons 1-7 $74.99 (16 hours left)
Prime: Peter Rabbit ()

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Harry Potter: 8-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$99.99
 
Rick and Morty: Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
The Shape of Water (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
Call Me by Your Name (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
Justice League (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
Ferdinand (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
Outlander: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
2001: A Space Odyssey 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.85
 
Mission: Impossible III 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
5 hrs ago
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (Blu-ray)
$9.99
23 hrs ago
Mission: Impossible 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Jumanji (Blu-ray)
$6.80
1 hr ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2017, 07:09 AM   #41
Alister_M Alister_M is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Alister_M's Avatar
 
Feb 2016
1003
7
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by koberulz View Post
i own one.
Guessing it's an LG, how's the quality?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 10:21 PM   #42
PsyTrix PsyTrix is offline
Senior Member
 
Apr 2009
Tristan da Cunha
272
6
Default

Just got an email from Amazon UK that this has been pushed back until November 13th - wonder if the same will apply for Aus?
Visual: LG OLED65G6T
Players: OPPO BDP-105/UDP-203, PS4 Pro, Intel NUC i7
AVR: Pioneer SC-LX701
Speakers: 7.1.2 Mongrel mix of Bowen & Wilkins, JBL and Jamo Dolby Atmos

Blu-ray's/Digital Downloads for sale: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread....9#post14437469
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 10:56 PM   #43
Anamnesis Anamnesis is offline
Contributor
 
Anamnesis's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
Australia
6
402
1
29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyTrix View Post
Just got an email from Amazon UK that this has been pushed back until November 13th - wonder if the same will apply for Aus?
Still the 1st on my database...and they just added the 3D artwork... no 4K artwork yet, but I shall keep an eye on both the date and artwork updates...

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
rightformula1 (10-10-2017), Suntory_Times (10-11-2017)
Old 10-10-2017, 02:23 AM   #44
Alister_M Alister_M is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Alister_M's Avatar
 
Feb 2016
1003
7
2
Default

November 1st according to JB's pre-order info too.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 01:15 PM   #45
Rick Grimes Rick Grimes is offline
Power Member
 
Rick Grimes's Avatar
 
Jul 2012
912
11
Default

Can’t wait to put the Skynet Edition into my “no longer needed in collection” basket, along with Gladiator (DNR’d “pre-replacement disc” Edition), DieHard Quadrology (PG-13 DieHard 4.0), X-Men: Days of Future Past (non-Rogue Edition), Ghostbusters (original “mastered in HD” non-4K), and the Aussie release of Army of Darkness - Directors cut (Scratch and Debris ridden Edition), just to name a few...

Have also managed to gift a lot of older transfers that have been replaced by newer ones (GoodFellas, A Fish Called Wanda, Midnight Run [UK]), BUT I wouldn’t have the heart to gift the T2 Skynet Edition... Maybe to my sister, who reckons she can’t tell the difference between SD and HD.
Even when I have flipped between the same Foxtel channel in SD and HD, for comparison, she still says she can’t tell the difference.

Fingers crossed T2 UHD stays Nov 1st and doesn’t get pushed back another 2 weeks.
Give me Blu-Ray or give me death.

Streaming sucks!

With Film & TV on Blu-Ray, you own it... With streaming, your just renting.

Respect the filmmakers intentions; Respect the the OAR
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Alister_M (10-10-2017), LMFAObros (10-10-2017), Mobe1969 (10-10-2017)
Old 10-10-2017, 11:36 PM   #46
LMFAObros LMFAObros is offline
Senior Member
 
LMFAObros's Avatar
 
Jan 2016
Melbourne
818
33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Grimes View Post
Can’t wait to put the Skynet Edition into my “no longer needed in collection” basket, along with Gladiator (DNR’d “pre-replacement disc” Edition), DieHard Quadrology (PG-13 DieHard 4.0), X-Men: Days of Future Past (non-Rogue Edition), Ghostbusters (original “mastered in HD” non-4K), and the Aussie release of Army of Darkness - Directors cut (Scratch and Debris ridden Edition), just to name a few...

Have also managed to gift a lot of older transfers that have been replaced by newer ones (GoodFellas, A Fish Called Wanda, Midnight Run [UK]), BUT I wouldn’t have the heart to gift the T2 Skynet Edition... Maybe to my sister, who reckons she can’t tell the difference between SD and HD.
Even when I have flipped between the same Foxtel channel in SD and HD, for comparison, she still says she can’t tell the difference.

Fingers crossed T2 UHD stays Nov 1st and doesn’t get pushed back another 2 weeks.
i have both copies of gladiator as the original is 2 discs while the remaster is one disc and the comparison is massive
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 12:12 AM   #47
BenjaminG BenjaminG is offline
Expert Member
 
BenjaminG's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
Australia
917
16
Default

VideoETA is reporting from Lionsgate in that the U.S. version of the T2 4K disc has been cancelled indefinitely due to an issue with the 4K master.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 12:45 AM   #48
Suntory_Times Suntory_Times is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Suntory_Times's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
The Grid
16
23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMFAObros View Post
i have both copies of gladiator as the original is 2 discs while the remaster is one disc and the comparison is massive
The original release of Gladiator is worse then the dvd and there are moments when the heads of the main character who is the focus of the shot has his head change shape from the amount of manipulation. The rerelease is beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anamnesis View Post
Still the 1st on my database...and they just added the 3D artwork... no 4K artwork yet, but I shall keep an eye on both the date and artwork updates...

Day 1 buy in 3d whenever if comes out.
Display: Panasonic 65vt60 with a darbee darblet, Benq w7000.
Audio: Benchmark Dac1 ->DNA Sonett -> Sennheiser HD800 (balanced).
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Rick Grimes (10-11-2017)
Old 10-11-2017, 04:47 AM   #49
PsyTrix PsyTrix is offline
Senior Member
 
Apr 2009
Tristan da Cunha
272
6
Default

Wonder what caused the sudden cold feet? DNR, more meddling from Cameron? Hopefully this doesn't effect the 3D disc.
Visual: LG OLED65G6T
Players: OPPO BDP-105/UDP-203, PS4 Pro, Intel NUC i7
AVR: Pioneer SC-LX701
Speakers: 7.1.2 Mongrel mix of Bowen & Wilkins, JBL and Jamo Dolby Atmos

Blu-ray's/Digital Downloads for sale: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread....9#post14437469

Last edited by PsyTrix; 10-11-2017 at 04:53 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 05:58 AM   #50
browny browny is offline
Active Member
 
browny's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
latrobe valley, vic
18
597
1
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminG View Post
VideoETA is reporting from Lionsgate in that the U.S. version of the T2 4K disc has been cancelled indefinitely due to an issue with the 4K master.
That may be why Amazon unexpectedly cancelled my Endoarm order
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 11:00 AM   #51
Rick Grimes Rick Grimes is offline
Power Member
 
Rick Grimes's Avatar
 
Jul 2012
912
11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntory_Times View Post
The original release of Gladiator is worse then the dvd and there are moments when the heads of the main character who is the focus of the shot has his head change shape from the amount of manipulation. The rerelease is beautiful.
Exactly. I bought the 2 Disc Steel Slip, and behold, original transfer that was an absolute shocker (checked the serial number and it was the “bad” DNR transfer. They ended up doing a disc exchange... It is that bad.

Bought the 2 Disc digibook and it was the corrected version. Beautiful fine detail, subtle filmic grain.

DNR/EE first attempt review: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Gladia...y/4735/#Review

Corrected remaster: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Gladia.../14649/#Review






I’ve kept the crappy BD release to show people what aggressive DNR looks like vs. a film-like transfer with grain intact.

Thus I was hoping that the T2 4K transfer would be filmic.

If there are issues, I assume it might be that the HEVC transfer won’t fit on a BD-66 without compression issues causing digital anamolies and they have to now go to Triple Layer BD-100s.
Give me Blu-Ray or give me death.

Streaming sucks!

With Film & TV on Blu-Ray, you own it... With streaming, your just renting.

Respect the filmmakers intentions; Respect the the OAR
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Alister_M (10-11-2017)
Old 10-11-2017, 07:42 PM   #52
Alister_M Alister_M is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Alister_M's Avatar
 
Feb 2016
1003
7
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Grimes View Post


I’ve kept the crappy BD release to show people what aggressive DNR looks like vs. a film-like transfer with grain intact.
I got lucky with Gladiator, the cardboard-slip 2-disc edition was one of the first BDs I bought and it's the good version. But I still have Predator Ultimate Hunter Edition if I need a horrible DNR demo disc
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 08:21 AM   #53
hypnotoad8128 hypnotoad8128 is offline
Active Member
 
hypnotoad8128's Avatar
 
Nov 2010
Australia
1888
1104
73
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by browny View Post
That may be why Amazon unexpectedly cancelled my Endoarm order
Interesting, mine hasn't been cancelled...yet... Still listing as an open order.
DISPLAY(S): Sony 75" X8500 4K HDR / BenQ W1070 Projector / Herma 140 Inch Screen. AMPLIFICATION: 7.1 Onkyo TX-NR838 Dolby ATMOS 5.1.2/True HD/dts-MA/DD Plus/Dolby-EX/ Dolby PLIIx/DTS-ES/DTS NEO:6/DTS96-24 PLAYERS: Sony UXP-X800 4K, Panasonic DMR-BWT740 BD-R [B/4], Sony BDP-S470 BD [A/1], PS3/PS4 [B/4] XBOX ONE [B/4] SPEAKERS: Klipsch Synergy F3 Fronts + C3 Centre + 2x S3 Surrounds + 2x S3 Surround Back + Sub-12 System + Onkyo SKH-410 Atmos.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 08:45 AM   #54
LordCrumb LordCrumb is offline
Moderator
 
LordCrumb's Avatar
 
May 2009
New Zealand
8
2679
49
12
61
Default

If there is an issue with the 4K, i'm glad they are just cancelling the release rather than going through the whole debacle of replacements and customer complaints.
Down Under Group: Sales and Trades
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 10:11 AM   #55
dean1700 dean1700 is offline
Active Member
 
Mar 2011
Townsville, QLD, Australia.
139
2
Default

Not to hijack this thread at all but which release is the remastered version of Gladiator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMFAObros View Post
i have both copies of gladiator as the original is 2 discs while the remaster is one disc and the comparison is massive
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 08:13 PM   #56
Alister_M Alister_M is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Alister_M's Avatar
 
Feb 2016
1003
7
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean1700 View Post
Not to hijack this thread at all but which release is the remastered version of Gladiator?
The entries on this site look they could do with a bit of tidying up.. if you get either the digibook or the one with a cardboard slip you should be sweet. The remastered ones should have a note on the back cover about the PocketBlu app, if it has that then it's remastered.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 03:06 AM   #57
LMFAObros LMFAObros is offline
Senior Member
 
LMFAObros's Avatar
 
Jan 2016
Melbourne
818
33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alister_M View Post
The entries on this site look they could do with a bit of tidying up.. if you get either the digibook or the one with a cardboard slip you should be sweet. The remastered ones should have a note on the back cover about the PocketBlu app, if it has that then it's remastered.
i've got the cardboard slip one and it's not remastered but a friend gave me https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-...diator/310375/ this one which is. this one is only one disc though
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 06:29 AM   #58
Alister_M Alister_M is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Alister_M's Avatar
 
Feb 2016
1003
7
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMFAObros View Post
i've got the cardboard slip one and it's not remastered but a friend gave me https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-...diator/310375/ this one which is. this one is only one disc though
Yeah, mine has an extra two lines of text re the Pocketblu app between the original blurb and the row of screenshots, and an extra note at the end of the copyright spiel down the bottom. The original slipcover doesn't have those, so it's an easy way to tell. Any of the post-2009 versions will invariably be remastered, it's just a bit risky to order anything secondhand sight-unseen if it's a 2-disc metalpak or slipcover.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 01:44 AM   #59
dawson1138 dawson1138 is offline
Member
 
Aug 2010
Default

Just removed from JB's site...
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 02:17 AM   #60
Anamnesis Anamnesis is offline
Contributor
 
Anamnesis's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
Australia
6
402
1
29
Default

Yup - Just received a cancellation notice for all editions of this.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:22 PM.